Are you searching for lower-priced car insurance rates in Aurora, CO? Aurora shoppers have lots of choices when shopping for the best price on Land Rover Range Rover insurance. You can either waste hours struggling with agents to get rate comparisons or save time using the internet to make rate comparisons.
There is a right way and a wrong way to buy car insurance and we'll show you the best way to compare rates for a new or used Land Rover and locate the cheapest rates.
You should make it a habit to compare rates at least once a year because car insurance prices go up and down regularly. If you had the best deal on Land Rover Range Rover insurance in Aurora at your last renewal you will most likely find a better premium rate today. Don't believe everything you read about Range Rover insurance online but in this article, you're going to get some of the best ways to find affordable car insurance in Aurora.
The companies in the list below offer comparison quotes in Colorado. If multiple providers are shown, we recommend you visit as many as you can in order to get a fair rate comparison.
Three good reasons to insure your Land Rover vehicle
Despite the high cost, car insurance serves several important purposes.
First, almost all states have mandatory insurance requirements which means the state requires a minimum amount of liability if you want to drive legally. In Colorado these limits are 25/50/15 which means you must have $25,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $50,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $15,000 of property damage coverage.
Second, if you bought your car with a loan, almost all lenders will make it mandatory that you buy full coverage to ensure they get paid if you total the vehicle. If you do not keep the policy in force, the lender will be forced to insure your Land Rover for a lot more money and force you to pay the higher premium.
Third, car insurance preserves both your assets and your Land Rover. It will also provide coverage for many types of medical costs for you, any passengers, and anyone injured in an accident. Liability insurance, one of your policy coverages, will also pay attorney fees in the event you are sued. If damage is caused by hail or an accident, collision and comprehensive coverages will pay all costs to repair after the deductible has been paid.
The benefits of having car insurance more than offset the price you pay, specifically if you ever have a liability claim. As of last year, the average driver in Colorado overpays more than $825 a year so it's very important to do a rate comparison at every renewal to help ensure money is not being wasted.
Six Tips to Get Cheaper Aurora Insurance Premiums
Lots of things are part of the calculation when pricing auto insurance. Some are obvious such as your driving record, but others are more obscure such as your marital status or your vehicle rating.
The following are some of the most rate-impacting factors companies use to determine your prices.
- Youthful driver insurance premiums - More mature drivers are proven to be safer behind the wheel, cost insurance companies less in claims, and tend to be get fewer driving tickets.Drivers with little experience are proven to be inattentive and easily distracted when behind the wheel and because of this, their car insurance rates are much higher.
- Marriage can save on car insurance - Your spouse can get you a discount on your policy. Marriage translates into being more mature than a single person and insurance companies like that married drivers tend to file fewer claims.
- Your address can push rates up or down - Having an address in a rural area is a good thing when trying to find low car insurance rates. City drivers have to deal with more aggressive driving styles and more time behind the wheel. Less people living in that area means a lower chance of having an accident and a lower car theft rate.
- When should you file a policy claims? - Car insurance companies in Colorado give discounts to policyholders who do not rely on their insurance for small claims. If you are the type of insured that files lots of claims you can definitely plan on higher premiums or even policy non-renewal. Your car insurance is intended for major claims that would cause financial hardship.
- Bad drivers pay high rates - Your driving record impacts your car insurance rates tremendously. Having just one driving citation may cause rates to rise substantially. Attentive drivers pay less for auto insurance as compared to careless drivers. Drivers who have license-revoking tickets such as reckless driving or DUI may need to file a proof of financial responsibility form (SR-22) with their state in order to legally drive.
- Keep the miles off and save - The higher the miles on your Land Rover in a year the more it will cost to insure it. A lot of companies rate vehicles partially by how you use the vehicle. Autos used primarily for pleasure use qualify for better rates than those that get driven frequently. An incorrectly rated Range Rover may be costing you. Make sure your declarations sheet shows the correct driver usage.
- Insurance loss statistics a Land Rover Range Rover - Companies factor in historical loss data as a tool for profitable underwriting. Vehicles that historically have higher claim frequency or loss amount will have higher rates.
