Finding discount Aurora Chevy Cruze insurance quotes on the internet can seem to be rather challenging for vehicle owners who are beginners to quoting and comparison shopping over the internet. With such a big selection of agents and online companies, how can you be able to compare every company to locate the cheapest available price?
Amazingly, a recent NerdWallet.com study showed that most insurance customers have been with the same company for at least the last four years, and approximately 38% of consumers have never compared rates from other carriers. Colorado drivers could save nearly $610 each year just by comparing rates, but they won't spend time to find affordable rates by getting comparison quotes.
When comparison shopping, there are several ways of comparing price quotes from different Aurora insurance companies. The easiest way by far to compare insurance prices is to jump online and get quotes.
When quoting car insurance, remember that comparing more quotes helps increase your odds of locating a better price. Not every company allows you to get price estimates online, so it's important to also get price quotes from them as well.
The companies in the list below can provide quotes in Colorado. If multiple providers are shown, we recommend you visit two to three different companies to get the most affordable price.
Take policy discounts and save on Chevy Cruze insurance in Aurora
Some insurance providers don't necessarily list every discount they offer very well, so the list below contains some of the best known and the more hidden savings tricks you should be using when you buy Aurora car insurance online. If they aren't giving you every credit possible, you may be paying too high a price.
- College Student - Kids who attend college more than 100 miles from Aurora and don't have a car can be insured at a reduced rate.
- Pay Early and Save - By making one initial payment instead of paying each month you could save 5% or more.
- Discount for Life Insurance - Some insurance companies give a lower insurance rate if you buy life insurance.
- Accident-Free Discounts - Insureds with no claims or accidents are rewarded with significantly better rates on Aurora car insurance quote when compared to bad drivers.
- Air Bag Discount - Options like air bags or motorized seat belts could see savings as much as 30%.
Discounts reduce rates, but you should keep in mind that most of the big mark downs will not be given to your bottom line cost. Most only apply to specific coverage prices like comprehensive or collision. Even though it may seem like adding up those discounts means a free policy, you're out of luck. Any amount of discount will lower your policy premium.
To choose insurance companies that offer some of these discounts in Colorado, follow this link.
Auto insurance agents can help
Some people still like to go talk to an agent and that can be a great decision One of the best bonuses of getting online price quotes is that you can find lower rates and also buy local. Buying from small agencies is important particularly in Aurora.
To make it easy to find an agent, after completing this simple form, your insurance data is immediately sent to insurance agents in Aurora who can give free rate quotes to get your business. You don't have to leave your computer due to the fact that quote results will go immediately to your email address. You can most likely find cheaper rates and an insurance agent to talk to. If you wish to compare prices from one company in particular, you can always visit that company's website and submit a quote form there.
If you are wanting to purchase insurance from a local agent, there are two different types of agencies and how they function. Insurance agencies can be categorized as either exclusive or independent.
Independent Agents (or Brokers)
These type of agents are not locked into one company and that enables them to quote your coverage through lots of different companies and get the cheapest rates. To transfer your coverage to a different company, they simply move your policy to a different company which is easy for the insured.
If you are comparing rate quotes, you definitely need to include price quotes from at least one independent agent to have the best price comparison. Most also write with different regional companies that many times have cheaper rates.
Shown below is a short list of independent insurance agents in Aurora that may be able to provide pricing information.
- Dickson Insurance Agency
4093 S Olathe Ct - Aurora, CO 80013 - (303) 693-1936 - View Map
- Amercian Affordable Insurance: Arthur Blaszczyszn
10660 E Bethany Dr - Aurora, CO 80014 - (303) 577-9998 - View Map
- A Complete Home and Auto Insurance Agency
1080 S Sable Blvd - Aurora, CO 80012 - (303) 344-2886 - View Map
Exclusive agents can only provide pricing for a single company and some examples include Allstate and State Farm. Exclusive agencies are unable to shop your coverage around so you might not find the best rates. Exclusive insurance agents are highly trained on sales techniques and that allows them to sell at a higher price point. Some consumers prefer to purchase coverage from exclusives primarily because of the brand name and solid financial strength.
Below are exclusive insurance agents in Aurora who can help you get rate quotes.
- Bob Massie - State Farm Insurance Agent
15290 E 6th Ave #220 - Aurora, CO 80011 - (303) 364-8298 - View Map
- Allstate Insurance: Roger Francis
18757 E Hampden Ave Ste 154 - Aurora, CO 80013 - (303) 792-3460 - View Map
- American Family Insurance - Patricia Davis
1627 S Havana St e - Aurora, CO 80012 - (303) 360-9831 - View Map
Selecting a insurance agent needs to be determined by more than just the premium amount. Some important questions to ask are:
- Which insurance company do they prefer to write with?
- How many years have they been established?
- Do they get paid more for recommending certain coverages?
- Do they reduce claim amounts on high mileage vehicles?
- Does the agent have professional designations like CIC, CPCU or AIC?
Which policy gives me the best coverage?
Always keep in mind that when comparing a policy, there really isn't a single plan that fits everyone. Your needs are not the same as everyone else's.
For instance, these questions could help you determine whether you might need an agent's assistance.
- When does my teenage driver need to be added to my policy?
- How much coverage applies to personal belongings?
- Do I need medical payments coverage since I have good health insurance?
- What is the minimum liability in Colorado?
- When should I drop full coverage on my Chevy Cruze?
- Can I cancel at any time?
- When should I not file a claim?
- What is the ISO rating for a Chevy Cruze?
- Do I have any recourse if my insurance company denies a claim?
