Are you sick of overpaying and want cheaper Toyota Camry insurance in Fort Collins? Trying to come up with a payment for high-priced auto insurance can empty your savings and make it impossible to make ends meet. Comparing rate quotes is a great way to make ends meet.
A recent study showed that the vast majority of Colorado auto insurance customers renewed their policy with the same company for a minimum of four years, and almost 40% of drivers have never even shopped around for lower-cost coverage. The average driver in the U.S. could save themselves approximately $859 a year by just shopping around, but they don't want to spend time to compare rates and save money. Multiple insurance companies compete to insure your vehicles, and because of this it can be hard to compare auto insurance companies and get the best coverage at the lowest rate possible on Toyota Camry insurance in Fort Collins.
Finding more affordable car insurance prices is a fairly straight forward process. All you need to do is spend a few minutes comparing price quotes from online providers.
Comparing free price quotes online is easy and it, takes the place of having to call or drive to each insurance agency near you. Comparing online rate quotes eliminates the need for an insurance agent unless you want the advice and guidance only provided by licensed Fort Collins agents. Some companies do allow you to obtain prices from the web but buy from a local insurance agent.
The companies shown below are ready to provide free quotes in Colorado. If multiple companies are listed, we recommend you visit two to three different companies to get the best price comparison.
|Model||Comp||Collision||Liability||Medical||UM/UIM||Annual Premium||Monthly Premium|
|Get Your Own Custom Quote Go|
Premium data assumes single female driver age 50, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, $1,000 deductibles, and Colorado minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include claim-free, multi-policy, multi-vehicle, safe-driver, and homeowner. Premium costs do not factor in specific location which can alter rates substantially.
Rate increases following a ticket or accident
The information below highlights how speeding tickets and at-fault accidents impact Toyota Camry auto insurance costs for each age group. The premiums are based on a single female driver, comprehensive and collision coverage, $250 deductibles, and no discounts are applied to the premium.
Should you buy full coverage?
The example below illustrates the comparison of Toyota Camry insurance prices with and without full coverage. The premiums are based on no driving violations, no at-fault accidents, $500 deductibles, married male driver, and no discounts are taken into consideration.
When to drop comprehensive and collision coverage
There is no exact formula of when to stop paying for physical damage coverage on your policy, but there is a guideline you can use. If the annual cost of your full coverage insurance is about 10% or more of the vehicle's replacement cost less your deductible, then it could be time to drop full coverage.
For example, let's assume your Toyota Camry book value is $9,000 and you have $1,000 policy deductibles. If your vehicle is totaled, the most you would receive is $8,000 after the policy deductible has been paid. If you are paying over $800 a year for your policy with full coverage, then you might consider buying liability only.
There are a few cases where eliminating full coverage is not a good idea. If you have an outstanding loan on your vehicle, you have to keep full coverage as part of the loan conditions. Also, if your savings is not enough to buy a different vehicle in case of an accident, you should not consider dropping full coverage.
Males versus Females
The information below shows the difference between Toyota Camry insurance prices for male and female drivers. The premiums are based on a clean driving record, no at-fault accidents, comprehensive and collision coverage, $1,000 deductibles, drivers are not married, and no policy discounts are applied.
Why you need insurance for your vehicle
Despite the high cost, insurance may be mandatory for several reasons.
- Almost all states have compulsory liability insurance requirements which means state laws require a specific minimum amount of liability protection if you want to drive legally. In Colorado these limits are 25/50/15 which means you must have $25,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $50,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $15,000 of property damage coverage.
- If you bought your Camry with a loan, more than likely the lender will stipulate that you have insurance to guarantee payment of the loan. If you default on your policy, the lender may have to buy a policy to insure your Toyota at a much higher premium rate and make you pay much more than you were paying before.
- Insurance protects both your Toyota and your personal assets. It also can pay for all forms of medical expenses for you, your passengers, and anyone else injured in an accident. Liability coverage, the one required by state law, also covers all legal expenses up to the policy limit if anyone sues you for causing an accident. If you have damage to your Toyota as the result of the weather or an accident, comprehensive and collision coverage will pay to have it repaired.
The benefits of insuring your Camry outweigh the cost, particularly if you ever have a claim. Today the average American driver is currently overpaying as much as $810 a year so it's important to compare rates every year to save money.
But the ad said I'd save 15% in 15 minutes!
Consumers in Colorado can't escape the ads for car insurance savings by Allstate and Progressive. They all say the same thing that people will save just by moving your policy.
How is it plausible that every one can charge less that you're paying now? It's all in how they say it.
Car insurance companies have a preferred profile for the type of driver that earns them the most money. One example of this type of insured might be over age 30, has few claims, and drives less than 10,000 miles a year. A driver who fits those characteristics will get very good Fort Collins premium rates and as a result will probably save when switching.
Consumers who fall outside this stringent profile will see higher prices and this can result in the prospect going elsewhere. The trick is to say "drivers who switch" not "everyone that quotes" save that much money. That's the way companies can truthfully make claims that they all have the best auto insurance rates.
Because every company is different, you should compare price quotes frequently. Because without a comparison, you cannot know which car insurance company will have the best rates at this point in time.
Toyota Camry insurance discounts in Fort Collins
Insurance can cost an arm and a leg, but you may qualify for discounts that you may not even know about. Many of these discounts will be applied automatically at the time of quoting, but occasionally some discounts must be specially asked for prior to receiving the credit. If you do not double check each discount you deserve, you are just wasting money.
