Having to pay for expensive auto insurance in Colorado Springs can drain your family's budget and maybe even restrict other spending. Doing a rate analysis can save money and help to reduce premiums and put more money in your pocket.
It's hard to fathom, but nearly 70% of consumers kept their coverage with the same auto insurance company for more than four years, and 38% of customers have never quoted auto insurance rates at all. With the average premium in Colorado being $1,810, drivers could cut their rates by almost 35% a year by just comparing quotes, but most just don't grasp the large savings they would see if they swap their current policy for a cheaper one. Because you have many companies and agents to choose from, it's difficult to locate the cheapest insurance company.
These techniques will tell you the most effective ways to compare rates and some tricks to saving. If you are paying for car insurance now, you should be able to reduce premiums using the tips covered below. Shoppers just have to learn the most efficient way to quote multiple rates on the web.
Do you qualify for discounts on Chevy Cruze insurance in Colorado Springs?
The cost of insuring your cars can be expensive, but you may be missing some discounts to help bring down the price. Some discounts apply automatically when you quote, but some must be inquired about before they will apply.
- Seat Belts Save more than Lives - Drivers who require all vehicle occupants to fasten their seat belts may be able to save a few bucks on medical payment and PIP coverage.
- Auto/Life Discount - Larger insurance companies have a break if you buy some life insurance too.
- Payment Discounts - By making one initial payment rather than paying in monthly installments you could save 5% or more.
- Driver's Ed - Make teen driver coverage more affordable by requiring them to successfully take a driver's education course if offered at their school.
- No Charge for an Accident - This isn't a discount exactly, but a few companies such as State Farm and Allstate may permit one accident without getting socked with a rate hike if you are claim-free for a specific time period.
- Home Ownership Discount - Just being a homeowner can get you a discount since owning and maintaining a home means you have a higher level of financial diligence.
- Senior Discount - Seniors may receive a small discount on rates.
- Discount for Passive Restraints - Cars that have air bags or motorized seat belts may qualify for discounts up to 30%.
Just know that most of the big mark downs will not be given to the overall cost of the policy. Some only apply to individual premiums such as medical payments or collision. So even though you would think you would end up receiving a 100% discount, companies don't profit that way.
To see companies that can offer you the previously mentioned discounts in Colorado Springs, click here.
The providers in the list below are ready to provide price quotes in Colorado Springs, CO. If more than one company is shown, we suggest you click on several of them in order to find the cheapest rates.
Informed Drivers Know How to Find Auto Insurance at a Discount
Part of the auto insurance buying process is learning the factors that come into play when calculating the level of your policy premiums. When consumers understand what determines base rates, this allows you to make educated decisions that could result in lower rates.
Shown below are some of the most rate-impacting factors used by your company to calculate premiums.
- Rental and towing coverage may not be needed - There are quite a few additional extra coverages that you can get tricked into buying when buying auto insurance. Insurance for roadside assistance, towing coverage, and term life insurance may be wasting your money. These may sound like a good investment initially, but now you might not need them so consider taking them off your policy.
- Excellent credit equals lower prices - A driver's credit rating will be a significant factor in determining premium rates. If your credit history is low, you could pay less to insure your Chevrolet Cruze if you clean up your credit. Consumers who have very high credit ratings tend to be better drivers and file fewer claims than drivers who have poor credit.
- Discounts for auto and home policies - Most major insurance companies give a discount to buyers who carry more than one policy, otherwise known as a multi-policy discount. Even with this discount, it's still a good idea to comparison shop to confirm you are receiving the best rates possible. It's possible to still save even more by splitting coverages up.
- Insurance rates for married couples - Having a spouse actually saves money on your policy. Marriage means you're more responsible and statistics prove drivers who are married file infrequent claims.
- Better premiums on vehicles with better crash test results - Vehicles with high crash test scores cost less to insure. Safe vehicles result in less severe injuries and lower rates of occupant injuries translates into savings for insurance companies which can mean better rates for you. If the Chevy Cruze scored at minimum an "acceptable" rating on the Insurance Institute for Highway Safety website or four stars on the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration website you may pay a lower rate.
- Insurance loss data for Chevy Cruze vehicles - Auto insurance companies analyze claim trends for every vehicle to help set a rate to offset losses. Models that historically have higher loss trends will have a higher premium rate. The next table illustrates the insurance loss data for Chevy Cruze vehicles.
For each policy coverage, the statistical loss for all vehicles averaged together is a value of 100. Values that are 100 or less suggest a better than average loss history, while numbers above 100 indicate a higher chance of having a claim or an increased likelihood of larger losses.
Auto Insurance Loss Data for Chevrolet Cruze Models
Specific Chevrolet Model Collision Property Damage Comp Personal Injury Medical Payment Bodily Injury Chevrolet Cruze 96 132 87 136 153 152
Data Source: iihs.org (Insurance Institute for Highway Safety) for 2013-2015 Model Years
Which policy gives me the best coverage?
