Locating more affordable Denver Chevy Tahoe insurance quotes can seem to be challenging for people new to quoting and buying their insurance online. With dozens of insurers available, how can people efficiently compare all the different companies and get better insurance prices?
A study showed that the majority of drivers have stayed with the same insurance company for a minimum of four years, and virtually 40% of consumers have never compared rates from other carriers. Consumers in Denver could save almost 35% a year by just comparing quotes, but they just don't understand how easy it is to compare rate quotes online.
It's important to do price comparisons occasionally since prices fluctuate regularly. If you had the best deal on Chevy Tahoe insurance in Denver at your last renewal there may be better deals available now. Ignore everything you know about insurance because we're going to show you how to use the internet to reduce your cost while increasing coverage.
Informed Drivers Can Slash Their Insurance Costs
Lots of factors are part of the calculation when premium rates are determined. Some factors are common sense such as your driving record, but others are not quite as obvious like your continuous coverage or how financially stable you are. An important part of buying insurance is that you know a few of the rating criteria that help calculate your premiums. If you have some idea of what influences your rates, this enables you to make decisions that will entitle you to lower premium levels.
The itemized list below are a partial list of the pieces used by your company to calculate your rates.
Cheaper insurance rates for prior coverage - Driving without insurance coverage in place can get your license suspended and you will pay a penalty because you let your insurance lapse. Not only will you pay higher rates, failure to provide proof of insurance could earn you a hefty fine and possibly a revoked license.
Insurance rates and age - Inexperience drivers are statistically proven to get distracted easily when driving so insurance rates are higher. Mature drivers are viewed as being more responsible, cause fewer claims and accidents, and usually have better credit.
Drive less and get lower premiums - The more you drive your Chevy annually the more you will pay for insurance. Many insurance companies charge rates based upon how the vehicle is primarily used. Vehicles used primarily for pleasure use can be on a lower rate level than vehicles that are driven to work every day. Having the wrong rating on your Tahoe is just wasting money. Verify your insurance declarations sheet states the correct usage for each vehicle.
High credit score translates to low costs - Having a bad credit score is likely to be a major factor in calculating your insurance rates. Insureds with very good credit scores tend to be better risks to insure than drivers who have worse credit. If your credit score leaves room for improvement, you could be paying less to insure your Chevrolet Tahoe if you clean up your credit.
Chevy Tahoe insurance loss data - Auto insurance companies use historical loss data to help calculate premium costs. Models that the data shows to have higher losses will have higher rates for specific coverages.
The next table illustrates the collected loss data for Chevy Tahoe vehicles. For each coverage type, the claim probability for all vehicles, regardless of make, model or trim level, is represented as 100. Percentage numbers below 100 suggest a positive loss record, while numbers that are greater than 100 point to more losses or statistically larger losses.
Auto Insurance Loss Data for Chevrolet Tahoe Models
|Vehicle Make and Model||Collision||Property Damage||Comp||Personal Injury||Medical Payment||Bodily Injury|
|Chevrolet Tahoe 4dr 2WD||82||90||105||70||63||88|
|Chevrolet Tahoe 4dr 4WD||83||89||103||68||62||80|
Data Source: iihs.org (Insurance Institute for Highway Safety) for 2013-2015 Model Years
When shopping for the cheapest Chevrolet Tahoe rate quotes, there are a couple of ways to compare rate quotes from lots of Colorado car insurance companies. The quickest method to lower the rate you pay for Chevy Tahoe insurance is to use the internet to compare rates.
When comparison shopping, obtaining a wide range of quotes helps you find the best price. Not every company does Denver Tahoe insurance quotes online, so it's important to compare price quotes from them as well.
The car insurance companies shown below are ready to provide free rate quotes in Denver, CO. If more than one company is shown, it's highly recommended you get rates from several of them in order to get a fair rate comparison.
|Model||Comp||Collision||Liability||Medical||UM/UIM||Annual Premium||Monthly Premium|
|Tahoe LS 2WD||$162||$282||$358||$22||$108||$932||$78|
|Tahoe LS 4WD||$190||$288||$352||$20||$106||$956||$80|
|Tahoe LT 2WD||$328||$616||$456||$28||$136||$1,564||$130|
|Tahoe LT 4WD||$146||$238||$330||$20||$98||$832||$69|
|Tahoe LTZ 2WD||$310||$592||$362||$22||$108||$1,394||$116|
|Tahoe LTZ 4WD||$266||$546||$338||$20||$100||$1,270||$106|
|Get Your Own Custom Quote Go|
Premium data assumes married male driver age 50, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, $100 deductibles, and Colorado minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include homeowner, claim-free, multi-vehicle, multi-policy, and safe-driver. Rates do not factor in specific zip code location which can lower or raise prices substantially.
