Would you like to save money by finding lower-priced Ford Edge insurance in Aurora? Searching for affordable Aurora Ford Edge insurance quotes may seem to be rather challenging for people new to quoting and buying insurance online. With so many agents and insurers to choose from, how are people able to possibly compare every company in order to find the cheapest available price?
Amazingly, the vast majority of consumers kept their coverage with the same car insurance company for more than four years, and approximately 40% of consumers have never compared car insurance rates at all. Colorado drivers could save themselves up to 35% a year by just comparing quotes, but they don't believe the amount of money they would save if they swap their current policy for a cheaper one.
You should make it a habit to do price comparisons once or twice a year because car insurance prices are usually higher with each renewal. If you had the best quotes on Ford Edge insurance in Aurora two years ago there is a good chance you can find better rates now. There is a lot of bad information regarding Edge insurance out there, but we're going to give you some great ideas on how to reduce your car insurance bill.
Seven Tips to Get Lower-cost Aurora Insurance Costs
Multiple criteria are taken into consideration when you quote your car insurance policy. Most are fairly basic like a motor vehicle report, but some are not as apparent such as your marital status or your financial responsibility. The best way to find cheaper auto insurance is to take a look at some of the elements that play a part in calculating the price you pay for auto insurance. If you know what controls the rates you pay, this empowers consumers to make smart changes that can help you get big savings.
Choose high NHTSA crash test ratings and save - Vehicles that have high safety ratings tend to have lower insurance rates. Highly rated vehicles help reduce the chance of injuries in an accident and lower injury rates means less claims paid which can mean better rates for you. If your Ford Edge has at least four stars on Safercar.gov or an "acceptable" rating on iihs.org you may pay a lower rate.
Liability insurance risk factors in - Your auto insurance policy's liability coverage will afford coverage when a jury decides you are liable for damages caused by your negligence. Liability provides for a legal defense which can cost thousands of dollars. Liability insurance is quite affordable compared to insuring for physical damage coverage, so buy as much as you can afford.
Rates can drop if you have more than one policy - Many auto insurance companies give discounts to clients who consolidate policies with them, otherwise known as a multi-policy discount. Discounts can be ten or even fifteen percent. If you currently are using one company, it's still a good idea to compare other Aurora Edge insurance rates to make sure you are getting the best deal. You may still be able to save more without the discount by splitting coverages up.
File a policy claims and pay more - If you file claims often, don't be surprised to see either higher rates or even cancellation. Companies in Colorado give the lowest premiums to drivers who do not file claims often. Insurance coverage is designed for major claims that would cause financial hardship.
Save money with higher comp and collision deductibles - The deductibles you choose are how much you are willing to pay in the event of a claim. Coverage for physical damage, also called 'full coverage', insures against damage to your car. Some examples of claims that would be covered are colliding with a stationary object, hail damage, or theft of your vehicle. The more you're willing to pay, the lower your rates will be.
Never let your coverage expire - Driving without insurance coverage in place is a big no-no and you will pay a penalty because you let your coverage have a gap. In addition to paying higher rates, not being able to provide proof of insurance could earn you a steep fine or even jail time.
Is your vehicle theft-ready? - Buying a car with anti-theft technology or alarm system can earn a premium discount. Theft prevention features like LoJack tracking devices, vehicle tamper alarm systems or GM's OnStar system all aid in stopping car theft and help bring rates down.
Insurance loss statistics a Ford Edge - Companies include the past claim trends for vehicles when setting rates for each model. Models that have higher frequency or amount of claims will cost more for specific coverages.
The table below shows the historical insurance loss data for Ford Edge vehicles. For each coverage type, the claim probability for all vehicles averaged together is represented as 100. Values under 100 represent a good loss history, while percentage numbers above 100 indicate higher probability of having a loss or statistically larger losses.
Insurance Loss Ratings for Ford Edge Vehicles
|Specific Ford Model||Collision||Property Damage||Comp||Personal Injury||Medical Payment||Bodily Injury|
|Ford Edge 4dr 2WD||53||93|
|Ford Edge 4dr 4WD||71||108||75|
Empty fields indicate not enough data collected
Data Source: Insurance Institute for Highway Safety for 2013-2015 Model Years
Just keep in mind that comparing a large number of companies will increase your chances of finding the best rates.
