Are you drained from not being able to scrape enough together to pay auto insurance each month? You are in the same boat as many other drivers in Colorado.
Shockingly, over 70% of consumers have purchased from the same company for well over three years, and practically 40% of auto insurance customers have never even compared rates from other companies. Colorado insurance shoppers could pocket $600 a year just by comparing rates, but they underestimate the large savings they would see if they switched. Due to the increasing number of choices for buying cheap insurance for a Chevy Captiva Sport in Fort Collins, it can be diffult for people to locate a lower cost company.
Best companies for Chevy Captiva Sport insurance
The companies shown below offer quotes in Colorado. If multiple providers are shown, it's highly recommended you compare several of them to get the cheapest price.
Lower your auto insurance rates with discounts
Auto insurance companies don't list every discount they offer very well, so here is a list some of the more common as well as some of the hidden discounts that may be available.
- Government Employee Discount - Active or retired federal employment could qualify for a slight premium decrease but check with your company.
- Braking Control Discount - Anti-lock brake equipped vehicles are much safer to drive and qualify for as much as a 10% discount.
- Discount for Life Insurance - Not every insurance company offers life insurance, but if they do you may earn a discounted premium rate on car insurance if you buy some life insurance in addition to your auto policy.
- Sign Online - A few larger companies may give you up to $50 for completing your application on the internet.
- Mature Driver Discount - Mature drivers may qualify for a small discount on rates.
- Military Deployment Discount - Having an actively deployed family member may qualify for rate reductions.
- Theft Deterrent - Cars, trucks, and SUVs that have factory anti-theft systems prevent vehicle theft so companies will give you a small discount.
- Full Payment Discount - If you pay your entire premium ahead of time instead of paying each month you may reduce your total bill.
- College Student Discount - Any of your kids who are enrolled in a college that is more than 100 miles from Fort Collins and won't have access to an insured vehicle may qualify for this discount.
Policy discounts save money, but most of the big mark downs will not be given to the whole policy. Most only apply to individual premiums such as liability and collision coverage. Even though it may seem like having all the discounts means you get insurance for free, you're out of luck.
The best auto insurance companies and some of their more popular discounts are:
- State Farm may include discounts for passive restraint, Drive Safe & Save, multiple policy, Steer Clear safe driver discount, and good student.
- American Family offers discounts for accident-free, defensive driver, Steer into Savings, bundled insurance, mySafetyValet, and air bags.
- GEICO offers premium reductions for federal employee, military active duty, anti-theft, seat belt use, and membership and employees.
- 21st Century offers discounts including teen driver, defensive driver, good student, early bird, student driver, anti-lock brakes, and theft prevention.
- Progressive discounts include multi-vehicle, good student, online signing, multi-policy, homeowner, online quote discount, and continuous coverage.
When quoting, ask every insurance company to apply every possible discount. Some credits might not be available to policyholders in every state. If you would like to view insurers with discount rates in Fort Collins, click here to view.
Your situation helps dictate your coverage
Always keep in mind that when comparing a policy, there really is no single plan that fits everyone. Everyone's situation is a little different.
For instance, these questions might help in determining whether your personal situation would benefit from an agent's advice.
- Can I make deliveries for my home business?
- Do I have coverage when pulling a U-Haul trailer?
- Why do I need rental car insurance?
- Is water damage covered by my policy?
- Do I benefit by insuring my home with the same company?
- Is my nanny covered when transporting my kids?
If you can't answer these questions, you may need to chat with an insurance agent. If you don't have a local agent, simply complete this short form. It's fast, free and can provide invaluable advice.
Are car insurance agents obsolete?
A lot of people would rather buy from a local agent and there is nothing wrong with that. Most agents can point out coverage gaps and help file insurance claims. A nice benefit of price shopping on the web is that you can find cheaper auto insurance rates and still choose a local agent. And supporting neighborhood insurance agencies is still important in Fort Collins.