Illustration showing the impact of accidents and violations
The chart below highlights how speeding tickets and at-fault accidents impact Chevrolet Tahoe auto insurance costs for each age group. The information is based on a single female driver, full physical damage coverage, $500 deductibles, and no policy discounts are applied.
Three reasons to insure your Chevy vehicle
Even though it can be expensive, paying for auto insurance is most likely required but also gives you several important benefits.
- Just about all states have minimum mandated liability insurance limits which means you are required to carry a specific level of liability insurance coverage if you don't want to risk a ticket. In Colorado these limits are 25/50/15 which means you must have $25,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $50,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $15,000 of property damage coverage.
- If you bought your Chevy Tahoe with a loan, almost all lenders will force you to carry insurance to guarantee loan repayment. If you do not keep the policy in force, the lender may have to buy a policy to insure your Chevy at a much higher premium rate and make you pay the higher premium.
- Insurance safeguards both your Chevy Tahoe and your assets. It will also provide coverage for all forms of medical expenses for not only you but also any passengers injured in an accident. Liability insurance, one of your policy coverages, will also pay attorney fees if you cause an accident and are sued. If your car is damaged in a storm or accident, collision and comprehensive (also known as other-than-collision) coverage will cover the repair costs.
The benefits of insuring your car definitely exceed the price paid, especially if you ever need it. According to a 2015 survey, the average American driver is overpaying more than $830 a year so shop around at every renewal to help ensure money is not being wasted.
Insurance discounts help lower rates for Chevy Tahoe insurance in Denver
Insurance is expensive, but you can get discounts that may help make it more affordable. Many of these discounts will be applied automatically at quote time, but once in a while a discount must be inquired about before being credited.
- Discount for Life Insurance - Insurance companies who offer life insurance give a discount if you purchase a life policy as well.
- Discount for Multiple Policies - If you combine your auto and home policies and place coverage with the same company you may save up to 20% off your total Tahoe insurance premium.
- Pay Early and Save - By making one initial payment rather than paying in monthly installments you can actually save on your bill.
- Senior Citizen Discount - If you're over the age of 55, you may receive a small discount on rates.
- Student Discount for Driver Training - It's a good idea to have your young drivers participate in a local driver's education class in school.
- Discounts for Cautious Drivers - Accident-free drivers may receive a discount up to 45% compared to rates paid by drivers with frequent claims.
We need to note that most discount credits are not given to the entire cost. Most only apply to individual premiums such as liability and collision coverage. Despite the appearance that all those discounts means the company will pay you, it just doesn't work that way. Any amount of discount will definitely reduce the cost of coverage.
Larger insurance companies and some of the discounts are shown below.
- Mercury Insurance discounts include type of vehicle, good student, good driver, multi-car, accident-free, ease of repair, and annual mileage.
- Farmers Insurance may include discounts for pay in full, teen driver, alternative fuel, good student, switch companies, mature driver, and youthful driver.
- Farm Bureau may have discounts that include safe driver, renewal discount, good student, multi-policy, and 55 and retired.
- State Farm includes discounts for student away at school, good student, good driver, multiple autos, passive restraint, and Steer Clear safe driver discount.
- Allstate offers discounts for passive restraint, farm vehicle, premier discount, anti-theft, new car, auto/life discount, and defensive driver.
- GEICO offers discounts including multi-vehicle, good student, membership and employees, five-year accident-free, and multi-policy.
Before you buy a policy, ask each company which discounts you qualify for. All car insurance discounts may not apply to policyholders everywhere.
Compare rate quotes but still have a local Denver insurance agency
A lot of people would rather visit with an insurance agent and that is not a bad decision One of the best bonuses of comparing insurance prices online is that you can find better rates and still have an agent to talk to.
Upon completion of this form (opens in new window), your insurance coverage information is instantly submitted to companies in Denver who will give you bids for your insurance coverage. You won't even need to find an agent on your own because quoted prices will be sent instantly to you. You can most likely find cheaper rates without having to waste a lot of time. If for some reason you want to get a price quote from a particular provider, feel free to visit that company's website and complete a quote there.
Choosing an insurance company is decision based upon more than just a low price. The following questions are important to ask.