- Good Student Discount - Maintaining excellent grades may save you up to 25%. Many companies even apply the discount to college students well after school through age 25.
- Discounts for Government Workers - Active or retired federal employment could provide a small rate reduction but check with your company.
- Homeowners Savings - Being a homeowner can earn you a little savings because of the fact that having a home is proof of financial responsibility.
- Passive Restraint Discount - Cars that have air bags or motorized seat belts could see savings up to 30%.
- Accident Forgiveness - This one is not really a discount per se, but a handful of insurance companies will let one accident slide without raising rates with the catch being you have to be claim-free for a set time period.
- Professional Organizations - Having an affiliation with a civic or occupational organization in Fort Collins may earn a discount when shopping for auto insurance.
- Military Discounts - Being on active deployment in the military could qualify you for better rates.
- Seat Belts Save - Buckling up and requiring all passengers to fasten their seat belts may be able to save a few bucks on the medical payments or PIP coverage costs.
- Include Life Insurance and Save - Select auto insurance companies reward you with lower prices if you buy a life policy as well.
As a disclaimer on discounts, many deductions do not apply to the entire policy premium. Some only reduce specific coverage prices like collision or personal injury protection. So even though it sounds like all those discounts means the company will pay you, that's just not realistic. But all discounts will help lower the premium cost.
If you would like to see a list of auto insurance companies offering auto insurance discounts in Fort Collins, click here.
Neighborhood agents and auto insurance
A lot of people just want to talk to an insurance agent and that is a personal choice. Good agents can answer important questions and help you file claims. An additional benefit of comparing rate quotes online is that you can obtain cheap rate quotes but still work with a licensed agent. Putting coverage with neighborhood agents is important particularly in Fort Collins.
To make it easy to find an agent, after completing this form (opens in new window), the quote information is sent to local insurance agents who can give free rate quotes for your auto insurance coverage. You never need to drive around since price quotes are sent to the email address you provide. If you have a need to quote rates from a specific company, you can always find their quoting web page to submit a rate quote request.
Fort Collins car insurance agents come in two flavors
If you want to use a local agent, it's important to understand the different agency structures that you can select. Agencies in Fort Collins can either be independent or exclusive depending on the company they work for. Both types can insure your vehicles, but it is important to understand how they differ since it can affect the selection process.
Independent Auto Insurance Agents (or Brokers)
Independent agents often have many company appointments so they can write business with multiple insurance companies and find the cheapest auto insurance rates. To move your coverage to a new company, they simply move the coverage in-house and you don't have to do anything.
If you are comparing rate quotes, you should always contact several independent agencies to maximize your price options.
Featured below is a list of independent insurance agents in Fort Collins who can help you get free price quotes.
Colorado - B W Insurance Agency Inc
1075 W Horsetooth Rd # 106 - Fort Collins, CO 80526 - (970) 223-0924 - View Map
Fort Collins Insurance Agency, LLC
1730 S College Ave #202 - Fort Collins, CO 80525 - (970) 222-9477 - View Map
Exclusive Insurance Agents
These agents work for only one company such as State Farm, Allstate, or Farmers Insurance. They usually cannot provide prices from multiple companies so they have to upsell other benefits. Exclusive insurance agents are highly trained on their company's products which helps them compete with independent agents.
Shown below is a list of exclusive insurance agents in Fort Collins that can give you price quotes.
Choosing an insurance agency shouldn't rely on just the price. The answers to these questions are important, too.
- Can glass claims be handled at your home?
- Do they write coverage based solely on cost?
- How much can you save by raising your physical damage deductibles?
- Is insurance their full-time profession?
- Do the companies they represent have a solid financial rating?
Find affordable rates by being thorough
When searching for affordable Fort Collins car insurance quotes, don't be tempted to buy poor coverage just to save money. There are a lot of situations where an insured dropped full coverage only to discover later they didn't have enough coverage. The aim is to buy enough coverage at the best price but still have enough coverage for asset protection.
In this article, we covered many tips how you can reduce Toyota Camry insurance prices online in Fort Collins. The key concept to understand is the more times you quote, the better your chances of lowering your rates. You may even be surprised to find that the most savings is with a lesser-known regional company. Smaller companies often have lower rates on specific markets than their larger competitors like State Farm, GEICO and Nationwide.
Affordable Toyota Camry insurance in Fort Collins can be sourced on the web and with local Fort Collins insurance agents, and you should compare price quotes from both to get a complete price analysis. Some companies do not offer rate quotes online and many times these small, regional companies prefer to sell through independent agencies.
Helpful learning opportunities
- What is a Telematics Device? (Allstate)
- Who Has Affordable Auto Insurance for High Risk Drivers in Colorado? (FAQ)
- How Much are Auto Insurance Quotes for a Learners Permit in Colorado? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable Car Insurance Quotes for Drivers Over Age 50 in Colorado? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable Auto Insurance Quotes for Retired Military in Colorado? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable Auto Insurance for Teenagers in Colorado? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Colorado Auto Insurance for Infrequent Drivers? (FAQ)
- What Car Insurance is Cheapest for a Honda CR-V in Colorado? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Car Insurance Rates for 19 Year Olds in Colorado? (FAQ)
- Protect Yourself Against Auto Theft (Insurance Information Institute)
- Vehicle Insurance in the U.S. (Wikipedia)