How long has it been since you sat down and looked for lower-priced Honda CR-Z insurance in Colorado Springs? Are you overwhelmed by the wide range of insurance providers available to you? Many other people are as well. Colorado drivers have so many providers to choose from that it can quickly become a lot of work to locate the lowest premium rates for Honda CR-Z insurance in Colorado Springs. Lots of people think Colorado Springs is a great place to live, but inflated insurance rates can make it nearly impossible for many drivers to buy proper levels of coverage.
Unfortunately, a large majority of drivers have remained with the same insurance company for over three years, and about 40% of consumers have never even shopped around for cheap coverage. Most drivers in Colorado Springs could save about $600 a year by just shopping around, but they think it's difficult to shop their coverage around.
It's a good idea to compare premium rates occasionally because prices change regularly. Even if you got the best deal on Honda CR-Z insurance in Colorado Springs a year ago you can probably find a better rate quote now. Block out anything you think you know about insurance because you're going to learn the best way to properly buy coverages and cut your premium.
Companies offering Honda CR-Z insurance in Colorado
The providers in the list below are our best choices to provide price quotes in Colorado. If several companies are displayed, it's a good idea that you get rates from several of them in order to find the most affordable rates.
Four Tips to Get Cheaper Colorado Springs Insurance Prices
One of the most helpful ways to save on insurance is to to have a grasp of the factors that go into determining your insurance rates. When you understand what controls the rates you pay, this allows you to make educated decisions that will entitle you to much lower annual insurance costs. Many things are used when premium rates are determined. A few of the factors are predictable like your driving record, although some other factors are more transparent like your vehicle usage or how safe your car is.
The factors shown below are some of the most rate-impacting factors utilized by car insurance companies to help set rates.
- Bundle policies with the same company - Lots of insurance companies give a discount to buyers that buy multiple policies such as combining an auto and homeowners policy. Even with this discount, drivers will still want to shop around to help guarantee you have the best rates.There is a chance you can save even more by buying from different companies
- Prices impacted by vehicle usage - Driving a lot of miles in a year the higher your rate. Almost all companies price each vehicle's coverage determined by how the vehicle is used. Cars that are left in the garage qualify for better rates than those that get driven frequently. An improperly rated CR-Z may be wasting your money. It's a smart idea to ensure your policy shows the proper vehicle usage, because improper ratings can cost you money.
- Good drivers pay the best prices - Having a single ticket could increase your next policy renewal by twenty percent. Careful drivers receive lower rates as compared to those with violations. Drivers who get careless violations like DUI, reckless driving or excessive speeding may find they need to file a SR-22 with their state in order to keep their license.
- Liability coverage limits are a factor - A critical coverage on your policy, liability insurance will provide protection when a jury decides you are liable for an accident. Your liability coverage provides legal defense coverage starting from day one. Liability insurance is quite affordable compared to comp and collision, so insureds should have plenty of protection for their assets.
- Insurance losses for a Honda CR-Z - Companies use statistical claims data when they calculate premium rates for each model. Models that are shown to have higher number or severity of losses will have a higher cost to insure. The information below illustrates the compiled insurance loss statistics for Honda CR-Z vehicles.
For each coverage category, the loss probability for all vehicles, regardless of manufacturer or model, is considered to be 100. Percentage numbers below 100 indicate better than average losses, while numbers shown that are more than 100 indicate more frequent claims or an increased chance of larger losses than average.
Auto Insurance Loss Data for Honda CR-Z Models
Specific Honda Model Collision Property Damage Comp Personal Injury Medical Payment Bodily Injury Honda CR-Z Hybrid 106 87 83 98
Empty fields indicate not enough data collected
Data Source: iihs.org (Insurance Institute for Highway Safety) for 2013-2015 Model Years
Do you qualify for discounts on Honda CR-Z insurance in Colorado Springs?
Some insurance providers don't list all available discounts in an easy-to-find place, so the list below details a few of the more well known as well as some of the hidden discounts you could be receiving when you buy Colorado Springs car insurance online.
- Distant Student - Kids who live away from home at college without a vehicle on campus may be able to be covered for less.
- Include Life Insurance and Save - Not every insurance company offers life insurance, but if they do you may earn a discounted rate on car insurance if you buy a life insurance policy as well.
- Telematics Data - Insureds that choose to allow data collection to look at driving patterns by using a telematic data system such as Snapshot from Progressive or Drivewise from Allstate could save a few bucks if their driving habits are good.
- Bundled Policy Discount - If you can bundle your auto and homeowners insurance with one company you could save up to 20% and get you cheap CR-Z insurance.
- Discounts for New Vehicles - Buying insurance coverage on a new vehicle can save up to 30% since newer vehicles are generally safer.
- Military Deployment Discount - Being on active duty in the military can result in better auto insurance rates.
- No Charge for an Accident - This one isn't a discount, but companies like GEICO and Allstate permit an accident before hitting you with a surcharge as long as you don't have any claims for a set time period.
Policy discounts save money, but some of the credits will not apply to the overall cost of the policy. Some only apply to specific coverage prices like medical payments or collision. Just because it seems like you could get a free auto insurance policy, insurance companies wouldn't stay in business.
Companies that may have these money-saving discounts may include but are not limited to:
If you need cheaper Colorado Springs car insurance quotes, ask every prospective company how many discounts you can get. A few discounts may not apply to policyholders in Colorado Springs. If you would like to see a list of providers that offer many of these discounts in Colorado Springs, follow this link.
Local insurance agents
Certain consumers prefer to sit down and talk to an agent and that is a personal choice. The biggest benefit of comparing insurance online is the fact that you can find the best rates and still have a local agent.
