No sane person anticipates paying for auto insurance, especially when they know the prices are way too high.
It's hard to fathom, but nearly 70% of customers have purchased from the same company for four years or more, and nearly the majority have never quoted auto insurance rates at all. Most drivers in Colorado could save as much as $600 a year just by comparing rates, but they just assume it's a time-consuming process to compare rates online. Many car insurance companies vie for your hard-earned dollar, so it's not easy to compare every insurer and get the best coverage at the best rate on Chevy Silverado insurance in Aurora.
If you have coverage now or are shopping for new coverage, use these money-saving tips to save money while maintaining coverages. Finding the cheapest insurance coverage in Aurora is actually quite simple. Consumers only need to know the proper way to get comparison quotes from many different companies online.
Affordable Chevy insurance prices in Aurora
The companies shown below have been selected to offer price quotes in Colorado. If multiple companies are listed, it's highly recommended you compare several of them to find the lowest car insurance rates.
|Model||Comp||Collision||Liability||Medical||UM/UIM||Annual Premium||Monthly Premium|
|Silverado LS Regular Cab 2WD||$206||$382||$382||$22||$114||$1,106||$92|
|Silverado LS Regular Cab 4WD||$226||$440||$396||$24||$118||$1,204||$100|
|Silverado LT Regular Cab 2WD||$260||$536||$416||$24||$124||$1,360||$113|
|Silverado LT Regular Cab||$276||$502||$408||$24||$122||$1,332||$111|
|Silverado LS Extended Cab 4WD||$294||$536||$358||$22||$108||$1,318||$110|
|Silverado LT Extended Cab 4WD||$212||$388||$338||$20||$100||$1,058||$88|
|Silverado LT Extended Cab 2WD||$302||$546||$396||$24||$118||$1,386||$116|
|Silverado LS Extended Cab 2WD||$164||$330||$480||$28||$144||$1,146||$96|
|Silverado LT Crew Cab 4WD||$244||$500||$426||$26||$128||$1,324||$110|
|Silverado LS Crew Cab 2WD||$162||$332||$416||$24||$124||$1,058||$88|
|Silverado LS Crew Cab 4WD||$306||$538||$352||$20||$106||$1,322||$110|
|Silverado LT Crew Cab 2WD||$330||$630||$404||$24||$122||$1,510||$126|
|Silverado LTZ Extended Cab 2WD||$264||$528||$448||$26||$134||$1,400||$117|
|Silverado LTZ Extended Cab 4WD||$240||$492||$456||$28||$136||$1,352||$113|
|Silverado LTZ Crew Cab 2WD||$238||$458||$382||$22||$114||$1,214||$101|
|Silverado LTZ Crew Cab 4WD||$242||$426||$358||$22||$108||$1,156||$96|
|Silverado Crew Cab Hybrid 2WD||$216||$390||$460||$28||$138||$1,232||$103|
|Silverado Crew Cab Hybrid 4WD||$192||$360||$362||$22||$108||$1,044||$87|
|Get Your Own Custom Quote Go|
Price data assumes married male driver age 40, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, $1,000 deductibles, and Colorado minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include multi-policy, safe-driver, claim-free, homeowner, and multi-vehicle. Price information does not factor in specific zip code location which can impact price quotes greatly.
Auto insurance rates are higher with tickets and accidents
The chart below shows how speeding tickets and accidents can raise Chevrolet Silverado car insurance costs for different categories of driver ages. The costs are based on a married female driver, comprehensive and collision coverage, $250 deductibles, and no discounts are applied.
Four Tips to Get More Affordable Aurora Insurance Rates
One of the most helpful ways to save on insurance is to to have a grasp of some of the elements that aid in calculating insurance rates. If you have a feel for what controls the rates you pay, this helps enable you to make changes that will entitle you to lower premium levels.
The list below includes some of the things used by your company to calculate prices.
- Credit rating impacts costs - Having a bad credit score is a big factor in your rate calculation. Insureds that have very high credit ratings tend to be more responsible than drivers who have lower credit scores. So if your credit score can use some improvement, you could pay less to insure your Chevrolet Silverado if you improve your credit rating.
