Do you want a faster way to compare lower-priced auto insurance rates in Fort Collins, CO? Fort Collins drivers have a choice when trying to find the best price on Ford Focus insurance. You can either waste hours struggling with agents trying to get quotes or use the internet to make rate comparisons. There is a right way and a wrong way to shop for auto insurance and you need to know the best way to quote coverages for a new or used Ford and find the cheapest rates.
Consumers need to price shop coverage once or twice a year since prices are usually higher with each renewal. Despite the fact that you may have had the best rates on Ford Focus insurance in Fort Collins on your last policy other companies may now be cheaper. Forget all the misinformation about auto insurance because you're about to learn how to use the internet to find lower rates on auto insurance.
Fort Collins insurance discounts for a Ford Focus
Some companies don't list all available discounts very well, so the following list contains both the well known and the harder-to-find credits available to lower your premiums when you buy Fort Collins auto insurance online.
- Theft Deterrent - Vehicles equipped with tracking devices and advanced anti-theft systems are less likely to be stolen and earn discounts up to 10% off your Fort Collins auto insurance quote.
- Discount for New Cars - Insuring a new Focus may earn a small discount due to better safety requirements for new vehicles.
- Early Payment Discounts - By paying your entire bill at once rather than spreading payments over time you can avoid monthly service charges.
- First Accident Forgiveness - Not a discount per se, but certain companies allow you one accident without raising rates as long as you don't have any claims for a certain period of time.
- Onboard Data Collection - Drivers that enable driving data submission to scrutinize driving habits by using a telematics device in their vehicle such as Drivewise from Allstate or Snapshot from Progressive could possibly reduce rates if their driving habits are good.
- Passenger Safety Discount - Options like air bags and/or automatic seat belt systems can receive discounts as much as 30%.
- Senior Citizen Discount - Seniors could receive a discount up to 10%.
- Seat Belt Discounts - Forcing all vehicle occupants to fasten their seat belts could save 15% off the PIP or medical payment premium.
- Discounts for Federal Employees - Active or retired federal employment can save as much as 8% but check with your company.
A quick disclaimer, most discount credits are not given to the overall cost of the policy. Most only cut the price of certain insurance coverages like comprehensive or collision. So even though it sounds like all the discounts add up to a free policy, company stockholders wouldn't be very happy. Any amount of discount will help lower your overall bill.
Auto insurance companies who may offer most of the discounts above include:
Before purchasing a policy, check with every company which discounts you qualify for. Depending on the company, some discounts may not apply to policies in every state.
Buy Fort Collins Ford Focus insurance online
Most larger insurance companies like State Farm, GEICO and Progressive allow consumers to get insurance quotes on their websites. Doing online price comparisons for Ford Focus insurance in Fort Collins is quite easy because you just enter your coverage preferences on the page. Behind the scenes, the system orders reports for credit and driving violations and generates pricing information based on many factors.
Being able to quote online for Ford Focus insurance in Fort Collins simplifies rate comparisons, and it's also necessary to perform this step if you are searching for a better rate.
If you want to find out how much you're overpaying now, check out the car insurance providers below. If you currently have coverage, we recommend you replicate the coverages as shown on your current policy. This ensures you will receive a fair comparison using the exact same coverages.
The following companies are ready to provide comparison quotes in Colorado. If multiple providers are shown, we suggest you visit as many as you can to get the lowest price.
|Model||Comp||Collision||Liability||Medical||UM/UIM||Annual Premium||Monthly Premium|
|Focus S 4-Dr Sedan||$216||$420||$362||$22||$108||$1,128||$94|
|Focus SE 4-Dr Sedan||$240||$502||$362||$22||$108||$1,234||$103|
|Focus SEL 4-Dr Sedan||$226||$630||$368||$22||$110||$1,356||$113|
|Focus SES 4-Dr Sedan||$126||$332||$368||$22||$110||$958||$80|
|Focus SE 2-Dr Coupe||$172||$370||$382||$22||$114||$1,060||$88|
|Focus SES 2-Dr Coupe||$260||$662||$448||$26||$134||$1,530||$128|
|Get Your Own Custom Quote Go|
Data variables include single male driver age 50, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, $100 deductibles, and Colorado minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include multi-policy, safe-driver, homeowner, claim-free, and multi-vehicle. Rate quotes do not factor in vehicle garaging location which can affect coverage rates significantly.
Rate difference between full and liability-only coverage
The diagram below illustrates the difference between Ford Focus car insurance rates when comparing full coverage to liability only. The data is based on no claims or driving citations, $250 deductibles, married male driver, and no discounts are factored in.
When to buy liability coverage only
There is no exact formula of when to drop full coverage, but there is a broad guideline. If the yearly cost of comp and collision coverage is more than around 10% of the settlement you would receive from your company, then it could be time to drop full coverage.
