Do you want to save money by buying cheaper Porsche Cayman insurance in Colorado Springs? Are you regretting the purchase of an underperforming, overpriced auto insurance policy? Believe me, there are many people just like you.
A study showed that over 70% of consumers have purchased from the same company for well over three years, and about 40% of consumers have never even shopped around for cheaper coverage. Drivers in Colorado could save themselves nearly 35% a year by just comparing quotes, but they won't spend time to save money by comparing rate quotes. Multiple car insurance companies compete to insure your vehicles, and because of this it can be hard to compare auto insurance companies to find the absolute lowest cost out there.
You need to do rate comparisons yearly due to the fact that insurance prices go up and down regularly. If you had the best price on Porsche Cayman insurance in Colorado Springs on your last policy a different company probably has better rates today. Forget anything you know (or think you know) about auto insurance because we're going to show you the tricks you need to know to save money, get proper coverage and the best rates.
Getting a cheaper price on insurance is not a difficult process. Consumers just need to spend a few minutes on the computer comparing rate quotes online with multiple companies.
Getting rate quotes online is very simple and it makes it obsolete to physically go to insurance agents' offices. The fact that you can get quotes online makes this unnecessary unless you have a need for the professional advice of a local Colorado Springs agent. Drivers can comparison shop your insurance online but have your policy serviced through an agent.
The companies shown below can provide quotes in Colorado Springs, CO. If multiple companies are shown, we suggest you get prices from several of them to get the most competitive price.
|Model||Comp||Collision||Liability||Medical||UM/UIM||Annual Premium||Monthly Premium|
|Cayman 2-Dr Coupe||$478||$838||$460||$28||$138||$1,942||$162|
|Cayman S 2-Dr Coupe||$258||$606||$474||$28||$142||$1,508||$126|
|Get Your Own Custom Quote Go|
Data based on single female driver age 30, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, $1,000 deductibles, and Colorado minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include multi-vehicle, multi-policy, homeowner, safe-driver, and claim-free. Information does not factor in specific location information which can affect premium rates substantially.
Cautious Colorado Springs drivers save money
The chart below illustrates how traffic citations and accident claims drive up Porsche Cayman yearly insurance costs for different age groups. The rates are based on a single female driver, full coverage, $500 deductibles, and no additional discounts are factored in.
Physical damage deductible comparison
The example below demonstrates how choosing different deductibles and can change Porsche Cayman premium costs for each different age group. The information is based on a married male driver, full coverage, and no policy discounts are applied.
Three reasons auto insurance is important
Even though it's not necessarily cheap to insure a Porsche in Colorado Springs, auto insurance is required by state law in Colorado and it also provides benefits you may not be aware of.
- The majority of states have minimum liability requirements which means the state requires a specific level of liability insurance coverage if you drive a vehicle. In Colorado these limits are 25/50/15 which means you must have $25,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $50,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $15,000 of property damage coverage.
- If you bought your Porsche Cayman with a loan, most lenders will force you to carry insurance to guarantee payment of the loan. If you do not pay your insurance premiums, the bank may insure your Porsche for a lot more money and force you to pay for the much more expensive policy.
- Auto insurance preserves both your car and your assets. Insurance will pay for medical expenses for not only you but also any passengers injured in an accident. Liability insurance will also pay attorney fees if you are named as a defendant in an auto accident. If you receive damage to your vehicle caused by a storm or accident, comprehensive (other-than-collision) and collision coverage will pay to restore your vehicle to like-new condition.
The benefits of having auto insurance more than cancel out the cost, especially when you need to use it. An average driver in America is overpaying more than $850 per year so smart consumers compare quotes each time the policy renews to ensure rates are inline.
How Your Cayman Insurance Prices are Determined
Lots of things are considered when you get your auto insurance bill. Some of the criteria are obvious like a motor vehicle report, but some are more transparent like your continuous coverage or your financial responsibility. One of the most helpful ways to save on car insurance is to to have a grasp of the rating factors that aid in calculating your policy premiums. If you understand what determines base rates, this allows you to make good choices that may result in better car insurance rates.
The items below are a partial list of the pieces used by your company to calculate prices.
