Comparison shopping for cheaper Lincoln MKZ insurance in Colorado Springs may be frustrating for drivers who are beginners to comparing prices online. With so many agents and insurers to choose from, it can quickly become a challenge to locate the lowest price in Colorado.
It's amazing but a large majority of consumers have remained with the same car insurance company for at least the last four years, and approximately 40% of consumers have never compared rates to find cheap insurance. With the average car insurance premium being $1,847, American drivers could cut their rates by approximately $850 a year, but most tend to underestimate the rate savings if they moved their coverage to a different company.
It's a great practice to take a look at other company's rates before your next renewal since prices are usually higher with each renewal. Just because you found the best deal on Lincoln MKZ insurance in Colorado Springs six months ago the chances are good that you can find a lower rate today. Forget all the misinformation about car insurance because we're going to demonstrate the easiest way to eliminate unnecessary coverages and save money on Lincoln MKZ insurance in Colorado Springs.
Finding the lowest cost coverage in Colorado Springs is simple if you know the tricks. In a nutshell, each driver who is looking for a better price on insurance will probably find lower prices. But Colorado consumers should learn how insurance companies compete online because rates fluctuate considerably.
Compare quotes for Colorado Springs Lincoln MKZ insurance
Most larger insurance companies allow consumers to get coverage price quotes from their websites. Getting Lincoln MKZ insurance prices online is fairly simple because you just enter your coverage preferences as requested by the quote form. After you submit the form their quoting system automatically retrieves credit information and your driving record and provides a quote.
This makes it simple to compare prices and it's very important to have as many quotes as possible if you want to find the cheapest possible prices on insurance.
If you want to find out what other companies charge, check out the insurance providers below. If you have coverage now, it's recommended you complete the form with your coverages identical to your current policy. Using the same limits helps guarantee you are getting a rate comparison based on similar coverages.
The providers in the list below have been selected to offer price comparisons in Colorado. If several companies are displayed, it's a good idea that you visit as many as you can in order to get a fair rate comparison.
|Model||Comp||Collision||Liability||Medical||UM/UIM||Annual Premium||Monthly Premium|
|MKZ 4-Dr Sedan||$276||$616||$536||$32||$160||$1,620||$135|
|MKZ AWD 4-Dr Sedan||$148||$332||$382||$22||$114||$998||$83|
|Get Your Own Custom Quote Go|
Cost estimates assume married male driver age 50, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, $1,000 deductibles, and Colorado minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include safe-driver, claim-free, homeowner, multi-policy, and multi-vehicle. Estimates do not factor in specific zip code location which can revise insurance rates considerably.
Rate difference between full and liability-only coverage
The diagram below examines Lincoln MKZ insurance costs with and without physical damage coverage, medical payments, and uninsured/under-insured motorist coverage. The prices are based on no driving violations, no at-fault accidents, $1,000 deductibles, single female driver, and no discounts are applied.
When to switch to liability coverage only
There is no clear-cut rule to stop buying physical damage coverage, but there is a broad guideline. If the annual cost of coverage is more than 10% of replacement cost minus your deductible, then it might be time to consider dropping full coverage.
For example, let's assume your Lincoln MKZ replacement value is $6,000 and you have $1,000 policy deductibles. If your vehicle is severely damaged, the most your company will settle for is $5,000 after you pay the deductible. If you are paying in excess of $500 annually to have full coverage, then it might be time to buy liability only.
There are some conditions where buying only liability insurance is not advised. If you haven't paid off your loan, you have to maintain full coverage in order to keep the loan. Also, if your finances do not allow you to purchase a different vehicle if your current one is in an accident, you should not eliminate full coverage.
Three good reasons to insure your Lincoln MKZ
Despite the potentially high cost of Lincoln MKZ insurance, insurance serves an important purpose.
- Just about all states have mandatory insurance requirements which means state laws require specific minimum amounts of liability insurance in order to drive the car. In Colorado these limits are 25/50/15 which means you must have $25,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $50,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $15,000 of property damage coverage.
