Want the cheapest Audi TT insurance in Colorado Springs? Finding more affordable Colorado Springs Audi TT insurance quotes might seem somewhat intimidating for drivers not familiar with comparing prices on the internet. With dozens of insurance companies available, how can drivers even start to compare all the different companies and get the lowest rates?
Unthinkable but true, nearly 70% of Colorado drivers renewed their policy with the same company for more than four years, and almost half have never even compared rates from other companies. Most drivers in the U.S. can save about $859 each year, but most tend to underestimate the benefits if they replace their high priced policy.
It's a great practice to get comparison quotes periodically because insurance prices tend to go up over time. Just because you had the lowest rates on Audi TT insurance in Colorado Springs a year ago a different company probably has better rate quotes today. Ignore everything you know about car insurance because you're about to learn the fastest way to find lower rates on car insurance.
Buying the cheapest insurance in Colorado Springs is much easier if you have a good place to start. If you have coverage now, you will definitely be able to reduce the price you pay using the techniques presented in this article. Although Colorado consumers do need to learn how big insurance companies calculate their prices because rates fluctuate considerably.
Best companies for cheap Audi TT insurance in Colorado
The companies shown below are ready to provide free rate quotes in Colorado Springs, CO. If multiple providers are shown, it's a good idea that you click on several of them in order to find the most competitive rates.
|Model||Comp||Collision||Liability||Medical||UM/UIM||Annual Premium||Monthly Premium|
|TT 2.0T Quattro 2-Dr Coupe||$308||$616||$474||$28||$142||$1,568||$131|
|TT 2.0T Quattro 2-Dr Coupe||$294||$608||$368||$22||$110||$1,402||$117|
|TT 2.0T Quattro 2-Dr Coupe||$278||$500||$352||$20||$106||$1,256||$105|
|TT S 2.0T Quattro 2-Dr Coupe||$478||$838||$460||$28||$138||$1,942||$162|
|TT 2.0T Quattro 2-Dr Roadster||$428||$702||$460||$28||$138||$1,756||$146|
|TT 2.0T Quattro 2-Dr Roadster||$226||$432||$358||$22||$108||$1,146||$96|
|TT S 2.0T Quattro 2-Dr Coupe||$278||$520||$362||$22||$108||$1,290||$108|
|TT S 2.0T Quattro 2-Dr Roadster||$382||$770||$362||$22||$108||$1,644||$137|
|TT 2.0T Quattro 2-Dr Roadster||$348||$566||$460||$28||$138||$1,540||$128|
|TT S 2.0T Quattro 2-Dr Roadster||$288||$650||$396||$24||$118||$1,476||$123|
|Get Your Own Custom Quote Go|
Data variables include single male driver age 50, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, $500 deductibles, and Colorado minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include homeowner, multi-vehicle, safe-driver, multi-policy, and claim-free. Price estimates do not factor in the specific area where the vehicle is garaged which can modify coverage rates greatly.
How careless driving impacts Colorado Springs auto insurance rates
The example below highlights how traffic violations and at-fault fender-benders increase Audi TT yearly insurance costs for different insured age categories. The premiums are based on a single female driver, full physical damage coverage, $500 deductibles, and no policy discounts are applied.
How Car Insurance Companies Calculate Audi TT Insurance Prices
Multiple criteria are considered when you get your auto insurance bill. Some of the criteria are obvious like a motor vehicle report, although others are not quite as obvious like your continuous coverage or your financial responsibility.
- More traffic means higher claims - Living in a small town can be a good thing when shopping for auto insurance. Lower population means less chance of accidents as well as less vandalism and auto theft. Urban drivers tend to have much more traffic and more severe claims. Higher commute times means higher likelihood of an accident.
- Married people drive safer - Your spouse may earn you lower rates when shopping for car insurance. Having a spouse usually means you are less irresponsible it has been statistically shown that married drivers get in fewer accidents.
- Physical damage deductibles - Physical damage deductibles state the amount of money the insured will be required to pay if a claim is determined to be covered. Insurance for physical damage, termed comprehensive and collision coverage on your policy, covers damage that occurs to your car. Examples of some claims that would be covered would be colliding with a stationary object, hail damage, and damage from wind. The more the insured is willing to pay, the better rate you will receive.
