Are you sick of overpaying and want more competitive car insurance rates in Denver, CO? Denver consumers have many options when looking for affordable GMC Canyon insurance. They can either spend hours driving around getting price quotes or utilize the internet to get rate quotes.
There is a better way to buy car insurance so you're going to learn the absolute fastest way to quote coverages for a GMC and obtain the lowest price from Denver insurance agents and online providers.
Most major insurance companies like Allstate, GEICO and Progressive make it easy to get coverage prices on their websites. Comparing GMC Canyon insurance rates online is quite simple as you just enter the coverage amounts you desire into the quote form. Once entered, their quoting system collects your credit score and driving record and returns a price quote based on these and other factors.
This makes it simple to compare prices and it's also necessary to perform this step in order to get the best possible rates on insurance.
In order to find out how much you're overpaying now, take a look at the companies shown below. If you have your current policy handy, we recommend you input your coverages exactly as shown on your declarations page. This way, you will be getting rate quotes using the same coverage and limits.
The providers in the list below provide price comparisons in Colorado. If more than one company is shown, we suggest you visit several of them to get a more complete price comparison.
|Model||Comp||Collision||Liability||Medical||UM/UIM||Annual Premium||Monthly Premium|
|Canyon SLE Regular Cab 2WD||$126||$244||$396||$24||$118||$908||$76|
|Canyon SLE Ext Cab 2WD||$232||$526||$426||$26||$128||$1,338||$112|
|Canyon SLE Ext Cab Z71 2WD||$162||$354||$474||$28||$142||$1,160||$97|
|Canyon SLE Crew Cab 2WD||$214||$454||$474||$28||$142||$1,312||$109|
|Canyon SLE Regular Cab 4WD||$160||$268||$456||$28||$136||$1,048||$87|
|Canyon SLE Crew Cab Z71 2WD||$294||$536||$358||$22||$108||$1,318||$110|
|Canyon SLT Ext Cab 2WD||$344||$546||$460||$28||$138||$1,516||$126|
|Canyon SLE Ext Cab 4WD||$190||$312||$396||$24||$118||$1,040||$87|
|Canyon SLT Crew Cab 2WD||$260||$630||$396||$24||$118||$1,428||$119|
|Canyon SLE Ext Cab Z71 4WD||$246||$420||$362||$22||$108||$1,158||$97|
|Canyon SLE Crew Cab 4WD||$264||$448||$396||$24||$118||$1,250||$104|
|Canyon SLE Crew Cab Z71 4WD||$210||$354||$474||$28||$142||$1,208||$101|
|Canyon SLT Crew Cab 4WD||$194||$314||$338||$20||$100||$966||$81|
|Canyon SLT Ext Cab 4WD||$182||$326||$456||$28||$136||$1,128||$94|
|Get Your Own Custom Quote Go|
Prices based on single female driver age 40, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, $1,000 deductibles, and Colorado minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include multi-vehicle, claim-free, safe-driver, homeowner, and multi-policy. Estimates do not factor in specific zip code location which can raise or lower coverage rates noticeably.
Gender-based auto insurance premiums
The diagram below compares GMC Canyon insurance costs for male and female drivers. The premiums are based on no claims or driving violations, comprehensive and collision coverage, $250 deductibles, single marital status, and no discounts are taken into consideration.
Why do I need car insurance?
Despite the high cost of buying insurance for a GMC Canyon in Denver, paying for auto insurance serves a purpose in several ways.
- Just about all states have mandatory insurance requirements which means you are required to carry a minimum amount of liability in order to license the vehicle. In Colorado these limits are 25/50/15 which means you must have $25,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $50,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $15,000 of property damage coverage.
- If you took out a loan on your GMC Canyon, almost every bank will stipulate that you buy full coverage to protect their interest in the vehicle. If you do not pay your insurance premiums, the lender may have to buy a policy to insure your GMC at a much higher premium rate and force you to pay for it.
- Insurance safeguards not only your GMC but also your financial assets. It will also pay for hospital and medical expenses for both you and anyone you injure as the result of an accident. Liability coverage also pays expenses related to your legal defense if you are sued as the result of an accident. If your vehicle suffers damage from an accident or hail, comprehensive and/or collision insurance will pay all costs to repair after the deductible has been paid.
The benefits of carrying enough insurance more than offset the price you pay, especially with large liability claims. Despite what companies tell you, the average driver overpays as much as $855 a year so you should quote your policy with other companies at least once a year to make sure the price is not too high.
Denver insurance discounts for a GMC Canyon
Some insurance providers don't always publicize every possible discount in an easy-to-find place, so the next list breaks down both well-publicized and the harder-to-find savings tricks you should be using when you buy Denver car insurance online.
- Student in College - College-age children who live away from home at college and do not take a car to college may qualify for this discount.
- Club Memberships - Being in specific professional or occupational memberships or organizations is a simple method to lower premiums on your policy.
- Discounts for Good Drivers - Safe drivers can save up to 40% or more on their Denver car insurance quote compared to accident prone drivers.
- Bundle and Save - If you can bundle your homeowners and auto insurance with the same insurance company you may earn at least 10% off all policies.
- Theft Deterrent System - Cars equipped with anti-theft or alarm systems help deter theft and qualify for as much as a 10% discount.
- Discounts for New Vehicles - Buying insurance coverage on a new vehicle can save you some money because new model year vehicles have to meet stringent safety requirements.
- Active Military Service - Being on active deployment in the military may qualify for rate reductions.
- Fewer Miles Equal More Savings - Driving less may allow you to get lower rates due to less chance of an accident.