If it's difficult to answer those questions but a few of them apply, then you may want to think about talking to an insurance agent. If you don't have a local agent, complete this form.
Components of Your Chevy Cruze Insurance Premiums
One of the most helpful ways to save on insurance is to to have a grasp of some of the elements that play a part in calculating your premiums. When consumers understand what controls the rates you pay, this helps enable you to make changes that could result in cheaper rates. Many different elements are part of the calculation when you get your auto insurance bill. A few of the factors are predictable such as traffic violations, although others are more transparent such as your marital status or your commute time.
- Being married can lower rates - Getting married may cut your premiums when shopping for insurance. It translates into being more stable financially and it's statistically proven that drivers who are married file infrequent claims.
- Excellent credit scores equal low premiums - Having a bad credit score will be a significant factor in determining premium rates. Drivers with good credit tend to be less risk to insure than drivers with poor credit scores. So if your credit score is not that good, you may save money insuring your Chevrolet Cruze by repairing your credit.
- When should you not file a insurance claims? - If you tend to file frequent claims, you shouldn't be surprised to get much higher rates or policy non-renewal. Auto insurance companies in Colorado generally give lower rates to drivers who are claim-free. Auto insurance is designed for larger claims.
- How your age affects costs - More mature drivers are proven to be safer behind the wheel, tend to cause fewer accidents, and get fewer tickets.Teen drivers are proven to be inattentive behind the wheel so insurance rates are higher.
- What type of car do you drive? - The performance level of the car you need to insure makes a huge difference in your auto insurance rates. Due to the fact that the Chevrolet Cruze falls in the passenger car class, insuring your vehicle will cost similar in price or lower than the average rate where you live in Aurora. Low performance passenger cars generally receive the lowest base rates, but that's not the only thing that factors into the final price.
- Choose high IIHS safety ratings and save - Cars with five star safety ratings tend to have lower insurance rates. Vehicles engineered for safety reduce the chance of injuries and fewer injuries means your insurance company pays less and cheaper rates on your policy. If the Chevy Cruze is rated at least four stars on Safercar.gov it is probably cheaper to insure.
- Gender and insurance - Over time, data shows that females tend to be a little less risky than males. However, this does not mean women are better drivers. They both get in at-fault accidents in similar percentages, but the male of the species cause more damage and cost insurance companies more money. Not only that, but men also get ticketed for serious violations like driving under the influence (DUI).
- Claims statistics for a Chevy Cruze - Insurance companies use historical loss data to calculate a price that will offset any claims. Vehicles that historically have higher prevalence or dollar amount of losses will have higher rates for specific coverages.
The table below demonstrates the insurance loss data for Chevy Cruze vehicles. For each type of coverage, the loss probablilty for all vehicles as a whole equals 100. Percentage values below 100 suggest losses that are better than average, while values that are 100 or greater indicate a higher chance of having a claim or an increased likelihood of larger losses.
Chevrolet Cruze Insurance Claim Statistics
Make and Model Collision Property Damage Comp Personal Injury Medical Payment Bodily Injury Chevrolet Cruze 96 132 87 136 153 152
Statistics Source: Insurance Institute for Highway Safety for 2013-2015 Model Years
Car insurance protects more than just your car
Despite the potentially high cost of Chevy Cruze insurance, paying for car insurance is required in Colorado but it also protects you in many ways.
First, the majority of states have compulsory liability insurance requirements which means you are required to carry a specific minimum amount of liability insurance coverage in order to get the vehicle licensed. In Colorado these limits are 25/50/15 which means you must have $25,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $50,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $15,000 of property damage coverage.
Second, if your Cruze has a lienholder, more than likely the lender will require you to have physical damage coverage to ensure the loan is repaid in case of a total loss. If you let the policy lapse, the lender may insure your Chevy for a lot more money and force you to pay for it.
Third, car insurance protects both your assets and your Chevy. It will also provide coverage for most medical and hospital costs for you, any passengers, and anyone injured in an accident. One policy coverage, liability insurance, also covers legal expenses if you are named as a defendant in an auto accident. If your Chevy gets damaged, your policy will cover the repair costs.
The benefits of carrying adequate insurance are without a doubt worth the cost, particularly if you ever have a claim. Today the average American driver overpays as much as $830 a year so you should quote rates once a year at a minimum to help ensure money is not being wasted.
Compare. Compare. Compare.
We've covered a lot of information how to find cheap Chevy Cruze insurance in Aurora. The key concept to understand is the more price quotes you have, the better your comparison will be. You may even find the most savings is with a small local company.
Cheaper auto insurance in Aurora can be bought online and also from your neighborhood Aurora agents, so you need to shop Aurora car insurance with both so you have a total pricing picture. A few companies do not provide price quotes online and these regional carriers only sell coverage through independent agents.
Consumers switch companies for any number of reasons including high prices, denial of a claim, an unsatisfactory settlement offer and even not issuing a premium refund. Regardless of your reason for switching companies, choosing a new insurance company can be easy and end up saving you some money.
More detailed auto insurance information is available in the articles below:
- Should I Buy a New or Used Car? (Allstate)
- What Auto Insurance is Cheapest for Handicapped Drivers in Colorado? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Auto Insurance for 16 Year Olds in Colorado? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Colorado Car Insurance for Drivers Requiring a SR22? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable Auto Insurance for Drivers with Bad Credit in Colorado? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable Colorado Auto Insurance Rates for Drivers with a DUI? (FAQ)
- Who Has the Cheapest Colorado Car Insurance for Teenage Females? (FAQ)
- Child Safety Seats (Insurance Information Institute)
- Collision Insurance Coverage (Nationwide)