- Careless drivers pay higher prices - Being a careful driver has a huge affect on how much you pay. Getting just one ticket can boost insurance rates substantially. Drivers who don't get tickets tend to pay less for car insurance compared to drivers with tickets. Drivers who have received dangerous violations like hit and run, DWI or reckless driving convictions may be required to file a SR-22 with their state motor vehicle department in order to prevent a license revocation.
- Prevent car insurance lapses - Having a lapse in insurance coverage is a sure-fire way to increase your rates. Not only will rates go up, being ticketed for driving with no insurance may result in a fine, jail time, or a revoked license.
- Audi TT insurance claim data - Auto insurance companies analyze the history of losses to determine a rate that will be profitable for them. Vehicles that have higher claim amounts or frequency will be charged more to insure. The next table shows the actual insurance loss data for Audi TT vehicles.
For each insurance policy coverage type, the loss probablilty for all vehiclescombined as an average is considered to be 100. Numbers that are below 100 suggest a better than average loss history, while values that are 100 or greater indicate frequent claims or statistically larger claims.
Insurance Loss Ratings for Audi TT Vehicles
Specific Audi Model Collision Property Damage Comp Personal Injury Medical Payment Bodily Injury Audi TT 2dr 4WD 168 111 Audi TTS 2dr 4WD 141
Empty fields indicate not enough data collected
Data Source: Insurance Institute for Highway Safety for 2013-2015 Model Years
Colorado Springs car insurance discounts
Some insurers do not list all their discounts very clearly, so the following is a list of some of the more common and also the more inconspicuous discounts that may be available. If you do not double check each discount available, you're just leaving money on the table.
- College Student Discount - Older children who attend college more than 100 miles from Colorado Springs and do not have access to a covered vehicle could qualify for this discount.
- Include Life Insurance and Save - Not all car insurance companies offer life insurance, but some may give you better car insurance rates if you take out some life insurance in addition to your auto policy.
- Anti-lock Brake System - Vehicles that have anti-lock braking systems prevent accidents so you can save 10 percent or more.
- Onboard Data Collection - People who choose to allow their car insurance company to monitor their driving habits remotely like Allstate's Drivewise may see discounts as long as they are good drivers.
- Seat Belts Save more than Lives - Drivers who require all occupants to buckle up before driving could save 15% on the premium charged for medical payments and/or PIP.
One thing to note about discounts is that most of the big mark downs will not be given to the entire cost. Most only reduce the cost of specific coverages such as comp or med pay. So even though they make it sound like all the discounts add up to a free policy, it just doesn't work that way.
To see insurers with the best discounts in Colorado, click here to view.
Independent versus exclusive insurance agents
Many drivers prefer to have an agent's advice and doing so can bring peace of mind A good thing about comparing rate quotes online is that drivers can save money and get the lowest rates and still have a local agent.
Once you complete this quick form, the coverage information gets sent to agents in your area who will give you bids to get your business. It's much easier because you don't need to search for any insurance agencies since price quotes are sent to you instantly. You can most likely find cheaper rates and a licensed agent to talk to. If you want to quote rates from a specific insurance company, feel free to search and find their rate quote page and fill out the quote form the provide.
Finding the right company should include more criteria than just a cheap price quote. These are some valid questions you should ask.
- Are they properly licensed to sell insurance in Colorado?
- Is there a local claims center in Colorado Springs?
- What will you get paid if your car is a total loss? How is that amount determined?
- What are their preferred companies if they are an independent agency?
- Did they already check your driving record and credit reports?
- Does their agency support local causes in Colorado Springs?
- What insurance companies do they work with in Colorado Springs?
- Do they offer accident forgiveness?
When finding local Colorado Springs agents, it's important to understand the different types of agents and how they are slightly different. Insurance agencies in Colorado Springs can be described as either independent or exclusive depending on the company they work for.
Exclusive agencies can only place business with one company like Farmers Insurance or State Farm. They generally cannot place coverage with different providers so you might not find the best rates. These agents are usually well trained on their products and sales techniques which helps offset the inability to provide other markets. Consumers often use the same agent partially due to the brand rather than low price.
Below are Colorado Springs exclusive insurance agents that are able to give rate quotes.
