Searching for cheaper insurance for your Volvo S80 in Colorado could be a lot of work, but you can use these tips to find lower rates. There is a better way to shop for insurance so we're going to tell you the quickest way to quote coverages for a Volvo and find the lowest possible price from Denver insurance agents and online providers.
If you have a policy now or just want to save money, you can follow these tips to buy cheaper insurance and still have adequate protection. Finding the best-priced insurance in Denver is not as time-consuming as you think. Drivers only need to know the quickest way to get comparison quotes instantly.
Companies offering Volvo S80 insurance in Denver
The following companies provide free rate quotes in Denver, CO. If multiple companies are listed, we suggest you visit several of them to find the most affordable auto insurance rates.
|Model||Comp||Collision||Liability||Medical||UM/UIM||Annual Premium||Monthly Premium|
|S80 T6 AWD||$296||$630||$338||$20||$100||$1,384||$115|
|S80 Executive AWD||$294||$724||$396||$24||$118||$1,556||$130|
|S80 V8 AWD||$294||$596||$338||$20||$100||$1,348||$112|
|Get Your Own Custom Quote Go|
Price data assumes married male driver age 50, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, $250 deductibles, and Colorado minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include multi-vehicle, multi-policy, claim-free, safe-driver, and homeowner. Information does not factor in specific location information which can increase or decrease price quotes substantially.
Higher deductibles save money
The diagram below illustrates how your choice of deductibles and can raise or lower Volvo S80 premium costs for different insured age categories. The data assumes a married male driver, full coverage, and no other discounts are factored in.
Accidents and violations increase rates
The illustration below highlights how traffic violations and at-fault fender-benders influence Volvo S80 insurance prices for different ages of insureds. The prices are based on a married male driver, full coverage, $250 deductibles, and no discounts are applied.
What Determines Volvo S80 Insurance Prices?
An important part of buying insurance is that you know some of the elements that help calculate the price you pay for insurance. When you know what positively or negatively determines premiums, this enables informed choices that could help you find big savings. Multiple criteria are taken into consideration when you get a price on insurance. Some are pretty understandable like your driving record, but others are not quite as obvious like your continuous coverage and annual miles driven.
The following are just a few of the factors used by your company to calculate your premiums.
Insurance rates and age - More experienced drivers have been proven to be more responsible, cost insurance companies less in claims, and are generally more financially stable.Youthful drivers are statistically proven to be more careless when behind the wheel so insurance rates are higher.
Your location is important - Choosing to live in smaller towns and rural areas of the country can save you money when shopping for auto insurance. Fewer drivers translates into fewer accident claims in addition to lower liability claims Drivers who live in large Colorado cities have to deal with congested traffic and a longer drive to work. More time commuting means a statistically higher chance of an accident.
Is you occupation costing you more? - Did you know your occupation can influence how much you pay for insurance? Occupations such as fire fighters, business owners and medical professionals have higher premium rates attributed to high stress levels and extremely grueling work hours. On the flip side, professions such as farmers, athletes and performers receive lower rates.
Decrease premiums by maintaining coverage - Allowing your coverage to lapse is a sure-fire way to increase your renewal premiums. Not only will you pay higher rates, being ticketed for driving with no insurance may earn you a revoked license or a big fine.
Drive fewer miles and save - The more miles you rack up on your Volvo every year the higher your rate. A lot of insurance companies rate vehicles based upon how much you drive. Vehicles that sit idle most of the time qualify for better rates as compared to vehicles used primarily for driving to work. Verify your vehicle rating shows how each vehicle is driven. An incorrectly rated S80 may be costing you higher rates.
High credit scores save money - An insured's credit rating will be a significant factor in determining premium rates. Consumers who have high credit ratings tend to file fewer claims than drivers who have lower ratings. So if your credit rating is low, you could save money insuring your Volvo S80 by spending a little time repairing your credit.
