Having to pay for expensive insurance in Colorado Springs can consume your budget and possibly require you to analyze your spending habits. Comparison shopping is a fast and free way to tighten up your finances.
Amazingly, over 70% of Colorado drivers have remained with the same insurance company for at least four years, and roughly 40% of drivers have never compared quotes from other companies. U.S. drivers could save approximately $859 every year by just comparing quotes, but they just don't understand the big savings they would realize if they replace their high priced policy. Consumers have multiple insurance companies to pick from, and even though it's nice to have a selection, lots of choices makes it harder to adequately compare rates for Chevy Silverado insurance in Colorado Springs.
Finding the cheapest insurance coverage in Colorado Springs is actually quite simple. If you have a current insurance policy, you will surely be able to find the best rates using these techniques. You just have to know the fastest way to compare prices instantly.
Most major insurance companies like Allstate, GEICO and Progressive allow you to get prices online. Comparing prices online for Chevy Silverado insurance in Colorado Springs doesn't take much effort as you just type in the coverage amounts you desire into the form. Behind the scenes, the quote system automatically orders reports for credit and driving violations and returns pricing information based on the data you entered. Getting online quotes for Chevy Silverado insurance in Colorado Springs helps simplify price comparisons, and it's very important to get many rate quotes in order to get the lowest car insurance rates.
To use this form to compare rates, check out the car insurance providers below. If you have coverage now, it's recommended you enter the insurance coverages identical to your current policy. This makes sure you are getting a price comparison based on the exact same insurance coverage.
The car insurance companies shown below are ready to provide price quotes in Colorado Springs, CO. If multiple companies are shown, we recommend you compare several of them to find the lowest car insurance rates.
|Model||Comp||Collision||Liability||Medical||UM/UIM||Annual Premium||Monthly Premium|
|Silverado LS Regular Cab 2WD||$204||$368||$416||$24||$124||$1,136||$95|
|Silverado LS Regular Cab 4WD||$184||$320||$338||$20||$100||$962||$80|
|Silverado LT Regular Cab 2WD||$310||$458||$520||$30||$156||$1,474||$123|
|Silverado LT Regular Cab||$296||$628||$480||$28||$144||$1,576||$131|
|Silverado LS Extended Cab 4WD||$252||$368||$460||$28||$138||$1,246||$104|
|Silverado LT Extended Cab 4WD||$192||$288||$460||$28||$138||$1,106||$92|
|Silverado LT Extended Cab 2WD||$170||$306||$374||$22||$112||$984||$82|
|Silverado LS Extended Cab 2WD||$144||$282||$416||$24||$124||$990||$83|
|Silverado LT Crew Cab 4WD||$266||$546||$338||$20||$100||$1,270||$106|
|Silverado LS Crew Cab 2WD||$294||$608||$516||$30||$154||$1,602||$134|
|Silverado LS Crew Cab 4WD||$210||$416||$474||$28||$142||$1,270||$106|
|Silverado LT Crew Cab 2WD||$162||$332||$416||$24||$124||$1,058||$88|
|Silverado LTZ Extended Cab 2WD||$162||$350||$448||$26||$134||$1,120||$93|
|Silverado LTZ Extended Cab 4WD||$294||$630||$396||$24||$118||$1,462||$122|
|Silverado LTZ Crew Cab 2WD||$264||$556||$448||$26||$134||$1,428||$119|
|Silverado LTZ Crew Cab 4WD||$250||$434||$352||$20||$106||$1,162||$97|
|Silverado Crew Cab Hybrid 2WD||$162||$402||$396||$24||$118||$1,102||$92|
|Silverado Crew Cab Hybrid 4WD||$182||$382||$368||$22||$110||$1,064||$89|
|Get Your Own Custom Quote Go|
Price data assumes married female driver age 40, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, $1,000 deductibles, and Colorado minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include multi-policy, claim-free, multi-vehicle, homeowner, and safe-driver. Rates do not factor in specific garaging location which can lower or raise rates substantially.
Safe drivers pay less for auto insurance
The chart below shows how violations and accident claims can increase Chevrolet Silverado insurance prices for each age group. The rates are based on a single male driver, full physical damage coverage, $250 deductibles, and no discounts are taken into consideration.
Why you need insurance for your vehicle
Even though it can be expensive, insuring your vehicle is mandatory in Colorado but it also protects more than you think.
- Most states have minimum mandated liability insurance limits which means the state requires a specific minimum amount of liability protection if you drive a vehicle. In Colorado these limits are 25/50/15 which means you must have $25,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $50,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $15,000 of property damage coverage.
- If you bought your Silverado with a loan, more than likely the lender will have a requirement that you buy full coverage to guarantee loan repayment. If you default on your policy, the lender will be forced to insure your Chevy for a much higher rate and force you to pay for the much more expensive policy.
