Want more competitive Dodge Durango insurance in Aurora? Paying for high-priced Dodge Durango insurance in Aurora can empty your budget and force you to make sacrifices. Comparison shopping can save money and help to make ends meet.
It's hard to fathom, but the majority of drivers have been with the same company for over three years, and nearly 40% of drivers have never compared quotes from other companies. Aurora insurance shoppers can cut their rates by up to $605 a year, but they just don't understand the amount of money they would save if they bought a different policy. Because you have many insurance companies to choose from that have affordable insurance for a Dodge Durango in Aurora, it can be impossible to find the right auto insurance company.
Buying the cheapest car insurance in Aurora is actually quite easy if you know where to start. If you have car insurance now, you stand a good chance to be able to reduce the price you pay using these tips. You just have to use the quickest method to compare price quotes online from multiple companies.
Buy Aurora Dodge Durango insurance online
Most of the larger companies like GEICO, State Farm and Progressive allow you to get coverage prices directly from their websites. This process is quite simple as you just enter your required coverages into the quote form. After you submit the form the quote system orders reports for credit and driving violations and generates a price based on the data you entered. The ability to get online rate quotes for Dodge Durango insurance in Aurora makes comparing rates easy, and it's also necessary to get many rate quotes in order to find cheap prices.
To compare pricing, check out the insurance providers below. If you have a policy now, it's recommended you complete the form with the coverages identical to your current policy. Doing this assures you will have rate quotes using the same coverage and limits.
The auto insurance companies shown below are ready to provide free quotes in Aurora, CO. If the list has multiple companies, we recommend you visit as many as you can to get the lowest price.
These discounts can reduce Dodge Durango insurance rates
The cost of insuring your cars can be expensive, but discounts can save money and there are some available that can drop the cost substantially. A few discounts will automatically apply at the time of purchase, but a few need to be asked about before being credited.
- Use Seat Belts - Forcing all vehicle occupants to use their safety belts can save a little on the medical payments or PIP coverage costs.
- Air Bag Discount - Options like air bags and/or automatic seat belt systems may qualify for discounts of 20% or more.
- 55 and Retired - Seniors may receive reduced rates.
- Sign Online - Certain larger companies will give you a small discount simply for signing digitally online.
- Employee of Federal Government - Having worked for a branch of the government may qualify for a discount when you quote Aurora auto insurance with select insurance companies.
- Distant College Student Discount - Any of your kids who are attending college and do not have a car could qualify for this discount.
It's important to understand that most of the big mark downs will not be given the the whole policy. The majority will only reduce specific coverage prices like collision or personal injury protection. So even though you would think it's possible to get free car insurance, nobody gets a free ride. Any amount of discount will definitely reduce your policy premiums.
Car insurance companies that possibly offer these discounts include:
If you need inexpensive Aurora auto insurance quotes, ask all the companies how you can save money. Some discounts listed above may not apply to policies in your area. To find insurance companies offering auto insurance discounts in Aurora, click here.
The Dodge Durango Insurance Premium Equation
Part of the auto insurance buying process is learning some of the factors that come into play when calculating your auto insurance rates. When you know what positively or negatively determines premiums, this enables you to make decisions that may reward you with lower rates.
- Do you know your comp and collision deductibles? - Insurance for physical damage to your car, also known as collision and other-than-collision, is used to repair damage to your Dodge. A few examples of covered claims would be a dented fender, hitting a deer, and having your car stolen. Your deductibles are how much you are required to spend out-of-pocket before your auto insurance pays a claim. The more money the insured has to pay upfront, the better rate you will receive.
- With age comes responsibility - Older drivers are more cautious drivers, tend to file fewer claims, and are generally more financially stable.Youthful drivers have been known to be easily distracted behind the wheel therefore auto insurance rates are much higher.
- Don't get traffic citations - Just one chargable violation may increase your cost by as much as twenty percent. Careful drivers pay less for auto insurance as compared to careless drivers. Drivers unfortunate enough to have multiple tickets like hit and run, DWI or reckless driving convictions may need to file a SR-22 with their state DMV in order to legally drive a vehicle.
- Policy add-ons may be wasting money - There are quite a few additional coverages that may not really be needed if you don't pay attention. Add-on coverages like rental car coverage, accidental death, and extra life insurance coverage could be just wasting money. They may seem good when buying your policy, but if you've never needed them in the past eliminate them to save money.
- Dodge Durango claim statistics - Companies study historical loss data as a way to help calculate a profitable premium price. Vehicles that the data shows to have higher frequency or amount of claims will have higher rates for specific coverages. The next table shows the compiled insurance loss statistics for Dodge Durango vehicles.