Volvo S80 insurance loss probability - Insurance companies analyze claim trends for every vehicle when determining insurance costs. Models that historically have higher loss trends will have a higher cost to insure. The table below demonstrates the historical insurance loss data for Volvo S80 vehicles.
For each insurance policy coverage type, the statistical loss for all vehicles, regardless of make or model, is a value of 100. Values that are below 100 mean the vehicle has better than average losses, while percentage values above 100 indicate more frequent losses or an increased likelihood of larger losses.
Car Insurance Loss Data for Volvo S80 Models
|Vehicle Make and Model||Collision||Property Damage||Comp||Personal Injury||Medical Payment||Bodily Injury|
|Volvo S80 4dr 2WD||82|
|Volvo S80 4dr 4WD||93|
Empty fields indicate not enough data collected
Data Source: iihs.org (Insurance Institute for Highway Safety) for 2013-2015 Model Years
Cheap Denver auto insurance rates with discounts
Auto insurance is not inexpensive, but you might find some hidden discounts that many people don't even know exist. Certain reductions will be credited at the time you complete a quote, but some discounts are required to be requested specifically before you get the savings. If they aren't giving you every credit possible, you are not getting the best rate possible.
- Auto/Home Discount - If you insure your home and vehicles with one insurance company you will save over 10 percent off each policy depending on the company.
- Anti-theft Discount - Vehicles that have factory alarm systems and tracking devices are stolen less frequently and earn discounts up to 10% off your Denver car insurance quote.
- Drive Less and Save - Driving fewer miles can qualify you for cheaper rates.
- Denver Homeowners Discount - Simply owning a home may earn you a small savings because maintaining a house shows financial diligence.
- Student in College - Any of your kids who attend college more than 100 miles from Denver and do not take a car to college could qualify for this discount.
- Drivers Ed for Students - Reduce the cost of insurance for teen drivers by having them successfully complete driver's ed class as it will make them better drivers and lower rates.
- Onboard Data Collection - Drivers who elect to allow their company to study driving patterns by using a telematic data system like Drivewise from Allstate or In-Drive from State Farm could possibly reduce rates if they have good driving habits.
- Employee of Federal Government - Active or former government employment may reduce rates when you quote Denver car insurance depending on your company.
- Seat Belt Usage - Forcing all vehicle occupants to fasten their seat belts can save a little off PIP or medical payments premium.
- New Car Discount - Buying a new car instead of a used S80 can save up to 30% since newer models have better safety ratings.
While discounts sound great, it's important to understand that many deductions do not apply to all coverage premiums. The majority will only reduce the price of certain insurance coverages like comprehensive or collision. If you do the math and it seems like having all the discounts means you get insurance for free, it doesn't quite work that way.
Larger auto insurance companies and some of the discounts are detailed below.
- GEICO policyholders can earn discounts including air bags, anti-lock brakes, daytime running lights, multi-policy, multi-vehicle, good student, and defensive driver.
- SAFECO discounts include accident prevention training, safe driver, teen safety rewards, teen safe driver, anti-theft, and bundle discounts.
- State Farm includes discounts for defensive driving training, good student, anti-theft, passive restraint, Steer Clear safe driver discount, and safe vehicle.
- MetLife offers discounts for accident-free, good student, good driver, multi-policy, and claim-free.
- 21st Century offers premium reductions for automatic seat belts, 55 and older, air bags, homeowners, and early bird.
- Progressive may include discounts for good student, online signing, online quote discount, multi-policy, homeowner, and continuous coverage.
If you are trying to find the cheapest Volvo S80 rate quotes, ask all companies you are considering what discounts are available to you. Savings might not be offered in Denver. To find providers that have a full spectrum of discounts in Denver, click here to view.
You may want advice from an insurance agent
A lot of people still like to sit down with an agent and there is nothing wrong with that. Experienced insurance agents are very good at helping people manage risk and help file insurance claims. A good thing about getting free rate quotes online is that you can obtain the best rates and still choose a local agent.
