How many times have you told yourself to find low-cost Chrysler 200 insurance in Colorado Springs? Comparison shopping for more affordable Chrysler 200 insurance in Colorado Springs can be nearly impossible for drivers new to comparison shopping online. Consumers have so many choices that it can quickly become a challenge to find the best coverage rates.
A recent NerdWallet.com study revealed that the majority of drivers have remained with the same auto insurance company for over three years, and approximately 38% of consumers have never shopped around. U.S. drivers could save an average of up to $860 each year, but they don't invest the time required to compare rates.
It's important to take a look at other company's rates before your policy renews since insurance prices are rarely the same from one policy term to another. If you had the best deal on Chrysler 200 insurance in Colorado Springs a year ago you can probably find a better premium rate now. Block out anything you think you know about auto insurance because you're going to get a crash course in one of the easiest ways to find better rates and still maintain coverage.
If you have a current insurance policy, you will most likely be able to get lower rates using the concepts covered in this article. Our goal is to teach you a little about how car insurance quotes work and how you can save the most money. But Colorado consumers need to learn how the larger insurance companies price insurance differently because it varies considerably.
Which Chrysler 200 insurance is cheapest in Colorado Springs?
Most larger insurance companies such as 21st Century, Allstate and State Farm provide coverage price quotes online. This process is easy for anyone as you simply type in the amount of coverage you want into a form. Behind the scenes, the quote system will order credit information and your driving record and provides a quote based on these factors.
Using the web to get quotes for Chrysler 200 insurance in Colorado Springs makes comparing rates easy, and it's very important to do this if you are searching for the lowest payment possible.
To quickly compare rates using this form now, compare quotes from the companies shown below. To compare your current rates, we recommend you copy deductibles and limits exactly as shown on your declarations page. This makes sure you are getting comparison quotes for exact coverage.
The companies shown below have been selected to offer free rate quotes in Colorado Springs, CO. If several companies are displayed, it's a good idea that you visit two to three different companies to get a more complete price comparison.
Discounts for cheaper auto insurance rates
Some insurers don't list every available discount in an easy-to-find place, so we researched both the well known as well as the least known ways to save on auto insurance.
- Pay Now and Pay Less - By paying your entire bill at once instead of making monthly payments you could save up to 5%.
- Good Student Discount - Getting good grades may save you up to 25%. Earning this discount can benefit you until age 25.
- Memberships - Participating in a civic or occupational organization in Colorado Springs may earn a discount when getting a Colorado Springs car insurance quote.
- More Vehicles More Savings - Having multiple cars or trucks on one policy can get a discount for every vehicle.
- Discounts for Cautious Drivers - Insureds without accidents can get discounts for up to 45% lower rates than their less cautious counterparts.
As a sidenote, most discounts do not apply to the entire cost. Some only apply to the cost of specific coverages such as liability, collision or medical payments. Even though it may seem like adding up those discounts means a free policy, it doesn't quite work that way.
A list of auto insurance companies and some of the discounts can be read below.
- GEICO may include discounts for multi-vehicle, military active duty, membership and employees, emergency military deployment, anti-theft, and air bags.
- Travelers may offer discounts for save driver, hybrid/electric vehicle, student away at school, payment discounts, and early quote.
- Nationwide has discounts for business or organization, Farm Bureau membership, easy pay, defensive driving, and good student.
- Farmers Insurance discounts include homeowner, multi-car, early shopping, alternative fuel, switch companies, and electronic funds transfer.
- Esurance includes discounts for DriveSense, multi-policy, safety device, homeowner, and multi-car.
- State Farm offers premium reductions for defensive driving training, accident-free, Steer Clear safe driver discount, anti-theft, safe vehicle, and Drive Safe & Save.
- Progressive offers discounts for good student, online signing, online quote discount, multi-policy, homeowner, continuous coverage, and multi-vehicle.
- Mercury Insurance offers discounts including low natural disaster claims, location of vehicle, multi-policy, multi-car, age of vehicle, good driver, and type of vehicle.
If you need affordable Colorado Springs car insurance quotes, ask each company or agent which discounts you may be entitled to. Some of the earlier mentioned discounts may not be available everywhere.
Why do I need car insurance?
Despite the high cost, paying for auto insurance may not be optional for several reasons.
- The majority of states have minimum mandated liability insurance limits which means state laws require a specific level of liability insurance if you drive a vehicle. In Colorado these limits are 25/50/15 which means you must have $25,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $50,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $15,000 of property damage coverage.
