Are you researching low-cost Ford Mustang insurance in Denver? If shopping for Denver auto insurance quotes online is new to you, it's easy to get confused thanks to the vast number of local and online companies all offering big savings in Denver.
A recent insurance study revealed that a large majority of drivers have been with the same company for a minimum of four years, and about 40% of consumers have never compared insurance rates at all. Consumers in Colorado could save themselves roughly 35% a year, but they mistakenly think it's difficult to shop their coverage around.
It's a great practice to get comparison quotes as often as possible because insurance rates fluctuate regularly. Just because you found the lowest premium rates on Ford Mustang insurance in Denver last year a different company probably has better prices today. Forget anything you know (or think you know) about insurance because I'm going to teach you how to use the internet to save on insurance.
Lower rate quotes on Ford Mustang insurance in Denver with these eight auto insurance discounts
The price of auto insurance can be rather high, but you may find discounts that you may not even be aware of. Some discounts will apply at the time of quoting, but some must be asked for in order for you to get them.
- Driver Education Discount - Teen drivers should complete a driver education course if it's offered in school.
- Lower Rates for Military - Having an actively deployed family member may qualify for rate reductions.
- Waiver for an Accident - Not really a discount, but a few companies such as Allstate and Progressive will allow you to have one accident without the usual rate increase as long as you don't have any claims for a particular time prior to the accident.
- Senior Discount - Seniors can possibly qualify for a small decrease in premiums.
- Discounts for New Vehicles - Putting insurance on a new Mustang can save up to 30% since new vehicles have better safety ratings.
- Anti-lock Brake Discount - Vehicles with ABS and/or traction control have fewer accidents and therefore earn up to a 10% discount.
- Seat Belt Discounts - Requiring all passengers to buckle up could cut 10% or more off the personal injury premium cost.
- Discounts for Safe Drivers - Insureds without accidents can save as much as half off their rates as compared to drivers with claims.
It's important to understand that most credits do not apply to the entire cost. Some only reduce the cost of specific coverages such as comprehensive or collision. Even though it may seem like you would end up receiving a 100% discount, companies wouldn't make money that way.
A partial list of companies that may offer policyholders these benefits include:
If you want affordable Denver auto insurance quotes, ask all companies you are considering how you can save money. Discounts may not apply to policies in your area. To view auto insurance companies with discount auto insurance rates in Denver, follow this link.
When price shopping your coverage, obtaining a wide range of quotes helps increase your odds of locating the best rates. Some smaller insurers do not give online Denver Mustang insurance quotes, so you should also compare prices from the smaller companies as well.
The following companies offer price quotes in Denver, CO. If the list has multiple companies, it's highly recommended you visit as many as you can in order to find the most affordable rates.
|Model||Comp||Collision||Liability||Medical||UM/UIM||Annual Premium||Monthly Premium|
|Mustang 2-Dr Convertible||$164||$390||$426||$26||$128||$1,134||$95|
|Mustang 2-Dr Coupe||$220||$434||$440||$26||$132||$1,252||$104|
|Mustang GT 2-Dr Convertible||$214||$490||$368||$22||$110||$1,204||$100|
|Mustang GT 2-Dr Coupe||$330||$726||$448||$26||$134||$1,664||$139|
|Mustang Shelby GT500 2-Dr Convertible||$204||$482||$358||$22||$108||$1,174||$98|
|Mustang Shelby GT500 2-Dr Coupe||$324||$848||$462||$28||$138||$1,800||$150|
|Get Your Own Custom Quote Go|
Data based on married female driver age 40, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, $250 deductibles, and Colorado minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include multi-policy, homeowner, multi-vehicle, claim-free, and safe-driver. Price information does not factor in specific location information which can impact coverage prices noticeably.
Illustration showing the impact of accidents and violations
The information below highlights how speeding tickets and at-fault collisions can affect Ford Mustang annual premium costs for each different age group. The rates are based on a single male driver, full coverage, $250 deductibles, and no discounts are taken into consideration.
Cost difference between full coverage and liability
The chart below shows the difference between Ford Mustang insurance costs with full physical damage coverage compared to only buying liability only. The costs are based on no claims or violations, $250 deductibles, single male driver, and no discounts are taken into consideration.