The table below demonstrates the loss history for Land Rover Range Rover vehicles. For each coverage type, the loss probability for all vehicles combined as an average is considered to be 100. Numbers below 100 are indicative of better than average losses, while numbers shown that are more than 100 indicate higher probability of having a loss or statistically larger claims.
Land Rover Range Rover Insurance Claim Statistics
Vehicle Make and Model Collision Property Damage Comp Personal Injury Medical Payment Bodily Injury Land Rover Range Rover Evoque 2dr 4WD 159 Land Rover Range Rover Evoque 4dr 4WD 143 139 127 75 73 120 Land Rover Range Rover 4dr 4WD 169 116 332 34 104 Land Rover Range Rover 4dr LWB 4WD 223 397 Land Rover Range Rover Sport 4dr 4WD 166 103 252 47 46 88
Empty fields indicate not enough data collected
Statistics Source: Insurance Institute for Highway Safety for 2013-2015 Model Years
Do you qualify for discounts?
Properly insuring your vehicles can get expensive, but you might be missing out on some discounts that you may not even be aware of. Many of these discounts will be applied automatically at the time of quoting, but some discounts are required to be specially asked for before being credited.
- Lower Rates for Military - Being deployed in the military may lower your prices slightly.
- First Accident Forgiveness - Not a discount per se, but some insurance companies permit an accident before your rates go up if you are claim-free for a set time period.
- E-sign - A handful of car insurance companies will give a small break for signing up online.
- Distant Student - Any of your kids who attend college more than 100 miles from Aurora and don't have a car can be insured at a reduced rate.
- Driver Education Discount - Teen drivers should participate in a local driver's education class in school or through a local driver safety program.
- Senior Citizens - Drivers over the age of 55 are able to get a discount up to 10%.
- Membership in Organizations - Being a member of qualifying clubs or civic groups could qualify you for a break on your policy.
- Claim-Free Discount - Good drivers with no accidents are rewarded with significantly better rates on Aurora car insurance quote as opposed to bad drivers.
- Anti-theft Discount - Vehicles that have factory anti-theft systems are stolen with less frequency and will qualify for a discount on a Aurora car insurance quote.
Don't be shocked that most discounts do not apply to the overall cost of the policy. Most cut the price of certain insurance coverages like comprehensive or collision. Despite the appearance that all the discounts add up to a free policy, that's just not realistic.
Larger car insurance companies and a partial list of their discounts are:
- Progressive offers premium reductions for multi-policy, homeowner, online quote discount, good student, continuous coverage, and online signing.
- MetLife has discounts for good driver, multi-policy, accident-free, claim-free, good student, and defensive driver.
- Mercury Insurance discounts include accident-free, low natural disaster claims, type of vehicle, ease of repair, anti-theft, good student, and age of vehicle.
- Nationwide may offer discounts for defensive driving, accident-free, good student, anti-theft, and easy pay.
- GEICO may have discounts that include federal employee, daytime running lights, emergency military deployment, anti-theft, five-year accident-free, and defensive driver.
- AAA includes discounts for good driver, education and occupation, multi-policy, pay-in-full, AAA membership discount, and multi-car.
If you are trying to find affordable Land Rover Range Rover insurance quotes, ask every company the best way to save money. Discounts may not apply to policyholders in Aurora. To see providers who offer cheap Land Rover Range Rover insurance quotes in Colorado, click this link.
Insurance can get complicated
When it comes to buying proper insurance coverage, there really is no perfect coverage plan. Each situation is unique and your policy should reflect that. For instance, these questions could help you determine if your insurance needs might need professional guidance.
- Can my teen drive my company car?
- What does PIP insurance cover?
- Should I file a claim if it's only slightly more than my deductible?
- How much liability insurance is required?
- Does my insurance cover a custom paint job?
- Can I use my car for my catering business?
- I have good health insurance, so how much medical payments coverage do I need?
If it's difficult to answer those questions but a few of them apply, you might consider talking to an agent. If you don't have a local agent, fill out this quick form or click here for a list of insurance companies in your area. It's fast, free and can provide invaluable advice.
Buying insurance from Aurora insurance agencies
Some consumers prefer to have an agent's advice and there is nothing wrong with that. Licensed agents can point out coverage gaps and give you someone to call. The biggest benefit of getting free rate quotes online is that drivers can save money and get lower rates and still choose a local agent. And buying from local agents is especially important in Aurora.
