Do you need a better way to compare lower-priced Audi Q7 insurance in Fort Collins? Locating low-cost insurance for an Audi Q7 in Colorado can be an all-consuming task, but you can use our auto insurance buying tips to save time.
There is a better way to buy auto insurance so you're going to learn the proper way to compare rates for your Audi and get the best price possible from Fort Collins insurance agents and online providers.
It's a great practice to get comparison quotes before your policy renews due to the fact that insurance rates change frequently. If you had the lowest premium rates on Audi Q7 insurance in Fort Collins a couple years back you can probably find a better price now. Ignore everything you know about auto insurance because we're going to show you the proper way to properly buy coverages and cut your premium.
Auto insurance rates and discounts
Some insurance providers don't necessarily list the complete list of policy discounts in a way that's easy to find, so the following is a list of both well-publicized and the more hidden auto insurance savings.
- Theft Prevention System - Cars and trucks that have factory anti-theft systems are stolen with less frequency and can earn a small discount on your policy.
- Accident Forgiveness Coverage - This one isn't a discount, but companies like Liberty Mutual, Allstate and State Farm permit an accident before your rates go up if you are claim-free for a certain period of time.
- Bundled Policy Discount - If you insure your home and vehicles and insure them with the same company you could get a discount of over 10 percent off each policy depending on the company.
- Life Insurance Discount - Select companies reward you with a small discount if you purchase some life insurance in addition to your auto policy.
- Distant Student Discount - College-age children who are enrolled in higher education away from home and won't have access to an insured vehicle can receive lower rates.
- Early Switch Discount - A few auto insurance companies allow discounts for switching to them early. The savings is around 10%.
- Defensive Driver - Successfully completing a safe driver course can save you 5% or more if your company offers it.
- Good Driver Discounts - Accident-free drivers can save up to 40% or more on their Fort Collins auto insurance quote as compared to drivers with claims.
As a footnote on discounts, most discount credits are not given to all coverage premiums. Most only reduce the cost of specific coverages such as collision or personal injury protection. If you do the math and it seems like all the discounts add up to a free policy, insurance companies wouldn't stay in business.
A few of the larger companies and some of their more popular discounts are detailed below.
- Progressive offers discounts for good student, homeowner, continuous coverage, online quote discount, multi-policy, and online signing.
- AAA has savings for good driver, pay-in-full, AAA membership discount, multi-policy, multi-car, and education and occupation.
- Farmers Insurance offers discounts including pay in full, bundle discounts, switch companies, business and professional, and homeowner.
- GEICO policyholders can earn discounts including seat belt use, anti-lock brakes, defensive driver, emergency military deployment, and air bags.
- Esurance may have discounts that include online quote, defensive driver, safety device, Pac-12 alumni, online shopper, homeowner, and DriveSense.
- SAFECO discounts include drive less, multi-car, teen safe driver, bundle discounts, and safe driver.
- State Farm has discounts for multiple autos, defensive driving training, good student, anti-theft, student away at school, accident-free, and good driver.
Double check with each company to give you their best rates. All car insurance discounts may not apply to policyholders in your state.
Finding low cost Audi Q7 insurance rates doesn't have to be difficult. The only thing you need to do is invest a few minutes getting comparison quotes provided by online insurance companies.
The companies in the list below are ready to provide quotes in Colorado. If several companies are displayed, we recommend you get rate quotes from several of them to get the best price comparison.
|Model||Comp||Collision||Liability||Medical||UM/UIM||Annual Premium||Monthly Premium|
|Q7 3.6 Quattro||$178||$324||$330||$20||$98||$950||$79|
|Q7 3.6 Premium||$360||$762||$396||$24||$118||$1,660||$138|
|Q7 3.0 Premium Turbo||$258||$480||$474||$28||$142||$1,382||$115|
|Q7 3.6 Quattro Turbo Diesel||$300||$576||$426||$26||$128||$1,456||$121|
|Q7 3.6 Premium Plus||$428||$620||$460||$28||$138||$1,674||$140|
|Q7 3.6 Prestige S-Line||$402||$946||$456||$28||$136||$1,968||$164|
|Q7 3.6 Prestige||$294||$640||$456||$28||$136||$1,554||$130|
|Q7 3.6 Premium Plus SLINE||$238||$482||$338||$20||$100||$1,178||$98|
|Q7 3.0 Premium Plus S-Line Turbo||$306||$566||$352||$20||$106||$1,350||$113|
|Q7 3.0 Premium Plus Turbo||$264||$554||$368||$22||$110||$1,318||$110|
|Q7 3.0 Prestige S-Line Turbo||$416||$770||$362||$22||$108||$1,678||$140|
|Q7 3.0 Prestige||$260||$482||$338||$20||$100||$1,200||$100|
|Q7 4.2 Prestige Turbo||$320||$640||$456||$28||$136||$1,580||$132|
|Q7 4.2 Prestige S-Line 8Cyl||$394||$794||$456||$28||$136||$1,808||$151|
|Q7 4.2 Quattro||$258||$470||$330||$20||$98||$1,176||$98|
|Get Your Own Custom Quote Go|
Prices above based on married female driver age 50, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, $500 deductibles, and Colorado minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include multi-policy, multi-vehicle, safe-driver, claim-free, and homeowner. Price estimates do not factor in specific Fort Collins garaging location which can raise or lower premiums greatly.