- Insurance protects both your Chevy and your assets. It will also provide coverage for most medical and hospital costs for not only you but also any passengers injured in an accident. Liability coverage, the one required by state law, will also pay for a defense attorney if anyone sues you for causing an accident. If your vehicle suffers damage from an accident or hail, collision and comprehensive (also known as other-than-collision) coverage will cover the repair costs.
The benefits of having insurance definitely exceed the price paid, especially for larger claims. The average driver in America is currently overpaying as much as $850 per year so shop around each time the policy renews to ensure rates are inline.
Be skeptical of insurance ads
Consumers constantly see and hear ads that claim the best premium rates from companies such as Allstate, GEICO and Progressive. They all seem to tend to make the same promise that drivers can save some big amount if you just switch to them.
It sounds good, but how can they all offer drivers better rates? It's all in the numbers.
Companies have underwriting criteria for the right customer that will generate a profit. One example of a profitable customer might be over the age of 45, has few claims, and the vehicle is rated for pleasure use. A customer that fits those parameters receive the lowest rate quotes in Colorado Springs and as a result will probably cut their rates substantially.
Insureds who don't measure up to the requirements will get a higher rate which leads to the driver buying from a lower-cost company. If you pay close attention to the ads, they say "drivers that switch" not "everybody who quotes" save that much. That's why companies can make claims that they all have the best rates. Because of the profiling, it is so important to compare quotes as often as possible. It's not possible to predict the company that will have the lowest Chevy Silverado insurance in Colorado Springs.
Get cheaper rates on Chevy Silverado insurance in Colorado Springs with these seven insurance discounts
Auto insurance companies don't always list every disount available in an easy-to-find place, so we took the time to find a few of the more common and the harder-to-find credits that may apply to you.
- Military Deployment Discount - Having a family member in the military may lower your rates slightly.
- Braking Control Discount - Cars and trucks that have anti-lock braking systems can avoid accidents and will save you 10% or more on Silverado insurance in Colorado Springs.
- Bundle and Save - If you combine your home and auto policies with one company you could get a discount of 10% to 20% off each policy.
- Telematics Discount - Colorado Springs drivers who agree to allow their insurance company to monitor driving manner by using a telematics device in their vehicle such as Drivewise from Allstate or Snapshot from Progressive could possibly reduce rates if they show good driving skills.
- Paperless Signup - A handful of companies will provide an incentive for signing up over the internet.
- Save with a New Car - Buying a new car model can save you some money since newer vehicles are generally safer.
- Discounts for Responsible Drivers - Insureds without accidents can pay as much as 50% less compared to rates paid by drivers with frequent claims.
Don't be shocked that most credits do not apply to the overall cost of the policy. Most only reduce individual premiums such as liability and collision coverage. Even though it appears you could get a free insurance policy, that's just not realistic.
Popular insurance companies and some of the premium reductions they offer can be found below.
- State Farm offers discounts for passive restraint, accident-free, safe vehicle, defensive driving training, and good driver.
- GEICO discounts include federal employee, multi-policy, five-year accident-free, anti-theft, multi-vehicle, good student, and daytime running lights.
- SAFECO offers discounts including homeowner, anti-theft, accident prevention training, anti-lock brakes, and drive less.
- Farmers Insurance has savings for distant student, early shopping, alternative fuel, homeowner, good student, youthful driver, and pay in full.
- AAA may have discounts that include good student, multi-car, anti-theft, good driver, education and occupation, pay-in-full, and AAA membership discount.
- USAA may include discounts for multi-policy, loyalty savings, multi-vehicle, annual mileage, and family discount.
Before purchasing a policy, check with every prospective company how you can save money. Savings may not be available in every state.
When to contact an insurance agent
A small number of people prefer to sit down with an agent and often times that is recommended Licensed agents are trained risk managers and help submit paperwork. The best thing about comparing rate quotes online is the fact that you can find lower premium rates and also buy local.
To find an agent, once you fill out this short form, your coverage information is transmitted to participating agents in Colorado Springs that can provide free Colorado Springs car insurance quotes to get your business. You never need to contact an agency due to the fact that quote results will go to the email address you provide. If you have a need to get a price quote from a specific insurance company, you can always jump over to their website and give them your coverage information.
Picking an insurance company needs to be determined by more than just a cheap price. These are some questions your agent should answer.
- Does their agency support local causes in Colorado Springs?
- Do they get extra compensation for selling add-on coverages?
- Can you contact them at any time?
- Can they provide you with a list of referrals?
- Does the agent help file claims?
When narrowing the list to find a local Colorado Springs insurance agency, you should know the types of insurance agents and how they can service your needs differently. Agents in Colorado Springs may be either independent or exclusive depending on the company they work for. Both can insure your vehicles, but we need to point out the difference in the companies they write for since it can impact your agent selection.
Exclusive insurance agents have only one company to place business with such as Allstate, Farmers Insurance, State Farm, and AAA. They generally cannot compare rates from other companies so they have to upsell other benefits. They are trained well in insurance sales and that allows them to sell at a higher price point.
