Would you like to stop wasting money and find the cheapest BMW Z4 insurance in Fort Collins? Shopping for the cheapest Fort Collins BMW Z4 insurance quotes over the internet might seem overwhelming for drivers that are relatively new to comparing rates on the internet. Since there are so many online companies, how can anyone have time to compare every possible option in order to find the cheapest rates?
Sadly, most drivers in Colorado kept buying from the same company for at least four years, and just under half have never even compared quotes to find cheap rates. With the average premium in the United States being $1,847, drivers could cut their rates by as much as $860 a year just by shopping around, but they don't know how much money they would save if they bought a different policy.
It's smart to price shop coverage occasionally since prices change frequently. If you had the best deal on BMW Z4 insurance in Fort Collins six months ago a different company probably has better rate quotes today. There is lot of inaccurate information about Z4 insurance online, but we're going to give you the easiest ways to slash your insurance rates in Fort Collins.
Buying the cheapest car insurance in Fort Collins is much easier if you have a good place to start. If you have a current car insurance policy, you stand a good chance to be able to shop for the lowest rates using the ideas presented in this article. But Colorado car owners need to have an understanding of how big insurance companies calculate your policy premium because rates fluctuate considerably.
The method we recommend to compare car insurance company rates for BMW Z4 insurance in Fort Collins takes advantage of the fact most insurance companies actually pay money for the chance to provide you with a free rate quote. The one thing you need to do is give them some information like if a SR-22 is needed, if the vehicle is leased, how much coverage you want, and how many miles driven. That information is then submitted to multiple companies and they provide comparison quotes quickly.
To check BMW Z4 insurance prices now, click here then complete the form.
The companies shown below provide free quotes in Colorado. If multiple companies are listed, we suggest you visit two to three different companies in order to find the most competitive rates.
|Model||Comp||Collision||Liability||Medical||UM/UIM||Annual Premium||Monthly Premium|
|Z4 3.0I SDRIVE 2-Dr Roadster||$342||$620||$298||$18||$90||$1,368||$114|
|Z4 3.5I SDRIVE 2-Dr Roadster||$332||$608||$304||$18||$92||$1,354||$113|
|Get Your Own Custom Quote Go|
Data variables include married female driver age 30, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, $250 deductibles, and Colorado minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include safe-driver, multi-policy, homeowner, multi-vehicle, and claim-free. Rate quotes do not factor in vehicle location which can modify price quotes significantly.
Reckless driving habits raise auto insurance rates
The illustration below highlights how traffic violations and accident claims impact BMW Z4 yearly insurance costs for each age group. The price estimates are based on a married female driver, full coverage, $250 deductibles, and no discounts are applied.
Lower rates by qualifying for discounts
Insurance is not an enjoyable expense, but there are discounts available that you may not even know about. Certain reductions will be credited when you get a quote, but once in a while a discount must be manually applied before they will apply.
- Accident-Free Discounts - Insureds who avoid accidents and claims can earn big discounts compared to policyholders that have many claims.
- Military Discounts - Being deployed in the military could mean lower premium rates.
- Senior Citizens - Mature drivers can get better insurance rates.
- More Vehicles More Savings - Purchasing coverage when you have more than one vehicle with the same insurance company can get a discount for every vehicle.
- Driving Data Discount - Fort Collins drivers who agree to allow driving data submission to monitor when and where they use their vehicle by installing a telematics device such as In-Drive from State Farm or Allstate's Drivewise system could save a few bucks if they have good driving habits.
- College Student Discount - Kids who live away from home at college and won't have access to an insured vehicle may qualify for this discount.
- Braking Control Discount - Cars and trucks that have anti-lock braking systems prevent accidents so you can save 10 percent or more.
- Government Employee Discount - Being employed by or retired from a federal job could cut as much as 10% off but check with your company.
A quick disclaimer, many deductions do not apply the the whole policy. A few only apply to individual premiums such as comp or med pay. If you do the math and it seems like all those discounts means the company will pay you, you're out of luck.
A partial list of companies that may offer these discounts are:
If you want affordable BMW Z4 insurance quotes, ask each company or agent to apply every possible discount. Some credits might not be offered on policies everywhere.