To make it easy to find an agent, after completing this quick form, your insurance data is sent to participating agents in Denver that give free quotes to get your business. You won't even need to visit any agencies as quotes are delivered straight to your inbox. In the event you want to get a rate quote from a specific insurance provider, you just need to find their quoting web page and fill out their quote form.
Choosing an company should depend on more than just a cheap price. Here are some questions to ask:
- Does their agency support local causes in Denver?
- What companies can they write with?
- What company do they have the most business with?
- In the event of vehicle damage, can you pick the collision repair facility?
- Will you be dealing directly with the agent or with a Custom Service Representative (CSR)?
- Do they review policy coverages at every renewal?
Shown below is a list of auto insurance companies in Denver that may be able to provide price quote information for Volvo S80 insurance in Denver.
- Premier Group Insurance
1777 W 38th Ave #102 - Denver, CO 80211 - (303) 477-0505 - View Map
- Gonzalez Insurance Agency
6450 E Colfax Ave - Denver, CO 80220 - (303) 320-4901 - View Map
- Sorhage and James Insurance
1660 S Albion St # 1005 - Denver, CO 80222 - (303) 759-4551 - View Map
- Tiffany Meidinger - State Farm Insurance Agent
1100 Acoma St - Denver, CO 80204 - (720) 508-8760 - View Map
If you feel you receive satisfactory answers to all your questions and an affordable coverage quote, you have narrowed it down to an insurance company that is professional and can properly insure your vehicles. It's important to know that you have the power to terminate your policy for any reason so don't feel that you are permanently stuck with a policy for the full policy term.
Will just any policy work for me?
When choosing adequate coverage for your personal vehicles, there really is not a best way to insure your cars. Each situation is unique so your insurance should reflect that These are some specific questions can help discover whether or not you would benefit from an agent's advice.
- When can I cancel my policy?
- Is a driver training discount available?
- Should I waive the damage coverage when renting a car?
- Am I better off with higher deductibles on my Volvo S80?
- If I use my vehicle for business use is it covered?
- When should I have rental car coverage?
- Will my rates increase for filing one claim?
- How much liability coverage do I need in Colorado?
- Am I covered while delivering pizza?
- Am I covered if I hit my neighbor's mailbox?
If you're not sure about those questions but you know they apply to you, you might consider talking to a licensed insurance agent. If you want to speak to an agent in your area, simply complete this short form or you can go here for a list of companies in your area. It's fast, free and can help protect your family.
The best insurance company isn't always the cheapest
While you're price shopping online, make sure you don't buy lower coverage limits just to save a few bucks. Too many times, someone sacrificed collision coverage and discovered at claim time that they should have had better coverage. Your focus should be to find the BEST coverage at the best possible price, but do not skimp to save money.
Some insurance companies do not provide the ability to get a quote online and most of the time these smaller companies only sell coverage through local independent agents. Lower-priced insurance in Denver can be found both online as well as from independent agents in Denver, so compare prices from both to have the best chance of lowering rates.
Additional information is located on the following sites:
- Senior Drivers (Insurance Information Institute)
- What Insurance is Cheapest for a Subaru Forester in Colorado? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Car Insurance Quotes for a Subaru Outback in Colorado? (FAQ)
- What Auto Insurance is Cheapest for Veterans in Colorado? (FAQ)
- Who Has the Cheapest Auto Insurance Quotes for a 20 Year Old Male in Colorado? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable Auto Insurance for Drivers with Bad Credit in Colorado? (FAQ)
- What Car Insurance is Cheapest for Drivers Over Age 70 in Colorado? (FAQ)
- Driving in Bad Weather (Insurance Information Institute)
- How Does Hitting a Deer Impact Insurance Rates? (Allstate)
- What if I Can't Find Coverage? (Insurance Information Institute)
- Auto Insurance 101 (About.com)