Are you irritated from not being able to scrape enough together to make your insurance payment? Your situation is no different than millions of other consumers.
Statistics show that over 70% of Colorado drivers kept their coverage with the same insurance company for at least four years, and almost half have never compared rate quotes at all. American consumers can cut their rates by nearly $850 a year by just comparing quotes, but most tend to underestimate the rate savings if they moved their coverage to a different company. Due to the fact that there are so many insurance companies to choose from, it can be hard to pick the lowest cost insurance company.
Consumers should take time to do rate comparisons on a regular basis due to the fact that insurance rates are rarely the same from one policy term to another. Even if you got the best deal on Kia Soul insurance in Fort Collins on your last policy the chances are good that you can find a lower price today. Forget anything you know (or think you know) about insurance because I'm going to let you in on the secrets to the easiest way to find great coverage at a great price.
Learn How to Lower Your Insurance Rates
Lots of things are used when you quote your car insurance policy. Most are fairly basic like your driving record, but other factors are less apparent like where you live or how financially stable you are.
The itemized list below are just a few of the factors utilized by car insurance companies to help set prices.
- Rates can drop if you have more than one policy - Some auto insurance companies give better rates to insureds who consolidate policies with them, otherwise known as a multi-policy discount. The discount can be ten percent or more. Even if you qualify for this discount already, you may still want to comparison shop to verify if the discount is saving money.
- Cut prices and deter theft - Selecting a car model with a theft deterrent system can get you a discount on your auto insurance. Theft prevention devices like vehicle immobilizer systems, OnStar, and tracking devices like LoJack all help stop your car from being stolen.
- Getting married pays dividends - Your spouse actually saves money on your auto insurance bill. Having a significant other generally demonstrates drivers are more mature than a single person and statistics prove being married results in fewer claims.
- Your liability insurance limits - The liability coverage on your policy will provide protection if ever you are determined to be liable for physical damage or personal injury to other. Your policy's liability insurance provides legal defense coverage which can cost thousands of dollars. This coverage is relatively inexpensive compared to insuring for physical damage coverage, so buy as much as you can afford.
- Premiums for males may be higher - Statistics show females are less aggressive when driving. It does not mean males are worse at driving than females. Men and women get in accidents in similar numbers, but men tend to have more serious accidents. In addition to higher claims, males also have more aggressive citations such as driving while intoxicated (DWI) or driving recklessly.
- Pay more if you have a long commute - Choosing to live in small towns and rural areas can be a good thing when trying to find low car insurance rates. Fewer people means less chance of accidents. Residents of big cities regularly have traffic congestion and more time behind the wheel. More time behind the wheel means higher likelihood of an accident.
- Annual mileage and car insurance costs - The more you drive every year the higher your rate. Most insurance companies price each vehicle's coverage based upon how much you drive. Vehicles used primarily for pleasure use can be on a lower rate level than vehicles that are driven to work every day. Make sure your vehicle rating shows the correct driver usage, because improper ratings can cost you money. A policy that improperly rates your Soul can cost quite a bit.
- Responsible drivers have lower rates - Having a single ticket may cause rates to rise by twenty percent. Attentive drivers have lower premiums than their less careful counterparts. Drivers who have received careless tickets like hit and run, DWI or reckless driving convictions may need to complete a SR-22 with their state's department of motor vehicles in order to legally drive a vehicle.
- Kia Soul insurance claim data - Insurance companies factor in historical loss data in order to profitably underwrite each model. Vehicles that the data determines to have increased losses will cost more for coverage. The table below illustrates the insurance loss data used by companies for Kia Soul vehicles.
For each coverage category, the statistical loss for all vehicles, without regard to make or model, is equal to 100. Values that are 100 or less indicate better than average losses, while values that are above 100 show a trend for more claims or larger claims.