When it comes to buying a policy for your vehicles, there is no "perfect" insurance plan. You are unique.
These are some specific questions might help in determining if your situation would benefit from professional advice.
- How can I get my company to pay me more for my totalled car?
- Does my liability insurance cover pulling a trailer or camper?
- What does roadside assistance cover?
- Can I get by with minimal medical coverage if I have good health insurance?
- What are the best liability limits?
- Are rental cars covered under my policy?
- What are good deductibles for a Chevy Cruze?
- Should I waive the damage coverage when renting a car?
- Is water damage covered by my policy?
If you're not sure about those questions but you know they apply to you, you may need to chat with an agent. To find lower rates from a local agent, take a second and complete this form. It's fast, free and can help protect your family.
Insurance agents can help
Many people would rather get advice from a local agent and that can be a great decision Professional agents can point out coverage gaps and help in the event of a claim. The biggest benefit of comparing rate quotes online is the fact that drivers can get the lowest rates and still have an agent to talk to. Buying from local agencies is important especially in Colorado Springs.
To make it easy to find an agent, after completing this short form, your insurance data is transmitted to companies in Colorado Springs that can give you free Colorado Springs auto insurance quotes for your insurance coverage. You don't have to find an agent on your own because quoted prices will be sent instantly to you. If for some reason you want to get a price quote from a particular provider, feel free to find their quoting web page and submit a quote form there.
Listed below are agents in Colorado Springs willing to provide price quote information for Chevy Cruze insurance in Colorado Springs.
American Family Insurance - Jim Whitlock Agency LLC
8540 Scarborough Dr Ste 220 - Colorado Springs, CO 80920 - (719) 591-6336 - View Map
Choosing an company is decision based upon more than just a cheap quote. You should also get answers to these questions.
- Does the agency have a good rating with the Better Business Bureau?
- Are there any discounts that you might be missing?
- Does the agent have a valid license to sell insurance in Colorado?
- Are they actively involved in the community?
- Is the agency covered by Errors and Omissions coverage?
- Will vehicle repairs be made with aftermarket parts or OEM replacement parts?
- Is there any savings for paying the full premium?
- Do they have 24-hour customer assistance?
If you get good feedback to any questions you may have and an acceptable price quote, you have narrowed it down to an insurer that can be relied on to adequately provide insurance.
Car insurance in Colorado serves several purposes
Even though it can be expensive, paying for car insurance serves a purpose in several ways.
- Just about all states have compulsory liability insurance requirements which means it is punishable by state law to not carry specific minimum amounts of liability coverage if you drive a vehicle. In Colorado these limits are 25/50/15 which means you must have $25,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $50,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $15,000 of property damage coverage.
- If your Cruze has a loan, it's guaranteed your bank will require you to have full coverage to guarantee their interest in the vehicle. If you do not keep the policy in force, the lender may have to buy a policy to insure your Chevy at a much higher premium rate and require you to pay the higher price.
- Car insurance protects your car and your assets. Insurance will pay for many types of medical costs for yourself as well as anyone injured by you. As part of your policy, liability insurance also covers legal expenses in the event you are sued. If your car is damaged in a storm or accident, collision and comprehensive (also known as other-than-collision) coverage will pay to restore your vehicle to like-new condition.
The benefits of insuring your car are definitely more than the cost, particularly if you ever have a claim. As of last year, the average driver in Colorado is wasting up to $865 each year so compare rates at every policy renewal to make sure the price is not too high.
Cheaper car insurance rates are possible
Budget-friendly car insurance in Colorado Springs can be purchased both online and with local Colorado Springs insurance agents, so get free Colorado Springs auto insurance quotes from both of them so you have a total pricing picture. Some insurance providers do not offer rate quotes online and these regional carriers only sell through independent agents.
People leave their current company for any number of reasons including high prices, delays in paying claims, extreme rates for teen drivers or delays in responding to claim requests. Whatever your reason, finding the right car insurance provider is less work than it seems.
As you shop your coverage around, it's a bad idea to sacrifice coverage to reduce premiums. In too many instances, consumers will sacrifice liability limits or collision coverage only to regret that it was a big mistake. Your goal should be to buy a smart amount of coverage for the lowest price and still be able to protect your assets.
Additional information is located at these links:
- Medical Payments Coverage (Liberty Mutual)
- Who Has Cheap Auto Insurance for a Toyota RAV4 in Colorado? (FAQ)
- What Auto Insurance is Cheapest in Grand Junction, Colorado? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable Colorado Auto Insurance for a Honda Accord? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable Colorado Auto Insurance for a 20 Year Old Female? (FAQ)
- How Much is Auto Insurance for Used Cars in Colorado? (FAQ)
- Five Mistakes to Avoid (Insurance Information Institute)
- How Much Auto Coverage do I Need? (Insurance Information Institute)