- Connie Slater - State Farm Insurance Agent
5731 Silverstone Terrace #120 - Colorado Springs, CO 80919 - (719) 268-9003 - View Map
- Kelly Muse - State Farm Insurance Agent
1635 W Uintah St D - Colorado Springs, CO 80904 - (719) 329-1818 - View Map
- Bob Hawkins - State Farm Insurance Agent
5490 Powers Center Point #132 - Colorado Springs, CO 80920 - (719) 418-3377 - View Map
Independent Insurance Agents
Agents that elect to be independent do not write with just one company so they can quote policies with an assortment of companies and find the cheapest rate. If you are not satisfied with one company, your agent can just switch to a different company and you won't have to switch agencies.
When comparing rates, we recommend you compare quotes from several independent insurance agents in order to have the best price comparison. Many can place coverage with smaller companies that many times have cheaper rates.
Shown below is a list of independent agents in Colorado Springs that can give you price quote information.
- WIN Insurance Agency
3485 Academy Blvd N Ste 101 - Colorado Springs, CO 80917 - (719) 599-9494 - View Map
- O'Donnell Agency Inc
707 S Tejon St - Colorado Springs, CO 80903 - (719) 227-7100 - View Map
- Pikes Peak Insurance Agency
2306 N Powers Blvd #120 - Colorado Springs, CO 80915 - (719) 591-4500 - View Map
Buyer beware of insurance advertising tricks
Insurance providers like State Farm, Allstate and GEICO continually stream television, radio, and online ads. All the ads try to convey promises of big savings just by switching to their company. How does each company have lower policy pricing? It's all in the numbers.
Insurance providers quote the lowest rates for the type of driver they prefer to insure. For instance, a profitable insured might have to be between the ages of 30 and 45, has never had a claim, and has excellent credit. Any new insured that fits those parameters will get the preferred car insurance rates in Colorado Springs and will most likely save if they switch.
Consumers who do not match these criteria may be required to pay a more expensive rate with the end result being the driver buying from a lower-cost company. If you pay attention, the ads say "drivers that switch" not "everybody who quotes" can save as much as they claim. That's the way companies can make it sound like they have such great premium rates. This really emphasizes why you absolutely need to compare free Colorado Springs auto insurance quotes often. It is just not possible to predict which insurance companies will have the best car insurance rates for your profile.
Everyone needs different car insurance coverages
When it comes to adequate coverage for your personal vehicles, there really is no perfect coverage plan. Coverage needs to be tailored to your specific needs so this has to be addressed. Here are some questions about coverages that might point out whether you might need professional guidance.
- What exactly is covered by my policy?
- When should I have rental car coverage?
- Am I covered if I hit my neighbor's mailbox?
- Is motorclub coverage worth it?
- Do I benefit by insuring my home with the same company?
- What is an umbrella policy?
If you're not sure about those questions, you might consider talking to an agent. To find lower rates from a local agent, simply complete this short form or click here for a list of car insurance companies in your area.
Quote more and you will save more
As you quote Colorado Springs auto insurance, don't be tempted to skimp on coverage in order to save money. In many instances, someone sacrificed liability coverage limits and discovered at claim time that it was a big mistake. The goal is to find the BEST coverage at an affordable rate and still be able to protect your assets.
We just covered a lot of ways to lower your Audi TT insurance rates in Colorado Springs. The most important thing to understand is the more rate comparisons you have, the higher your chance of finding inexpensive Colorado Springs auto insurance quotes. Drivers may even discover the best rates are with a smaller regional carrier. Regional companies may often insure only within specific states and give getter rates compared to the large companies like Allstate, GEICO and Progressive.
To read more, link through to the following helpful articles:
- Comprehensive Coverage (Liberty Mutual)
- Who Has Affordable Auto Insurance Quotes for Retired Military in Colorado? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Colorado Auto Insurance for Infrequent Drivers? (FAQ)
- What Car Insurance is Cheapest for Drivers Over Age 70 in Colorado? (FAQ)
- What does Personal Injury Protection (PIP) Cover? (Allstate)
- Auto Insurance 101 (About.com)
- Safety Tips for Teen Drivers (Insurance Information Institute)
- What if I Can't Find Coverage? (Insurance Information Institute)