- If you have a loan on your Chrysler 200, most lenders will force you to have full coverage to ensure they get paid if you total the vehicle. If you cancel or allow the policy to lapse, the lender will be forced to insure your Chrysler for a lot more money and force you to pay for the much more expensive policy.
- Auto insurance protects not only your vehicle but also your assets. Insurance will pay for medical bills for not only you but also any passengers injured in an accident. Liability insurance also covers legal expenses in the event you are sued. If you have damage to your Chrysler as the result of the weather or an accident, comprehensive and collision coverage will pay to repair the damage.
The benefits of buying auto insurance greatly outweigh the cost, particularly when you have a large claim. In a recent study of 1,000 drivers, the average customer overpays more than $855 a year so we recommend shopping around at every policy renewal to help ensure money is not being wasted.
When should I discuss my situation with an agent?
When choosing coverage online or from an agent, there really is not a one-size-fits-all type of policy. Each situation is unique and a cookie cutter policy won't apply. Here are some questions about coverages that may help highlight whether you may require specific advice.
- Can I get a multi-policy discount?
- Who is covered by my policy?
- When can I cancel my policy?
- Am I covered when pulling a rental trailer?
- What if I owe more than I can insure my car for?
- Does car insurance cover theft of personal property?
- Does low annual mileage earn a discount?
- What is roadside assistance coverage?
- Does my car insurance cover rental cars?
If it's difficult to answer those questions but you think they might apply to your situation, you may need to chat with a licensed insurance agent. If you don't have a local agent, complete this form or you can go here for a list of companies in your area.
Can't I compare rate quotes from local Colorado Springs insurance agencies?
Certain consumers prefer to talk to an insurance agent and that is a personal choice. One of the best bonuses of comparing insurance prices online is that you can obtain lower rates and still choose a local agent.
After completing this short form, the quote information is emailed to local insurance agents in Colorado Springs who will return price quotes to get your business. You never need to contact any agents since rate quotes are delivered immediately to your email address. You can find the lowest rates without having to waste a lot of time. If for some reason you want to compare prices from a specific company, feel free to search and find their rate quote page and submit a quote form there.
Picking the best company requires more thought than just the price. Get answers to these questions too.
- Does the company have a solid financial rating?
- Did they already check your driving record and credit reports?
- Is there a local claims center in Colorado Springs?
- How often do they review coverages?
- Do you work with a CSR or direct with the agent?
Compare rates from both independent and exclusive car insurance agents
When searching for a reputable agency, you must know there are a couple different types of agents and how they function. Insurance agencies in Colorado Springs can be categorized as either exclusive or independent agents depending on their company appointments.
Exclusive Insurance Agencies
Agents that choose to be exclusive can only place business with one company like Farmers Insurance, American Family, State Farm and Allstate. These agents are unable to provide rate quotes from other companies so they are skilled at selling on more than just price. Exclusive agents are highly trained on sales techniques and that can be a competitive advantage. Some consumers prefer to buy from the same agent for years partially due to the prominence of the brand and solid financial strength.
Shown below are Colorado Springs exclusive agencies that can give you price quote information.
- American Family Insurance - Steve Stiltner
4549 Austin Bluffs Pkwy - Colorado Springs, CO 80918 - (719) 596-8812 - View Map
- Ross Silva Agency - American Family Insurance
2746 E Bijou St - Colorado Springs, CO 80909 - (719) 597-2800 - View Map
- Brandon Kolk - State Farm Insurance Agent
12229 Voyager Pkwy Ste 100 - Colorado Springs, CO 80921 - (719) 599-3600 - View Map
Independent Agencies or Brokers
Agents in the independent channel are not required to write business for one company and that is an advantage because they can write policies with an assortment of companies and find the cheapest rate. If premiums increase, the agent simply finds a different carrier and you don't have to do anything.
If you are comparing car insurance prices, we recommend you get several quotes from several independent agencies for maximum quote selection. Many write coverage with companies you've never heard of that may have much lower rates than larger companies.
Shown below are independent insurance agencies in Colorado Springs that can give you comparison quotes.
- Benson Insurance Group, LLC
5155 N Academy, #110 - Colorado Springs, CO 80918 - (719) 622-3079 - View Map
- Mary Beth Stiltner Insurance Agency
1880 Dublin Blvd # C - Colorado Springs, CO 80918 - (719) 528-1555 - View Map
- Springs Insurance Brokers
1837 Austin Bluffs Pkwy #101 - Colorado Springs, CO 80918 - (719) 268-1300 - View Map