Are you kicking yourself for buying overpriced Chrysler 200 insurance in Fort Collins? It's a common feeling and many Fort Collins consumers feel financially strained by their auto insurance policy.
Sad but true, most auto insurance buyers in Colorado kept their policy with the same company for at least the last four years, and just under half have never even shopped around for affordable coverage. Consumers in America could save an average of nearly $860 each year just by comparing rates, but they don't understand how simple it is to compare rates and save money.
Multiple auto insurance companies compete for your insurance dollar, so it can be very hard to choose a company to find the best price available on Chrysler 200 insurance in Fort Collins.
Smart consumers take time to get comparison quotes yearly due to the fact that insurance rates are rarely the same from one policy term to another. Even if you think you had the best premium rates on Chrysler 200 insurance in Fort Collins a couple years back there may be better deals available now. Ignore everything you know about auto insurance because you're going to learn the things you must know in order to lower your annual insurance bill.
If you have coverage now, you should be able to lower your rates using the tips covered below. Buying affordable insurance in Fort Collins is quite easy. But Colorado drivers can benefit by having an understanding of the methods companies use to market on the web and use it to your advantage.
There are several ways to compare rate quotes from auto insurance companies in your area. The best way to find competitive Chrysler 200 insurance rates is to use the internet to compare rates.
Doing online price quotes comparisons is so easy that it makes it a waste of time to call or drive to local insurance agencies. Buying insurance online reduces the need to sit down with an agent unless you're the type of person who wants the peace of mind that you can only get from talking to an agent. It is possible with some companies find lower rates online but have a local agent actually write the policy.
When comparison shopping, more quotes provides better odds of finding more affordable rates.
The companies in the list below can provide price comparisons in Fort Collins, CO. If multiple companies are listed, we recommend you get prices from several of them to get the most competitive price.
Auto insurance is an important decision
Despite the high cost, insurance is a good idea for several reasons.
- Most states have minimum mandated liability insurance limits which means you are required to carry a specific minimum amount of liability insurance in order to be legal. In Colorado these limits are 25/50/15 which means you must have $25,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $50,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $15,000 of property damage coverage.
- If you bought your Chrysler 200 with a loan, most lenders will have a requirement that you have full coverage to guarantee loan repayment. If you do not pay your insurance premiums, the bank may buy a policy for your Chrysler for a lot more money and require you to fork over the higher premium.
- Insurance protects both your car and your personal assets. Insurance will pay for hospital and medical expenses for you, any passengers, and anyone injured in an accident. As part of your policy, liability insurance also covers legal expenses if you are sued as the result of an accident. If your Chrysler gets damaged, your auto insurance policy will pay to repair the damage minus the deductible amount.
The benefits of carrying adequate insurance definitely exceed the cost, especially if you ever need it. The average driver in Colorado is currently overpaying as much as $850 per year so you should quote and compare rates at every policy renewal to be sure current rates are still competitive.
How Car Insurance Companies Calculate Chrysler 200 Insurance Premiums
Part of the auto insurance buying process is learning a few of the rating criteria that are used to determine your premiums. If you know what determines premiums, this allows you to make good choices that could help you find much lower annual insurance costs.
The following are a few of the things used by companies to determine your rate level.
- Insurance rates for married couples - Getting married may save some money when shopping for auto insurance. It usually means you are more mature and it's proven that married couples file fewer claims.
- Job impacts rates - Did you know your career choice can influence rates? Occupations such as doctors, architects and emergency personnel tend to pay the highest average rates due to job stress and lots of time spent away from family. Other careers such as actors, engineers and the unemployed have lower than average premiums.
- Do you save by driving less? - Driving more miles annually the higher the price you pay to insure it. A lot of companies price each vehicle's coverage based upon how you use the vehicle. Autos that sit idle most of the time can get a lower rate than those that get driven frequently. It's always a good idea to double check that your auto insurance policy is showing annual mileage. A policy that improperly rates your 200 may be costing you.
- Car and home together may be cheaper - Most insurers allow a discount to insureds that have more than one policy. It's known as a multi-policy discount. Discounts can add up to ten or even fifteen percent. Even with this discount, it's still a good idea to compare Chrysler 200 rates in Fort Collins to confirm you are receiving the best rates possible.
- High comp and collision deductibles save money - Deductibles for physical damage are the amount of money you are willing to pay in the event of a claim. Protection for physical damage, termed comprehensive and collision coverage on your policy, covers damage that occurs to your car. Some examples of covered claims are collision with another vehicle, collision with a deer, and having a roll-over accident. The higher the amount the insured has to pay upfront, the lower your rates will be.
- Policy claims cost money - If you tend to file frequent claims, you can pretty much guarantee either a policy non-renewal or much higher rates. Insurance companies in Colorado provide cheaper rates to insureds who are not frequent claim filers. Insurance coverage is intended to be relied upon for major claims that would cause financial hardship.
- Loss probability for a Chrysler 200 - Insurance companies use historical loss data to determine a price that will be profitable for them. Models that the statistics show to have higher losses will have a higher premium rate. The table below shows the collected loss data for Chrysler 200 vehicles.
For each policy coverage type, the statistical loss for all vehicles compiled together is set at 100. Numbers that are below 100 suggest a positive loss record, while values over 100 indicate higher probability of having a loss or statistically larger losses.