Tickets and at-fault accidents raise rates
The illustration below highlights how traffic violations and accidents impact Audi Q7 insurance prices for different age groups. Data assumes a single female driver, full coverage, $1,000 deductibles, and no additional discounts are factored in.
Comparison of auto insurance rates by gender
The example below shows the difference between Audi Q7 auto insurance costs for male and female drivers. The premiums are based on no driving violations, no at-fault accidents, full coverage, $1,000 deductibles, marital status is single, and no additional discounts are factored in.
Policy deductible comparison
The diagram below highlights how deductible choice and can affect Audi Q7 insurance rates for each age group. The rates are based on a married male driver, full physical damage coverage, and no policy discounts are applied.
Learn How to Get Car Insurance at a Discount
It's important that you understand a few of the rating criteria that play a part in calculating your policy premiums. When consumers understand what positively or negatively impacts your premiums, this enables informed choices that could help you find lower car insurance prices.
Shown below are a few of the "ingredients" that factor into your rates.
City traffic equals higher costs - Choosing to live in a rural area may provide you with better prices if you are looking for the lowest rates. Drivers in populated areas have much more traffic and a longer drive to work. Less people living in that area means a lower chance of having an accident.
Frequent policy claims will cost more - Companies in Colorado generally give most affordable rates to insureds that do not abuse their auto insurance. If you're an insured who likes to file claims you can look forward to either a policy non-renewal or much higher rates. Your car insurance is intended for more catastrophic claims.
Cheaper to insure women? - Statistics demonstrate females are less aggressive when driving. However, don't assume that females are better at driving than males. Females and males cause accidents in similar numbers, but the males have costlier accidents. Not only that, but men also receive more major tickets like DUI and reckless driving. Males from age 16 to 21 generally have the highest accident percentage so it costs more to insure them.
Older drivers pay less - Beginning drivers in Colorado tend to be easily distracted with other occupants in the car so they pay higher car insurance rates. If you've ever had to add a teenage driver onto your car insurance can be very expensive. Mature drivers tend to be more responsible, statistically cause fewer accidents, and are generally more financially stable.
Single vs. married - Having a significant other may earn you lower rates when shopping for car insurance. It means you're more responsible it has been statistically shown that married couples file fewer claims.
Credit history impacts costs - Credit score is likely to be a major factor in determining your rates. People that have good credit tend to be more responsible than drivers with lower credit scores. Therefore, if your credit score is not that good, you could potentially save money when insuring your Audi Q7 if you improve your credit rating.
Safety ratings are a factor - Cars with five star safety ratings are cheaper to insure. The safest vehicles reduce the chance of injuries and fewer injuries means less claims paid and more competitive rates for policyholders. If your Audi earned at least four stars on Safercar.gov it may be receiving lower rates.
Pleasure use or commuting - The more miles you rack up on your Audi annually the higher the price you pay to insure it. A lot of insurance companies calculate prices based upon how the vehicle is primarily used. Vehicles that have low annual miles qualify for better rates than those used for commuting. An incorrectly rated Q7 is just wasting money. It's a smart idea to ensure your policy is showing the correct usage for each vehicle.
Audi Q7 claim data - Insurance companies analyze the history of losses to determine a rate that will be profitable for them. Vehicles that the statistics show to have higher losses will have a higher cost to insure. The table shown below demonstrates the insurance loss data for Audi Q7 vehicles.
For each coverage type, the loss probability for all vehicles as a whole is equal to 100. Values below 100 indicate a favorable loss history, while percentage numbers above 100 indicate a higher chance of having a claim or statistically larger losses.
Car Insurance Loss Data for Audi Q7 Models
|Specific Audi Model||Collision||Property Damage||Comp||Personal Injury||Medical Payment||Bodily Injury|
|Audi Q7 4dr 4WD||162||96||164||53||54||76|
Data Source: iihs.org (Insurance Institute for Highway Safety) for 2013-2015 Model Years
There's no such thing as the perfect insurance policy
When quoting and choosing adequate coverage for your vehicles, there really is not a perfect coverage plan. Your needs are unique to you.
