Pricey car insurance in Fort Collins can bottom out your bank account and force you to prioritize other expenses. Performing a rate comparison is a great way to make sure you're not throwing money away.
Amazingly, a recent NerdWallet.com study showed that the vast majority of consumers have purchased from the same company for a minimum of four years, and almost half have never quoted rates to find cheap coverage. Fort Collins drivers can save about 35% each year just by getting comparison quotes, but they don't believe how much savings they would realize if they switched to a cheaper policy.
Drivers have many auto insurance companies to insure vehicles with, and although it's a good thing to have a choice, it can be more difficult to find the lowest rates for Chevy Cruze insurance in Fort Collins.
To get low cost Fort Collins car insurance quotes, there a variety of ways of comparing rate quotes from lots of Colorado auto insurance companies. The easiest way to find cheaper Chevy Cruze rates is to jump online and get quotes.
Comparing rates online is fast and free, and it replaces the need to go to insurance agents' offices. The ability to quote Chevy Cruze insurance online can eliminate the need for a local agent unless you have a complicated situation and need the personal advice of a local Fort Collins agent. You can, however, find lower rates online but still have the advice of a local agent.
When comparing auto insurance rates, know that getting more free quotes gives you a better chance of getting better pricing. Some regional insurers cannot provide price estimates online, so you should also compare price estimates from the smaller companies as well.
The companies in the list below have been selected to offer free quotes in Fort Collins, CO. If multiple companies are shown, we suggest you click on several of them to get the lowest price.
Check for these discounts on Chevy Cruze insurance in Fort Collins
Companies don't necessarily list all available discounts in a way that's easy to find, so the below list has a few of the more common as well as the least known ways to save on insurance. If you're not getting every credit possible, you are not getting the best rate possible.
- Multi-line Discount - Not all insurance carriers offer life insurance, but some may give you a discount if you purchase a life insurance policy as well.
- Savings for New Vehicles - Insuring a new Cruze is cheaper because new vehicles keep occupants safer.
- Accident Forgiveness Coverage - This isn't a discount exactly, but some companies like Allstate and GEICO will forgive one accident before raising your premiums as long as you don't have any claims for a specific time period.
- No Claims - Good drivers with no accidents have much lower rates as opposed to frequent claim filers.
- 55 and Retired - Drivers over the age of 55 could receive a discount up to 10%.
- Defensive Driving Course - Taking a class that teaches defensive driver techniques can save you 5% or more and easily recoup the cost of the course.
- Driver's Ed - Make teen driver coverage more affordable by requiring them to successfully complete driver's ed class in school or through a local driver safety program.
While discounts sound great, it's important to understand that most of the big mark downs will not be given to your bottom line cost. Most only reduce the price of certain insurance coverages like comp or med pay. Despite the fact that it seems like adding up those discounts means a free policy, companies wouldn't make money that way.
A few of the larger companies and some of the premium reductions they offer can be found below.
- The Hartford may offer discounts for air bag, good student, vehicle fuel type, driver training, anti-theft, defensive driver, and bundle.
- American Family may include discounts for early bird, TimeAway discount, good driver, air bags, and bundled insurance.
- Progressive may have discounts that include continuous coverage, online quote discount, multi-policy, multi-vehicle, good student, homeowner, and online signing.
- Travelers offers discounts including hybrid/electric vehicle, payment discounts, multi-policy, continuous insurance, student away at school, IntelliDrive, and multi-car.
- Farmers Insurance offers premium reductions for homeowner, bundle discounts, teen driver, youthful driver, early shopping, switch companies, and multi-car.
- USAA discounts include safe driver, good student, military installation, multi-policy, driver training, and annual mileage.
- Liberty Mutual offers discounts for new graduate, new move discount, safety features, multi-car, teen driver discount, multi-policy, and new vehicle discount.
Before purchasing a policy, check with every prospective company how you can save money. Some discounts listed above may not apply in Fort Collins. For a list of insurers who offer insurance discounts in Colorado, click this link.