Insurance Loss Ratings for Kia Soul Vehicles
Vehicle Make and Model Collision Property Damage Comp Personal Injury Medical Payment Bodily Injury Kia Soul 89 98 84 138 138 118
Data Source: Insurance Institute for Highway Safety for 2013-2015 Model Years
All the larger insurance companies allow consumers to get pricing direct online. This process is possible for anyone as you simply type in your personal and coverage information on the page. Once you submit the form, their quoting system will obtain reports for credit and driving violations and gives you a price quote based on the data you entered. Quoting online for Kia Soul insurance in Fort Collins simplifies rate comparisons, and it is important to do this if you want to get the lowest payment on insurance.
To quickly compare rates using this form now, check out the insurance providers below. If you currently have coverage, we recommend you type in deductibles and limits exactly as shown on your declarations page. Doing this assures you're receiving a rate comparison using the exact same coverages.
The companies shown below offer price quotes in Fort Collins, CO. If several companies are displayed, we recommend you get rate quotes from several of them in order to find the cheapest rates.
|Model||Comp||Collision||Liability||Medical||UM/UIM||Annual Premium||Monthly Premium|
|Get Your Own Custom Quote Go|
Prices above based on single male driver age 30, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, $250 deductibles, and Colorado minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include homeowner, multi-vehicle, multi-policy, safe-driver, and claim-free. Rates do not factor in vehicle location which can lower or raise premium rates considerably.
Analysis of deductible levels
The information below illustrates how your deductible choice and can change Kia Soul insurance costs for different ages of insureds. The price estimates are based on a married male driver, comprehensive and collision coverage, and no discounts are taken into consideration.
Kia Soul annual premiums for males versus females
The example below compares Kia Soul insurance premiums for male and female drivers. The rates are based on a clean driving record, no claims, comprehensive and collision coverage, $250 deductibles, single marital status, and no discounts are applied.
Accidents and violations increase rates
The chart below demonstrates how citations and accident claims can drive up Kia Soul auto insurance costs for different categories of driver ages. The premium estimates are based on a single male driver, full physical damage coverage, $100 deductibles, and no discounts are factored in.
Well known brands might not be cheapest
Colorado consumers can't get away from ads for cheaper insurance by companies like GEICO, State Farm and Progressive. All the ads state the claim about saving some big amount after switching your policy.
But how can every company claim to save you money? Here is the trick they use.
Different companies give the best rates for the type of driver that earns them the most money. For example, this type of insured could be over the age of 40, has never had a claim, and does not commute to work. Someone that matches those criteria will most likely get cheap premium rates and is almost guaranteed to pay quite a bit less when switching companies.
Drivers who fall outside these criteria will have to pay a higher premium and ends up with the driver buying from a lower-cost company. The ad wording is "drivers who switch" not "everyone that quotes" can save as much as they claim. That is how insurance companies can confidently advertise the way they do.
Because each company has a different risk profile, you absolutely need to compare free Fort Collins car insurance quotes often. It's not possible to predict with any certainty which company will be your best fit.
Why car insurance is not optional
Despite the high cost, car insurance is a good idea for several reasons.
- Most states have mandatory liability insurance requirements which means the state requires specific minimum amounts of liability in order to drive the car legally. In Colorado these limits are 25/50/15 which means you must have $25,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $50,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $15,000 of property damage coverage.
- If your vehicle has a loan, most lenders will require you to carry insurance to guarantee payment of the loan. If you cancel or allow the policy to lapse, the bank will be required to insure your Kia for a much higher rate and require you to pay a much higher amount than you were paying before.
- Car insurance protects your vehicle and your assets. It will also cover hospital and medical expenses for both you and anyone you injure as the result of an accident. One policy coverage, liability insurance, will also pay attorney fees if someone files suit against you as the result of an accident. If damage is caused by hail or an accident, collision and comprehensive (also known as other-than-collision) coverage will pay to repair the damage.
The benefits of having insurance are definitely more than the cost, especially when you need to use it. Unknowingly, the average driver is overpaying over $850 per year so you should quote rates every year to ensure rates are inline.