Components of Your BMW Z4 Insurance Costs
Many different elements are used in the calculation when quoting car insurance. Most are fairly basic such as your driving record, but other factors are less apparent like your vehicle usage or your financial responsibility. An important part of buying insurance is that you know the factors that help calculate the rates you pay for insurance. If you have some idea of what determines base rates, this allows you to make good choices that may reward you with better insurance rates.
- A good credit score can save money - Having a bad credit score will be a significant factor in calculating your insurance rates. Therefore, if your credit rating can be improved, you could pay less to insure your BMW Z4 by improving your rating. Insureds that have very high credit ratings tend to be better drivers and file fewer claims than those with worse credit.
- Driver age impacts rates - Young drivers in Colorado are statistically shown to be more careless with other occupants in the car so they pay higher insurance rates. Mature drivers have been proven to be more responsible, statistically cause fewer accidents, and get fewer tickets.
- Big cities have higher premiums - Choosing to live in less populated areas may provide you with better prices when it comes to insurance. Fewer drivers means reduced accidents in addition to lower liability claims People who live in big cities regularly have much more traffic and much longer commute distances. Spending more time driving translates into higher accident risk.
- How's your driving record? - Attentive drivers get better prices than bad drivers. Having just one chargable violation can bump up the cost twenty percent or more. Drivers who have gotten severe violations like reckless driving or DUI may need to file a proof of financial responsibility form (SR-22) with the DMV in their state in order to legally drive a vehicle.
- High deductibles reduce costs - Physical damage deductibles define how much you are required to pay if you file a covered claim. Protection for physical damage, also called comprehensive and collision insurance, covers damage that occurs to your car. Examples of some claims that would be covered would be collision with another vehicle, fire damage, and having a roll-over accident. The more money you choose to pay out-of-pocket, the less money you will pay for insurance.
- Policy add-ons may be wasting money - Insurance companies have many additional extra coverages that you can get tricked into buying but may not be useful. Insurance for roadside assistance, towing, and term life insurance may not be needed and are just wasting money. They may seem like a good idea at first, but if they're wasting money get rid of them and save.
- Commute or pleasure use - The higher the miles on your BMW in a year's time the more you'll pay to insure your vehicle. A lot of companies apply a rate based upon how the vehicle is primarily used. Autos used primarily for pleasure use qualify for better rates as compared to vehicles used primarily for driving to work. Having an incorrect usage rating on your Z4 may be costing you. Ask your agent if your declarations sheet reflects the correct usage for each vehicle, because improper ratings can cost you money.
- Loss statistics for a BMW Z4 - Insurers include the past claim trends for vehicles when they calculate premium prices for each model. Models that the data shows to have high amounts or severity of claims will have increased rates.
The table below illustrates the insurance loss data used by companies for BMW Z4 vehicles. For each coverage type, the claim amount for all vehicles, as a total average, is set at 100. Percentage numbers below 100 suggest a better than average loss history, while numbers shown that are more than 100 indicate more frequent claims or statistically larger losses.
Insurance Loss Ratings for BMW Z4 Vehicles
Vehicle Model Collision Property Damage Comp Personal Injury Medical Payment Bodily Injury BMW Z4 Convertible 131 67 78
Empty fields indicate not enough data collected
Data Source: Insurance Institute for Highway Safety for 2013-2015 Model Years
When should I talk to a local insurance agent?
Certain consumers would prefer to visit with an insurance agent and doing so can bring peace of mind One of the great benefits of getting online price quotes is the fact that drivers can get cheap insurance rates but still work with a licensed agent.
For easy comparison, once you complete this form (opens in new window), the quote information is emailed to agents in your area who will give competitive quotes and help you find cheaper coverage. You won't need to even leave your home because prices are sent directly to your email. You can find lower rates AND a local agent. If you need to get a rate quote from a particular provider, don't hesitate to visit that company's website and fill out the quote form the provide.
Choosing the best company should include more criteria than just the bottom line cost. Any good agent in Fort Collins should know the answers to these questions.
- Is the quote a firm price?
- Is working in the agency their full-time job?
- How much can you save by raising your physical damage deductibles?
- Does the agent recommend any additional coverage?
- Does the agency provide any after hours assistance?
- Does the agency have a positive business rating?
Types of car insurance agents in Fort Collins
When narrowing the list to find an insurance agent, it helps to know the two different agency structures that differ in how they can insure your vehicles. Insurance agencies may be either independent or exclusive depending on the company they work for.