- If your Lincoln MKZ has a lienholder, it's guaranteed your bank will have a requirement that you have comprehensive coverage to protect their interest in the vehicle. If you do not keep the policy in force, the lender may have to buy a policy to insure your Lincoln for a lot more money and force you to pay for the expensive policy.
- Car insurance protects your vehicle and your assets. It also can pay for hospital and medical expenses for you, any passengers, and anyone injured in an accident. Liability insurance will also pay to defend you if anyone sues you for causing an accident. If you have damage to your Lincoln as the result of the weather or an accident, your policy will pay all costs to repair after the deductible has been paid.
The benefits of having car insurance greatly outweigh the cost, particularly when you have a large claim. According to a survey of 1,000 drivers, the average driver is currently overpaying as much as $750 every year so compare quotes from several companies at every renewal to save money.
Get discounts on Colorado Springs auto insurance
Some insurers don't always advertise every possible discount very well, so the following is a list of a few of the more common and also the more inconspicuous discounts that you may qualify for.
- Save with More Vehicles Insured - Buying insurance for more than one vehicle with the same auto insurance company can reduce rates for all insured vehicles.
- Accident Free - Claim-free drivers pay much less compared to policyholders that have many claims.
- Professional Organizations - Affiliation with a qualifying organization could qualify you for a break on your next auto insurance statement.
- Federal Employees - Being employed by or retired from a federal job may reduce rates when you quote Colorado Springs auto insurance with a few auto insurance companies.
- ABS Brakes - Anti-lock brake equipped vehicles prevent accidents so companies give up to a 10% discount.
- Safety Course Discount - Taking part in a defensive driver course is a good idea and can lower rates if your company offers it.
- Paperwork-free - A few larger online companies will provide an incentive shop Colorado Springs auto insurance digitally online.
- Telematics Devices - Colorado Springs drivers who agree to allow data collection to spy on where and when they drive through the use of a telematics system like Drivewise from Allstate or In-Drive from State Farm may see discounts if they are good drivers.
As a footnote on discounts, some credits don't apply to all coverage premiums. Most only apply to the cost of specific coverages such as physical damage coverage or medical payments. So when it seems like having all the discounts means you get insurance for free, insurance companies wouldn't stay in business.
Some of the insurance companies that may have some of the above discounts are:
When getting free Colorado Springs auto insurance quotes, it's a good idea to every company which discounts you qualify for. Some of the discounts discussed earlier might not apply in Colorado Springs. To locate providers offering auto insurance discounts in Colorado, click here to view.
Shop online but buy locally
Some people just prefer to go talk to an agent. The best thing about comparing rates online is that you can find better rates but also keep your business local. Supporting neighborhood insurance agencies is definitely important in Colorado Springs.
To make it easy to find an agent, after completing this short form, your information is transmitted to insurance agents in Colorado Springs that provide free Colorado Springs auto insurance quotes for your business. It simplifies rate comparisons since you won't have to visit any agencies due to the fact that quote results will go to your email. Get lower rates and a licensed agent to talk to. If you wish to get a price quote for a specific company, you can always jump over to their website and submit a quote form there.
The different types of auto insurance agents
If you are searching for a local Colorado Springs insurance agency, it's important to understand the different agency structures and how they function. Car insurance agents can be categorized as either independent agents or exclusive agents.
These type of agents are not locked into one company so they can insure your vehicles with a variety of different insurance companies and find you the best rates. To transfer your coverage to a different company, your agent can switch companies without you having to go to a different agency. When comparing car insurance rates, we recommend you include price quotes from several independent insurance agents to ensure the widest selection of prices. Many independent agencies also insure through companies you've never heard of who may have lower rates.
The following is a partial list of independent insurance agencies in Colorado Springs who may provide price quote information.