- Pay more if you have a long commute - Being located in small towns and rural areas can be a good thing when talking about car insurance. Fewer drivers means fewer accidents as well as less vandalism and auto theft. People who live in big cities have more auto accidents and more time behind the wheel. Longer commute distances means more chances of being involved in an auto accident.
- Do males or females drive better? - Statistics demonstrate that women are safer drivers than men. It does not mean men are WORSE drivers than women. Women and men cause at-fault accidents at a similar rate, but guys have accidents that have higher claims. Not only that, but men also get ticketed for serious violations like reckless driving and DUI. Males from age 16 to 21 are most likely to cause an accident and therefore are the most expensive to insure.
- Infrequent drivers can save - The more you drive your Porsche each year the higher your rates will be. Most companies charge rates based on how the vehicle is used. Vehicles that sit idle most of the time receive better premium rates than those that get driven frequently. Make sure your car insurance coverage properly reflects how each vehicle is driven. Improper usage on your Cayman is throwing money out the window.
- Improve your credit rating and save - A driver's credit rating is a big factor in your rate calculation. Therefore, if your credit is low, you may save money insuring your Porsche Cayman by improving your credit score. People that have high credit scores tend to be less risk to insure than drivers who have lower credit scores.
- Deter vehicle theft - Owning a car with an alarm system can get you a discount on your car insurance. Theft deterrent systems like LoJack tracking devices, vehicle tamper alarm systems or GM's OnStar system all help stop your vehicle from being stolen.
- Do you need those incidental coverages? - Insurance policies have a lot of optional add-on coverages that you can get tricked into buying if you don't pay attention. Things like rental car reimbursement, accidental death, and extra life insurance coverage are probably not needed. The coverages may be enticing at first, but if they're wasting money think about removing them and cutting costs.
- Cheaper car insurance rates for being claim-free - If you are the type of insured that files lots of claims you can definitely plan on either higher rates or even cancellation. Car insurance companies in Colorado give the best rates to drivers who do not file claims often. Auto insurance is meant to be used in the event of the bigger claims that can't be paid out-of-pocket.
- Porsche Cayman insurance loss data - Companies factor in historical loss data when they file their rates in each state. Vehicles that the statistics show to have higher frequency or amount of claims will cost more for coverage.
The next table illustrates the loss history for Porsche Cayman vehicles. For each policy coverage, the claim amount for all vehicles compiled together is set at 100. Values below 100 imply a favorable loss record, while percentages above 100 indicate frequent claims or a tendancy for losses to be larger than average.
Insurance Loss Ratings for Porsche Cayman Vehicles
Make and Model Collision Property Damage Comp Personal Injury Medical Payment Bodily Injury Porsche Cayman 2dr 183 40 99 36
Empty fields indicate not enough data collected
Data Source: Insurance Institute for Highway Safety for 2013-2015 Model Years
Get discounts on Colorado Springs insurance
Insurance is expensive, but you may be missing some discounts that could drop your premiums quite a bit. Most are applied at the time you complete a quote, but some may not be applied and must be specially asked for before you will receive the discount.
- Full Payment Discount - If you can afford to pay the entire bill rather than paying in monthly installments you can avoid monthly service charges.
- Air Bag Discount - Vehicles equipped with air bags or automatic seat belts may get savings of 20% or more.
- Paperless Signup - A handful of companies provide a small discount get Colorado Springs auto insurance online.
- Discounts for Seat Belt Usage - Drivers who always wear seat belts and also require passengers to wear their seat belts could cut 10% or more off the medical payments premium.
- Good Driver Discount - Accident-free drivers can pay as much as 50% less than less cautious drivers.
- Colorado Springs Homeowners Discount - Owning a home in Colorado Springs can earn you a little savings because owning a home is proof that your finances are in order.
- Driver Training Discounts - Taking part in a course in driver safety is a good idea and can lower rates and easily pay for the cost of the class.
- Service Members Pay Less - Having an actively deployed family member may lower your premium rates slightly.
- Professional Organizations - Being a member of qualifying clubs or civic groups may earn a discount on your next renewal.
As is typical with insurance, most of the big mark downs will not be given the the whole policy. Most cut individual premiums such as liability and collision coverage. Even though it appears you can get free auto insurance, it doesn't quite work that way.
