Finding cheaper insurance for a BMW Z4 in Colorado can normally be an all-consuming task, but you can use our insurance buying tips to save time.
There is a better way to find insurance online and we'll show you the absolute fastest way to quote coverages for your BMW and get the lowest possible price from Colorado Springs insurance agents and online providers.
You need to compare rates once or twice a year because insurance prices trend upward over time. Even if you think you had the lowest quotes on BMW Z4 insurance in Colorado Springs last year there is a good chance you can find better rates now. You'll find a ton of advice on Z4 insurance online but by reading this article, you're going to learn the best ways to lower your insurance premiums.
Shopping around for the lowest-priced auto insurance in Colorado Springs is not as confusing as people think. If you have coverage now or are looking for a new policy, you can use these tips to get lower rates and possibly find even better coverage. Shoppers only need to know the quickest way to find the lowest price using one simple form.
Companies offering competitive BMW Z4 price quotes in Colorado Springs, CO
The companies in the list below can provide price comparisons in Colorado Springs, CO. If multiple providers are shown, we suggest you visit several of them in order to get a fair rate comparison.
|Model||Comp||Collision||Liability||Medical||UM/UIM||Annual Premium||Monthly Premium|
|Z4 3.0I SDRIVE 2-Dr Roadster||$182||$382||$314||$18||$94||$990||$83|
|Z4 3.5I SDRIVE 2-Dr Roadster||$390||$620||$392||$24||$118||$1,544||$129|
|Get Your Own Custom Quote Go|
Price data assumes single male driver age 30, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, $250 deductibles, and Colorado minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include safe-driver, multi-vehicle, homeowner, claim-free, and multi-policy. Estimates do not factor in the specific area where the vehicle is garaged which can change coverage rates substantially.
Policy deductible comparison
The illustration below demonstrates how choosing different deductibles and can raise or lower BMW Z4 insurance costs for each age group. The rate quotes are based on a married male driver, full physical damage coverage, and no other discounts are factored in.
BMW Z4 annual premiums for males versus females
The chart below visualizes the comparison of BMW Z4 auto insurance rates for male and female drivers. The costs are based on no claims, a clean driving record, full coverage, $1,000 deductibles, marital status is single, and no discounts are applied to the premium.
How accidents and tickets impact rates
The chart below highlights how speeding tickets and at-fault claims can impact BMW Z4 premium costs for different ages of insureds. The costs are based on a married male driver, full physical damage coverage, $1,000 deductibles, and no discounts are applied.
Smart Consumers Can Cut Their Insurance Prices
Multiple criteria are taken into consideration when you get a price on insurance. Some of the criteria are obvious such as your driving record, but other criteria are less obvious such as whether you are married and annual miles driven. Part of the auto insurance buying process is learning the factors that help determine your premiums. If you have some idea of what impacts premium levels, this empowers consumers to make smart changes that could result in better auto insurance rates.
The factors shown below are a few of the things that factor into your premiums.
Do you need those extra coverages? - There are many extra coverages that you can buy if you don't pay attention. Coverages for vanishing deductibles, death and dismemberment, and term life insurance may be wasting your money. They may seem good when buying your policy, but if you don't need them eliminate them to save money.
Are you male or female? - Over the last 30 years, statistics show females are less aggressive when driving. That doesn't necessarily mean that males are worse at driving than females. Females and males have accidents at about the same rate, but the men tend to have more serious accidents. Not only are claims higher, but men receive more major tickets such as reckless driving. Youthful male drivers cause the most accidents and thus pay the highest rates.
Cheaper prices with safer cars - Cars with high safety ratings can get you lower premiums. Safe vehicles help reduce the chance of injuries in an accident and fewer serious injuries means less claims paid and thus lower rates.
Save by driving less - The more you drive your BMW each year the higher your rate. The majority of insurers calculate prices based on their usage. Cars and trucks that do not get driven very much cost less to insure compared to those used for work or business. It's a smart idea to ensure your auto insurance coverage states the correct usage. Improper usage on your Z4 can cost quite a bit.