Should you pay for full coverage or liability only?
There is no exact formula of when to eliminate comprehensive and collision coverage on your policy, but there is a general school of thought. If the yearly cost of full coverage is about 10% or more of the replacement cost minus the deductible, the it may be a good time to stop paying for full coverage.
For example, let's assume your Ford Mustang settlement value is $5,000 and you have $1,000 physical damage deductibles. If your vehicle is totaled in an accident, you would only receive $4,000 after the policy deductible has been paid. If you are paying over $400 annually for full coverage, then it could be time to drop full coverage.
There are a few situations where eliminating full coverage is not in your best interest. If you still have a loan on your vehicle, you have to carry full coverage in order to satisfy the requirements of the loan. Also, if you cannot afford to purchase a different vehicle if your current one is totaled, you should not drop full coverage.
Everyone needs different insurance coverages
Keep in mind that when it comes to choosing insurance from an agent or online for your vehicles, there is no one size fits all plan. Everyone's situation is unique.
Here are some questions about coverages that can aid in determining whether you might need an agent's assistance.
- Will damage be repaired with OEM parts?
- What is the ISO rating for a Ford Mustang?
- When should I not file a claim?
- Should I buy additional glass protection?
- When should I remove my kid from my policy?
- What is the minimum liability in Colorado?
- Is my vehicle covered by my employer's policy when using it for work?
- Why am I be forced to buy a membership to get insurance from some companies?
If you're not sure about those questions but a few of them apply then you might want to talk to a licensed agent. If you want to speak to an agent in your area, complete this form.
Independent versus exclusive car insurance agents
Some people would prefer to visit with an insurance agent and that is recommended in a lot of cases The best thing about getting online price quotes is the fact that drivers can get lower rates but still work with a licensed agent.
By using this short form, your coverage information is transmitted to companies in Denver who will give competitive quotes for your insurance coverage. You won't need to do any legwork as quotes are delivered to you instantly. Get lower rates and work with a local agent. If you have a need to get a rate quote from a particular provider, you can always jump over to their website to submit a rate quote request.
Finding the right provider should depend on more than just a cheap price. The following questions are important to ask.
- Does the company use OEM repair parts?
- How are they compensated?
- How long has their agency been in business in Denver?
- How does the company pay claims for a total loss?
- Does the agency have a current Errors and Omissions policy?
- What is the agency's Better Business Bureau rating?
- Where would your vehicle be repaired?
- Will their companies depreciate repairs to your car based on the mileage?
Listed below are agents in Denver who can help you get price quote information for Ford Mustang insurance in Denver.
- FUSA Insurance Agency
7900 E Union Ave #200 - Denver, CO 80237 - (303) 752-5806 - View Map
- A Complete Home and Auto Insurance Agency
44 Cook St #100 - Denver, CO 80206 - (303) 650-0060 - View Map
- Aspen Insurance Agency
2238 S Broadway - Denver, CO 80210 - (303) 777-2991 - View Map
- Rick Emerson Jr. - State Farm Insurance Agent
4800 Happy Canyon Rd #230 - Denver, CO 80237 - (303) 781-1133 - View Map
After receiving positive feedback for all questions you ask as well as offering an affordable quote, most likely you have located an insurer that is reliable enough to insure your vehicles.
Auto insurance just makes sense
Even though it can be expensive, buying auto insurance may be required and benefits you in several ways.
- The majority of states have mandatory liability insurance requirements which means you are required to buy a specific minimum amount of liability coverage if you want to drive legally. In Colorado these limits are 25/50/15 which means you must have $25,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $50,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $15,000 of property damage coverage.
- If you took out a loan on your Mustang, almost every bank will have a requirement that you have physical damage coverage to guarantee payment of the loan. If coverage lapses or is canceled, the lender will be forced to insure your Ford at a significantly higher premium and require you to reimburse them for it.
- Insurance protects both your car and your personal assets. It will also provide coverage for medical expenses for not only you but also any passengers injured in an accident. Liability insurance, one of your policy coverages, also covers legal expenses if you are sued as the result of your driving. If you have damage to your Ford as the result of the weather or an accident, comprehensive and collision coverage will pay to repair the damage minus the deductible amount.