To make it easy to find an agent, after completing this simple form, your insurance data is immediately sent to companies in Colorado Springs who will give competitive quotes to get your business. You won't even need to even leave your home since rate quotes are delivered to you. You can find better rates and a licensed agent to work with. In the event you want to get a price quote from a specific insurance company, just go to their quote page and fill out the quote form the provide.
Choosing the best company is decision based upon more than just the price. You should also get answers to these questions.
- Are they involved in claim handling?
- Can you get a list of referrals?
- Do they specialize in personal lines auto insurance in Colorado Springs?
- Do they have advanced training designations such as CPCU, AAI, AIC, or CIC?
- Is the quote a firm price?
- Where would your vehicle be repaired?
- Will their companies depreciate repairs to your car based on the mileage?
If you are searching for a reputable agency, it helps to know the two types of insurance agents and how they can service your needs differently. Agencies in Colorado Springs can be classified as either independent or exclusive.
Exclusive Insurance Agencies
Agents of this type are contracted to one company such as American Family, State Farm, and Allstate. Exclusive agencies are unable to shop your coverage around so it's a take it or leave it situation. Exclusive insurance agents receive extensive training on their products and sales techniques which helps them sell insurance even at higher premiums. Consumers sometimes buy from exclusive agents mainly due to the brand legacy rather than having the cheapest rates.
The following are Colorado Springs exclusive insurance agents who can help you get price quote information.
- John Youngdahl - State Farm Insurance Agent
600 N Tejon St - Colorado Springs, CO 80903 - (719) 475-8787 - View Map
- American Family Insurance - Jim Whitlock Agency LLC
8540 Scarborough Dr Ste 220 - Colorado Springs, CO 80920 - (719) 591-6336 - View Map
- American Family Insurance - Steve Stiltner
4549 Austin Bluffs Pkwy - Colorado Springs, CO 80918 - (719) 596-8812 - View Map
Independent Agencies or Brokers
Independent agents do not write with just one company so as a result can place your coverage with multiple insurance companies and get the cheapest rates. To move your coverage to a new company, your policy is moved internally which is easy for the insured.
If you are trying to find cheaper rates, you definitely need to contact a few independent agents for the best price selection. They often place coverage with additional companies that you may not be familiar with which may provide better rates.
Listed below are Colorado Springs independent agents who can help you get comparison quotes.
- Insurance Stops
2105 E Bijou St A - Colorado Springs, CO 80909 - (719) 636-3369 - View Map
- Springs Insurance Brokers
1837 Austin Bluffs Pkwy #101 - Colorado Springs, CO 80918 - (719) 268-1300 - View Map
- O'Donnell Agency Inc
707 S Tejon St - Colorado Springs, CO 80903 - (719) 227-7100 - View Map
After receiving answers to your satisfaction to all your questions and locked in a price quote, you may have just found an insurance agent that meets your needs to insure your vehicles.
Tricks in insurance advertising
Popular insurance providers such as State Farm and Allstate continually stream television, radio, and online ads. All the companies state the claim about savings after switching your policy. How does every insurance company make the same claim? Here is how they do it.
Insurance providers are able to cherry pick for the type of customer that will add to their bottom line. For instance, a profitable risk profile could possibly be between the ages of 30 and 45, has no prior claims, and insures a new vehicle. Anyone who fits that profile may get the lowest premium rates in Colorado Springs and most likely will pay quite a bit less when switching companies.
Insureds who fall outside these standards will probably be forced to pay more expensive rates which translates to the prospect going elsewhere. The ads say "customers who switch" but not "everyone who gets a quote" save money. That's the way companies can truthfully advertise the way they do. Because of these techniques, it's extremely important to get price quotes at each policy renewal. Because you cannot predict which insurance companies will have the lowest rate quotes.
When do I need an agent's advice?
When it comes to buying your policy for your vehicles, there really isn't a "perfect" insurance plan. You are unique and a cookie cutter policy won't apply. For instance, these questions can help discover if your insurance needs would benefit from an agent's advice.
- What should my uninsured motorist coverage limits be in Colorado?
- How can I force my company to pay a claim?
- Why am I required to buy high-risk coverage?
- How long can I keep a teen driver on my policy?
- Should I have a commercial auto policy?
- Can I afford to buy a different vehicle if my Honda CR-Z is totaled?
- How do I buy GAP insurance?
- Exactly who is provided coverage by my policy?
- What happens if I owe more than my Honda CR-Z is worth?
- Do I need special endorsements for business use of my vehicle?
If it's difficult to answer those questions then you might want to talk to an agent. To find lower rates from a local agent, fill out this quick form or click here for a list of insurance companies in your area.
In the end, you can save money
There are still a few companies who do not provide online rate quotes and usually these regional carriers only sell through independent insurance agents. More affordable auto insurance in Colorado Springs can be bought online in addition to many Colorado Springs insurance agents, and you need to comparison shop both to have the best selection.
When buying insurance coverage, it's not a good idea to sacrifice coverage to reduce premiums. In many cases, an accident victim reduced physical damage coverage and learned later that the savings was not a smart move. The goal is to buy the best coverage you can find at the best possible price but still have enough coverage for asset protection.
- Uninsured Motorist Statistics (Insurance Information Institute)
- Who Has Affordable Auto Insurance for High Risk Drivers in Colorado? (FAQ)
- What is the Cheapest Car Insurance in Loveland, CO? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable Auto Insurance Quotes for a Toyota Camry in Colorado? (FAQ)
- How Much is Auto Insurance for Used Cars in Colorado? (FAQ)
- Auto Insurance Basics (Insurance Information Institute)
- What Determines the Price of My Auto Insurance Policy? (Insurance Information Institute)
- Rental Reimbursement Coverage (Allstate)
- Warning systems don't curb driver distraction (Insurance Institute for Highway Safety)