Are you sick of overpaying and want lower-priced auto insurance rates in Canon City, CO? If you are new to getting Canon City auto insurance quotes online, by this point your are probably overwhelmed by the sheer number local agents and online companies all advertising big savings.
It's hard to fathom, but the vast majority of consumers have purchased from the same company for at least the last four years, and just short of a majority have never compared rate quotes at all. Drivers in Canon City could save up to 35% every year by just shopping around, but most just don't grasp the benefits if they switched to a cheaper policy.
You need to get comparison quotes before your next renewal because insurance prices trend upward over time. If you had the best quotes on auto insurance a couple years back you can probably find a better rate now. Forget all the misinformation about auto insurance because you're about to learn the easiest way to properly buy coverages and cut your premium.
Locating the most cost-effective car insurance policy in Canon City is easy if you know what you're doing. Essentially anyone who needs lower cost car insurance will find lower prices. But Colorado consumers must learn how the larger insurance companies determine premium rates and use it to your advantage.
Get cheaper car insurance with discounts
Properly insuring your vehicles can get expensive, but you might already qualify for some discounts to help offset the cost. Some of these discounts will be visible at quote time, but a few need to be specifically requested before being credited.
- Anti-lock Brake Discount - Cars, trucks, and SUVs that have steering control and anti-lock brakes prevent accidents so you can save 10 percent or more.
- Pay Now and Pay Less - By paying your entire bill at once rather than paying in monthly installments you can avoid the installment charge.
- Seat Belt Discounts - Buckling up and requiring all passengers to buckle up before driving could save 15% off the PIP or medical payment premium.
- Smart Student Discounts - A discount for being a good student may save as much as 25% on a Canon City auto insurance quote. Earning this discount can benefit you well after school through age 25.
- No Charge for an Accident - Not necessarily a discount, but a few companies such as State Farm, Progressive and GEICO will let one accident slide before raising your premiums with the catch being you have to be claim-free prior to the accident.
- Passenger Safety Discount - Cars that have air bags or automatic seat belts can receive discounts of 20% or more.
- Multi-policy Discount - If you can bundle your homeowners and auto insurance and insure them both with the same insurance company you could earn a discount of over 10 percent off each policy depending on the company.
- Paper-free Discount - A handful of insurance companies will give you a small discount for buying your policy over the internet.
- Telematics Data - Insureds that choose to allow companies to study when and where they use their vehicle by using a small device installed in their vehicle such as State Farm's In-Drive may see discounts if they have good driving habits.
- Life Insurance - Some companies give a small discount if you purchase a life policy as well.
One last thing about discounts, most discounts do not apply to your bottom line cost. The majority will only reduce the cost of specific coverages such as liability and collision coverage. Despite the fact that it seems like having all the discounts means you get insurance for free, it doesn't quite work that way. Any amount of discount will help reduce the amount you pay for coverage.
Large car insurance companies and their offered discounts are:
- State Farm has savings for accident-free, student away at school, driver's education, Drive Safe & Save, safe vehicle, passive restraint, and anti-theft.
- Esurance may have discounts that include Pac-12 alumni, claim free, renters, anti-lock brakes, and online quote.
- Progressive includes discounts for multi-policy, good student, multi-vehicle, continuous coverage, and homeowner.
- Liberty Mutual discounts include exclusive group savings, teen driver discount, newly married, newly retired, hybrid vehicle, multi-car, and new vehicle discount.
- Auto-Owners Insurance may include discounts for multi-policy, student away at school, paid in full, group or association, and good student.
- GEICO offers discounts for multi-vehicle, good student, federal employee, air bags, anti-theft, and membership and employees.
Check with each company what discounts are available to you. Depending on the company, some discounts may not be offered everywhere. If you would like to choose from a list of providers that offer some of these discounts in Colorado, follow this link.
There are several ways of comparing rate quotes from companies that offer auto insurance in Colorado. By far the easiest way to compare insurance prices consists of shopping online. When quoting auto insurance, remember that comparing more quotes helps you find the best rates.
The providers in the list below can provide price quotes in Colorado. If more than one company is shown, it's a good idea that you visit two to three different companies in order to find the most affordable rates.
