Are you at wits end from paying out the nose to buy insurance? You are in the same boat as many other Colorado drivers.
Surprisingly, a recent survey revealed that a large majority of consumers kept their policy with the same company for over three years, and almost half have never even compared rates from other companies. Most drivers in Colorado can save hundreds of dollars each year by just comparing quotes, but they underestimate the actual amount they would save if they switch to a new company.
Due to the abundance of options for buying affordable insurance for a Nissan Sentra in Colorado Springs, it can be diffult for drivers to find a lower cost insurer.
Locating the best rates in Colorado Springs is really quite simple as long as you have a good starting point. If you have coverage now, you will most likely be able to find better prices using the tips covered below. Nevertheless, Colorado consumers can benefit from knowing the way insurance companies calculate your policy premium because rates fluctuate considerably.
Reduce Insurance Rates with These Tips
Many factors are used in the calculation when you quote your car insurance policy. Some are obvious such as traffic violations, but some are less apparent such as your credit history or your vehicle rating.
- Getting married can lower rates - Having a spouse may save some money on your auto insurance policy. Marriage generally demonstrates drivers are more stable financially and it's statistically proven that married drivers get in fewer accidents.
- You may save more by bundling policies - Many auto insurance companies provide lower prices to customers who consolidate policies with them in the form of a multi-policy discount. The discount can add up to as much as ten percent or more Even if you're getting this discount it's always a smart idea to get quotes from other companies to confirm you are receiving the best rates possible.
- Pay more for higher performance vehicles - The make and model of the car you drive makes a substantial difference in your car insurance bill. Since the Nissan Sentra is classified as a sedan, insuring your vehicle will cost about the same as compared to the average rate in Colorado Springs. Lower performance four cylinder passenger models generally receive the lowest base rates, but that's not the only thing that factors into the final price.
- Raising deductibles saves money - Your deductibles are how much you are required to pay if the claim is covered. Protection for physical damage, otherwise known as comp (or other than collision) and collision, protects your car from damage. A few examples of covered claims are collision with another vehicle, collision with a deer, or theft of your vehicle. The more you're willing to pay, the less your company will charge you for insurance.
- Nissan Sentra claim probability - Companies analyze claim trends for every vehicle when determining insurance rates. Vehicles that tend to have higher number or severity of losses will have higher rates. The table below shows the insurance loss data used by companies for Nissan Sentra vehicles.
For each type of coverage, the claim amount for all vehicles, regardless of make or model, is set at 100. Numbers under 100 suggest a better than average loss history, while values over 100 indicate higher probability of having a loss or an increased likelihood of larger losses.
Nissan Sentra Insurance Claim Statistics
Make and Model Collision Property Damage Comp Personal Injury Medical Payment Bodily Injury Nissan Sentra 120 107 81 158 179 141
Statistics Source: Insurance Institute for Highway Safety for 2013-2015 Model Years
Compare Nissan Sentra insurance rates
To find inexpensive Colorado Springs car insurance quotes, there are several ways to compare rate quotes from local Colorado Springs insurance companies. The fastest way to compare Nissan Sentra insurance prices is to get quotes online.
It's so easy to compare rate quotes online that it makes it a waste of time to waste gas driving to insurance agencies in your area. The internet makes this process obsolete unless you have a complicated situation and need the trained advice that only an agent can give. Although you can obtain prices from the web but have your policy serviced through an agent. Just remember that comparing more prices increases the chance that you will find better pricing.
The providers in the list below offer price comparisons in Colorado Springs, CO. If several companies are displayed, we suggest you visit two to three different companies in order to find the lowest rates.
|Model||Comp||Collision||Liability||Medical||UM/UIM||Annual Premium||Monthly Premium|
|Sentra 2.0 S||$186||$426||$358||$22||$108||$1,100||$92|
|Sentra 2.0 SR||$258||$740||$426||$26||$128||$1,578||$132|
|Sentra 2.0 SL||$310||$538||$460||$28||$138||$1,474||$123|
|Sentra SE-R SPEC V||$164||$448||$426||$26||$128||$1,192||$99|
|Get Your Own Custom Quote Go|
Table data represents single male driver age 40, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, $1,000 deductibles, and Colorado minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include multi-policy, safe-driver, claim-free, multi-vehicle, and homeowner. Price estimates do not factor in vehicle garaging location which can lower or raise coverage prices significantly.
Impact of careless driving on Colorado Springs auto insurance rates
The information below illustrates how speeding tickets and accidents can affect Nissan Sentra premium costs for different insured age categories. The information is based on a married female driver, comprehensive and collision coverage, $250 deductibles, and no discounts are taken into consideration.