For instance, these questions might help in determining whether or not you will benefit from professional help.
- When should I not buy collision coverage?
- Should I drop comprehensive coverage on older vehicles?
- What is PIP insurance?
- Does my policy cover my teen driver if they drive my company car?
- Does coverage extend to a rental car in a foreign country?
- Should I rate my Audi Q7 as pleasure use or commute?
- How much can I save by bundling my policies?
If you don't know the answers to these questions but you think they might apply to your situation, you might consider talking to a licensed insurance agent. To find an agent in your area, complete this form. It's fast, free and may give you better protection.
Shop online but buy locally
Some consumers prefer to have an agent's advice and that is not a bad decision Good insurance agents can help determine the best coverages and help file insurance claims. One of the best bonuses of price shopping on the web is the fact that drivers can get cheap rate quotes and still have a local agent. Putting coverage with local insurance agents is important especially in Fort Collins.
To make it easy to find an agent, after completing this form (opens in new window), your coverage information is immediately sent to local insurance agents in Fort Collins that can give you free Fort Collins auto insurance quotes and help you find cheaper coverage. It's much easier because you don't need to search for any insurance agencies since price quotes are sent directly to your email. If you wish to compare rates from a particular provider, don't hesitate to jump over to their website and fill out their quote form.
Finding a good insurance company requires you to look at more than just a cheap quote. Agents should be asked these questions:
- Do they have a Better Business Bureau rating in Fort Collins?
- Is auto insurance their primary focus in Fort Collins?
- Do they have 24-hour customer assistance?
- Can you get a list of referrals?
- Which insurance company do they prefer to write with?
- What are their preferred companies if they are an independent agency?
- Are they full-time agents?
- Will the agent help in case of a claim?
After you get good answers for all questions you ask and a low price estimate, chances are good that you have found an insurance company that can be relied on to adequately provide insurance. But keep in mind policyholders can cancel a policy any time you want so never feel you're contractually obligated to a policy for the full term.
Three reasons car insurance is important
Even though it's not necessarily cheap to insure an Audi in Fort Collins, paying for car insurance serves an important purpose.
- Most states have mandatory insurance requirements which means state laws require a minimum amount of liability insurance in order to drive the car legally. In Colorado these limits are 25/50/15 which means you must have $25,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $50,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $15,000 of property damage coverage.
- If your Audi has a lienholder, more than likely the lender will require that you have physical damage coverage to ensure the loan is repaid in case of a total loss. If you cancel or allow the policy to lapse, the lender will be forced to insure your Audi at an extremely high rate and require you to pay a much higher amount than you were paying before.
- Car insurance protects not only your Audi but also your assets. It will also reimburse you for hospital and medical expenses for you, any passengers, and anyone injured in an accident. One policy coverage, liability insurance, also pays for attorney fees and expenses if you are sued as the result of your driving. If damage is caused by hail or an accident, your car insurance policy will pay to repair the damage.
The benefits of buying car insurance are without a doubt worth the cost, especially when you need to use it. An average driver in America is wasting up to $869 every year so shop around each time the policy renews to ensure rates are inline.
Shop around and save
We just covered many tips how you can reduce Audi Q7 insurance rates online in Fort Collins. The most important thing to understand is the more times you quote, the better likelihood of getting the cheapest Audi Q7 rate quotes. Drivers may even discover the best rates are with a smaller regional carrier.
Lower-priced Audi Q7 insurance in Fort Collins is possible online as well as from independent agents in Fort Collins, so you should compare both in order to have the best chance of saving money. Some insurance companies do not provide internet price quotes and many times these small insurance companies only sell through independent insurance agencies.
Insureds switch companies for a variety of reasons including being labeled a high risk driver, high prices, policy non-renewal or poor customer service. Regardless of your reason, finding a great new company is not as difficult as it may seem.
Additional detailed information is available in the articles below:
- How to Avoid Common Accidents (State Farm)
- How Much is Colorado Auto Insurance for Low Credit Scores? (FAQ)
- Which Company has the Cheapest Auto Insurance in Colorado Springs, CO? (FAQ)
- Which Company has the Cheapest Car Insurance in Northglenn, Colorado? (FAQ)
- What is the Cheapest Car Insurance in Commerce City, Colorado? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Colorado Auto Insurance for Infrequent Drivers? (FAQ)
- What Car Insurance is Cheapest in Arvada, Colorado? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable Auto Insurance for Government Employees in Colorado? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable Auto Insurance for Low Mileage Drivers in Colorado? (FAQ)
- Rental Reimbursement Coverage (Allstate)
- Preventing Carjacking and Theft (Insurance Information Institute)
- Red Light Cameras (State Farm)
- What Determines the Price of My Auto Insurance Policy? (Insurance Information Institute)