- A Better Choice Auto Insurance
1863 N Circle Dr - Colorado Springs, CO 80909 - (719) 667-1301 - View Map
- Pikes Peak Insurance Agency
2306 N Powers Blvd #120 - Colorado Springs, CO 80915 - (719) 591-4500 - View Map
- Insurance Stops
2105 E Bijou St A - Colorado Springs, CO 80909 - (719) 636-3369 - View Map
Exclusive Insurance Agencies
Exclusive insurance agents work for only one company and examples are American Family, State Farm, and AAA. Exclusive agents cannot compare other company's rates so always compare other rates. Exclusive agents are usually quite knowledgeable on what they offer which can be an advantage. Consumers often choose to use an exclusive agent primarily because of the brand rather than having low rates.
Shown below is a short list of exclusive insurance agents in Colorado Springs that are able to give price quotes.
- American Family Insurance - Dean Skaret Agency Inc.
2340 Academy Blvd N - Colorado Springs, CO 80909 - (719) 597-4330 - View Map
- American Family Insurance - Michael Brandl Agency Inc.
1965 Dominion Way Ste 120 - Colorado Springs, CO 80918 - (719) 630-7557 - View Map
- Connie Slater - State Farm Insurance Agent
5731 Silverstone Terrace #120 - Colorado Springs, CO 80919 - (719) 268-9003 - View Map
Finding the right auto insurance agent is decision based upon more than just a cheap quote. The answers to these questions are important, too.
- Do they feel the quoted coverages are adequate?
- Is there a 24/7 contact number?
- Are claims handled at the agent's location?
- Where would glass claims be handled in Colorado Springs?
- What is their Better Business Bureau rating?
After talking to the agent and getting satisfactory answers to any questions you have and locked in a price quote, you've probably found an insurance agent that is professional and can properly insure your vehicles. Just be aware that policyholders can cancel your policy when you choose so don't think that you're stuck with any specific company for a certain time period.
There's no such thing as the perfect car insurance policy
When it comes to choosing proper insurance coverage for your vehicles, there isn't really a perfect coverage plan. Everyone's situation is unique so this has to be addressed. For instance, these questions can help discover if your insurance needs will benefit from professional help.
- Do I need roadside assistance coverage?
- When would I need additional glass coverage?
- Is my cargo covered for damage or theft?
- Do I need motorclub coverage?
- Where can I find high-risk insurance?
- Is my teen driver covered when they drive my company car?
- Will my insurance pay for OEM parts?
- Are my tools covered if they get stolen from my vehicle?
- Is there coverage for my trailer?
If it's difficult to answer those questions but you know they apply to you, then you may want to think about talking to an agent. If you want to speak to an agent in your area, fill out this quick form or click here for a list of car insurance companies in your area.
Compare but don't skimp
As you go through the steps to switch your coverage, you should never reduce needed coverages to save money. There have been many situations where consumers will sacrifice liability limits or collision coverage only to regret they didn't purchase enough coverage. The ultimate goal is to buy the best coverage you can find for the lowest price, but don't skip important coverages to save money.
In this article, we presented a lot of techniques to shop for Lincoln MKZ insurance online. The key concept to understand is the more you quote Colorado Springs auto insurance, the better likelihood of getting affordable Lincoln MKZ insurance quotes. You may even find the lowest auto insurance rates are with some of the lesser-known companies. Some small companies can often provide lower premium rates in certain areas than the large multi-state companies such as GEICO and State Farm.
Cost effective Lincoln MKZ insurance is attainable on the web in addition to many Colorado Springs insurance agents, so you should compare both to have the best rate selection. Some companies may not provide internet price quotes and usually these small insurance companies only sell through independent insurance agencies.
To learn more, feel free to browse the following helpful articles:
- Car Insurance for Teen Drivers with Divorced Parents (Allstate)
- Who Has Affordable Colorado Car Insurance for a Hyundai Sonata? (FAQ)
- Who Has the Cheapest Colorado Auto Insurance for College Students? (FAQ)
- What Insurance is Cheapest for State Employees in Colorado? (FAQ)
- Your Car has been Stolen: Now What? (Allstate)
- Auto Insurance for Teen Drivers (Insurance Information Institute)
- Hybrid vehicles cost insurers more (Insurance Institute for Highway Safety)