- Bundle policies to earn discounts - Most insurance companies apply better rates to customers that purchase more than one policy in the form of a multi-policy discount. The amount of the discounts can be ten percent or more. Even if you qualify for this discount already, consumers should still comparison shop to confirm you are receiving the best rates possible.
- Careless drivers pay higher premiums - Attentive drivers pay lower auto insurance prices than people who have multiple driving citations. Having a single speeding ticket or other violation may increase your cost forty percent or more. Drivers who have gotten license-revoking tickets like DUI or reckless driving may face state-mandated requirements to submit a SR-22 or proof of financial responsibility with their state in order to legally drive.
- Pay lower costs after the wedding - Getting married actually saves money on your policy. Marriage translates into being more mature and responsible it has been statistically shown that married couples file fewer claims.
- Claims statistics for a Chevy Silverado - Companies analyze the history of losses as a tool for profitable underwriting. Models that statistically have increased losses will have a higher cost to insure.
The table below illustrates the insurance loss data for Chevy Silverado vehicles. For each insurance policy coverage type, the claim probability for all vehicles, regardless of make, model or trim level, is equal to 100. Numbers under 100 indicate a favorable loss history, while numbers above 100 indicate more frequent losses or an increased chance of larger losses than average.
Car Insurance Loss Data for Chevrolet Silverado Models
Vehicle Model Collision Property Damage Comp Personal Injury Medical Payment Bodily Injury Chevrolet Silverado 1500 2WD 76 118 85 78 69 125 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 4WD 60 76 72 54 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 Crew Cab 2WD 89 103 131 77 70 94 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 Crew Cab 4WD 96 105 116 57 57 87 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 Ext Cab 2WD 90 126 100 88 85 117 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 Ext Cab 4WD 84 98 89 60 60 88 Chevrolet Silverado 2500 2WD 60 65 Chevrolet Silverado 2500 4WD 66 97 66 Chevrolet Silverado 2500 Crew Cab 2WD 76 127 65 Chevrolet Silverado 2500 Crew Cab 4WD 88 114 97 45 42 82 Chevrolet Silverado 2500 Ext Cab 2WD 80 54 Chevrolet Silverado 2500 Ext Cab 4WD 79 105 83 37 43 75 Chevrolet Silverado 3500 4WD 65 Chevrolet Silverado 3500 Crew Cab 4WD 98 127 108 54 39 76 Chevrolet Silverado 3500 Ext Cab 4WD 129 127
Empty fields indicate not enough data collected
Data Source: iihs.org (Insurance Institute for Highway Safety) for 2013-2015 Model Years
Verify you're getting every discount
Insurance is expensive, but companies offer discounts to help offset the cost. A few discounts will be applied at the time you complete a quote, but a few need to be specifically requested prior to getting the savings.
- Distant Student Discount - College-age children living away from Aurora attending college and do not have a car may qualify for this discount.
- Own a Home - Owning a home in Aurora can save a few bucks since home ownership is proof of financial responsibility.
- More Vehicles More Savings - Drivers who insure primary and secondary vehicles on one policy can reduce rates for all insured vehicles.
- Driver's Education for Students - Make teen driver coverage more affordable by requiring them to enroll in driver's education if it's offered in school.
- Pay Early and Save - If paying your policy premium upfront instead of monthly or quarterly installments you may reduce your total bill.
- Paperless Signup - Many insurance companies will give you a small discount just for signing your application on their website.
- Discount for Good Grades - This discount can save 20 to 25%. You can use this discount normally until age 25.
- Air Bag Discount - Cars that have air bags may qualify for discounts of 25 to 30%.
- Save over 55 - Drivers over the age of 55 may receive a small discount on rates.
- Discounts for Government Workers - Active or former government employment may qualify for a discount when you quote Aurora auto insurance with some insurance companies.
One thing to note about discounts is that most of the big mark downs will not be given to the overall cost of the policy. Most only reduce the price of certain insurance coverages like comprehensive or collision. Even though it appears it's possible to get free car insurance, insurance companies aren't that generous.
To view companies who offer cheap Chevy Silverado insurance quotes in Aurora in Colorado, click this link.