Choosing Cruze insurance is an important decision
Even though Fort Collins Cruze insurance rates can get expensive, paying for insurance is mandatory in Colorado but it also protects more than you think.
- Just about all states have compulsory liability insurance requirements which means you are required to buy a specific level of liability insurance in order to drive the car legally. In Colorado these limits are 25/50/15 which means you must have $25,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $50,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $15,000 of property damage coverage.
- If you have a loan on your Chevy Cruze, most lenders will force you to buy insurance to ensure the loan is repaid in case of a total loss. If you let the policy lapse, the bank will be required to insure your Chevy at a much higher premium rate and require you to fork over the higher premium.
- Insurance safeguards not only your Chevy but also your assets. It also can pay for hospital and medical expenses for you, any passengers, and anyone injured in an accident. One of the most valuable coverages, liability insurance, will also pay attorney fees if you are sued as the result of your driving. If your Chevy gets damaged, collision and comprehensive coverages will pay to repair the damage.
The benefits of carrying enough insurance greatly outweigh the cost, particularly when you have a large claim. According to a survey of 1,000 drivers, the average driver is overpaying more than $869 every year so it's recommended you shop around every year to ensure rates are inline.
Tailor your car insurance coverage to you
When selecting adequate coverage, there isn't really a cookie cutter policy. Your situation is unique so this has to be addressed. Here are some questions about coverages that may help highlight whether or not you may require specific advice.
- When can my company non-renew my policy?
- Can I afford low physical damage deductibles?
- Is a fancy paint job covered?
- What does medical payments cover?
- What does UM/UIM cover?
- Why do I only qualify for high-risk insurance?
- Is my cargo covered for damage or theft?
- Am I covered when pulling a rental trailer?
- Do I have ACV or replacement cost coverage?
- When should I not file a claim?
If you're not sure about those questions but you know they apply to you, you may need to chat with a licensed agent. If you want to speak to an agent in your area, simply complete this short form or you can also visit this page to select a carrier
Compare rate quotes but buy from a neighborhood Fort Collins auto insurance agent
Some people would prefer to sit down with an agent. One of the great benefits of comparing insurance prices online is that you can find cheap rate quotes but also keep your business local.
After filling out this simple form, your coverage information is instantly submitted to local insurance agents who will give you quotes for your business. You won't even need to contact an agency due to the fact that quote results will go to your email. Get lower rates AND a local agent. If you have a need to quote rates from one company in particular, you just need to search and find their rate quote page to submit a rate quote request.
Picking the best insurer needs to be determined by more than just a cheap price. You should also get answers to these questions.
- Does the agency support the community they serve?
- What is the financial rating for the quoted company?
- Is there a Errors and Omissions policy in force?
- How many years have they been established?
- If you raise deductibles, how much can you save?
- Do you have coverage for a rental car if your vehicle is in the repair shop?
- How often do they review coverages?
Exclusive or Independent: There is a difference
When looking for local Fort Collins agents, it's important to understand the different types of agencies from which to choose. Auto insurance agencies are categorized either independent agents or exclusive agents.
Exclusive Auto Insurance Agencies
Exclusive agencies are contracted to one company and some examples include Farmers Insurance, State Farm, or Allstate. Exclusive agents cannot shop your coverage around so keep that in mind. Exclusive agencies are usually quite knowledgeable on their company's products which can be an advantage.
The following are exclusive agencies in Fort Collins that can give you price quote information.
American Family Insurance - Conrad Manyik Agency Inc.
5620 Fossil Creek Pkwy Ste 1100 - Fort Collins, CO 80525 - (970) 225-0304 - View Map
These agents can quote rates with many companies and that gives them the ability to insure with many different companies and find the cheapest rate. If they quote lower rates, your policy is moved internally and you don't have to do anything. When shopping rates, you will definitely want to get several quotes from a few independent agents to get the best comparison.
The following are Fort Collins independent insurance agencies that can give you rate quotes.