How many times have you told yourself to find more competitive Hyundai Equus insurance in Colorado Springs? Do you get exhausted from paying out the nose to buy insurance? You're in the same situation as the majority of other consumers in Colorado.
It's hard to fathom, but nearly 70% of drivers kept buying from the same company for at least the last four years, and approximately 40% of consumers have never taken the time to shop around. Most drivers in Colorado Springs could save an average of as much as 35% each year by just shopping around, but most undervalue how much savings they would realize if they replace their high priced policy. You have multiple insurers to buy insurance from, and although it's a good thing to have a selection, it can be more difficult to compare company pricing for Hyundai Equus insurance in Colorado Springs.
Cheap companies for Hyundai Equus insurance
The companies shown below can provide comparison quotes in Colorado Springs, CO. If the list has multiple companies, it's highly recommended you visit several of them to get a more complete price comparison.
Colorado Springs insurance discounts
Some companies don't always publicize the complete list of policy discounts in a way that's easy to find, so below is a list both well-publicized and also the more inconspicuous ways to save on insurance. If you aren't receiving every discount possible, you're paying more than you need to.
- Discount for Swiching Early - A few larger companies give discounts for buying a new policy early. It can save you around 10%.
- Mature Driver Discount - If you're over the age of 55, you could receive better insurance rates.
- Use Seat Belts - Buckling up and requiring all passengers to use their safety belts may be able to save a few bucks on the medical payments or PIP coverage costs.
- Policy Bundle Discount - When you combine your auto and home insurance with one company you could save 10% to 20% off each policy.
- New Car Discount - Putting insurance coverage on a new Equus can be considerably cheaper since new vehicles have better safety ratings.
- Anti-lock Brake System - Anti-lock brake equipped vehicles can avoid accidents so companies give up to a 10% discount.
- Theft Prevention Discount - Vehicles that have factory alarm systems and tracking devices can help prevent theft and qualify for as much as a 10% discount.
- Defensive Driving Course - Taking a defensive driving course may get you a small discount if you qualify.
- Own a Home - Simply owning a home can help you save on insurance because owning a home demonstrates responsibility.
Remember that many deductions do not apply to all coverage premiums. Some only apply to specific coverage prices like liability, collision or medical payments. So when the math indicates you can get free auto insurance, company stockholders wouldn't be very happy.
Popular insurance companies and the discounts they provide are detailed below.
- State Farm may have discounts that include multiple policy, good student, student away at school, Drive Safe & Save, and defensive driving training.
- Progressive offers premium reductions for multi-policy, online signing, homeowner, online quote discount, continuous coverage, and good student.
- Progressive has discounts for good student, online signing, online quote discount, continuous coverage, multi-vehicle, and multi-policy.
- MetLife may offer discounts for accident-free, good student, defensive driver, good driver, claim-free, multi-policy
- Farm Bureau discounts include 55 and retired, safe driver, driver training, youthful driver, good student, renewal discount, and multi-policy.
- GEICO policyholders can earn discounts including military active duty, anti-theft, emergency military deployment, daytime running lights, and membership and employees.
- SAFECO includes discounts for teen safety rewards, safe driver, teen safe driver, drive less, and homeowner.
When getting a coverage quote, ask each company or agent which discounts you may be entitled to. Some discounts listed above might not apply in your area. To locate insurance companies that have a full spectrum of discounts in Colorado, click here to view.
When do I need an agent's advice?
When buying proper insurance coverage, there really is not a one-size-fits-all type of policy. Everyone's situation is a little different.
For example, these questions could help you determine whether or not you will benefit from professional help.
- How does medical payments coverage work?
- Is a blown tire covered by insurance?
- If I use my vehicle for business use is it covered?
- How high should my medical payments coverage be?
- Is there coverage for my trailer?
- Why do I need rental car insurance?
- Will I lose any money if I cancel my policy before it expires?
If you don't know the answers to these questions, you might consider talking to a licensed agent. If you want to speak to an agent in your area, complete this form. It's fast, doesn't cost anything and may give you better protection.
Local insurance agents
A lot of people still prefer to buy from a local agent and that is not a bad decision Professional agents can point out coverage gaps and give you someone to call. The biggest benefit of getting free rate quotes online is you may find better rates and still have an agent to talk to. Buying from neighborhood agents is especially important in Colorado Springs.
By using this short form, your coverage information is emailed to participating agents in Colorado Springs who will return price quotes for your insurance coverage. It makes it easy because there is no need to leave your house since rate quotes are delivered immediately to you. If you need to compare rates from a particular provider, you just need to go to their quote page and fill out their quote form.
Different types of Colorado Springs car insurance agents
If you would like to find a good insurance agency, you need to know there are two types of agencies that differ in how they can insure your vehicles. Insurance agents in Colorado Springs can be categorized as either independent or exclusive. Both write insurance policies, but it is a good idea to know how they are different since it could factor into buying decisions.
Agents in the independent channel do not work for one specific company so they have the ability to put coverage with multiple insurance companies and find you cheaper rates. If they quote lower rates, your agent can switch companies and you won't have to switch agencies.
If you are comparing rate quotes, you will want to check rates from independent agents for the best price selection.
Featured below is a small list of independent agencies in Colorado Springs that may be able to give you price quotes.
Exclusive Insurance Agents
Agents that choose to be exclusive write business for a single company such as Allstate, Farmers Insurance or State Farm. They are unable to give you multiple price quotes so you need to shop around if the rates are high. Exclusive agents are highly trained on their company's products and that can be a competitive advantage.
Listed below are Colorado Springs exclusive agencies that are able to give rate quotes.
Finding the right insurance agency requires you to look at more than just the bottom line cost. Agents should be asked these questions:
- If you have an accident, are you able to get your vehicle repaired at the shop of your choice?
- Will high miles depreciate repair valuations?
- Do you qualify for any additional discounts?
- Is the agent and/or agency licensed to do business in Colorado?
- Is the agency involved in supporting local community causes?
Don't give up on cheap rates
People change insurance companies for any number of reasons including extreme rates for teen drivers, delays in paying claims, high rates after DUI convictions or even policy cancellation. It doesn't matter why you want to switch finding the right auto insurance provider is not as difficult as it may seem.
There are still a few companies who may not have online price quotes and many times these smaller companies prefer to sell through independent agents. Lower-priced Hyundai Equus insurance in Colorado Springs is possible on the web and with local Colorado Springs insurance agents, and you should be comparing both in order to have the best price selection to choose from.
While you're price shopping online, don't be tempted to sacrifice coverage to reduce premiums. Too many times, an insured dropped physical damage coverage only to regret they didn't have enough coverage. The goal is to purchase plenty of coverage for the lowest cost, but do not sacrifice coverage to save money.
More detailed auto insurance information can be read in the articles below:
- What is Covered by GAP Insurance? (Allstate)
- How Much is Colorado Auto Insurance for a Chevrolet Silverado? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Auto Insurance Quotes for a Honda Civic in Colorado? (FAQ)
- Which Company has the Cheapest Auto Insurance in Colorado Springs, CO? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable Car Insurance Quotes for Drivers Over Age 50 in Colorado? (FAQ)
- What Car Insurance is Cheapest for 18 Year Olds in Colorado? (FAQ)
- Five Tips to Save on Auto Insurance (Insurance Information Institute)
- A Tree Fell on Your Car: Now What? (Allstate)