For each coverage type, the statistical loss for all vehicles, regardless of manufacturer or model, is set at 100. Numbers that are below 100 mean the vehicle has better than average losses, while numbers above 100 show a trend for more claims or statistically larger claims.
Dodge Durango Insurance Loss Statistics
Vehicle Model Collision Property Damage Comp Personal Injury Medical Payment Bodily Injury Dodge Durango 4dr 2WD 88 110 91 104 90 100 Dodge Durango 4dr 4WD 90 115 97 92 93 102
Statistics from IIHS.org for 2013-2015 Model Years
Shop online but buy locally
A small number of people would prefer to talk to an insurance agent and that can be a smart move Agents are very good at helping people manage risk and help submit paperwork. A good thing about comparing insurance prices online is you can get better rates and still buy from a local agent.
To make it easy to find an agent, after completing this quick form, the coverage information gets sent to participating agents in Aurora who will give you quotes for your coverage. You don't have to find an agent as quotes are delivered straight to your inbox. If for some reason you want to quote rates from a particular provider, don't hesitate to visit that company's website and fill out the quote form the provide.
Choosing the best insurance company shouldn't rely on just a low price. The answers to these questions are important, too.
- How much training do they have in personal risk management?
- Does the company allow you to choose your own collision repair facility?
- Can they give you a list of client referrals?
- How long has their agency been open in Aurora?
- Do they offer claims assistance after hours?
- Does the agency have a positive business rating?
Pick the best auto insurance agent in Aurora for you
When looking for a local Aurora insurance agent, it helps to know the two different types of agencies that differ in how they can insure your vehicles. Auto insurance policy providers are considered either exclusive or independent (non-exclusive). Both sell auto insurance policies, but it's worth mentioning why they differ because it may have an impact on your agent selection.
Exclusive Auto Insurance Agents
These type of agents normally can only provide a single company's rates such as State Farm, AAA, Farmers Insurance or Allstate. These agents are unable to place coverage with different providers so they are skilled at selling on more than just price. Exclusive agents are very knowledgeable on sales techniques which can be an advantage.
Listed below is a short list of exclusive insurance agents in Aurora who can help you get rate quotes.
Stan Kellogg - State Farm Insurance Agent
15434 E Orchard Rd - Aurora, CO 80016 - (303) 699-2288 - View Map
Independent Agents (or Brokers)
Independent insurance agents are not restricted to one company so they can quote policies through lots of different companies and find you the best rates. If they quote lower rates, they simply switch companies in-house and you don't have to switch agencies.
When comparing auto insurance prices, you need to check rates from at least one independent agent to get the most accurate price comparison.
The following are independent agents in Aurora willing to provide rate quotes.
There's no such thing as the perfect car insurance policy
When selecting your policy, there really is no single plan that fits everyone. Every situation is different and your car insurance should be unique as well. Here are some questions about coverages that can help discover if your situation will benefit from professional help.
- I have a DUI can I still get coverage?
- Do I need added coverage for expensive stereo equipment?
- Is my trailer covered?
- Is my camper covered by my car insurance policy?
- Do I have coverage if I rent a car in Mexico?
- Do I need to file an SR-22 for a DUI in Colorado?
- Am I covered when using my vehicle for business?
- Can I rent a car in Mexico?
If you're not sure about those questions but one or more may apply to you, you might consider talking to a licensed insurance agent. To find lower rates from a local agent, simply complete this short form or you can go here for a list of companies in your area. It's fast, doesn't cost anything and may give you better protection.
Cover all your bases
When getting Aurora auto insurance quotes online, never reduce needed coverages to save money. There are too many instances where an insured dropped collision coverage and discovered at claim time they didn't purchase enough coverage. Your goal is to purchase plenty of coverage at the best cost, but do not skimp to save money.
In this article, we covered quite a bit of information on how to lower your Dodge Durango insurance premium rates in Aurora. The most important thing to understand is the more quotes you get, the better your comparison will be. You may even find the lowest premium rates are with a lesser-known regional company. Regional companies may only write in your state and offer lower prices compared to the large companies like Progressive or GEICO.
More information can be found at the links below
- Five Steps to Filing an Auto Insurance Claim (Insurance Information Institute)
- Who Has the Cheapest Colorado Car Insurance for a Chevrolet Cruze? (FAQ)
- Who Has the Cheapest Car Insurance for Ride Shares in Colorado? (FAQ)
- Understanding Rental Car Insurance (Insurance Information Institute)
- Top Signs Your Brakes are Giving Out (State Farm)