Insurance advertising tricks
Popular auto insurance providers such as Progressive, GEICO, Allstate and State Farm seem to constantly run ads on TV and radio. They all seem to try to convey promises that you'll save big just by switching to them. That's great but how can every company charge you a lower premium? Here is the trick they use.
Most companies look for specific characteristics for the type of insured that earns them a profit. One example of this type of driver could be over the age of 40, has never had a claim, and chooses high deductibles. Any new insured that hits that "sweet spot" will probably get cheap prices and will most likely save when they switch companies.
Consumers who are not a match for those criteria may receive higher prices and this can result in business not being written. If you listen closely, the ads state "customers that switch" but not "all drivers who get quotes" can get the lowest rates when switching. That's why insurance companies can confidently make those claims. This really illustrates why you really should compare quotes as often as possible. It is impossible to predict which auto insurance company will have the best car insurance rates for your profile.
Three reasons to not skimp on auto insurance
Even though it's not necessarily cheap to insure a Nissan in Colorado Springs, insuring your vehicle is mandatory in Colorado but it also protects more than you think.
- The majority of states have mandatory liability insurance requirements which means you are required to buy a specific minimum amount of liability insurance in order to get the vehicle licensed. In Colorado these limits are 25/50/15 which means you must have $25,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $50,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $15,000 of property damage coverage.
- If you took out a loan on your Sentra, it's guaranteed your bank will stipulate that you have comprehensive coverage to ensure the loan is repaid in case of a total loss. If you do not keep the policy in force, the bank may insure your Nissan at an extremely high rate and require you to fork over for the expensive policy.
- Auto insurance protects your car and your assets. Insurance will pay for most medical and hospital costs incurred in an accident. Liability insurance, one of your policy coverages, will also pay attorney fees if you cause an accident and are sued. If your car is damaged in a storm or accident, your policy will cover the repair costs.
The benefits of having auto insurance more than offset the price you pay, particularly for liability claims. The average driver in Colorado is overpaying more than $810 a year so it's recommended you shop around at every renewal to be sure current rates are still competitive.
Do you qualify for discounts?
Car insurance can cost a lot, but there's a good chance there are discounts that could drop your premiums quite a bit. A few discounts will be applied when you quote, but less common discounts must be inquired about before you get the savings.
- Discount for New Cars - Insuring a vehicle that is new is cheaper since newer models are generally safer.
- Drive Less and Save - Driving less can qualify you for cheaper premium rates.
- Anti-theft System - Cars optioned with advanced anti-theft systems can help prevent theft and will save you 10% or more on Sentra insurance in Colorado Springs.
- Telematics Discount - Colorado Springs drivers who agree to allow companies to spy on when and where they use their vehicle by using a telematics device in their vehicle such as In-Drive from State Farm or Allstate's Drivewise system may get a rate reduction as long as they are good drivers.
- Active Service Discounts - Being on active deployment in the military could trigger a small discount.
- Seat Belts Save - Using a seat belt and requiring all passengers to use a seat belt can save up to 10 percent (depending on the company) off the personal injury premium cost.
- College Student Discount - College-age children who live away from home at college and do not have access to a covered vehicle could get you a discount.
- Auto/Life Discount - Some insurance carriers give lower prices if you buy some life insurance too.
- Save with More Vehicles Insured - Insuring multiple cars with one company could earn a price break for each car.
Keep in mind that most credits do not apply to the entire cost. Most only cut specific coverage prices like collision or personal injury protection. So even though it sounds like having all the discounts means you get insurance for free, you're out of luck.
Popular insurance companies and a summarized list of policyholder discounts can be read below.
- State Farm offers discounts for anti-theft, Steer Clear safe driver discount, good driver, passive restraint, Drive Safe & Save, multiple autos, and multiple policy.
- Farmers Insurance may offer discounts for business and professional, good student, switch companies, alternative fuel, early shopping, and teen driver.
- Progressive may include discounts for multi-policy, multi-vehicle, online quote discount, online signing, and good student.
- GEICO has savings for good student, defensive driver, air bags, driver training, military active duty, and anti-lock brakes.
- Auto-Owners Insurance offers premium reductions for group or association, safe vehicle, multi-policy, paperless, and safe driver.
- The Hartford discounts include good student, air bag, vehicle fuel type, defensive driver, driver training, bundle, and anti-theft.
- Farm Bureau includes discounts for multi-vehicle, renewal discount, 55 and retired, safe driver, youthful driver, driver training, and good student.