Youthful drivers pay more - Older insureds tend to be more responsible, cost insurance companies less in claims, and get fewer tickets.Young drivers have been known to be inattentive and easily distracted when driving and because of this, their auto insurance rates are much higher.
Auto insurance claims cost money - If you tend to file frequent claims, you can look forward to higher premiums or even policy non-renewal. Auto insurance companies in Colorado provide cheaper rates to drivers who do not rely on their insurance for small claims. Your insurance policy is intended to be relied upon for major claims that would cause financial hardship.
Claims statistics for a BMW Z4 - Auto insurance companies analyze the history of losses to help set a rate to offset losses. Vehicles that the data shows to have higher claim amounts or frequency will cost more for specific coverages.
The table shown below demonstrates the compiled insurance loss statistics for BMW Z4 vehicles. For each coverage category, the claim probability for all vehicles, regardless of manufacturer or model, is a value of 100. Values that are under 100 suggest a positive loss record, while values that are above 100 indicate more frequent losses or statistically larger losses.
Auto Insurance Loss Data for BMW Z4 Models
|Vehicle Make and Model||Collision||Property Damage||Comp||Personal Injury||Medical Payment||Bodily Injury|
|BMW Z4 Convertible||131||67||78|
Empty fields indicate not enough data collected
Data Source: iihs.org (Insurance Institute for Highway Safety) for 2013-2015 Model Years
Discounts mean cheaper rates for BMW Z4 insurance in Colorado Springs
Some insurers don't necessarily list all possible discounts in an easy-to-find place, so below is a list both well-publicized as well as some of the hidden credits that may apply to you.
- E-sign - A few companies will give you a small discount for buying your policy over the internet.
- Fewer Miles Equal More Savings - Keeping the miles down on your BMW can earn discounted car insurance rates on garaged vehicles.
- Federal Employees - Employees or retirees of the government could provide a small rate reduction with select insurance companies.
- Early Switch Discount - Some larger companies provide a discount for switching to them prior to your current Z4 insurance policy expiration. The savings is around 10%.
- Payment Method - If you pay your bill all at once instead of paying each month you could save 5% or more.
- New Car Discount - Buying a new car model can save you some money compared to insuring an older model.
- Good Driver Discount - Drivers without accidents can save up to 40% or more on their Colorado Springs car insurance quote compared to rates paid by drivers with frequent claims.
- Defensive Driver - Successfully completing a course that instructs on driving safety may get you a small discount if your company offers it.
- Theft Prevention Discount - Cars, trucks, and SUVs optioned with advanced anti-theft systems are less likely to be stolen and will save you 10% or more on Z4 insurance in Colorado Springs.
- Policy Bundle Discount - If you combine your auto and homeowners policies and insure them both with the same insurance company you could get a discount of up to 20% and get you cheap Z4 insurance.
Discounts lower rates, but most credits do not apply to the entire cost. The majority will only reduce the cost of specific coverages such as collision or personal injury protection. So even though you would think adding up those discounts means a free policy, insurance companies wouldn't stay in business.
A few popular companies and the discounts they provide are detailed below.
- Progressive policyholders can earn discounts including good student, homeowner, multi-policy, online quote discount, online signing, continuous coverage, and multi-vehicle.
- GEICO has discounts for multi-policy, daytime running lights, federal employee, anti-lock brakes, defensive driver, and five-year accident-free.
- State Farm has savings for driver's education, defensive driving training, Drive Safe & Save, safe vehicle, multiple autos, and Steer Clear safe driver discount.
- Esurance offers premium reductions for DriveSense, online quote, multi-policy, Switch & Save, safety device, and multi-car.
- The Hartford may include discounts for good student, driver training, defensive driver, anti-theft, and bundle.
Before you buy a policy, ask each insurance company to give you their best rates. Some discounts might not apply in your area.
Independent versus exclusive insurance agencies
Many people prefer to sit down with an agent and that is a personal choice. Professional agents will help you protect your assets and help submit paperwork. One of the great benefits of comparing rate quotes online is you can get cheap auto insurance quotes but also keep your business local. Putting coverage with small agencies is definitely important in Colorado Springs.