|Make, Model, and Trim Level||Annual Policy Premium||6-month Policy Premium||Monthly Premium|
|Chevrolet Malibu Hybrid||$926||$463||$77|
|Chevrolet Silverado LT Crew Cab 4WD||$1,032||$516||$86|
|Dodge Ram Crew Cab TRX 2WD||$1,252||$626||$104|
|Ford Edge SE 2WD||$1,016||$508||$85|
|Ford Escape Limited 4WD||$968||$484||$81|
|Ford Explorer Eddie Bauer 4WD||$1,274||$637||$106|
|Ford F-150 XLT Regular Cab 4WD||$882||$441||$74|
|Ford Focus SE 4-Dr Sedan||$1,190||$595||$99|
|Ford Fusion SEL AWD 4-Dr Sedan||$1,122||$561||$94|
|Honda Accord EX-L 2-Dr Coupe||$1,538||$769||$128|
|Honda CR-V EX 2WD||$1,178||$589||$98|
|Honda Civic EX-L 2-Dr Coupe||$1,516||$758||$126|
|Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Sport 4WD 4-Dr||$1,034||$517||$86|
|Kia Optima EX||$1,214||$607||$101|
|Nissan Altima 2.5 4-Dr Sedan||$1,090||$545||$91|
|Toyota Camry SE||$1,288||$644||$107|
|Toyota Corolla S||$1,176||$588||$98|
|Toyota RAV4 Sport 2WD||$1,220||$610||$102|
|Get Your Own Custom Quote Go|
Price data assumes single male driver age 40, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, $500 deductibles, and Colorado minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include claim-free, safe-driver, multi-vehicle, multi-policy, and homeowner. Estimates do not factor in specific garaging location which can influence coverage prices substantially.
Should you raise deductibles?
The hardest decision when buying coverage is which deductible level should you buy. The figures shown below may help you to understand the cost difference of buying low and high insurance deductibles. The first data set uses a $100 physical damage deductible and the second price table uses a $500 deductible.
Kia Optima rates are for example purposes only. To get rates for your specific vehicle, click here.
|Model||Comp||Collision||Liability||Medical||UM/UIM||Annual Premium||Monthly Premium|
|Get a Quote for Your Vehicle Go|
|Model||Comp||Collision||Liability||Medical||UM/UIM||Annual Premium||Monthly Premium|
|Get a Quote for Your Vehicle Go|
Above prices assume married male driver age 30, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, and Colorado minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include claim-free, safe-driver, homeowner, multi-policy, and multi-vehicle. Premium costs do not factor in specific zip code location which can raise or lower rates considerably.
Using the premium rates above, we can conclude that using a $100 deductible will cost in the ballpark of $26 more each month or $312 each year than quoting the higher $500 deductible. Since the policyholder would be required to pay $400 more out of your own pocket with a $500 deductible as compared to a $100 deductible, if you have at least 15 months between claim filings, you would probably be better off if you opt for a higher deductible.
Choices you make can decrease your costs
One of the most helpful ways to save on auto insurance is to to have a grasp of some of the factors that go into determining the level of your policy premiums. When you understand what positively or negatively impacts your premiums, this enables you to make decisions that can earn you much lower annual insurance costs. Many things are taken into consideration when you get your auto insurance bill. Some factors are common sense like an MVR report, although others are more transparent such as your credit history or your financial responsibility.
The factors shown below are some of the most rate-impacting factors used by companies to determine your rates.
Tickets cost more than a fine - Only having one ticket can bump up the cost by as much as thirty percent. Attentive drivers have lower premiums as compared to careless drivers. Drivers who have gotten license-revoking citations like reckless driving, hit and run or driving under the influence may find that they have to to complete a SR-22 with the DMV in their state in order to keep their license.
Raising physical damage deductibles saves money - Protection for physical damage, aka comp and collision, insures against damage to your car. Some examples of covered claims are colliding with a building, damage caused by hail, and damage from a fallen tree branch. Physical damage deductibles are the amount of money you are willing to pay if a covered claim is submitted. The higher the amount you are required to pay out-of-pocket, the bigger discount you will receive.
Stress out and pay more - Careers like real estate brokers, police officers, and financial analysts tend to have the highest average rates due to intense work-related stress and long work days. On the other hand, professions such as professors, historians and the unemployed have the lowest average rates.
Liability protection risk factors in - Liability coverage is the protection in the event that you are ruled to be at fault for physical damage or personal injury to other. It provides you with a defense in court which can cost a lot. Liability insurance is quite affordable when compared with rates for comp and collision, so drivers should carry high limits.
Men are more aggressive - Statistics have proven women tend to be less risk to insure than men. This data doesn't prove that women are BETTER drivers than men. Both sexes are responsible for at-fault accidents in similar numbers, but the male of the species tend to have higher claims. They also receive more major tickets such as driving while intoxicated (DWI) or driving recklessly.
Lower rates come with age - Mature drivers are more responsible, statistically cause fewer accidents, and tend to be get fewer driving tickets.Beginning drivers are known to be more careless with other occupants in the car therefore auto insurance rates are much higher.
Excellent credit saves on auto insurance - Having a good credit score is a big factor in determining what you pay for auto insurance. If your credit history is lower than you'd like, you could save money insuring your vehicle by taking the time to improve your credit score. Drivers who have very high credit ratings tend to file fewer claims and have better driving records than those with lower ratings.
Tailor your auto insurance coverage to you
Keep in mind that when it comes to choosing the best auto insurance coverage for your vehicles, there really is not a "perfect" insurance plan. Coverage needs to be tailored to your specific needs and your auto insurance should unique, too. These are some specific questions can aid in determining whether or not you may require specific advice.
- Do I need replacement cost coverage on my vehicle?
- What does PIP insurance cover?
- Can my babysitter drive my car?