- Is the agent and/or agency licensed to do business in Colorado?
- Do they specialize in personal lines coverage in Denver?
- Do they assist clients in filing claims?
- Does the agent have professional designations like CIC, CPCU or AIC?
- How many companies do they write for?
- How many years of experience in personal auto insurance do they have?
If you're trying to find a local Denver insurance agent, there are a couple of different agency structures and how they differ in how they quote coverages. Agents in Denver are categorized either independent or exclusive depending on the company they work for.
Agents that elect to be exclusive are contracted to one company such as AAA, State Farm, Farmers Insurance, and Allstate. Exclusive agents cannot compare other company's rates so you need to shop around if the rates are high. Exclusive agents receive a lot of sales training on their company's products and that can be a competitive advantage. A lot of people buy insurance from these agents mainly due to high brand loyalty rather than having the cheapest rates.
Shown below is a short list of exclusive agents in Denver that are able to give price quotes.
- American Family Insurance - Matthew Ditzenberger
1485 S Colorado Blvd #300c - Denver, CO 80222 - (303) 756-8038 - View Map
- Tammy Hill - State Farm Insurance Agent
4650 Tower Rd Unit 101 - Denver, CO 80249 - (303) 373-9500 - View Map
- Allstate Insurance: Eddie W. Pacheco
6200 E Yale Ave - Denver, CO 80222 - (303) 788-0777 - View Map
Independent Agencies or Brokers
Agents of this type do not have single company limitations and that allows them to write policies with an assortment of companies and find the cheapest car insurance rates. If they find a lower price, your agent can switch companies which requires no work on your part.
When comparing rate quotes, you should always get some free quotes from at a minimum one independent agency for the best price selection. Many can place coverage with small mutual carriers which can save you money.
Listed below is a list of independent insurance agents in Denver that can give you price quote information.
- Bonnie Brae Insurance
179 S Colorado Blvd - Denver, CO 80246 - (303) 321-9300 - View Map
- Nationwide Insurance: Lloyd Pro Group Agency
1400 S Columbine St - Denver, CO 80210 - (970) 230-3020 - View Map
- Madison Insurance Group
600 S Cherry St #900 - Denver, CO 80246 - (800) 636-6185 - View Map
You may need specialized auto insurance coverage
When choosing adequate coverage for your vehicles, there really is no best way to insure your cars. Everyone's needs are different and your auto insurance should be unique as well. For example, these questions can aid in determining whether you will benefit from professional help.
- Does every company file a SR-22 automatically?
- Is my Chevy Tahoe covered if I use it for business?
- Does my car insurance cover rental cars?
- When should I buy a commercial auto policy?
- When does my teenage driver need to be added to my policy?
- How long can I keep a teen driver on my policy?
- Should I drop comprehensive coverage on older vehicles?
- Which companies will insure me after a DUI?
If you can't answer these questions but you think they might apply to your situation, then you may want to think about talking to a licensed agent. To find lower rates from a local agent, take a second and complete this form or you can also visit this page to select a carrier
The lowest rates come from being thorough
When searching for affordable Chevrolet Tahoe insurance quotes, you should never reduce coverage to reduce premium. There have been many situations where an insured dropped liability limits or collision coverage and found out when filing a claim that the few dollars in savings costed them thousands. Your objective should be to buy the best coverage you can find at the best cost, but do not sacrifice coverage to save money.
We covered some good ideas how to get a better price on Chevy Tahoe insurance in Denver. The key thing to remember is the more times you quote, the higher the chance of saving money. You may even find the lowest auto insurance rates are with some of the lesser-known companies. Regional companies may only write in your state and offer lower premium rates than the large multi-state companies such as State Farm and Allstate.
Additional car insurance information is located at the links below
- How do I File a Claim? (Insurance Information Institute)
- Who Has Cheap Auto Insurance for a Nissan Altima in Colorado? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Auto Insurance Quotes for a Honda Civic in Colorado? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Car Insurance Quotes for Unemployed Drivers in Colorado? (FAQ)
- Which Company has the Cheapest Car Insurance in Northglenn, Colorado? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Auto Insurance Quotes for Seniors in Colorado? (FAQ)
- What is the Cheapest Car Insurance in Westminster, Colorado? (FAQ)
- How Much is Colorado Auto Insurance for High School Students? (FAQ)
- Teen Driver Licensing Information (iihs.org)
- Auto Theft Statistics (Insurance Information Institute)
- Collision Insurance Coverage (Nationwide)