For example, let's say your Ford Focus claim settlement value is $6,000 and you have $1,000 physical damage deductibles. If your vehicle is severely damaged, the most you would get paid by your company is $5,000 after you pay the deductible. If premium cost is more than $500 annually for physical damage coverage, then it could be time to drop full coverage.
There are some cases where dropping physical damage coverage is not in your best interest. If you still have a lienholder on your title, you must maintain physical damage coverage to protect the lienholder's interest. Also, if you don't have enough money to buy a different vehicle if your current one is in an accident, you should keep full coverage.
Neighborhood agents and car insurance
Some people still prefer to buy from a local agent and that is just fine! Professional agents can help determine the best coverages and help file insurance claims. One of the great benefits of comparing rate quotes online is the fact that you can find the lowest rates and still have a local agent.
Once you complete this simple form, your information is emailed to local insurance agents in Fort Collins that can give you free Fort Collins auto insurance quotes and help you find cheaper coverage. There is no need to search for an agent because quoted prices will be sent directly to your email. In the event you want to compare prices from a specific insurance company, just visit that company's website and fill out the quote form the provide.
Choosing the best insurer is decision based upon more than just the premium amount. Before buying a policy in Fort Collins, get answers to these questions.
- Where would your vehicle be repaired?
- Will the company cover a rental car if your car is getting fixed?
- Do they make recommendations based only on price?
- Can you use your own choice of collision repair facility?
- How much experience to they have in personal lines coverages?
- Do they see any coverage gaps in your plan?
- Did they already check your driving record and credit reports?
- If you raise deductibles, how much can you save?
Different types of car insurance agents in Fort Collins
When finding local Fort Collins agents, it's helpful to know the types of insurance agents that you can choose from. Agencies in Fort Collins are considered either independent agents or exclusive agents depending on their employer. Either can write policy coverage, but it's important to know how they differ since it can affect which agent you choose.
Agents in the exclusive channel can only provide pricing for a single company and some examples include Farmers Insurance or State Farm. They generally cannot place coverage with different providers so they have no alternatives for high prices. These agents are usually quite knowledgeable on their company's products which helps them compete with independent agents. Some people will only buy insurance from these agents primarily because of the brand name rather than having low rates.
The following are Fort Collins exclusive agents who may provide you with rate quotes.
- Shelter Insurance - Bruce Johnson
4020 S College Ave #10 - Fort Collins, CO 80525 - (970) 226-5034 - View Map
- Napoleon Gibson - State Farm Insurance Agent
103, 4212 S College Ave - Fort Collins, CO 80525 - (970) 226-1200 - View Map
- AAA Colorado - Ft. Collins Store
3636 S College Ave - Fort Collins, CO 80525 - (970) 223-1111 - View Map
Independent Agents (or Brokers)
Agents that elect to be independent are not employed by one company and that allows them to write policies with a variety of different insurance companies and find the cheapest rate. To move your coverage to a new company, your agent can just switch to a different company and the insured can keep the same agent.
When comparing car insurance prices, it's recommended you compare prices from at least one independent agent to get the best comparison. Most also write with smaller companies who may have lower rates.
The following are independent insurance agents in Fort Collins that can give you price quote information.
- ABC Insurance Agency
121 E Swallow Rd - Fort Collins, CO 80525 - (970) 484-3200 - View Map
- Nationwide Insurance: Mountain Plains Agency LLC
4532 Mcmurry Ave Ste 101 - Fort Collins, CO 80525 - (970) 206-0800 - View Map
- John C. Beckett and Associates
220 Smith St - Fort Collins, CO 80524 - (970) 484-2805 - View Map
If you feel you receive positive responses for all questions you ask and locked in a price quote, you've probably found a car insurance agent that can adequately provide car insurance.
Affordable car insurance rates are out there
We've covered many ideas to shop for Ford Focus insurance online. The key thing to remember is the more you quote Fort Collins auto insurance, the better chance you'll have of finding cheaper Fort Collins auto insurance quotes. You may even discover the biggest savings come from a small mutual company.
Affordable Ford Focus insurance in Fort Collins is attainable on the web and also from your neighborhood Fort Collins agents, so you should be comparing quotes from both to have the best chance of lowering rates. Some companies may not provide online price quotes and many times these small, regional companies prefer to sell through independent insurance agents.
Drivers leave their current company for a variety of reasons including delays in responding to claim requests, high rates after DUI convictions, policy cancellation or unfair underwriting practices. Whatever your reason, switching car insurance companies is pretty easy and you might even save some money in the process.
To learn more, feel free to browse the articles below:
- Dangers of fake or stolen airbags (Insurance Institute for Highway Safety)
- What Auto Insurance is Cheapest in Grand Junction, Colorado? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Auto Insurance for Lyft Drivers in Colorado? (FAQ)
- How Much is Colorado Auto Insurance for High School Students? (FAQ)
- Front crash protection reduces rear-end crashes (Insurance Institute for Highway Safety)
- Safety Features for Your New Car (State Farm)
- Auto Insurance for Teen Drivers (Insurance Information Institute)