- Driver Education Discount - Cut your cost by having your teen driver successfully complete driver's ed class if it's offered in school.
Discounts save money, but please remember that many deductions do not apply to the entire cost. Most only cut specific coverage prices like physical damage coverage or medical payments. Even though it appears you could get a free auto insurance policy, it doesn't quite work that way.
Car insurance companies that may have most of the discounts above are:
Check with every insurance company to give you their best rates. All car insurance discounts might not be available to policyholders in Denver. For a list of insurers that offer some of these discounts in Denver, click this link.
You may want advice from an agent
Many drivers still prefer to go talk to an agent and there is nothing wrong with that. Good agents can answer important questions and will help you if you have claims. A good thing about comparing rates online is you can get cheap car insurance rates and still choose a local agent. Putting coverage with neighborhood insurance agencies is still important in Denver.
By using this short form, the quote information gets sent to participating agents in Denver who can give free rate quotes for your coverage. You won't need to search for an agent as quotes are delivered immediately to you. In the event you want to quote rates from a specific insurance company, you would need to go to their quote page and submit a quote form there.
When researching a reputable insurance agent or broker, it helps to know the two types of agencies and how they are distinctly different. Denver agents are categorized either exclusive or independent. Either type can sell affordable car insurance policies, but it's worth learning why they differ because it can impact which type of agent you select.
Agents in the independent channel can quote rates with many companies so they have the ability to put coverage with multiple insurance companies and find you the best rates. To move your coverage to a new company, your agent can just switch to a different company which is easy for the insured.
When comparing car insurance prices, it's a good idea to include rate quotes from multiple independent agents in order to have the best price comparison. Most also have access to smaller companies which may provide better rates.
Listed below is a small list of independent agents in Denver that may be able to provide pricing information.
- All Insurance Agency
67 Knox Ct - Denver, CO 80219 - (303) 935-3661 - View Map
- Alliance General Insurance Agency
2696 CO-2 - Denver, CO 80222 - (303) 377-1172 - View Map
- Affordable American Insurance-Lloyd Nguyen Agency
1834 S Sheridan Blvd - Denver, CO 80232 - (303) 936-7233 - View Map
Exclusive Insurance Agents
Agents in the exclusive channel can only provide one company's prices and some examples include State Farm or Allstate. Exclusive agents cannot provide other company's prices so it's a take it or leave it situation. These agents are well schooled on their products and sales techniques which helps overcome the inability to quote other rates. Many people use the same agent primarily because of the brand name rather than having the cheapest rates.
Below is a short list of exclusive agencies in Denver willing to provide comparison quotes.
- Lori Rickert State Farm??
714 S Pearl St - Denver, CO 80209 - (303) 757-7440 - View Map
- Stephanie Sponder - State Farm Insurance Agent
671 E 19th Ave - Denver, CO 80203 - (303) 744-0757 - View Map
- Farmers Insurance - Angel Le
1145 S Federal Blvd - Denver, CO 80219 - (303) 975-8911 - View Map
Picking a insurance agency needs to be determined by more than just the premium amount. The questions below may impact your decision as well.
- How many years have they been established?
- If you have an accident, will your rates go up?
- Are they able to influence company decisions when a claim is filed?
- Does the agency have a good rating with the Better Business Bureau?
- Do they assist clients in filing claims?
- What are the financial ratings for the companies they represent?
- When do they do policy reviews?
- Is the agent and/or agency licensed to do business in Colorado?
Will just any policy work for me?
When choosing coverage online or from an agent, there is no one-size-fits-all type of policy. You are unique so this has to be addressed. For example, these questions may help highlight if your situation will benefit from professional help.
- Do I need special coverage while pulling a rented trailer?
- How much underlying liability do I need for an umbrella policy?
- What if a claim settlement is too low?
- Will I be non-renewed for getting a DUI or other conviction?
- Is my son or daughter covered when driving my car?
- How much liability do I need to cover my assets?
- Is pleasure use cheaper than using my GMC Canyon to commute?
- How long can I keep a teen driver on my policy?
If it's difficult to answer those questions, then you may want to think about talking to a licensed agent. If you don't have a local agent, fill out this quick form or you can also visit this page to select a carrier It only takes a few minutes and may give you better protection.
Be persistent to save money
When buying insurance coverage, don't be tempted to buy less coverage just to save a little money. In too many instances, an insured dropped physical damage coverage and discovered at claim time they didn't purchase enough coverage. Your strategy should be to buy a smart amount of coverage at the best possible price, not the least amount of coverage.
Some companies may not provide the ability to get quotes online and these regional carriers prefer to sell through local independent agencies. Budget-conscious GMC Canyon insurance is possible both online as well as from independent agents in Denver, so you need to compare both in order to have the best price selection to choose from.
Much more information about auto insurance in Colorado can be read on the following sites:
- Medical Payments Coverage (Liberty Mutual)
- Who Has Cheap Car Insurance Quotes for a Subaru Outback in Colorado? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable Auto Insurance Quotes for Postal Workers in Colorado? (FAQ)
- Who Has the Cheapest Colorado Car Insurance for Young Drivers? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Colorado Auto Insurance for Infrequent Drivers? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable Auto Insurance Quotes for Inexperienced Drivers in Colorado? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Auto Insurance for Uber Drivers in Colorado? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable Auto Insurance for Government Employees in Colorado? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Auto Insurance Quotes for Good Drivers in Colorado? (FAQ)
- Protect Yourself Against Auto Theft (Insurance Information Institute)
- Five Tips to Save on Auto Insurance (Insurance Information Institute)