For easy comparison, once you complete this form (opens in new window), the quote information is emailed to local insurance agents in Aurora who will return price quotes for your insurance coverage. There is no need to contact any insurance agencies since rate quotes are delivered instantly to you. In the event you want to compare rates from a specific company, you can always jump over to their website and submit a quote form there.
Not all car insurance agents are the same
If you're trying to find local Aurora agents, you must know there are a couple different agency structures and how they function. Insurance agents in Aurora can be described as either independent (non-exclusive) or exclusive. Both insure your vehicles properly, but it is a good idea to know how they are different because it can influence your agent selection.
Independent Insurance Agencies
Agents of this type do not sell for just one brand and that gives them the ability to insure with many different companies and get the cheapest rates. If prices rise, the business is moved internally which is easy for the insured.
When comparison shopping, we highly recommend that you compare prices from several independent insurance agents in order to compare the most rates. They often place coverage with companies that do not advertise much who may have lower rates.
Below is a short list of independent agencies in Aurora that can give you competitive price quotes.
- A All City Auto Insurance
9720 E Colfax Ave - Aurora, CO 80010 - (303) 364-0555 - View Map
- Diversified Commercial Insurers
2228 S Fraser St #2 - Aurora, CO 80014 - (303) 693-9343 - View Map
- Amercian Affordable Insurance: Arthur Blaszczyszn
10660 E Bethany Dr - Aurora, CO 80014 - (303) 577-9998 - View Map
Exclusive Insurance Agencies
These agents write business for a single company and some examples include Farmers Insurance or State Farm. They generally cannot place coverage with different providers so they have no alternatives for high prices. Exclusive insurance agents are well trained on their company's products which helps offset the inability to provide other markets. Consumers frequently buy from the same agent for years partially due to the brand name rather than having low rates.
Shown below is a short list of exclusive agencies in Aurora that are able to give rate quotes.
- Farmers Insurance - Archie Verhoeff
13743 E Mississippi Ave #100 - Aurora, CO 80012 - (303) 363-1757 - View Map
- Mark Peter State Farm Insurance Agency
12100 E Iliff Ave #104 - Aurora, CO 80014 - (303) 755-3220 - View Map
- Denise Smith - State Farm Insurance
1278 S Chambers Rd - Aurora, CO 80017 - (303) 343-3515 - View Map
Picking a auto insurance agent needs to be determined by more than just a cheap price. Here are some questions you might want to ask.
- Is the coverage adequate for your vehicle?
- When do they do policy reviews?
- Is there any savings for paying the full premium?
- Can they provide you with a list of referrals?
- Will vehicle repairs be made with aftermarket parts or OEM replacement parts?
- Will the company cover a rental car if your car is getting fixed?
- If they are an independent agency in Aurora, which companies do they recommend?
- Is working in the agency their full-time job?
Affordable coverage is out there
As you quote Aurora car insurance, do not buy poor coverage just to save money. In many cases, an accident victim reduced full coverage to discover at claim time that a couple dollars of savings turned into a financial nightmare. Your goal should be to purchase plenty of coverage for the lowest price, but don't skip important coverages to save money.
We've covered some good ideas how to compare Land Rover Range Rover insurance car insurance rates in Aurora. The key concept to understand is the more quotes you get, the higher the chance of saving money. Consumers could even find that the best price on auto insurance is with a smaller regional carrier. Regional companies may only write in your state and offer lower premium rates than their larger competitors like State Farm or Progressive.
For more information, feel free to visit these articles:
- What is Covered by an Auto Insurance Policy? (Insurance Information Institute)
- Who Has Cheap Car Insurance Quotes for a Subaru Outback in Colorado? (FAQ)
- What Car Insurance is Cheapest for 18 Year Olds in Colorado? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable Auto Insurance for Drivers with Bad Credit in Colorado? (FAQ)
- New Honda safety features benefit drivers of all ages (Insurance Institute for Highway Safety)
- How Much Auto Coverage do I Need? (Insurance Information Institute)
- Rental Car Insurance Tips (Insurance Information Institute)