Are you tired of wondering where the money will come from to keep your car insured? You are no different than many other Colorado consumers.
It's shocking but 70% of consumers have remained with the same auto insurance company for over three years, and about 40% of consumers have never quoted auto insurance rates at all. Drivers in Colorado Springs can save $605 each year by just comparing rate quotes, but they mistakenly think it's difficult to find lower-cost insurance by shopping around. Numerous insurers battle for your hard-earned dollar, so it can be very hard to choose a provider to find the best price available on Chevy Captiva Sport insurance in Colorado Springs.
How to find the cheapest Chevy Captiva Sport insurance in Colorado Springs, CO
The companies in the list below provide price quotes in Colorado Springs, CO. If more than one company is shown, we suggest you get rate quotes from several of them to get a more complete price comparison.
Why you need auto insurance
Despite the high insurance cost for a Chevy Captiva Sport in Colorado Springs, buying auto insurance serves several important purposes.
- Most states have compulsory liability insurance requirements which means you are required to buy a specific minimum amount of liability coverage in order to license the vehicle. In Colorado these limits are 25/50/15 which means you must have $25,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $50,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $15,000 of property damage coverage.
- If your Captiva Sport has a lienholder, most lenders will make it mandatory that you have physical damage coverage to ensure they get paid if you total the vehicle. If coverage lapses or is cancelled, the bank may buy a policy for your Chevy for a much higher rate and make you pay for it.
- Auto insurance protects both your assets and your vehicle. It also can pay for medical transport and hospital expenses for yourself as well as anyone injured by you. Liability coverage also covers legal expenses if you cause an accident and are sued. If you receive damage to your vehicle caused by a storm or accident, comprehensive (other-than-collision) and collision coverage will cover the repair costs.
The benefits of insuring your car are definitely more than the cost, especially with large liability claims. According to a 2015 survey, the average American driver overpays more than $700 annually so smart consumers compare quotes at every policy renewal to be sure current rates are still competitive.
You Can Change Your Insurance Costs
When buying auto insurance it's important to understand some of the factors that are used to determine your premiums. When consumers understand what controls the rates you pay, this enables you to make decisions that could result in better auto insurance rates. Multiple criteria are used when you quote your car insurance policy. Some of the criteria are obvious such as your driving record, although others are not as apparent like your continuous coverage or how safe your car is.
The factors shown below are some of the items that factor into your rate level.
- Buy a safe car and pay less - Vehicles with good safety scores are cheaper to insure. The safest vehicles reduce occupant injuries and reduced instances of injuries means your insurance company pays less and thus lower rates. If your Chevy Captiva Sport scored better than an "acceptable" rating on the Insurance Institute for Highway Safety website or four stars on the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration website it may cost less to insure.
- Rental and towing coverage may not be needed - There are many add-on coverages you can purchase on your Captiva Sport policy. Coverages for rental car coverage, death and dismemberment, and extra equipment coverage are probably not needed. They may seem like a good idea when buying your policy, but your needs may have changed so think about removing them and cutting costs.
- A auto insurance policy lapse can increase rates - Having a gap between insurance policy dates is a quick way to pay more for auto insurance. And not only will insurance be more expensive, being ticketed for driving with no insurance could earn you fines or a revoked license. You may then have to file a SR-22 with the Colorado motor vehicle department to get your license reinstated.
- Responsible drivers pay lower premiums - Good drivers pay less for auto insurance compared to drivers with tickets. Just one speeding ticket can bump up the cost by as much as thirty percent. Drivers who get serious citations like DWI, reckless driving or hit and run convictions may find they need to maintain a SR-22 with their state DMV in order to prevent a license revocation.
- Chevy Captiva Sport insurance loss probability - Insurance companies study historical loss data when they set coverage costs for each model. Models that the data shows to have higher claim frequency or loss amount will have higher rates. The data below shows the loss history for Chevy Captiva Sport vehicles.
For each policy coverage type, the claim probability for all vehicles, regardless of make, model or trim level, is represented as 100. Numbers shown that are under 100 indicate better than average losses, while values that are above 100 indicate more frequent claims or an increased chance of larger losses than average.
Insurance Loss Ratings for Chevrolet Captiva Sport Vehicles
Vehicle Make and Model Collision Property Damage Comp Personal Injury Medical Payment Bodily Injury Chevrolet Captiva Sport 4dr 2WD 89 95 88 123 115 105
Data Source: Insurance Institute for Highway Safety for 2013-2015 Model Years
Insurance policy discounts you can't miss
Insuring your vehicles can cost a lot, but you might already qualify for some discounts that you may not even be aware of. Many discounts should be triggered at the time of quoting, but some may not be applied and must be specifically requested before being credited.