These discounts can cut Kia Soul insurance rates
Insurance can be pricey, but companies offer discounts that can help lower your rates. Many of these discounts will be applied automatically when you quote, but some discounts are required to be manually applied prior to receiving the credit.
- Passive Restraint Discount - Cars that have air bags or automatic seat belts can get savings of 25 to 30%.
- Military Discounts - Being on active duty in the military may lower your premium rates slightly.
- Employee of Federal Government - Being employed by or retired from a federal job can save as much as 8% with certain companies.
- Life Insurance - Not all insurance companies offer life insurance, but some may give you lower premium rates if you buy life insurance from them.
- Clubs and Organizations - Participating in a professional or civic organization could trigger savings on your next renewal.
We need to note that some credits don't apply to the overall cost of the policy. Some only apply to specific coverage prices like liability, collision or medical payments. If you do the math and it seems like you can get free auto insurance, insurance companies wouldn't stay in business.
A few companies who may offer these discounts possibly include:
When getting free Fort Collins car insurance quotes, it's a good idea to every prospective company which discounts you qualify for. A few discounts may not be available in Fort Collins. If you would like to see a list of providers that offer some of these discounts in Colorado, follow this link.
When should I have guidance from an insurance agency?
Many drivers would prefer to sit down and talk to an agent and that is OK! Insurance agents can help you choose the best coverages and help in the event of a claim. One of the great benefits of getting free rate quotes online is the fact that you can find cheap insurance quotes and still choose a local agent. Supporting local insurance agents is definitely important in Fort Collins.
By using this short form, your insurance coverage information is immediately sent to participating agents in Fort Collins who want to provide quotes to get your business. You won't even need to do any legwork because prices are sent to you directly. If you need to get a rate quote from a specific insurance company, feel free to go to their quote page and submit a quote form there.
Listed below are agents in Fort Collins that can give you comparison quotes for Kia Soul insurance in Fort Collins.
Dave Lawser - State Farm Insurance Agent
4605 Ziegler Rd #1 - Fort Collins, CO 80528 - (970) 226-1306 - View Map
Choosing the best insurer should include more criteria than just the premium amount. The following questions are important to ask.
- Does the agent have a valid license to sell insurance in Colorado?
- Do clients work directly with the agent or are most inquiries handled by a CSR?
- Does the agent recommend any additional coverage?
- How often do they review coverages?
- How are they compensated?
- Do they reduce claim amounts on high mileage vehicles?
If you get good answers to any questions you have and locked in a price quote, you've probably found an insurance company that is a good match to properly service your insurance policy.
Frequent quotes can save
There are still a few companies who do not provide online price quotes and most of the time these small insurance companies sell through local independent agencies. Lower-priced Kia Soul insurance in Fort Collins can be found from both online companies as well as from independent agents in Fort Collins, and you need to comparison shop both to have the best chance of lowering rates.
When trying to cut insurance costs, you should never reduce coverage to reduce premium. There are too many instances where an insured cut physical damage coverage only to find out that they should have had better coverage. The aim is to buy a smart amount of coverage at the best price while still protecting your assets.
- How do I File a Claim? (Insurance Information Institute)
- Who Has Cheap Auto Insurance in Colorado? (FAQ)
- How Much are Auto Insurance Rates for Drivers Under 21 in Colorado? (FAQ)
- Which Company has the Cheapest Car Insurance in Northglenn, Colorado? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Colorado Auto Insurance for Welfare Recipients? (FAQ)
- What is the Cheapest Car Insurance in Loveland, CO? (FAQ)
- Who Has the Cheapest Auto Insurance Quotes for 4x4 Vehicles in Colorado? (FAQ)
- Should I Buy a New or Used Car? (Allstate)
- How to Avoid Common Accidents (State Farm)
- Eight Auto Insurance Myths (Insurance Information Institute)