How long have you put off shopping around for cheaper Audi A5 insurance in Denver? Trying to find better insurance prices for an Audi A5 in Colorado can normally be difficult, but you can learn the following methods to make it easier. There are more efficient ways to buy car insurance and you need to know the proper way to get price quotes on a Audi and get the lowest possible price from both online companies and Denver agents.
Shocking but true, nearly 70% of Colorado drivers renewed their policy with the same company for more than four years, and approximately 38% of consumers have never even compared rates from other companies. Drivers in America could save an average of about $860 each year by just shopping around, but most undervalue how much they could save if they switched to a more affordable policy.
Finding the cheapest insurance coverage in Denver seems hard but is not really that difficult. If you have a policy now or need new coverage, you can follow these tips to reduce the price you pay while maximizing coverage. Drivers just have to use the quickest method to compare different rates instantly.
How to buy Denver Audi A5 insurance online
Most companies such as State Farm, GEICO and Progressive allow you to get prices for coverage direct online. This process is pretty easy because it's just a matter of typing in your personal and coverage information into the quote form. Behind the scenes, their rating system obtains credit information and your driving record and gives you a price quote based on the information you submitted.
This makes comparing rates easy, and it's also necessary to get many rate quotes in order to get the lowest payment.
To get comparison pricing now, take a look at the companies shown below. If you have coverage now, it's recommended you enter coverages and limits exactly as shown on your declarations page. Doing this assures you're receiving a fair comparison for exact coverage.
The providers in the list below provide free rate quotes in Denver, CO. If more than one company is shown, we suggest you click on several of them to get a more complete price comparison.
|Model||Comp||Collision||Liability||Medical||UM/UIM||Annual Premium||Monthly Premium|
|A5 2.0T Quattro Premium 2-Dr Coupe||$326||$726||$338||$20||$102||$1,512||$126|
|A5 2.0T Quattro Premium Plus 2-Dr Coupe||$182||$382||$314||$18||$94||$990||$83|
|A5 3.2 Quattro Prestige 2-Dr Coupe||$210||$442||$298||$18||$90||$1,058||$88|
|A5 3.2 Quattro Premium Plus 2-Dr Coupe||$266||$596||$286||$16||$86||$1,250||$104|
|A5 2.0T Quattro Prestige 2-Dr Coupe||$214||$470||$280||$16||$84||$1,064||$89|
|A5 2.0T Premium 2-Dr Convertible||$278||$566||$352||$20||$106||$1,322||$110|
|A5 2.0T Premium Plus 2-Dr Convertible||$182||$454||$396||$24||$118||$1,174||$98|
|A5 2.0T Quattro Prestige S-Line 2-Dr Coupe||$340||$696||$404||$24||$120||$1,584||$132|
|A5 2.0T Prestige S-Line 2-Dr Convertible||$360||$822||$396||$24||$118||$1,720||$143|
|A5 2.0T Prestige 2-Dr Convertible||$200||$432||$368||$22||$110||$1,132||$94|
|A5 3.2 Quattro Prestige S-Line 2-Dr Coupe||$232||$492||$298||$18||$90||$1,130||$94|
|Get Your Own Custom Quote Go|
Prices above based on married male driver age 30, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, $1,000 deductibles, and Colorado minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include multi-policy, homeowner, safe-driver, claim-free, and multi-vehicle. Estimates do not factor in zip code location which can revise premiums considerably.
Raise deductibles and save
The diagram below illustrates how choosing a deductible and can affect Audi A5 insurance costs for each different age group. The costs are based on a married female driver, full physical damage coverage, and no additional discounts are factored in.
Take policy discounts and save on Audi A5 insurance in Denver
Companies offering auto insurance do not advertise all their discounts in an easy-to-find place, so we took the time to find some of the more common and the more hidden ways to save on insurance. If you aren't receiving every discount you deserve, you could be saving more on your insurance.
- Sign Online - A handful of insurance companies will give a small break simply for signing on the internet.
- Telematics Data Discounts - People who choose to allow their company to track their driving habits through the use of a telematics system such as Snapshot from Progressive or Drivewise from Allstate could save a few bucks if they are good drivers.