- Distant Student - Older children who are enrolled in higher education away from home and won't have access to an insured vehicle can be insured at a reduced rate.
- No Claims - Good drivers with no accidents pay much less in comparison with insureds who have frequent claims or accidents.
- Low Mileage Discounts - Keeping the miles down on your Chevy could earn cheaper rates.
- Anti-theft System - Anti-theft and alarm system equipped vehicles prevent vehicle theft and will qualify for a discount on a Colorado Springs auto insurance quote.
- Safe Driver Discount - Insureds who avoid accidents can get discounts for up to 45% lower rates than less cautious drivers.
A little note about advertised discounts, most discounts do not apply to the entire cost. Most cut specific coverage prices like comp or med pay. So despite the fact that it appears it's possible to get free car insurance, nobody gets a free ride.
To find providers who offer insurance discounts in Colorado Springs, follow this link.
Buying from auto insurance agents
Many people still prefer to go talk to an agent and we recommend doing that Insurance agents can point out coverage gaps and help you file claims. The biggest benefit of getting free rate quotes online is you may find cheaper prices and still buy from a local agent. Buying insurance from local insurance agencies is still important in Colorado Springs.
Upon completion of this short form, the quote information is sent to insurance agents in Colorado Springs who will return price quotes to get your business. It makes it easy because there is no need to find an agent because quoted prices will be sent to you. If you need to get a comparison quote from a specific auto insurance provider, you just need to navigate to their website to submit a rate quote request.
Two types of auto insurance agents
When searching for local Colorado Springs agents, you should know the types of insurance agents and how they can quote your rates. Insurance agencies in Colorado Springs are considered either independent agents or exclusive agents depending on their employer. Either type can write policy coverage, but it's a good idea to understand how they are different since it can affect which agent you choose.
Independent Auto Insurance Agents (or Brokers)
Agents that choose to be independent do not work for one specific company and that is an advantage because they can write policies through lots of different companies and find you the best rates. If you want to switch companies, they simply move your policy to a different company and you don't have to find a new agent.
When comparing auto insurance prices, we recommend you compare quotes from several independent agencies in order to compare the most rates.
Featured below is a partial list of independent insurance agents in Colorado Springs that may be able to provide free auto insurance rate quotes.
Exclusive Insurance Agencies
Exclusive insurance agents can only write with one company like Allstate, Farmers Insurance, State Farm, and AAA. These agents are not able to provide other company's prices so you need to shop around if the rates are high. Exclusive agents are highly trained on their company's products which helps overcome the inability to quote other rates.
Listed below is a short list of exclusive agencies in Colorado Springs who can help you get comparison quotes.
American Family Insurance - Michael Brandl Agency Inc.
1965 Dominion Way Ste 120 - Colorado Springs, CO 80918 - (719) 630-7557 - View Map
Choosing the best insurance agent shouldn't rely on just the premium amount. Any agent in Colorado Springs should be forthright in answering these questions:
- Will you get a loaner vehicle if you car is being repaired?
- How would your car be valued if totalled?
- What are their preferred companies if they are an independent agency?
- How long have they worked with personal auto insurance coverage?
- Is vehicle mileage a factor when determining depreciation for repairs?
More comparisons equals cheaper rates
In this article, we covered quite a bit of information on how to shop for Chevy Captiva Sport insurance online. The key concept to understand is the more rate comparisons you have, the higher your chance of finding inexpensive Colorado Springs auto insurance quotes. You may even be surprised to find that the lowest prices come from a lesser-known regional company. Regional companies can often provide lower rates in certain areas as compared to the big name companies such as Allstate and Progressive.
Cheaper Chevy Captiva Sport insurance in Colorado Springs can be sourced both online and from local agencies, and you should compare rates from both to have the best rate selection. Some car insurance companies don't offer rate quotes online and many times these small insurance companies only sell coverage through local independent agencies.
To learn more, feel free to visit the resources below:
- Understanding Your Insurance Deductible (Insurance Information Institute)
- Who Has Cheap Auto Insurance Quotes for a Honda Civic in Colorado? (FAQ)
- Who Has the Cheapest Colorado Auto Insurance Quotes for Drivers with Accidents? (FAQ)
- What Auto Insurance is Cheapest for Single Moms in Colorado? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable Auto Insurance Rates for Teachers in Colorado? (FAQ)
- What Auto Insurance is Cheapest for Nurses in Colorado? (FAQ)
- What is the Best Cheap Car Insurance in Denver, CO? (FAQ)
- Who Has the Cheapest Car Insurance for Ride Shares in Colorado? (FAQ)
- What is Full Coverage? (Allstate)
- Automakers compete to add autobraking (Insurance Institute for Highway Safety)
- Side airbags reduce rollover fatalities (Insurance Institute for Highway Safety)