Want to learn the secrets to finding lower-priced insurance rates in Fort Collins, CO? Fort Collins consumers have options when looking for the best price on Chevy Sonic insurance. They can either waste time calling around to compare prices or leverage the internet to compare rates. There are more efficient ways to compare insurance rates so you're going to learn the proper way to price shop coverage on a Chevy and get the best price possible from both online companies and Fort Collins agents.
Unbelievable but true, over 70% of consumers have purchased from the same company for over three years, and practically 40% of insurance customers have never even compared rates from other companies. Colorado drivers can cut their rates by nearly $605 a year just by getting comparison quotes, but they assume it's a waste of time to find affordable insurance rates.
If you have insurance now or want to find a cheaper company, use these techniques to save money and still get good coverage. The purpose of this post is to let you in on how auto insurance companies operate and some tips to save money. You just have to use the most effective way to buy insurance online from multiple companies.
Getting a cheap price on insurance is not a difficult process. Drivers just need to spend a few minutes on the computer comparing free Fort Collins car insurance quotes to discover which company has the cheapest Chevrolet Sonic rate quotes.
The companies shown below are our best choices to provide price quotes in Colorado. If the list has multiple companies, we suggest you get prices from several of them in order to get a fair rate comparison.
Why you need Sonic insurance in Colorado
Despite the high cost of buying insurance for a Chevy Sonic in Fort Collins, insurance may be required for several reasons.
- Just about all states have mandatory liability insurance requirements which means you are required to buy a specific level of liability in order to be legal. In Colorado these limits are 25/50/15 which means you must have $25,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $50,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $15,000 of property damage coverage.
- If you have a loan on your Sonic, most lenders will require you to have physical damage coverage to guarantee their interest in the vehicle. If the policy lapses, the bank or lender will purchase a policy for your Chevy at an extremely high rate and make you pay for the expensive policy.
- Car insurance protects both your Chevy Sonic and your assets. It will also provide coverage for all forms of medical expenses that are the result of an accident. Liability coverage also covers all legal expenses up to the policy limit if you cause an accident and are sued. If your car is damaged in a storm or accident, comprehensive (other-than-collision) and collision coverage will pay to repair the damage minus the deductible amount.
The benefits of carrying adequate insurance greatly outweigh the cost, especially when you need to use it. The average driver in Colorado overpays as much as $855 a year so compare quotes from several companies at every renewal to help ensure money is not being wasted.
Get cheaper rates by receiving discounts
Car insurance is not cheap, but you might be missing out on some discounts that could help you make your next renewal payment. Larger premium reductions will be automatically applied when you quote, but occasionally some discounts must be specially asked for in order for you to get them.
- Driver Education Discount - Cut your cost by having your teen driver enroll and complete driver's education in school or through a local driver safety program.
- Anti-theft Discount - Cars, trucks, and SUVs that have factory anti-theft systems can help prevent theft and that can save you a little bit as well.
- Seat Belts Save more than Lives - Drivers who require all vehicle occupants to wear their seat belts could cut 10% or more on medical payment and PIP coverage.
- E-sign Discounts - A few insurance companies will give you a small discount for buying your policy on the internet.
- Student Discounts - A discount for being a good student can save 20 to 25%. Most companies allow this discount well after school through age 25.
- Onboard Data Collection - Policyholders that allow companies to look at driving manner by using a telematics device such as State Farm's In-Drive could possibly reduce rates if they have good driving habits.
Discounts save money, but please remember that most of the big mark downs will not be given to the overall cost of the policy. A few only apply to the price of certain insurance coverages like medical payments or collision. So even though they make it sound like all the discounts add up to a free policy, it just doesn't work that way.
A few companies that may include some of the discounts shown above include:
Double check with every prospective company which discounts can lower your rates. Some of the earlier mentioned discounts might not be available to policyholders in every state. If you would like to choose from a list of insurance companies that offer multiple discounts in Colorado, click here.
Insurance quotes from neighborhood Fort Collins auto insurance agents
A small number of people prefer to sit down and talk to an agent and that is a smart decision Good insurance agents can help you choose the best coverages and help you file claims. One of the benefits of comparing rate quotes online is the fact that you can find cheap insurance quotes and still have an agent to talk to.
By using this quick form, your coverage information is submitted to agents in your area who will give competitive quotes and help you find cheaper coverage. You never need to leave your house because prices are sent immediately to you. If for some reason you want to compare rates from a specific insurance provider, you would need to navigate to their website and submit a quote form there.
Picking an company shouldn't rely on just the bottom line cost. The following questions are important to ask.
