Have you finally had enough of sacrificing to pay insurance each month? You are no different than the majority of other drivers in Colorado.
A recent survey discovered that the vast majority of drivers have purchased from the same company for over three years, and virtually 40% of consumers have never even compared rates from other companies. The average driver in Colorado could save as much as $610 every year just by getting comparison quotes, but they just assume it takes a lot of time to go online and compare rates. Big companies like GEICO and Progressive persitently shower you with advertising and consumers find it hard to ignore the propaganda and do the work needed to find the best deal.
Best Lexus LFA insurance rates in Colorado
The auto insurance companies shown below provide price comparisons in Colorado. If multiple companies are shown, it's a good idea that you compare several of them to get a more complete price comparison.
Cheap Lexus LFA insurance in Colorado Springs
Companies do not advertise the entire discount list in a way that's easy to find, so the next list breaks down some of the best known and the harder-to-find insurance savings.
- Senior Discount - If you're over the age of 55, you are able to get better insurance rates.
- Defensive Driving Course - Completing a safe driver class may get you a small discount depending on where you live.
- Drive Safe and Save - Drivers without accidents could pay up to 40% less than drivers with accidents.
- Multi-car Discount - Buying insurance for multiple cars on the same insurance policy may reduce the rate for each vehicle.
- Driving Data Discount - Insureds that choose to allow their insurance company to look at driving habits by using a telematics device in their vehicle such as Drivewise from Allstate or Snapshot from Progressive could see a rate decrease if their driving habits are good.
- Early Payment Discounts - By paying your entire bill at once instead of making monthly payments you may reduce your total bill.
- Use Seat Belts - Buckling up and requiring all passengers to use their safety belts can save up to 15% on the medical payments or PIP coverage costs.
- New Car Discount - Putting insurance coverage on a new LFA is cheaper since new model year vehicles are generally safer.
- Military Deployment Discount - Having an actively deployed family member may lower your premium rates slightly.
As a disclaimer on discounts, most credits do not apply to the overall cost of the policy. The majority will only reduce individual premiums such as medical payments or collision. Even though the math looks like adding up those discounts means a free policy, companies don't profit that way.
The best insurance companies and their possible discounts include:
- State Farm offers discounts including student away at school, Steer Clear safe driver discount, Drive Safe & Save, safe vehicle, and anti-theft.
- American Family includes discounts for Steer into Savings, air bags, accident-free, bundled insurance, multi-vehicle, good driver, and good student.
- AAA has discounts for pay-in-full, education and occupation, good driver, good student, anti-theft, multi-car, and AAA membership discount.
- GEICO may have discounts that include multi-policy, multi-vehicle, driver training, air bags, and military active duty.
- Mercury Insurance discounts include annual mileage, good student, accident-free, professional/association, good driver, and multi-car.
- Farmers Insurance offers premium reductions for switch companies, bundle discounts, alternative fuel, early shopping, homeowner, teen driver, and business and professional.
- Progressive offers discounts for continuous coverage, good student, online signing, online quote discount, multi-policy, multi-vehicle, and homeowner.
When getting a coverage quote, ask every insurance company to apply every possible discount. Some credits may not be available in Colorado Springs. To view companies who offer discounts in Colorado, follow this link.
You may require the services of an insurance agency
Many drivers would prefer to sit down and talk to an agent and doing so can bring peace of mind Most agents can point out coverage gaps and help in the event of a claim. An additional benefit of getting online price quotes is you can get the best rates and still have a local agent. Supporting small agencies is important particularly in Colorado Springs.
After completing this simple form, your insurance coverage information is submitted to agents in your area that provide free Colorado Springs auto insurance quotes for your coverage. It's much easier because you don't need to contact any insurance agencies since price quotes are sent straight to your inbox. In the event you want to quote rates from a specific auto insurance provider, you can always jump over to their website and fill out their quote form.
Finding a good insurance company should include more criteria than just a cheap price. These are some valid questions you should ask.
- Do they have any clout with companies to ensure a fair claim settlement?
- Are there any discounts for paying up front?
- Is the quote a firm price?
- What insurance companies do they work with in Colorado Springs?
- How much can you save by raising your physical damage deductibles?
- How experienced are they in personal risk management?