To find an agent, once you fill out this short form, your coverage information is submitted to participating agents in Fort Collins who will gladly provide quotes for your business. It's much easier because you don't need to even leave your home due to the fact that quote results will go to your email. If you have a need to get a rate quote from a particular provider, you would need to jump over to their website and submit a quote form there.
If you want to buy car insurance from local Fort Collins agents, it's important to understand the types of insurance agents and how they are slightly different. Agents are categorized either exclusive or independent (non-exclusive). Both handle car insurance, but it's important to point out the difference in how they write coverage since it can impact your agent selection.
Independent Car Insurance Agents (or Brokers)
Independent agents are appointed with more than one company so they can insure your vehicles with any number of different companies depending on which coverage is best. To move your coverage to a new company, the agent simply finds a different carrier which is easy for the insured. If you are trying to find cheaper rates, you absolutely need to get some free quotes from at a minimum one independent agency to ensure the widest selection of prices.
Listed below is a short list of independent insurance agencies in Fort Collins that may be able to provide cheap rate quotes.
Exclusive Insurance Agents
These agents write business for a single company and examples are State Farm, AAA, Farmers Insurance or Allstate. These agents are not able to shop your coverage around so they really need to provide good service. Exclusive agencies receive a lot of sales training on the products they sell and that enables them to sell even at higher rates.
Below are exclusive insurance agencies in Fort Collins who can help you get comparison quotes.
Picking an car insurance agent is decision based upon more than just a cheap quote. The questions below may impact your decision as well.
- Will you get a loaner vehicle if you car is being repaired?
- Do they receive special compensation for putting your coverage with one company over another?
- Does the agency support the community they serve?
- Will a damage claim use OEM or aftermarket replacement parts?
- Do they have any clout with companies to ensure a fair claim settlement?
If you get good answers to all your questions and locked in a price quote, most likely you have located an insurance agency that can be trusted to provide car insurance coverage.
Slick advertising tricks that work
Consumers can't avoid all the ads for car insurance savings from companies such as Allstate, GEICO and Progressive. All the ads state the claim about savings after switching your car insurance coverage to their company.
How is it possible that every company can make almost identical claims? It's all in the wording.
Most companies look for specific characteristics for the driver that will not have excessive claims. An example of a desirable insured might be over the age of 40, has no driving citations, and drives a lower-performance vehicle. A driver who matches those parameters may get the lowest premium rates in Fort Collins as well as save a lot of money.
People who are not a match for the ideal profile will see more expensive rates and ends up with the customer buying from someone else. The trick companies use is to say "customers that switch" but not "everyone who gets a quote" can save as much as they claim. This is how insurance companies can advertise the savings.
Because of the profiling, you really should get price quotes at each policy renewal. Because you never know which insurance companies will be your best fit.
Compare. Compare. Compare.
We've covered many ways to lower your Chevy Captiva Sport insurance premium rates in Fort Collins. It's most important to understand that the more quotes you get, the higher your chance of finding inexpensive Fort Collins auto insurance quotes. You may even discover the best premium rates are with the least-expected company.
Cheaper insurance in Fort Collins can be bought on the web in addition to many Fort Collins insurance agents, and you should compare price quotes from both so you have a total pricing picture. Some companies don't offer price quotes online and most of the time these regional insurance providers only sell through local independent agencies.
As you prepare to switch companies, never reduce coverage to reduce premium. There are a lot of situations where consumers will sacrifice full coverage only to regret at claim time that they should have had better coverage. Your goal is to find the BEST coverage at the best cost.
More information can be read on the following sites:
- Five Mistakes to Avoid (Insurance Information Institute)
- Who Has Cheap Car Insurance Quotes for Unemployed Drivers in Colorado? (FAQ)
- Which Company has the Cheapest Auto Insurance in Colorado Springs, CO? (FAQ)
- Protecting Teens from Drunk Driving (Insurance Information Institute)
- Teen Driving and Texting (State Farm)
- What is Full Coverage? (Allstate)
- No-Fault Auto Insurance Statistics (Insurance Information Institute)