Want to learn a better way to compare cheaper Scion iQ insurance in Fort Collins? Feel like you're a prisoner to high-priced Scion iQ insurance in Fort Collins? Don't feel bad because many Fort Collins drivers have buyer's remorse.
Unbelievable but true, over 70% of drivers have bought auto insurance from the same company for at least four years, and about 40% of consumers have never compared quotes from other companies. Fort Collins consumers could save almost 35% a year just by getting comparison quotes, but they don't believe how much savings they would realize if they switched.
Consumers have multiple car insurance companies to purchase coverage from, and although it's a good thing to have a choice, more choices can make it harder to find the lowest rates for Scion iQ insurance in Fort Collins.
Choosing the best rates in Fort Collins is actually quite simple. In a nutshell, every car owner who comparison shops for auto insurance stands a good chance to find a better price. But Colorado car owners should learn the way insurance companies charge you for coverage because rates are impacted by many factors.
Get affordable rates with discounts
Insuring your vehicles can cost a lot, but you might be missing out on some discounts that many people don't even know exist. Some of these discounts will be visible at quote time, but some discounts are required to be manually applied before you get the savings.
- Low Mileage Discounts - Driving less could qualify for discounted prices on garaged vehicles.
- Senior Discount - If you qualify as a senior citizen, you can possibly qualify for lower premium rates.
- Student Discount for Driver Training - Cut your cost by having your teen driver enroll in driver's education in high school.
- Student in College - Any of your kids who are enrolled in a college that is more than 100 miles from Fort Collins and do not take a car to college may be insured at a cheaper rate.
- More Vehicles More Savings - Insuring multiple cars on one policy can reduce rates for all insured vehicles.
- Early Signing - A few larger companies allow discounts for signing up before your current iQ insurance policy expires. This can save 10% or more.
- Military Rewards - Being deployed with a military unit could trigger a small discount.
- Good Students Pay Less - Maintaining excellent grades can be rewarded with saving of up to 25%. The good student discount can last up to age 25.
- Anti-theft Discount - Cars and trucks optioned with advanced anti-theft systems are less likely to be stolen and will save you 10% or more on iQ insurance in Fort Collins.
A little note about advertised discounts, most discounts do not apply the the whole policy. Some only apply to specific coverage prices like liability, collision or medical payments. Even though the math looks like adding up those discounts means a free policy, company stockholders wouldn't be very happy.
If you would like to see a list of companies with discount car insurance rates in Fort Collins, click here to view.
When looking for cheaper Fort Collins auto insurance quotes, there are a couple ways of comparing price quotes from many auto insurance companies in Colorado. The best method to find competitive insurance rates is to use the internet to compare rates.
It's so simple to compare auto insurance rate quotes online replaces the need to spend your day driving to local Fort Collins insurance agencies. Quoting and buying Scion iQ insurance online reduces the need to sit down with an agent unless you have a need for the professional assistance that you can only get from talking to an agent. Drivers can price shop online but have your policy serviced through an agent.
When quoting auto insurance, remember that comparing a large number of companies increases the chance that you will find more affordable rates. Some insurance companies are not set up to provide price estimates online, so it's recommended that you also compare prices from the smaller companies as well.
The companies shown below are our best choices to provide price comparisons in Colorado. If several companies are displayed, we suggest you get price quotes from several of them to get a more complete price comparison.
Insurance agent or online?
Many people would prefer to buy from a local agent and that is OK! One of the benefits of comparing rates online is the fact that drivers can get the best rates and still buy from a local agent.
For easy comparison, once you complete this short form, the quote information is instantly submitted to agents in your area who will give you quotes to get your business. It makes it easy because there is no need to contact an agency due to the fact that quote results will go immediately to your email address. You'll get the best rates and a licensed agent to work with. If for some reason you want to get a price quote from one company in particular, you just need to find their quoting web page and submit a quote form there.
Picking the best company requires you to look at more than just the quoted price. Get answers to these questions too.
- How much will you save each year by using a higher deductible?
- Is working in the agency their full-time job?
- What is their Better Business Bureau rating?
- Does the company have a solid financial rating?
- Is the agent CPCU or CIC certified?
- Can they give you a list of client referrals?
- How is replacement cost determined on your vehicle?
- What company holds the largest book of business for them?
Different types of auto insurance agents in Fort Collins
If you want to use a local Fort Collins insurance agency, it's helpful to know the different types of agents and how they differ in how they can insure your vehicles. Fort Collins agents can be described as either exclusive agents or independent agents.
Exclusive Car Insurance Agencies
Exclusive agencies work for only one company such as State Farm or Allstate. Exclusive agents cannot give you multiple price quotes so always compare other rates. Exclusive agents receive a lot of sales training on their products and sales techniques and that allows them to sell at a higher price point.
Below is a short list of exclusive agents in Fort Collins willing to provide price quotes.
American Family Insurance - Conrad Manyik Agency Inc.
5620 Fossil Creek Pkwy Ste 1100 - Fort Collins, CO 80525 - (970) 225-0304 - View Map
Independent Car Insurance Agents
Independent agencies often have many company appointments so they can write business through many companies and possibly get better coverage at lower prices. If premiums increase, your policy is moved internally and you won't have to switch agencies. If you are comparing car insurance prices, we recommend you get several quotes from at least one independent agent to have the most options to choose from.
Listed below is a list of independent agents in Fort Collins willing to provide comparison quotes.
Shop around and save
We covered some good ideas how to compare Scion iQ insurance rates in Fort Collins. The key concept to understand is the more you quote Fort Collins auto insurance, the better likelihood of getting low cost Fort Collins auto insurance quotes. Drivers may even discover the biggest savings come from an unexpected company. Some small companies may only write in your state and offer lower car insurance rates than the large multi-state companies such as Allstate and Progressive.
The cheapest Scion iQ insurance in Fort Collins can be purchased from both online companies and from local agencies, and you should compare price quotes from both in order to have the best chance of saving money. Some insurance companies may not provide internet price quotes and usually these regional insurance providers provide coverage only through local independent agents.
To read more, feel free to browse these articles:
- State Laws for Cellphones and Texting (iihs.org)
- Who Has Affordable Colorado Car Insurance for a Hyundai Sonata? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable Auto Insurance Quotes for Postal Workers in Colorado? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Car Insurance Quotes for Unemployed Drivers in Colorado? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable Colorado Car Insurance for Drivers Over Age 60? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Colorado Auto Insurance for Welfare Recipients? (FAQ)
- How Much are Colorado Auto Insurance Quotes for Drivers with a Bad Driving Record? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Car Insurance Quotes for a Nissan Rogue in Colorado? (FAQ)
- What Car Insurance is Cheapest for a Honda CR-V in Colorado? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable Auto Insurance Rates for High Mileage Drivers in Colorado? (FAQ)
- Dangers of fake or stolen airbags (Insurance Institute for Highway Safety)
- Car Insurance: When not to Skimp (BankRate.com)
- What Does No-Fault Insurance Cover? (Allstate)
- What is Gap Insurance? (Insurance Information Institute)