- USAA offers discounts including safe driver, vehicle storage, multi-vehicle, new vehicle, family discount, multi-policy, and military installation.
Before you buy a policy, ask every prospective company which discounts you qualify for. Some of the earlier mentioned discounts might not be offered on policies in every state. If you would like to view insurance companies who offer online Nissan Sentra insurance quotes in Colorado Springs, follow this link.
When do I need to talk to an agent?
A small number of people would rather go talk to an agent and that is a smart decision One of the great benefits of comparing car insurance online is that drivers can save money and get cheap car insurance quotes and still have an agent to talk to.
Upon completion of this form (opens in new window), your insurance data is emailed to local insurance agents in Colorado Springs who can give free rate quotes to get your business. You won't need to leave your computer since rate quotes are delivered to you directly. You can find the lowest rates without requiring a lot of work. If you wish to compare prices from one company in particular, you can always go to their quote page and fill out their quote form.
Picking the best insurer should depend on more than just a cheap price. Get answers to these questions too.
- Does the company use OEM repair parts?
- Will you work with the agent or an assistant?
- How many companies do they write for?
- How much training do they have in personal risk management?
- How long has the business existed?
The difference between Colorado Springs car insurance agents
When researching a local Colorado Springs insurance agent, there are two different types of agents and how they operate. Agencies in Colorado Springs can be categorized as either independent (non-exclusive) or exclusive.
Exclusive Car Insurance Agents
Agents that elect to be exclusive normally can only provide a single company's rates and some examples include American Family, State Farm, and Allstate. They usually cannot compare rates from other companies so they are skilled at selling on more than just price. Exclusive agents are well trained in insurance sales and that enables them to sell even at higher rates.
Listed below is a short list of exclusive agencies in Colorado Springs who can help you get comparison quotes.
Ross Silva Agency - American Family Insurance
2746 E Bijou St - Colorado Springs, CO 80909 - (719) 597-2800 - View Map
Larry Lucero - State Farm Insurance Agent
5225 Academy Blvd N #108 - Colorado Springs, CO 80918 - (719) 599-8661 - View Map
Independent agencies are not restricted to one company and that is an advantage because they can write policies with many different companies and find you cheaper rates. If they find a lower price, they simply move the coverage in-house and you won't have to switch agencies.
When comparing car insurance prices, we recommend you compare prices from at least one independent agent in order to have the best price comparison.
Shown below are Colorado Springs independent agents that are able to give price quotes.
If you receive positive responses for all questions you ask and a low price estimate, chances are good that you have found an auto insurance agent that meets the requirements to properly insure your vehicles.
How much car insurance do I need?
Keep in mind that when it comes to choosing adequate coverage for your vehicles, there isn't really a best way to insure your cars. Each situation is unique and your car insurance should be unique as well. Here are some questions about coverages that might help in determining whether you might need an agent's assistance.
- Is my babysitter covered when using my vehicle?
- Are there any extra discounts I can get?
- What is the rate difference between pleasure use and commuting?
- Does my insurance cover a custom paint job?
- Should I rate my vehicle as business use?
- What is an umbrella policy?
- Do I need more liability coverage?
- Which companies will insure high-risk drivers?
- What companies insure drivers after a DUI or DWI?
- Does my policy pay for OEM or aftermarket parts?
If it's difficult to answer those questions but one or more may apply to you, you may need to chat with a licensed insurance agent. If you don't have a local agent, fill out this quick form or you can go here for a list of companies in your area.
In the end, you can save money
As you go through the steps to switch your coverage, do not reduce needed coverages to save money. In many cases, consumers will sacrifice liability limits or collision coverage and learned later that the savings was not a smart move. Your goal should be to get the best coverage possible for the lowest price, but don't skip important coverages to save money.
We covered a lot of tips how to shop for Nissan Sentra insurance online. The key thing to remember is the more providers you compare, the better likelihood of getting low cost Colorado Springs car insurance quotes. Consumers could even find that the most savings is with a small local company. Some small companies often have lower rates on specific markets compared to the large companies like Progressive and GEICO.
- Red Light Cameras (State Farm)
- Who Has Cheap Colorado Auto Insurance for Welfare Recipients? (FAQ)
- What Car Insurance is Cheapest for a Jeep Grand Cherokee in Colorado? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Auto Insurance Quotes for Good Drivers in Colorado? (FAQ)
- Insurance losses by make and model (Insurance Institute for Highway Safety)
- State Car Insurance Guides (GEICO)