How many times have you said it's time to compare more affordable Nissan Sentra insurance in Fort Collins? If you are new to getting Fort Collins auto insurance quotes online, you can be baffled due to the large number of online companies all claiming to have the lowest rates for Nissan Sentra insurance in Fort Collins.
Unfortunately, nearly 70% of customers have bought insurance from the same company for at least the last four years, and almost 40% of drivers have never compared insurance rates at all. Many consumers in the U.S. can cut their rates by almost $859 a year by just shopping around, but most just don't grasp the big savings they would realize if they switched.
It's a good idea to shop coverage around occasionally due to the fact that insurance prices change quite often. Even if you got the lowest price on Nissan Sentra insurance in Fort Collins a few years ago you will most likely find a better rate quote today. Forget all the misinformation about insurance because we're going to demonstrate the quickest way to find better coverage on Nissan Sentra insurance in Fort Collins at a better price.
Cheap car insurance in Fort Collins, CO
The companies in the list below are our best choices to provide quotes in Fort Collins, CO. If more than one company is shown, we suggest you compare several of them in order to get a fair rate comparison.
|Model||Comp||Collision||Liability||Medical||UM/UIM||Annual Premium||Monthly Premium|
|Sentra 2.0 S||$184||$492||$456||$28||$136||$1,296||$108|
|Sentra 2.0 SR||$236||$538||$352||$20||$106||$1,252||$104|
|Sentra 2.0 SL||$190||$426||$368||$22||$110||$1,116||$93|
|Sentra SE-R SPEC V||$220||$500||$352||$20||$106||$1,198||$100|
|Get Your Own Custom Quote Go|
Cost estimates assume married male driver age 30, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, $500 deductibles, and Colorado minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include homeowner, claim-free, safe-driver, multi-vehicle, and multi-policy. Prices do not factor in specific Fort Collins garaging location which can raise or lower prices noticeably.
Cost comparison with and without full coverage
The chart below examines Nissan Sentra auto insurance costs with and without full coverage. The premiums assume no claims or violations, $1,000 deductibles, married male driver, and no discounts are taken into consideration.
Guidelines for dropping full coverage
There is no exact formula of when to exclude physical damage coverage on your policy, but there is a general guideline you can use. If the annual cost of comprehensive and collision coverage is more than 10% of the vehicle's replacement cost less your deductible, then you may need to consider dropping full coverage.
For example, let's pretend your Nissan Sentra replacement value is $9,000 and you have $1,000 deductibles. If your vehicle is severely damaged, the most your company will settle for is $8,000 after the deductible is paid. If it's costing you more than $800 a year for comprehensive and collision coverage, then you might want to think about dropping full coverage.
There are some circumstances where only buying liability is not advised. If you still owe money on your vehicle, you have to carry full coverage to protect the lienholder's interest. Also, if your savings is not enough to buy a different vehicle in the even your car is totaled, you should not consider dropping full coverage.
Insurance discounts help lower rates for Nissan Sentra insurance in Fort Collins
Insurance is not an enjoyable expense, but you may qualify for discounts to cut the cost considerably. Certain discounts will be applied when you complete an application, but less common discounts must be asked for before they will apply.
- Student Driver Training - Reduce the cost of insurance for teen drivers by having them enroll in driver's education in high school.
- Multiple Vehicles - Buying insurance for multiple vehicles on one policy may reduce the rate for each vehicle.
- No Accidents - Insureds who avoid accidents and claims are rewarded with significantly better rates on Fort Collins auto insurance quote when compared to drivers who are more careless.
- Military Discounts - Having a family member in the military can result in better insurance rates.
- Drive Safe and Save - Accident-free drivers can get discounts for up to 45% lower rates than drivers with accidents.
One last thing about discounts, most discount credits are not given to the entire policy premium. Most only apply to individual premiums such as comp or med pay. So despite the fact that it appears you could get a free insurance policy, nobody gets a free ride.
A list of insurance companies and a selection of discounts are detailed below.
- State Farm offers discounts for accident-free, good driver, multiple policy, driver's education, multiple autos, and Steer Clear safe driver discount.
- American Family may include discounts for good driver, bundled insurance, TimeAway discount, Steer into Savings, good student, multi-vehicle, and mySafetyValet.
- GEICO offers discounts including anti-lock brakes, seat belt use, emergency military deployment, military active duty, five-year accident-free, federal employee, and driver training.
- 21st Century has savings for teen driver, theft prevention, anti-lock brakes, student driver, early bird, air bags, and good student.