- Discount for Home Ownership - Being a homeowner can help you save on insurance due to the fact that maintaining a home means you have a higher level of financial diligence.
- Seat Belts Save more than Lives - Forcing all vehicle occupants to fasten their seat belts could cut 10% or more off PIP or medical payments premium.
- ABS and Traction Control Discounts - Cars and trucks with ABS and/or traction control prevent accidents and therefore earn up to a 10% discount.
- Include Life Insurance and Save - Companies who offer life insurance give a discounted insurance rate on car insurance if you buy auto and life insurance together.
- Theft Prevention System - Vehicles equipped with tracking devices and advanced anti-theft systems are less likely to be stolen and therefore earn up to a 10% discount.
- Membership in Organizations - Being in specific professional or occupational memberships or organizations may earn a discount on your next renewal.
- New Car Discount - Adding a new car to your policy can cost up to 25% less because newer models have to meet stringent safety requirements.
You can save money using discounts, but most discount credits are not given to the entire policy premium. Most only apply to individual premiums such as liability and collision coverage. Just because it seems like it's possible to get free car insurance, you won't be that lucky.
The best insurance companies and their possible discounts are detailed below.
- GEICO may offer discounts for military active duty, seat belt use, air bags, five-year accident-free, multi-policy, and federal employee.
- MetLife has discounts for good student, claim-free, defensive driver, good driver, and accident-free.
- Progressive offers discounts including online quote discount, good student, online signing, multi-policy, multi-vehicle, homeowner, and continuous coverage.
- Travelers may have discounts that include IntelliDrive, save driver, continuous insurance, early quote, and multi-policy.
- SAFECO policyholders can earn discounts including teen safe driver, teen safety rewards, anti-lock brakes, accident prevention training, anti-theft, and homeowner.
- AAA includes discounts for anti-theft, good student, education and occupation, multi-car, and multi-policy.
If you need the cheapest Audi A5 rate quotes, ask every company which discounts can lower your rates. Some of the discounts discussed earlier may not be offered in Denver.
When should I contact a local insurance agent?
Some consumers just want to talk to an insurance agent and that is not a bad decision Insurance agents can help you build your policy and help file insurance claims. One of the great benefits of comparing rate quotes online is that you can find the lowest rates but also keep your business local.
After filling out this short form, the quote information is immediately sent to agents in your area who can give free rate quotes and help you find cheaper coverage. It makes it easy because there is no need to leave your house due to the fact that quote results will go immediately to your email address. If you have a need to get a price quote from a particular provider, you just need to go to their quote page and fill out the quote form the provide.
Finding the right company needs to be determined by more than just a low price. These are valid questions to ask:
- Are glass claims handled on-site or do you have to take your vehicle to a repair shop?
- What are their preferred companies if they are an independent agency?
- Will vehicle repairs be made with aftermarket parts or OEM replacement parts?
- Is the quote a firm price?
- Do clients work directly with the agent or are most inquiries handled by a CSR?
- How many companies do they write for?
- Does the agency provide any after hours assistance?
If you are wanting to purchase auto insurance from a reliable insurance agency, there are two different types of agents and how they can service your needs differently. Auto insurance agents are classified as either independent or exclusive depending on the company they work for. Both types of agents can do a good job, but it's important to point out why they differ because it can factor into your agent selection.
Exclusive Insurance Agents
Exclusive insurance agents can only write with one company such as State Farm, AAA, and Liberty Mutual. Exclusive agents cannot compare rates from other companies so they are skilled at selling on more than just price. These agents are highly trained on their products and sales techniques and that allows them to sell at a higher price point. Consumers sometimes use the same agent mainly due to the brand and the convenience of having a single billing for all their coverages.
Listed below is a list of exclusive agencies in Denver that can give you price quote information.