- What is the financial rating for the quoted company?
- Can glass repairs be made at your home?
The coverage is in the details
Having a good grasp of a car insurance policy can be of help when determining appropriate coverage and the correct deductibles and limits. The coverage terms in a policy can be ambiguous and nobody wants to actually read their policy. Shown next are typical coverages available from car insurance companies.
Protection from uninsured/underinsured drivers - This protects you and your vehicle from other drivers when they are uninsured or don't have enough coverage. This coverage pays for medical payments for you and your occupants as well as your vehicle's damage.
Since a lot of drivers only carry the minimum required liability limits (which is 25/50/15), their limits can quickly be used up. So UM/UIM coverage is important protection for you and your family. Usually these limits are set the same as your liability limits.
Collision coverages - Collision insurance pays for damage to your LFA resulting from a collision with a stationary object or other vehicle. A deductible applies then your collision coverage will kick in.
Collision coverage protects against things such as backing into a parked car, sideswiping another vehicle, colliding with another moving vehicle, hitting a parking meter and crashing into a ditch. Collision coverage makes up a good portion of your premium, so consider dropping it from older vehicles. It's also possible to raise the deductible on your LFA to save money on collision insurance.
Comprehensive (Other than Collision) - This will pay to fix damage that is not covered by collision coverage. A deductible will apply then your comprehensive coverage will pay.
Comprehensive insurance covers things like hitting a deer, hitting a bird, theft and rock chips in glass. The maximum amount you can receive from a comprehensive claim is the actual cash value, so if it's not worth much more than your deductible consider dropping full coverage.
Coverage for liability - This will cover damages or injuries you inflict on other people or property by causing an accident. It protects YOU against claims from other people. It does not cover damage sustained by your vehicle in an accident.
It consists of three limits, bodily injury for each person injured, bodily injury for the entire accident and a property damage limit. Your policy might show policy limits of 25/50/15 that means you have a limit of $25,000 per injured person, $50,000 for the entire accident, and $15,000 of coverage for damaged propery. Occasionally you may see a combined single limit or CSL which provides one coverage limit with no separate limits for injury or property damage.
Liability coverage pays for claims such as emergency aid, repair bills for other people's vehicles, bail bonds and loss of income. How much liability should you purchase? That is up to you, but buy as high a limit as you can afford. Colorado requires minimum liability limits of 25/50/15 but drivers should carry more coverage.
Medical expense insurance - Medical payments and Personal Injury Protection insurance reimburse you for expenses such as dental work, EMT expenses, nursing services, rehabilitation expenses and ambulance fees. The coverages can be used in conjunction with a health insurance policy or if you lack health insurance entirely. Coverage applies to all vehicle occupants in addition to any family member struck as a pedestrian. Personal Injury Protection is not available in all states and gives slightly broader coverage than med pay
Cheap car insurance prices are available
We just presented some good ideas how to get a better price on Lexus LFA insurance in Colorado Springs. It's most important to understand that the more times you quote, the higher the chance of saving money. You may even discover the most savings is with an unexpected company. These smaller insurers can often provide lower auto insurance rates in certain areas as compared to the big name companies such as State Farm, GEICO and Nationwide.
When searching for affordable Lexus LFA insurance quotes, it's very important that you do not reduce needed coverages to save money. There have been many cases where an accident victim reduced liability coverage limits and found out when filing a claim they didn't have enough coverage. Your goal is to purchase plenty of coverage at an affordable rate, but don't skip important coverages to save money.
Additional car insurance information can be found on the following sites:
- How Can I Save Money on Auto Insurance? (Insurance Information Institute)
- What Auto Insurance is Cheapest for Handicapped Drivers in Colorado? (FAQ)
- What Insurance is Cheapest for a Ford Explorer in Colorado? (FAQ)
- Who Has the Cheapest Car Insurance Rates with Multiple Speeding Tickets in Colorado? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Car Insurance Rates for 19 Year Olds in Colorado? (FAQ)
- Hybrid vehicles cost insurers more (Insurance Institute for Highway Safety)
- All About Airbag Safety (State Farm)
- Drunk Driving Statistics (Insurance Information Institute)
- Should I Purchase an Umbrella Liability Policy? (Insurance Information Institute)