- Progressive includes discounts for online quote discount, multi-policy, homeowner, continuous coverage, multi-vehicle, and online signing.
If you need lower rates, check with each company to apply every possible discount. Some discounts listed above may not be available in your state. To locate companies offering insurance discounts in Colorado, click here to view.
Are insurance agencies a thing of the past?
A small number of people still prefer to buy from a licensed agent and that is not a bad decision One of the benefits of price shopping on the web is that drivers can save money and get the best rates but also keep your business local. Supporting local insurance agents is especially important in Fort Collins.
Once you complete this form (opens in new window), the coverage information is instantly submitted to companies in Fort Collins who will return price quotes and help you find cheaper coverage. It's much easier because you don't need to find an agent since price quotes are sent to your email. You can find lower rates AND a local agent. If you want to get a comparison quote from a specific insurance company, don't hesitate to go to their quote page and give them your coverage information.
Insurance agent types
If you are searching for a good insurance agency, there are two different agency structures and how they can write your policy. Agents are classified as either exclusive agents or independent agents.
Independent Agents (or Brokers)
These agents are not locked into one company so they have the ability to put coverage with a variety of different insurance companies and get the cheapest rates. If your premiums go up, the business is moved internally and you don't have to do anything. When comparing rates, you will want to get several quotes from several independent insurance agents for the best price selection. Most independent agents also contract with different regional companies which may provide better rates.
Featured below is a short list of independent insurance agents in Fort Collins that can give you free insurance quotes.
- Ameri Quote Insurance and Financial Services
1015 W Horsetooth Rd - Fort Collins, CO 80526 - (970) 221-1141 - View Map
- Frontier Insurance Group
144 N Mason St # 5 - Fort Collins, CO 80524 - (970) 672-8853 - View Map
- Daniel Insurance Agency
2627 Redwing Rd #330 - Fort Collins, CO 80526 - (970) 223-5902 - View Map
Exclusive agents can only write with one company such as State Farm, AAA, and Liberty Mutual. Exclusive agencies are unable to provide other company's prices so always compare other rates. Exclusive insurance agents are trained well in insurance sales which helps offset the inability to provide other markets. Some people will only buy from the same agent for years partially due to high brand loyalty and the convenience of having all coverages with one company.
The following is a list of exclusive agencies in Fort Collins that can give you price quote information.
- American Family Insurance - Cristina Jaeger
2000 S College Ave #210 - Fort Collins, CO 80525 - (970) 229-9393 - View Map
- Rip Knight - State Farm Insurance Agent
1015 S Taft Hill Rd - Fort Collins, CO 80521 - (970) 232-9212 - View Map
- American Family Insurance - Cindy Gerk Agency LLC
4050 S Timberline Rd Unit 100 - Fort Collins, CO 80525 - (970) 377-0676 - View Map
Selecting an insurance agency requires you to look at more than just a cheap quote. Agents should be asked these questions:
- Is the quote a firm price?
- Do they offer accident forgiveness?
- Can glass claims be handled at your home?
- Will a damage claim use OEM or aftermarket replacement parts?
- How many years have they been established?
- When do they do a full risk review?
- Are they able to provide referrals?
- Do the coverages you're quoting properly cover your vehicle?
Persistence is the key to affordable rates
People change insurance companies for many reasons like high prices, not issuing a premium refund, high rates after DUI convictions and even being labeled a high risk driver. No matter why you want to switch, choosing a new insurance company can be less work than you think.
Cost effective Nissan Sentra insurance is attainable on the web as well as from insurance agents, so you should be comparing quotes from both to get a complete price analysis. Some insurance companies do not offer rates over the internet and most of the time these smaller companies only sell through independent agents.
When getting Fort Collins auto insurance quotes online, you should never skimp on coverage in order to save money. There are many occasions where someone dropped comprehensive coverage or liability limits only to find out that they should have had better coverage. Your focus should be to buy enough coverage at the best cost and still be able to protect your assets.
For more information, feel free to visit the articles below:
- Safety Belts FAQ (iihs.org)
- How Much are Auto Insurance Rates for Drivers Under 21 in Colorado? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable Colorado Car Insurance Rates for a Company Car? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable Auto Insurance Quotes for Inexperienced Drivers in Colorado? (FAQ)
- What is the Best Car Insurance in Brighton, Colorado? (FAQ)
- Who Has the Cheapest Auto Insurance Quotes for a 20 Year Old Male in Colorado? (FAQ)
- What is Covered by GAP Insurance? (Allstate)
- Think You're a Safe Driver? (State Farm)
- Teen Driving Statistics (iihs.org)