To help locate an agent, after submitting this short form, your insurance data is instantly submitted to agents in your area who want to provide quotes for your business. It simplifies rate comparisons since you won't have to leave your computer due to the fact that quote results will go instantly to you. If for some reason you want to quote rates from a specific company, feel free to find their quoting web page and submit a quote form there.
Insurance agent types
When looking for a good Colorado Springs insurance agent, you need to know there are two types of agencies from which to choose. Agents can be described as either exclusive or independent. Either one can do a good job, but it's worth mentioning the difference in the companies they write for since it may influence the kind of agent you use.
Independent Auto Insurance Agencies or Brokers
Agents that elect to be independent can quote rates with many companies so they can insure your vehicles with many different companies and find the cheapest auto insurance rates. If they find a cheaper price, they can switch companies in-house which makes it simple for you.
When comparing rates, we recommend you check rates from a few independent agents in order to have the best price comparison. Many write coverage with small mutual carriers which can save you money.
The following is a short list of independent agents in Colorado Springs who may provide rate quotes.
- Pikes Peak Insurance Agency
2306 N Powers Blvd #120 - Colorado Springs, CO 80915 - (719) 591-4500 - View Map
- Six and Geving Insurance Inc
3630 Sinton Rd # 200 - Colorado Springs, CO 80907 - (719) 590-9990 - View Map
- Benson Insurance Group, LLC
5155 N Academy, #110 - Colorado Springs, CO 80918 - (719) 622-3079 - View Map
Exclusive Auto Insurance Agents
Agents that elect to be exclusive work for only one company such as State Farm, AAA, and Liberty Mutual. These agents are not able to provide prices from multiple companies so they have to upsell other benefits. They are very knowledgeable on what they offer and that allows them to sell at a higher price point. Drivers often buy from the same agent for years mainly due to the brand rather than having low rates.
Shown below is a list of exclusive insurance agencies in Colorado Springs that can give you rate quotes.
- Brandon Sullivan - State Farm Insurance Agent
5615 Constitution Ave - Colorado Springs, CO 80915 - (719) 597-5000 - View Map
- American Family Insurance - Ed Reed
202 E Cheyenne Mountain Blvd k - Colorado Springs, CO 80906 - (719) 540-8400 - View Map
- American Family Insurance - Dave Karstens Agency Inc.
3225 Templeton Gap Rd Ste 104 - Colorado Springs, CO 80907 - (719) 636-3336 - View Map
Picking the best car insurance agent should depend on more than just a cheap price quote. These are some valid questions you should ask.
- Will they take your side in the event of a claim?
- Who is covered by the car insurance policy?
- Are they able to provide referrals?
- Do they prorate repair cost based on vehicle mileage?
- Do they review policy coverages at every renewal?
- If they are an independent agency in Colorado Springs, which companies do they recommend?
When searching for cheaper Colorado Springs car insurance quotes, don't be tempted to buy poor coverage just to save money. In too many instances, someone sacrificed liability limits or collision coverage only to regret at claim time that the few dollars in savings costed them thousands. Your strategy should be to buy enough coverage at the best price while still protecting your assets.
Discount BMW Z4 insurance in Colorado Springs is available on the web in addition to local insurance agencies, so you should compare both so you have a total pricing picture. There are still a few companies who may not provide the ability to get a quote online and these small insurance companies sell through independent insurance agencies.
People who switch companies do it for a number of reasons such as poor customer service, policy non-renewal, questionable increases in premium and even an unsatisfactory settlement offer. Whatever your reason, switching car insurance companies can be easier than you think.
Even more information can be read by following these links:
- Medical Payments Coverage (Liberty Mutual)
- Who Has Affordable Colorado Car Insurance for Drivers Over Age 60? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable Auto Insurance Quotes for a Toyota Camry in Colorado? (FAQ)
- Booster Seat Ratings (iihs.org)
- Determing Auto Insurance Rates (GEICO)
- Vehicle Insurance in the U.S. (Wikipedia)
- Parking Tips to Reduce Door Dings (State Farm)