- Caramel Russell-Rouse - State Farm Insurance Agent
999 S Monaco Pkwy #200 - Denver, CO 80224 - (303) 424-0420 - View Map
- Farmers Insurance Agent Mike
I-25 - Denver, CO 80231 - (303) 752-2900 - View Map
- Stephanie Sponder - State Farm Insurance Agent
671 E 19th Ave - Denver, CO 80203 - (303) 744-0757 - View Map
Independent Auto Insurance Agencies
Independent agents are normally appointed by many insurers and that is an advantage because they can write policies with an assortment of companies depending on which coverage is best. To move your coverage to a new company, they simply move the coverage in-house and the insured can keep the same agent. When comparing rate quotes, you absolutely need to get several quotes from at a minimum one independent agency to have the most options to choose from. Most have the option of insuring with smaller regional carriers which could offer lower prices.
The following is a list of independent insurance agencies in Denver that can give you price quotes.
- Nationwide Insurance: Lloyd Pro Group Agency
1400 S Columbine St - Denver, CO 80210 - (970) 230-3020 - View Map
- Alliance General Insurance Agency
2696 CO-2 - Denver, CO 80222 - (303) 377-1172 - View Map
- L A Insurance
2684 S Broadway - Denver, CO 80210 - (303) 282-8000 - View Map
Upon getting good answers to all your questions as well as offering an affordable quote, it's a good possibility that you have found an auto insurance agent that meets your needs to properly insure your vehicles. Keep in mind policyholders can cancel your policy whenever you wish so never assume you're contractually obligated to your new company for the full policy term.
When quoting and choosing the right insurance coverage for your vehicles, there isn't really a "best" method to buy coverage. Your situation is unique and your insurance should be unique as well. For instance, these questions can help discover whether you might need an agent's assistance.
- What companies insure drivers after a DUI or DWI?
- Where can I get insurance after a DUI in Colorado?
- Why am I be forced to buy a membership to get insurance from some companies?
- Am I covered if I hit a deer?
- Will damage be repaired with OEM parts?
- How do I file an SR-22 for a DUI in Colorado?
- Do I need an umbrella policy?
- What can I do if my company won't pay a claim?
- Do I have coverage if I rent a car in Mexico?
If it's difficult to answer those questions but a few of them apply, then you may want to think about talking to an insurance agent. To find lower rates from a local agent, simply complete this short form or go to this page to view a list of companies. It is quick, free and you can get the answers you need.
How do Insurance Providers Determine Audi A5 Insurance Costs?
Many things are used in the calculation when pricing auto insurance. Some factors are common sense such as your driving history, although others are not quite as obvious such as whether you are married or how financially stable you are.
The factors shown below are some of the most rate-impacting factors that factor into your rates.
Get a ticket, pay higher prices - Even a single speeding ticket can boost insurance rates twenty percent or more. Good drivers have lower premiums than bad drivers. Drivers with careless violations such as DUI or reckless driving may find they need to prove financial responsibility with their state motor vehicle department in order to prevent a license revocation.
Prices can change based on your address - Being located in less populated areas of the country is a good thing if you are looking for the lowest rates. Residents of big cities have to deal with congested traffic and more severe claims. Less people means fewer accidents in addition to fewer liability claims.
Better rates on cars with good safety ratings - Cars with five star safety ratings tend to have better insurance rates. Safer cars help reduce the chance of injuries in an accident and fewer injuries means less claims paid and cheaper rates on your policy. If your Audi A5 is rated at least an "acceptable" rating on the Insurance Institute for Highway Safety website or four stars on the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration website it is probably cheaper to insure.
Decrease auto insurance rates by maintaining coverage - Having an insurance coverage lapse is a fast way to pay more for auto insurance. And not only will insurance be more expensive, not being able to provide proof of insurance could result in a hefty fine and possibly a revoked license.
Little extras can really add up - Insurance policies have a lot of optional add-on coverages that you can get tricked into buying if you aren't careful. Add-on coverages like rental car coverage, towing, and motor club memberships are probably not needed. They may seem good when discussing your needs, but your needs may have changed so eliminate them to save money.
Do you really need to file that insurance claims? - If you are the type of insured that files lots of claims you can expect increased rates or even have your policy non-renewed. Car insurance companies in Colorado provide better rates to people who file claims infrequently. Insurance coverage is intended for more catastrophic claims.
Higher rates for tough vocations - Do you work in a high-stress field? Careers like doctors, air traffic controllers, and financial analysts tend to pay higher rates than the rest of us attributed to job stress and incredibly demanding work hours. Conversely, professions such as actors, students and performers get better rates.