The providers in the list below have been selected to offer quotes in Colorado. If more than one company is shown, we recommend you compare several of them to find the cheapest car insurance rates.
|Model||Comp||Collision||Liability||Medical||UM/UIM||Annual Premium||Monthly Premium|
|Edge SE 2WD||$166||$298||$396||$24||$118||$1,002||$84|
|Edge SE AWD||$132||$264||$362||$22||$108||$888||$74|
|Edge SEL 2WD||$270||$458||$460||$28||$138||$1,354||$113|
|Edge Limited 2WD||$166||$380||$396||$24||$118||$1,084||$90|
|Edge SEL AWD||$226||$562||$396||$24||$118||$1,326||$111|
|Edge Limited AWD||$162||$332||$358||$22||$108||$982||$82|
|Edge Sport 2WD||$162||$332||$358||$22||$108||$982||$82|
|Edge Sport AWD||$276||$592||$362||$22||$108||$1,360||$113|
|Get Your Own Custom Quote Go|
Data assumes married male driver age 40, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, $100 deductibles, and Colorado minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include safe-driver, multi-policy, multi-vehicle, homeowner, and claim-free. Table data does not factor in the specific area where the vehicle is garaged which can affect coverage rates greatly.
Full coverage versus liability-only
The chart below shows the difference between Ford Edge car insurance costs when comparing full coverage to liability only. The premiums are based on no accidents, no driving violations, $1,000 deductibles, married male driver, and no discounts are taken into consideration.
When to stop buying physical damage coverage
There is no specific rule to exclude physical damage coverage on your policy, but there is a guideline you can use. If the annual cost of having full coverage is about 10% or more of replacement cost minus your deductible, then you may want to consider only buying liability coverage.
For example, let's pretend your Ford Edge settlement value is $3,000 and you have $1,000 physical damage deductibles. If your vehicle is destroyed, the most you would get paid by your company is $2,000 after the policy deductible has been paid. If premium cost is more than $200 annually to have full coverage, then you might want to think about dropping full coverage.
There are some conditions where removing full coverage is not in your best interest. If you still have a loan on your vehicle, you have to carry full coverage in order to satisfy the requirements of the loan. Also, if your emergency fund is not enough to purchase a different vehicle if your current one is totaled, you should keep full coverage in place.
But they said I'd save $435 a year!
Companies like State Farm, Allstate and GEICO regularly use ads on television and other media. All the ads advertise the message that drivers can save some big amount if you switch to them. How can each company save you money on Ford Edge insurance in Aurora? Just pay attention to how they say it.
All the different companies have specific characteristics for the type of driver that will not have excessive claims. One example of a profitable insured might be described as between 30 and 50, has other policies, and insures a new vehicle. Anyone that meets those criteria will probably get cheap car insurance rates and most likely will save when they switch companies.
People who do not meet the ideal profile will probably be forced to pay higher premiums which usually ends up with business not being written. The ads say "people who switch" but not "all drivers who get quotes" save that much money. This is how companies can make it sound like they have such great car insurance rates.
Each company has different criteria, so you absolutely need to compare rate quotes every year. It's not possible to predict which insurance company will have the best rates for your profile.
Insurance does more than just repair your car
Even though it can be expensive, paying for insurance serves several important purposes.
- The majority of states have minimum liability requirements which means you are required to buy specific limits of liability in order to get the vehicle licensed. In Colorado these limits are 25/50/15 which means you must have $25,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $50,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $15,000 of property damage coverage.
- If you bought your vehicle with a loan, most banks will require that you carry insurance to ensure loan repayment if the vehicle is totalled. If coverage lapses or is cancelled, the bank may insure your Ford for a lot more money and force you to pay for it.
- Insurance protects both your assets and your Ford Edge. Insurance will also pay for all forms of medical expenses for you, your passengers, and anyone else injured in an accident. Liability coverage, the one required by state law, also covers legal expenses if someone files suit against you as the result of an accident. If mother nature or an accident damages your car, comprehensive and collision coverage will pay to repair the damage minus the deductible amount.
The benefits of having insurance are without a doubt worth the cost, especially if you ever need it. In a recent study of 1,000 drivers, the average customer is overpaying more than $800 each year so compare quotes from several companies once a year at a minimum to be sure current rates are still competitive.
Get lower-cost rates on Ford Edge insurance in Aurora with these discounts
Auto insurance companies don't always publicize every policy discount in an easy-to-find place, so the following is a list of both the well known in addition to some of the lesser obvious discounts that may be available. If they aren't giving you every credit available, you are throwing money away.
- Employee of Federal Government - Having worked for a branch of the government could qualify for a slight premium decrease but check with your company.
- Discount for Low Mileage - Driving less could qualify for slightly better prices than normal.
- Theft Prevention Discount - Cars and trucks optioned with advanced anti-theft systems prevent vehicle theft and will qualify for a discount on a Aurora auto insurance quote.
