Would you like to stop wasting money and find low-cost insurance rates in Fort Collins, CO? Fort Collins shoppers have options when shopping for the best price on Dodge Charger insurance. They can either waste time struggling with agents getting price quotes or leverage the internet to find the lowest rates.
There are both good and bad ways to compare insurance rates and we'll show you the best way to compare rates for your Dodge and get the best price possible either online or from Fort Collins insurance agents.
It's a good habit to do rate comparisons before your policy renews because insurance rates tend to go up over time. Even if you got the best premium rates on Dodge Charger insurance in Fort Collins six months ago you may be paying too much now. Forget all the misinformation about insurance because you're about to find out the best way to find better coverage on Dodge Charger insurance in Fort Collins at a better price.
The companies shown below provide quotes in Colorado. If more than one company is shown, it's a good idea that you get rates from several of them to get a more complete price comparison.
|Model||Comp||Collision||Liability||Medical||UM/UIM||Annual Premium||Monthly Premium|
|Charger 3.5 AWD||$162||$282||$412||$24||$124||$1,004||$84|
|Charger SXT AWD||$238||$426||$496||$30||$148||$1,338||$112|
|Charger Rallye AWD||$292||$614||$412||$24||$124||$1,466||$122|
|Charger R/T AWD||$182||$332||$422||$24||$126||$1,086||$91|
|Get Your Own Custom Quote Go|
Data based on married male driver age 50, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, $250 deductibles, and Colorado minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include multi-policy, homeowner, safe-driver, multi-vehicle, and claim-free. Information does not factor in vehicle garaging location which can raise or lower premium rates greatly.
Dodge Charger full coverage rates compared to liability only
The illustration below shows the difference between Dodge Charger auto insurance costs with full coverage compared to only the Colorado minimum liability coverage. The premiums are based on no driving violations, no at-fault accidents, $500 deductibles, married female driver, and no discounts are factored in.
Are you wasting money on full coverage?
There is no definitive guideline to stop buying full coverage, but there is a general convention. If the yearly cost of full coverage is about 10% or more of the vehicle's replacement cost less your deductible, then you may want to consider only buying liability coverage.
For example, let's assume your Dodge Charger book value is $4,000 and you have $1,000 physical damage deductibles. If your vehicle is damaged in an accident, the most you would get paid by your company is $3,000 after the policy deductible has been paid. If you are paying over $300 a year to have full coverage, then it might be time to consider dropping full coverage.
There are a few cases where buying only liability insurance is not financially feasible. If you have an outstanding loan on your vehicle, you must maintain physical damage coverage as part of the loan requirements. Also, if you cannot afford to purchase a different vehicle if your current one is totaled, you should keep full coverage.
Cheap Fort Collins car insurance quotes with discounts
Some providers don't always publicize the complete list of policy discounts in a way that's easy to find, so the list below contains both well-publicized and also the more inconspicuous credits that may apply to you.
- Theft Deterrent Discount - Anti-theft and alarm system equipped vehicles can help prevent theft and can earn a small discount on your policy.
- Discounts for Good Drivers - Insureds who avoid accidents may save up to 50% more than drivers with accidents.
- Resident Student - Older children living away from Fort Collins attending college and do not take a car to college can be insured at a reduced rate.
- Buy New and Save - Adding a new car to your policy is cheaper compared to insuring an older model.
- Membership in Organizations - Having an affiliation with a qualifying organization is a good way to get lower rates when shopping for car insurance.
- Driver Training Discounts - Taking time to complete a defensive driver course could cut 5% off your bill if your company offers it.
- Data Collection Discounts - Drivers that enable driving data collection to monitor driving habits by installing a telematics device such as Allstate's Drivewise and State Farm's In-Drive system might get better premium rates if they are good drivers.
- Early Renewal Discounts - Some companies give discounts for signing up early. You can save around 10% with this discount.
- Senior Citizens - If you qualify as a senior citizen, you may qualify for a small decrease in premiums.
- Own a Home - Owning a house in Fort Collins can get you a discount because owning a home is proof of financial responsibility.
As is typical with insurance, some of the credits will not apply to the entire policy premium. Some only reduce specific coverage prices like comprehensive or collision. So when the math indicates you can get free auto insurance, you're out of luck.
To choose providers who offer discounts in Fort Collins, click here to view.
Protect more than your Dodge Charger
Despite the high cost of buying insurance for a Dodge Charger in Fort Collins, insurance is required by state law in Colorado and it also provides benefits you may not be aware of.
First, almost all states have compulsory liability insurance requirements which means you are required to carry specific minimum amounts of liability in order to be legal. In Colorado these limits are 25/50/15 which means you must have $25,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $50,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $15,000 of property damage coverage.
Second, if you took out a loan on your car, it's most likely the lender will have a requirement that you have full coverage to protect their interest in the vehicle. If you do not pay your insurance premiums, the bank or lender will purchase a policy for your Dodge at a significantly higher premium and force you to reimburse them for it.
Third, insurance preserves not only your Dodge but also your assets. Insurance will pay for all forms of medical expenses for yourself as well as anyone injured by you. One policy coverage, liability insurance, will also pay for a defense attorney if you cause an accident and are sued. If your car is damaged in a storm or accident, comprehensive (other-than-collision) and collision coverage will pay to have it repaired.
The benefits of buying enough insurance definitely exceed the price paid, particularly for liability claims. Despite what companies tell you, the average driver overpays as much as $750 every year so it's very important to do a rate comparison at every renewal to save money.
Auto insurance agents can help
A lot of people still prefer to get professional advice from a licensed agent and we recommend doing that Agents can point out coverage gaps and help in the event of a claim. The biggest benefit of getting free rate quotes online is that you can find cheap rate quotes but still work with a licensed agent. And buying from local agencies is still important in Fort Collins.
After completing this short form, your insurance coverage information is immediately sent to companies in Fort Collins who will give you quotes for your coverage. There is no reason to visit any agencies because quoted prices will be sent to you directly. If you have a need to quote rates for a specific company, you can always navigate to their website and submit a quote form there.
Listed below are agents in Fort Collins that may be willing to give rate quotes for Dodge Charger insurance in Fort Collins.
- Trozan Insurance Agency, Inc
421 Stover St - Fort Collins, CO 80524 - (970) 224-5500 - View Map
- Insurance Specialties Ltd
148 W Oak St - Fort Collins, CO 80524 - (970) 490-1530 - View Map
- Colorado - B W Insurance Agency Inc
1075 W Horsetooth Rd # 106 - Fort Collins, CO 80526 - (970) 223-0924 - View Map
- Farmers Insurance - Jonathan Susa
1200 S College Ave #302 - Fort Collins, CO 80524 - (970) 449-4271 - View Map
Finding the right insurer should include more criteria than just a cheap price. Any agent in Fort Collins should have no problem answering these questions:
- Is assistance available after office hours?
- What insurance companies do they recommend if they are an independent agent?
- Who is covered by the car insurance policy?
- What is their Better Business Bureau rating?
- Do the agents have professional certifications like CPCU or CIC?
- Do they have any clout with companies to ensure a fair claim settlement?
- Does the company have a solid financial rating?
- Will the company cover a rental car if your car is getting fixed?