Which gender costs less? - Over the last 30 years, statistics show that women are safer drivers than men. The data does not necessarily mean that women are better drivers. Females and males are responsible for auto accidents at a similar rate, but the males cause more damage and cost insurance companies more money. Men also tend to get ticketed for serious violations like DUI and reckless driving.
Claims statistics for an Audi A5 - Insurance companies analyze claim trends for every vehicle to determine a rate that will be profitable for them. Models that the data determines to have higher number or severity of losses will have higher premium rates.
The next table shows the insurance loss data used by companies for Audi A5 vehicles. For each insurance policy coverage type, the statistical loss for all vehicles combined as an average equals 100. Numbers that are below 100 indicate better than average losses, while percentages above 100 point to more frequent losses or a tendency for losses to be larger than average.
Audi A5 Insurance Loss Statistics
|Vehicle Model||Collision||Property Damage||Comp||Personal Injury||Medical Payment||Bodily Injury|
|Audi A5 2dr 4WD||196||92||140||73||83||100|
|Audi A5 Convertible 4WD||147||73||140||56|
Empty fields indicate not enough data collected
Statistics from IIHS.org for 2013-2015 Model Years
Why you need Audi A5 insurance in Colorado
Despite the high cost of buying insurance for a Audi A5 in Denver, buying car insurance is mandatory in Colorado but it also protects more than you think.
- Just about all states have minimum mandated liability insurance limits which means you are required to buy specific minimum amounts of liability insurance if you don't want to risk a ticket. In Colorado these limits are 25/50/15 which means you must have $25,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $50,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $15,000 of property damage coverage.
- If your vehicle has a lienholder, it's most likely the lender will require that you have full coverage to ensure loan repayment if the vehicle is totalled. If you do not keep the policy in force, the bank may insure your Audi at an extremely high rate and require you to fork over for the expensive policy.
- Insurance safeguards both your vehicle and your personal assets. It will also reimburse you for medical expenses for you, your passengers, and anyone else injured in an accident. Liability coverage, the one required by state law, also covers all legal expenses up to the policy limit if anyone sues you for causing an accident. If mother nature or an accident damages your car, comprehensive (other-than-collision) and collision coverage will cover the damage repairs after a deductible is paid.
The benefits of insuring your A5 are without a doubt worth the cost, particularly when you have a large claim. But the average driver in Colorado overpays more than $855 a year so shop around at least once a year to ensure rates are competitive.
Cheap auto insurance rates are possible
We covered many ideas to save on Audi A5 insurance in Denver. It's most important to understand that the more you quote Denver auto insurance, the higher the chance of saving money. You may even be surprised to find that the lowest priced auto insurance comes from a small local company. Smaller companies may cover specific market segments cheaper as compared to the big name companies such as Allstate, GEICO and Progressive.
The cheapest Audi A5 insurance in Denver can be bought both online and from local insurance agents, so you need to quote Denver auto insurance with both in order to have the best price selection to choose from. There are still a few companies who do not provide price quotes online and most of the time these small, regional companies prefer to sell through local independent agents.
Even more information can be read by following these links:
- Auto Crash Statistics (Insurance Information Institute)
- How Much is Colorado Auto Insurance for a Hyundai Elantra? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable Colorado Auto Insurance for a Honda Accord? (FAQ)
- What is the Cheapest Car Insurance in Commerce City, Colorado? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable Auto Insurance Rates for Teachers in Colorado? (FAQ)
- What Car Insurance is Cheapest for 18 Year Olds in Colorado? (FAQ)
- What Auto Insurance is Cheapest in Parker, Colorado? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Auto Insurance for Uber Drivers in Colorado? (FAQ)
- How Much is Auto Insurance for Used Cars in Colorado? (FAQ)
- Who Has the Cheapest Car Insurance for Ride Shares in Colorado? (FAQ)
- Steps to Take After an Auto Accident (Insurance Information Institute)
- Understanding Your Insurance Deductible (Insurance Information Institute)
- No-Fault Auto Insurance Statistics (Insurance Information Institute)
- What is Covered by GAP Insurance? (Allstate)