Auto insurance agents near you
Some consumers prefer to go talk to an agent and we recommend doing that Good agents are very good at helping people manage risk and help you file claims. The biggest benefit of getting free rate quotes online is the fact that drivers can get better rates and still buy from a local agent.
After completing this quick form, the coverage information is transmitted to companies in Aurora that can provide free Aurora auto insurance quotes for your coverage. You don't have to drive around since price quotes are sent immediately to your email address. In the event you want to quote rates from a specific insurance company, you just need to find their quoting web page and fill out their quote form.
Picking the best provider needs to be determined by more than just a cheap price. The questions below may impact your decision as well.
- Will the quote change when the policy is issued?
- How are claims handled?
- Do they feel the quoted coverages are adequate?
- Will vehicle repairs be made with aftermarket parts or OEM replacement parts?
- Are there any extra charges for paying monthly?
- Which company do they place the most coverage with?
Not all auto insurance agents are the same
When narrowing the list to find a reliable agent, you need to know there are two different agency structures and how they differ in how they can insure your vehicles. Agents may be either independent agents or exclusive agents depending on their employer. Either type can insure your vehicles properly, but it's important to know the differences because it can influence the kind of agent you use.
Agents of this type normally can only provide a single company's rates like AAA, State Farm, Farmers Insurance, and Allstate. They usually cannot provide rate quotes from other companies so you might not find the best rates. Exclusive insurance agents are well trained on what they offer which can be an advantage.
Below is a short list of exclusive insurance agencies in Aurora who can help you get price quotes.
Independent Car Insurance Agents
Agents that elect to be independent often have many company appointments and that is an advantage because they can write policies through many different car insurance companies and find you the best rates. If prices rise, your agent can switch companies which requires no work on your part.
When comparing car insurance rates, you definitely need to get some free quotes from several independent agencies to get the most accurate price comparison.
The following is a short list of independent agents in Aurora that can give you price quote information.
Amercian Affordable Insurance: Arthur Blaszczyszn
10660 E Bethany Dr - Aurora, CO 80014 - (303) 577-9998 - View Map
When to get professional advice
Always remember that when buying coverage, there really is not a one size fits all plan. Coverage needs to be tailored to your specific needs and your insurance should unique, too. For instance, these questions might help in determining whether you might need professional guidance.
- Is a fancy paint job covered?
- Is water damage covered by my policy?
- Is a new car covered when I drive it off the dealer lot?
- Should I buy additional glass protection?
- Can I afford to pay high deductible claims out of pocket?
- Does my personal policy cover me when driving out-of-state?
- Who is covered by my policy?
- Should I get collision insurance on every vehicle?
- Am I covered if I back into my garage door?
- Are my friends covered when driving my car?
If you don't know the answers to these questions but one or more may apply to you then you might want to talk to an agent. To find lower rates from a local agent, simply complete this short form or click here for a list of insurance companies in your area. It's fast, free and you can get the answers you need.
Smart shoppers get results
When getting Aurora auto insurance quotes online, you should never skimp on coverage in order to save money. There are a lot of situations where someone sacrificed full coverage to discover at claim time that saving that couple of dollars actually costed them tens of thousands. The goal is to buy a smart amount of coverage at the best possible price, but do not skimp to save money.
You just read a lot of information how to lower your Chevy Silverado insurance premium rates in Aurora. It's most important to understand that the more companies you get prices for, the better your comparison will be. You may even be surprised to find that the best price on insurance is with a smaller regional carrier. They may only write in your state and offer lower prices than the large multi-state companies such as State Farm and Allstate.
For more information, feel free to browse the articles below:
- Determining Your Vehicle's Value and Repair Cost (Insurance Information Institute)
- What is the Cheapest Car Insurance in Loveland, CO? (FAQ)
- What is the Best Cheap Car Insurance in Denver, CO? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable Auto Insurance for Low Mileage Drivers in Colorado? (FAQ)
- Should I Purchase an Umbrella Liability Policy? (Insurance Information Institute)
- Understanding Limits and Deductibles (Allstate)
- Reducing Your Risks in a Car Crash Video (iihs.org)