- Accident-Free Discounts - Aurora drivers who stay claim-free are rewarded with significantly better rates on Aurora auto insurance quote as compared to drivers with a long claim history.
- Multi-car Discount - Drivers who insure several vehicles on the same car insurance policy can get a discount on all vehicles.
- Lower Rates for Military - Being on active duty in the military could trigger a small discount.
- Early Switch Discount - Some larger companies reward drivers for switching policies prior to the expiration date on your current Edge insurance policy. It can save you around 10%.
- Discounts for New Vehicles - Insuring a new Edge may earn a small discount because new vehicles have to meet stringent safety requirements.
- Safety Course Discount - Completing a class that teaches driver safety techniques could earn you a small percentage discount and easily recoup the cost of the course.
A little note about advertised discounts, most credits do not apply to the entire policy premium. Most only apply to the price of certain insurance coverages like comp or med pay. Even though the math looks like you could get a free car insurance policy, that's just not realistic.
If you would like to view companies that offer multiple discounts in Colorado, click here to view.
When do I need to have guidance from an insurance agency?
A lot of people still prefer to sit down and talk to an agent and doing that can be a smart decision A good thing about getting free rate quotes online is that you can find better rates but also keep your business local. Supporting local agencies is especially important in Aurora.
After filling out this quick form, your coverage information is emailed to local insurance agents in Aurora that can provide free Aurora auto insurance quotes for your insurance coverage. You won't even need to even leave your home because quoted prices will be sent straight to your inbox. You can find the lowest rates without a big time investment. If you have a need to get a price quote from a specific company, you can always search and find their rate quote page to submit a rate quote request.
Listed below is a list of insurers in Aurora that are able to give price quote information for Ford Edge insurance in Aurora.
- Allstate Insurance: Jack Sughrue
2226 S Fraser St Unit 4 - Aurora, CO 80014 - (303) 751-4701 - View Map
- Greg Gallegos-State Farm Insurance Agent
4550 S Reservoir Rd, D - Aurora, CO 80015 - (720) 242-6011 - View Map
- Dickson Insurance Agency
4093 S Olathe Ct - Aurora, CO 80013 - (303) 693-1936 - View Map
- Farmers Insurance - Archie Verhoeff
13743 E Mississippi Ave #100 - Aurora, CO 80012 - (303) 363-1757 - View Map
Finding a good insurer needs to be determined by more than just a low price. These are valid questions to ask:
- How are claims handled?
- What insurance company do they write the most business with?
- Do they have any clout with companies to ensure a fair claim settlement?
- Is the agency covered by Errors and Omissions coverage?
- How are they compensated?
- Do clients work directly with the agent or are most inquiries handled by a CSR?
- Do they have designations such as AIC, CPCU, or CIC?
How much auto insurance do I need?
When quoting and comparing a policy for your vehicles, there really is no best way to insure your cars. Your needs are unique to you and your auto insurance should be unique as well. These are some specific questions could help you determine whether your personal situation might need professional guidance.
- What is high-risk coverage and where do I buy it?
- Are my custom wheels covered?
- Is a blown tire covered by insurance?
- At what point should I drop full coverage?
- Is my son or daughter covered when driving my car?
- Is upholstery damage covered by car insurance?
- What is an adequate liability insurance limit?
- Why am I required to get a high-risk car insurance policy?
If it's difficult to answer those questions but you know they apply to you, you might consider talking to an agent. If you don't have a local agent, complete this form or click here for a list of auto insurance companies in your area.
Find affordable rates by being thorough
Low-cost Ford Edge insurance in Aurora can be found on the web and from local insurance agents, and you need to price shop both in order to have the best chance of saving money. A few companies do not offer online rate quotes and many times these small insurance companies sell through independent agents.
You just learned a lot of techniques to lower your Ford Edge insurance car insurance rates in Aurora. The key concept to understand is the more you quote Aurora auto insurance, the better likelihood of getting cheaper Aurora auto insurance quotes. You may even discover the best price on auto insurance is with some of the lesser-known companies. Smaller companies can often insure niche markets at a lower cost compared to the large companies like State Farm, GEICO and Nationwide.
Additional detailed information can be read by following these links:
- Prepare your Teens for Safe Driving (InsureUonline.org)
- Who Has Cheap Colorado Car Insurance for Drivers Requiring a SR22? (FAQ)
- What is the Best Cheap Auto Insurance in Highlands Ranch, Colorado? (FAQ)
- Think You're a Safe Driver? (State Farm)
- Safety Belts FAQ (iihs.org)
- Protecting Teens from Drunk Driving (Insurance Information Institute)