Agents that choose to be exclusive have only one company to place business with and some examples include Farmers Insurance, State Farm, Allstate, and AAA. Exclusive agents are unable to shop your coverage around so if the price isn't competitive there isn't much they can do. Exclusive insurance agents are usually well trained on their products and sales techniques which helps offset the inability to provide other markets. Consumers frequently buy from the same agent for years primarily because of the brand name and the convenience of having all coverages with one company.
Below are Fort Collins exclusive insurance agents that can give you rate quotes.
- Dave Lawser - State Farm Insurance Agent
4605 Ziegler Rd #1 - Fort Collins, CO 80528 - (970) 226-1306 - View Map
- Daryl Alexander - State Farm Insurance Agent
5205 S College Ave - Fort Collins, CO 80525 - (970) 493-2196 - View Map
- Farmers Insurance - Jonathan Susa
1200 S College Ave #302 - Fort Collins, CO 80524 - (970) 449-4271 - View Map
Independent Insurance Agencies
Independent agencies are not restricted to one company so they can insure your vehicles through many different insurance companies and help determine which has the cheapest rates. If prices rise, they simply move your policy to a different company and that require little work on your part.
When shopping rates, you definitely need to get several quotes from at a minimum one independent agency to get the best comparison. Most also write with companies you've never heard of that may have much lower rates than larger companies.
Shown below is a list of independent agents in Fort Collins willing to provide price quotes.
- Front Range Insurance Group
1100 Haxton Dr # 100 - Fort Collins, CO 80525 - (970) 223-1804 - View Map
- A Adam Sater Agency
1719 E Mulberry St - Fort Collins, CO 80524 - (970) 663-5811 - View Map
- Northern Colorado Insurance Services Inc
525 N Denver Ave - Loveland, CO 80537 - (970) 622-9734 - View Map
Save $461 a year? Really?
Big name companies like State Farm, Allstate and GEICO seem to constantly run television and radio advertisements. They all seem to tend to make the same promise that drivers can save some big amount if you get a free Fort Collins car insurance quote and switch to their company. But how can every company charge lower premium rates? It's all in how they say it.
Insurance companies give the best rates for the type of driver that will generate a profit. An example of a driver they prefer could possibly be between the ages of 30 and 45, has no prior claims, and drives a vehicle with a low ISO rating. A customer that hits that "sweet spot" receives the best car insurance rates in Fort Collins as well as save some money.
Potential customers who cannot meet those standards will probably have to pay a higher premium with the end result being the customer buying from a different company. The ad wording is "people that switch" but not "all drivers who get quotes" save that much when switching. This is how insurance companies can confidently make claims like that. Because of the profiling, it is so important to get Fort Collins car insurance quotes as often as possible. You cannot predict with any certainty which company will have the best BMW Z4 insurance in Fort Collins.
Do the work, save more money
Drivers who switch companies do it for any number of reasons including high rates after DUI convictions, being labeled a high risk driver, high prices or extreme rates for teen drivers. Regardless of your reason, finding the right car insurance provider can be easy and end up saving you some money.
As you quote Fort Collins car insurance, you should never buy less coverage just to save a little money. In too many instances, someone dropped comprehensive coverage or liability limits only to find out that the small savings ended up costing them much more. Your aim should be to find the BEST coverage for the lowest cost, but do not sacrifice coverage to save money.
The cheapest BMW Z4 insurance in Fort Collins is definitely available on the web in addition to local insurance agencies, and you should be comparing both to get a complete price analysis. Some insurance companies do not provide online quoting and many times these smaller providers prefer to sell through local independent agencies.
Additional detailed information can be found in the articles below:
- Vehicle Size and Weight FAQ (iihs.org)
- What Auto Insurance is Cheapest for Handicapped Drivers in Colorado? (FAQ)
- How Much are Colorado Auto Insurance Rates for Teenage Males? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable Colorado Car Insurance for Drivers Over Age 60? (FAQ)
- How Much are Auto Insurance Rates for Drivers Under 21 in Colorado? (FAQ)
- What Car Insurance is Cheapest for 17 Year Olds in Colorado? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Auto Insurance Quotes for Good Drivers in Colorado? (FAQ)
- What Auto Insurance is Cheapest in Security-Widefield, Colorado? (FAQ)
- Side Impact Crash Tests (iihs.org)
- What if I Can't Find Coverage? (Insurance Information Institute)