- Do they get extra compensation for selling add-on coverages?
- Are there any discounts that you might be missing?
- Are they involved in claim handling?
- Does the company have a solid financial rating?
- Do they offer rental car reimbursement?
- How many years have they been established?
- What company do they have the most business with?
- Who is covered by the car insurance policy?
Exclusive or Independent: There is a difference
If you are wanting to purchase insurance from a local insurance agency, there are two types of insurance agents and how they can quote your rates. Fort Collins agents may be either independent (non-exclusive) or exclusive. Both types of agents can insure your vehicles, but it's worth mentioning how they differ because it can factor into your agent selection.
These agents normally can only provide a single company's rates and examples are Farmers Insurance and State Farm. They usually cannot shop your coverage around so it's a take it or leave it situation. Exclusive agencies are usually quite knowledgeable on the products they sell which helps them sell on service rather than price. Some insured continue to buy from exclusive agents mainly due to loyalty to the company instead of buying on price only.
Below are Fort Collins exclusive insurance agents that can give you rate quotes.
- Farmers Insurance
3307 S College Ave - Fort Collins, CO 80525 - (970) 223-2219 - View Map
- Farm Bureau Insurance
335 E Mountain Ave - Fort Collins, CO 80524 - (970) 482-3952 - View Map
- Allstate Insurance: Jennifer Harms
1008 Driftwood Dr Ste B - Fort Collins, CO 80525 - (970) 204-1100 - View Map
Independent Insurance Agents
Agents of this type do not have single company limitations so they can quote policies through lots of different companies and get you the best rates possible. If your agent finds better pricing, an independent agent can move your coverage and you won't have to switch agencies. When searching for an agent, it's recommended you include rate quotes from a few independent agents for the best price selection. Most also write with companies that do not advertise much that can offer cheaper rates than bigger companies.
Shown below are Fort Collins independent insurance agencies willing to provide price quotes.
- Mitchell Zuber Insurance Agency
2850 McClelland Dr #3000 - Fort Collins, CO 80525 - (970) 207-0600 - View Map
- Colorado - B W Insurance Agency Inc
1075 W Horsetooth Rd # 106 - Fort Collins, CO 80526 - (970) 223-0924 - View Map
- Frontier Insurance Group
144 N Mason St # 5 - Fort Collins, CO 80524 - (970) 672-8853 - View Map
If you get good responses to all your questions and a low price estimate, you have narrowed it down to an insurance agent that can be relied on to properly service your insurance policy.
Don't assume everyone needs the same auto insurance coverage
Keep in mind that when it comes to choosing the right insurance coverage for your vehicles, there isn't really a best way to insure your cars. Your needs are unique to you so your insurance needs to address that. For example, these questions can help discover if your situation will benefit from professional help.
- Do I need replacement cost coverage?
- Does my insurance cover my expensive audio equipment?
- Should I waive the damage coverage when renting a car?
- Am I insured when driving a different vehicle?
- Is my camper covered by my car insurance policy?
- What are the financial responsibility laws in my state?
- Do I need to call my car insurance company before buying a new car?
If it's difficult to answer those questions but you think they might apply to your situation, you might consider talking to an insurance agent. To find lower rates from a local agent, fill out this quick form or go to this page to view a list of companies. It is quick, free and may give you better protection.
Persistence pays off
As you restructure your insurance plan, it's very important that you do not sacrifice coverage to reduce premiums. There have been many situations where consumers will sacrifice comprehensive coverage or liability limits and learned later that they should have had better coverage. Your objective should be to purchase a proper amount of coverage at the best price, but don't skip important coverages to save money.
Budget-friendly auto insurance in Fort Collins is available on the web in addition to many Fort Collins insurance agents, so you need to quote Fort Collins car insurance with both in order to have the best chance of saving money. A few companies may not offer rate quotes online and these smaller companies prefer to sell through independent agencies.
To read more, feel free to visit the following helpful articles:
- Protecting Teens from Drunk Driving (Insurance Information Institute)
- Who Has Affordable Auto Insurance for Active Military in Colorado? (FAQ)
- What Insurance is Cheapest for a Ford Explorer in Colorado? (FAQ)
- What Car Insurance is Cheapest for Homeowners in Colorado? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Auto Insurance for Uber Drivers in Colorado? (FAQ)
- What is Covered by GAP Insurance? (Allstate)
- A Tree Fell on Your Car: Now What? (Allstate)
- Protect Yourself Against Auto Theft (Insurance Information Institute)
- Determing Auto Insurance Rates (GEICO)