Listed below is a list of exclusive insurance agents in Colorado Springs that can give you comparison quotes.
American Family Insurance - Jim Whitlock Agency LLC
8540 Scarborough Dr Ste 220 - Colorado Springs, CO 80920 - (719) 591-6336 - View Map
Jeff Schmidt - State Farm Insurance Agent
1230 Tenderfoot Hill Rd Ste. 200 - Colorado Springs, CO 80906 - (719) 445-0070 - View Map
Independent Insurance Agents
Agents in the independent channel do not sell for just one brand so they can quote policies with lots of companies and get the cheapest rates. If your agent finds better pricing, your agent can switch companies which makes it simple for you. If you are trying to find cheaper rates, we recommend you compare quotes from multiple independent agents to ensure the widest selection of prices.
The following are Colorado Springs independent insurance agencies that can give you price quotes.
Specifics of your car insurance policy
Learning about specific coverages of car insurance can help you determine the right coverages at the best deductibles and correct limits. Policy terminology can be confusing and reading a policy is terribly boring. Shown next are the normal coverages found on the average car insurance policy.
Comprehensive insurance will pay to fix damage caused by mother nature, theft, vandalism and other events. A deductible will apply and the remainder of the damage will be paid by comprehensive coverage.
Comprehensive can pay for claims like a tree branch falling on your vehicle, falling objects, fire damage and hitting a deer. The maximum amount you'll receive from a claim is the ACV or actual cash value, so if the vehicle is not worth much it's not worth carrying full coverage.
Medical payments coverage and PIP
Medical payments and Personal Injury Protection insurance pay for expenses like doctor visits, nursing services and pain medications. They are often used to cover expenses not covered by your health insurance policy or if you are not covered by health insurance. It covers all vehicle occupants as well as if you are hit as a while walking down the street. PIP coverage is not available in all states but it provides additional coverages not offered by medical payments coverage
Coverage for liability
This coverage provides protection from injuries or damage you cause to other's property or people that is your fault. It protects you from claims by other people, and does not provide coverage for damage sustained by your vehicle in an accident.
It consists of three limits, bodily injury for each person, bodily injury for the entire accident, and a limit for property damage. As an example, you may have limits of 25/50/15 that means you have a $25,000 limit per person for injuries, a limit of $50,000 in injury protection per accident, and $15,000 of coverage for damaged propery.
Liability can pay for claims like bail bonds, repair costs for stationary objects, attorney fees, pain and suffering and legal defense fees. How much liability should you purchase? That is a decision to put some thought into, but buy as large an amount as possible. Colorado requires drivers to carry at least 25/50/15 but you should think about purchasing better liability coverage.
Uninsured/Underinsured Motorist coverage
Your UM/UIM coverage protects you and your vehicle when the "other guys" do not carry enough liability coverage. Covered losses include medical payments for you and your occupants and damage to your Chevy Silverado.
Since a lot of drivers only carry the minimum required liability limits (25/50/15 in Colorado), it only takes a small accident to exceed their coverage. For this reason, having high UM/UIM coverages is very important.
This will pay to fix damage to your Silverado caused by collision with another car or object. You will need to pay your deductible and the rest of the damage will be paid by collision coverage.
Collision coverage pays for things like backing into a parked car, sideswiping another vehicle, damaging your car on a curb, colliding with a tree and rolling your car. Paying for collision coverage can be pricey, so you might think about dropping it from vehicles that are older. You can also increase the deductible on your Silverado to save money on collision insurance.
What is YOUR best insurance company?
When trying to cut insurance costs, it's a bad idea to sacrifice coverage to reduce premiums. There have been many situations where drivers have reduced physical damage coverage only to find out that their decision to reduce coverage ended up costing them more. The goal is to buy a smart amount of coverage at a price you can afford, but do not skimp to save money.
You just read some good ideas how you can shop for Chevy Silverado insurance online. It's most important to understand that the more price quotes you have, the better likelihood of getting affordable Colorado Springs car insurance quotes. You may even discover the lowest rates come from an unexpected company. Smaller companies may often insure only within specific states and give getter rates as compared to the big name companies such as State Farm, GEICO and Nationwide.
For more information, feel free to browse the resources below:
- What Does No-Fault Insurance Cover? (Allstate)
- What Auto Insurance is Cheapest in Pueblo, Colorado? (FAQ)
- What is the Cheapest Car Insurance in Commerce City, Colorado? (FAQ)
- What Auto Insurance is Cheapest in Centennial, Colorado? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable Auto Insurance for Drivers with Bad Credit in Colorado? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable Auto Insurance Quotes for a Toyota Camry in Colorado? (FAQ)
- What Car Insurance is Cheapest in Arvada, Colorado? (FAQ)
- What is the Best Cheap Car Insurance in Denver, CO? (FAQ)
- What is Gap Insurance? (Insurance Information Institute)
- Winter Driving (Insurance Information Institute)
- Car Insurance: When not to Skimp (BankRate.com)