The benefits of insuring your car greatly outweigh the cost, especially for larger claims. But the average driver in Colorado is currently overpaying as much as $850 per year so you should quote and compare rates at every policy renewal to save money.
Specifics of your auto insurance policy
Learning about specific coverages of your auto insurance policy can be of help when determining the best coverages and proper limits and deductibles. The terms used in a policy can be ambiguous and nobody wants to actually read their policy.
Auto liability - Liability insurance provides protection from damages or injuries you inflict on people or other property by causing an accident. This insurance protects YOU from claims by other people. It does not cover your injuries or vehicle damage.
Liability coverage has three limits: per person bodily injury, per accident bodily injury, and a property damage limit. Your policy might show limits of 25/50/15 which stand for a limit of $25,000 per injured person, a limit of $50,000 in injury protection per accident, and property damage coverage for $15,000.
Liability insurance covers things like pain and suffering, emergency aid, funeral expenses, bail bonds and attorney fees. The amount of liability coverage you purchase is a decision to put some thought into, but consider buying as much as you can afford. Colorado requires minimum liability limits of 25/50/15 but you should think about purchasing more coverage.
Medical costs insurance - Personal Injury Protection (PIP) and medical payments coverage reimburse you for immediate expenses such as prosthetic devices, nursing services, funeral costs and pain medications. They are often utilized in addition to your health insurance program or if you lack health insurance entirely. Medical payments and PIP cover not only the driver but also the vehicle occupants in addition to if you are hit as a while walking down the street. PIP is only offered in select states and may carry a deductible
Comprehensive or Other Than Collision - Comprehensive insurance coverage will pay to fix damage that is not covered by collision coverage. A deductible will apply then the remaining damage will be covered by your comprehensive coverage.
Comprehensive insurance covers things such as rock chips in glass, damage from a tornado or hurricane, falling objects, damage from getting keyed and vandalism. The maximum amount your auto insurance company will pay is the market value of your vehicle, so if it's not worth much more than your deductible consider removing comprehensive coverage.
UM/UIM Coverage - Your UM/UIM coverage protects you and your vehicle when other motorists do not carry enough liability coverage. Covered losses include hospital bills for your injuries and also any damage incurred to your Ford Mustang.
Because many people only purchase the least amount of liability that is required (Colorado limits are 25/50/15), it doesn't take a major accident to exceed their coverage limits. For this reason, having high UM/UIM coverages is very important.
Collision coverage - Collision coverage pays for damage to your Mustang resulting from colliding with another car or object. You have to pay a deductible and then insurance will cover the remainder.
Collision can pay for claims such as backing into a parked car, colliding with a tree, hitting a mailbox and scraping a guard rail. This coverage can be expensive, so you might think about dropping it from older vehicles. It's also possible to increase the deductible on your Mustang to save money on collision insurance.
Be persistent and save
Lower-priced Ford Mustang insurance in Denver is definitely available online and with local Denver insurance agents, and you should be comparing both so you have a total pricing picture. There are still a few companies who may not offer online quoting and usually these regional insurance providers only sell through local independent agencies.
As you quote Denver auto insurance, you should never buy lower coverage limits just to save a few bucks. There are a lot of situations where someone dropped full coverage only to discover later that the small savings ended up costing them much more. Your objective should be to find the BEST coverage at the best possible price but still have enough coverage for asset protection.
People who switch companies do it for a variety of reasons including extreme rates for teen drivers, high prices, denial of a claim and even high rates after DUI convictions. Regardless of your reason, switching companies is actually quite simple.
To read more, feel free to visit the articles below:
- Five Mistakes to Avoid (Insurance Information Institute)
- What Insurance is Cheapest for a Ford Explorer in Colorado? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable Colorado Auto Insurance for Business Use? (FAQ)
- What is the Cheapest Auto Insurance in Aurora, Colorado? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable Auto Insurance for Teenagers in Colorado? (FAQ)
- How Much is Auto Insurance for Hybrid Vehicles in Colorado? (FAQ)
- What Car Insurance is Cheapest for Drivers Over Age 70 in Colorado? (FAQ)
- How to shop for a safer car (Insurance Institute for Highway Safety)
- New Honda safety features benefit drivers of all ages (Insurance Institute for Highway Safety)
- Avoiding Deer Collisions (Insurance Information Institute)