Chrysler 200 Insurance Claim Statistics
Specific Chrysler Model Collision Property Damage Comp Personal Injury Medical Payment Bodily Injury Chrysler 200 2WD 117 113 116 174 189 152 Chrysler 200 4WD 117 112 108 127
Empty fields indicate not enough data collected
Statistics Source: Insurance Institute for Highway Safety for 2013-2015 Model Years
Lower rates by qualifying for discounts
Some companies don't necessarily list the complete list of policy discounts very clearly, so below is a list both the well known in addition to some of the lesser obvious discounts you could be receiving when you buy Fort Collins car insurance online.
- Senior Citizen Discount - Older drivers are able to get a slight reduction on a Fort Collins car insurance quote.
- Low Miles Discount - Driving fewer miles can earn substantially lower premium rates.
- Discount for Home Ownership - Being a homeowner may earn you a small savings because it shows financial diligence.
- Driver Safety - Passing a driver safety class may get you a small discount and easily recoup the cost of the course.
- Anti-lock Brakes - Cars and trucks that have anti-lock braking systems can reduce accidents and earn discounts up to 10%.
- Anti-theft System - Cars and trucks optioned with advanced anti-theft systems help deter theft and will save you 10% or more on 200 insurance in Fort Collins.
As a sidenote, most credits do not apply to the entire policy premium. Most only apply to individual premiums such as liability and collision coverage. Even though it appears having all the discounts means you get insurance for free, you're out of luck.
A few popular companies and some of the premium reductions they offer are:
- Progressive offers discounts including online signing, multi-policy, continuous coverage, good student, and homeowner.
- AAA has savings for anti-theft, multi-car, education and occupation, AAA membership discount, and pay-in-full.
- Farmers Insurance has discounts for good student, youthful driver, electronic funds transfer, distant student, and multi-car.
- GEICO includes discounts for daytime running lights, emergency military deployment, multi-policy, air bags, and federal employee.
- Esurance offers discounts for emergency road assistance, DriveSense, multi-car, good driver, and multi-policy.
- SAFECO may offer discounts for multi-car, teen safe driver, anti-lock brakes, bundle discounts, drive less, and safe driver.
- State Farm discounts include Steer Clear safe driver discount, multiple autos, defensive driving training, Drive Safe & Save, and good driver.
Before buying, ask every insurance company to give you their best rates. Discounts might not be offered in every state. If you would like to view insurance companies with discount rates in Fort Collins, click here.
Independent versus exclusive auto insurance agents
A lot of people still prefer to go talk to an agent and doing that can be a smart decision One of the benefits of getting online price quotes is that you can find the lowest rates and still have an agent to talk to. Supporting local insurance agencies is definitely important in Fort Collins.
For easy comparison, once you complete this short form, your insurance data gets sent to insurance agents in Fort Collins that provide free Fort Collins car insurance quotes and help you find cheaper coverage. You won't need to leave your computer due to the fact that quote results will go straight to your inbox. You can find better rates without the usual hassles of price shopping. If you wish to get a comparison quote from a particular provider, just search and find their rate quote page and give them your coverage information.
Pick the best auto insurance agent in Fort Collins for you
When looking for a local Fort Collins insurance agency, there are two different types of agencies and how they operate. Insurance agencies in Fort Collins may be either exclusive or independent agents depending on their company appointments.
Independent Agents (or Brokers)
Agents in the independent channel can sell policies from many different companies so they can write business amongst many companies and find you cheaper rates. If your premiums go up, an independent agent can move your coverage which is easy for the insured. When comparing car insurance prices, we highly recommend that you check rates from at a minimum one independent agency to get the best comparison.
Featured below is a partial list of independent agents in Fort Collins who can help you get cheap rate quotes.
Exclusive Insurance Agencies
Agents that elect to be exclusive normally can only provide a single company's rates such as State Farm, AAA, Farmers Insurance or Allstate. Exclusive agents cannot place coverage with different providers so keep that in mind. Exclusive agencies receive extensive training on their company's products which helps overcome the inability to quote other rates.
Shown below is a list of exclusive insurance agencies in Fort Collins that are able to give price quotes.
Finding the right car insurance agent requires you to look at more than just a cheap quote. Agents should be asked these questions:
- Are they giving you every discount you deserve?
- Are they paid to recommend certain coverages?
- Are they involved in claim handling?
- Will the agent or a CSR service your policy?
- Is there any savings for paying the full premium?
- Do they have any clout with companies to ensure a fair claim settlement?
How much can you save?
Affordable Chrysler 200 insurance in Fort Collins is attainable from both online companies and from local insurance agents, and you should compare rates from both so you have a total pricing picture. Some insurance companies may not offer rate quotes online and most of the time these small, regional companies work with independent agents.
You just read many tips how you can find cheap Chrysler 200 insurance in Fort Collins. It's most important to understand that the more you quote Fort Collins car insurance, the better chance you'll have of finding the cheapest Chrysler 200 rate quotes. Drivers may even discover the lowest prices are with the least-expected company. Regional companies may have significantly lower rates on certain market segments than their larger competitors like State Farm or Progressive.
More information can be read at the links below
- Insurance Losses by Make and Model (iihs.org)
- What Auto Insurance is Cheapest in Grand Junction, Colorado? (FAQ)
- How Much are Colorado Auto Insurance Rates for Police Officers? (FAQ)
- What is the Cheapest Car Insurance in Loveland, CO? (FAQ)
- Understanding Limits and Deductibles (Allstate)
- How to Avoid Buying a Flooded Car (Insurance Information Institute)
- Reducing Your Risks in a Car Crash Video (iihs.org)