- Am I better off with higher deductibles on my vehicle?
- Are my custom wheels covered?
- Are rock chip repairs covered?
If you can't answer these questions but one or more may apply to you, you may need to chat with an insurance agent. To find an agent in your area, complete this form or go to this page to view a list of companies.
Compare prices but buy from a neighborhood Canon City auto insurance agent
Many drivers still prefer to talk to an insurance agent and that is not a bad decision The best thing about comparing insurance online is you may find the best rates and still have a local agent.
For easy comparison, once you complete this simple form, your insurance data is submitted to local insurance agents who want to provide quotes for your coverage. You won't even need to search for any insurance agencies because prices are sent to your email. Get lower rates and a licensed agent to work with. If you wish to get a price quote from a specific insurance company, feel free to find their quoting web page to submit a rate quote request.
Finding a good insurance company is decision based upon more than just a cheap quote. The questions below may impact your decision as well.
- Is the agent properly licensed in Colorado?
- Do you need full coverage on every vehicle?
- Which company do they place the most coverage with?
- Are they able to provide referrals?
- Do they get extra compensation for selling add-on coverages?
Car insurance agents in Canon City come in two varieties
If you want to buy insurance from a reliable agent, it can be helpful to understand the types of agencies to choose from. Insurance agencies in Canon City are classified as either independent agents or exclusive agents depending on their employer.
Exclusive Insurance Agents
Agents in the exclusive channel have only one company to place business with and examples are State Farm, Allstate, or Farmers Insurance. They are unable to provide rate quotes from other companies so it's a take it or leave it situation. Exclusive agents receive a lot of sales training on their products and sales techniques which helps offset the inability to provide other markets. Some people will only buy from exclusive agents partially due to the prominent brand name rather than low rates.
Independent Agencies or Brokers
Agents in the independent channel can sell policies from many different companies so they have the ability to put coverage through lots of different companies and help determine which has the cheapest rates. If your premiums go up, an independent agent can move your coverage which makes it simple for you.
When comparing rate quotes, we highly recommend that you get rate quotes from a few independent agents to maximize your price options. Most independent agents also contract with small mutual carriers that may have much lower rates than larger companies.
Upon getting acceptable answers and an affordable coverage quote, it's possible that you found an insurance agency that can properly service your insurance policy. Keep in mind you are able to cancel your policy when you choose so don't assume you are locked into any particular company for the full term.
Buying the right vehicle insurance in Colorado is an important decision
Despite the potentially high cost of insurance, insurance may be required for several reasons.
- Almost all states have minimum mandated liability insurance limits which means state laws require specific minimum amounts of liability protection in order to license the vehicle. In Colorado these limits are 25/50/15 which means you must have $25,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $50,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $15,000 of property damage coverage.
- If you have a loan on your vehicle, it's guaranteed your bank will stipulate that you buy insurance to guarantee their interest in the vehicle. If you do not keep the policy in force, the bank will be required to insure your vehicle at a significantly higher premium and force you to reimburse them for the much more expensive policy.
- Insurance preserves not only your vehicle but also your assets. It will also pay for most medical and hospital costs that are the result of an accident. As part of your policy, liability insurance will also pay attorney fees if someone files suit against you as the result of an accident. If your vehicle gets damaged, your insurance policy will cover the repair costs.
The benefits of carrying enough insurance greatly outweigh the cost, particularly for liability claims. But the average American driver overpays as much as $750 every year so you should quote and compare rates at every policy renewal to be sure current rates are still competitive.
Persistent drivers can save
Lower-priced insurance in Canon City can be sourced both online and also from your neighborhood Canon City agents, so you need to shop Canon City auto insurance with both to get a complete price analysis. Some insurance providers don't offer online quoting and most of the time these smaller providers only sell coverage through independent agencies.
We've covered quite a bit of information on how to lower your insurance premium rates in Canon City. The most important thing to understand is the more rate quotes you have, the better your comparison will be. You may even be surprised to find that the best premium rates are with some of the smallest insurance companies. Some small companies may only write in your state and offer lower prices as compared to the big name companies such as GEICO and State Farm.
Much more information about insurance in Colorado can be read at the links below
- Credit and Insurance Scores (Insurance Information Institute)
- Who Has Affordable Colorado Car Insurance for a Hyundai Sonata? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable Auto Insurance for High Risk Drivers in Colorado? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable Car Insurance Quotes for Drivers Over Age 50 in Colorado? (FAQ)
- Who Has the Cheapest Colorado Auto Insurance for College Students? (FAQ)
- What Insurance is Cheapest for State Employees in Colorado? (FAQ)
- What is the Cheapest Auto Insurance in Greeley, Colorado? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable Colorado Auto Insurance for a 20 Year Old Female? (FAQ)
- Distracted Driving Extends Beyond Texting (State Farm)
- Bodily Injury Coverage (Liberty Mutual)
- Information for Teen Drivers (GEICO)
- Electronic Stability Control FAQ (iihs.org)