Auto insurance companies that may offer policyholders these money-saving discounts include:
Before buying, ask all the companies the best way to save money. Depending on the company, some discounts may not apply to policyholders in your state. To see insurance companies who offer insurance discounts in Colorado Springs, click here.
Buying from car insurance agents
Certain consumers prefer to get advice from a local agent and we recommend doing that Insurance agents can point out coverage gaps and help in the event of a claim. One of the great benefits of comparing rate quotes online is that drivers can save money and get the best rates and also buy local. Buying from and supporting local insurance agents is definitely important in Colorado Springs.
Once you complete this simple form, your insurance data gets sent to insurance agents in Colorado Springs that can give you free Colorado Springs auto insurance quotes for your coverage. You don't have to visit any agencies because quoted prices will be sent to your email. If you need to quote rates from a specific car insurance provider, you would need to find their quoting web page and submit a quote form there.
If you are wanting to purchase car insurance from a local agent, it can be helpful to understand the types of insurance agents that you can choose from. Agents are categorized either independent or exclusive. Both can sell car insurance policies, but it's good to learn the difference in the companies they write for because it can factor into buying decisions.
Independent Insurance Agents
Independent agencies can quote rates with many companies so they can write business through lots of different companies and find you the best rates. If you want to switch companies, your agent can switch companies and you can keep the same agent.
When comparing rates, we recommend you get several quotes from a few independent agents in order to compare the most rates.
Shown below is a partial list of independent insurance agents in Colorado Springs that may be able to give free rate quotes.
Agents that choose to be exclusive normally can only provide a single company's rates and examples are AAA, Allstate, and State Farm. These agents are not able to compare other company's rates so they are skilled at selling on more than just price. Exclusive agents are well schooled on their company's products which can be an advantage.
Below is a short list of exclusive agencies in Colorado Springs willing to provide price quote information.
American Family Insurance - Michael Brandl Agency Inc.
1965 Dominion Way Ste 120 - Colorado Springs, CO 80918 - (719) 630-7557 - View Map
Choosing a car insurance agent requires you to look at more than just a cheap quote. The following questions are important to ask.
- What is the agency's Better Business Bureau rating?
- How long have they worked with personal auto insurance coverage?
- Will vehicle repairs be made with aftermarket parts or OEM replacement parts?
- Which companies can they place coverage with?
- Do they make recommendations based only on price?
- What insurance companies do they recommend if they are an independent agent?
- Will high miles depreciate repair valuations?
- When do they do a full risk review?
Shop around and save
We just presented many tips how you can reduce Porsche Cayman insurance car insurance rates online in Colorado Springs. The key thing to remember is the more price quotes you have, the higher your chance of finding affordable Porsche Cayman insurance quotes. Consumers could even find that the most savings is with some of the lesser-known companies. They can often insure niche markets at a lower cost than the large multi-state companies such as Allstate, GEICO and Progressive.
While you're price shopping online, it's not a good idea to buy poor coverage just to save money. Too many times, drivers have reduced uninsured motorist or liability limits and learned later that it was a big error on their part. Your objective should be to find the BEST coverage at the best cost but still have enough coverage for asset protection.
- Your Car has been Stolen: Now What? (Allstate)
- Who Has Cheap Auto Insurance for a Toyota RAV4 in Colorado? (FAQ)
- What Auto Insurance is Cheapest for Handicapped Drivers in Colorado? (FAQ)
- Which Company has the Cheapest Auto Insurance in Colorado Springs, CO? (FAQ)
- Who Has the Cheapest Colorado Car Insurance for Young Drivers? (FAQ)
- How Much is Auto Insurance for a Chevrolet Equinox in Colorado? (FAQ)
- What is the Best Car Insurance in Brighton, Colorado? (FAQ)
- Who Has the Cheapest Auto Insurance Quotes for a 20 Year Old Male in Colorado? (FAQ)
- What is the Best Cheap Car Insurance in Denver, CO? (FAQ)
- Hybrid vehicles cost insurers more (Insurance Institute for Highway Safety)
- Reducing Your Risks in a Car Crash Video (iihs.org)