I really doubt anyone likes paying for car insurance, in particular when the cost is way too high.
Unthinkable but true, the vast majority of car insurance customers renewed their policy with the same company for four years or more, and roughly 40% of drivers have never shopped around. Most drivers in Colorado Springs could save an average of roughly 35% each year just by shopping around, but they think it's difficult to shop around.
Lots of insurers contend for your insurance dollar, and because of this it can be hard to compare insurers and get the definite lowest price on Nissan Maxima insurance in Colorado Springs.
The best way to compare rate quotes for Nissan Maxima insurance in Colorado Springs is to take advantage of the fact almost all companies pay for the opportunity to compare rate quotes. The one thing you need to do is provide a little information including the ages of drivers, types of safety features, if you went to college, and if you have an active license. That rating data is instantly provided to many highly-rated insurers and you will receive price estimates quickly.
If you would like to compare rates now, click here and enter your coverage details.
The companies shown below have been selected to offer quotes in Colorado. If multiple companies are listed, we suggest you click on several of them to get a more complete price comparison.
|Model||Comp||Collision||Liability||Medical||UM/UIM||Annual Premium||Monthly Premium|
|Maxima 3.5 S||$310||$496||$362||$22||$108||$1,298||$108|
|Maxima 3.5 SV||$262||$514||$330||$20||$98||$1,224||$102|
|Get Your Own Custom Quote Go|
Data rating is based on married female driver age 50, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, $250 deductibles, and Colorado minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include safe-driver, homeowner, multi-vehicle, claim-free, and multi-policy. Prices do not factor in the specific area where the vehicle is garaged which can increase or decrease premiums considerably.
The example below shows how different deductible levels and can affect Nissan Maxima insurance prices for different age groups. The rate quotes are based on a married female driver, full coverage, and no policy discounts are applied.
It may be expensive, but it's not optional
Despite the fact that car insurance is not cheap in Colorado Springs, insurance is required for several reasons.
- Just about all states have mandatory liability insurance requirements which means you are required to buy a minimum amount of liability insurance in order to be legal. In Colorado these limits are 25/50/15 which means you must have $25,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $50,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $15,000 of property damage coverage.
- If you have a loan on your Nissan, it's guaranteed your bank will stipulate that you buy insurance to guarantee their interest in the vehicle. If coverage lapses or is cancelled, the bank or lender will purchase a policy for your Nissan at a significantly higher premium and require you to fork over the higher premium.
- Insurance protects both your Nissan Maxima and your personal assets. It will also pay for medical transport and hospital expenses incurred in an accident. One policy coverage, liability insurance, will also pay to defend you if someone files suit against you as the result of an accident. If your car is damaged in a storm or accident, comprehensive (other-than-collision) and collision coverage will pay to repair the damage.
The benefits of insuring your car are without a doubt worth the cost, particularly if you ever have a claim. The average driver in America is overpaying more than $810 a year so you should quote and compare rates each time the policy renews to be sure current rates are still competitive.
Car insurance policy discounts you can't miss
Companies that sell car insurance don't always publicize every policy discount very clearly, so the following list contains a few of the more well known as well as some of the hidden discounts that you may qualify for.
- Sign Early and Save - A few car insurance companies offer discounts for renewing your policy prior to your current Maxima insurance policy expiration. This can save 10% or more.
- Air Bag Discount - Cars that have air bags and/or automatic seat belt systems could see savings of 20% or more.
- Good Student - This discount may save you up to 25%. You can use this discount normally up to age 25.
- Anti-theft Discount - Vehicles that have factory alarm systems and tracking devices are stolen less frequently and can earn a small discount on your policy.
- Memberships - Being a member of a professional or civic organization may earn a discount on your policy.
- Military Rewards - Being deployed in the military may lower your rates slightly.
- Drive Safe and Save - Safe drivers may receive a discount up to 45% than drivers with accident claims.
- Paper-free Discount - Many car insurance companies give back up to $50 for buying your policy on the internet.
- ABS Brakes - Cars and trucks with ABS and/or traction control are much safer to drive and the ABS can save up to 10%.
- Pay Early and Save - If you pay your bill all at once rather than paying in monthly installments you can avoid monthly service charges.
Don't be surprised that most discount credits are not given to the overall cost of the policy. A few only apply to specific coverage prices like medical payments or collision. Despite the fact that it seems like all those discounts means the company will pay you, nobody gets a free ride.
A list of car insurance companies and a partial list of their discounts are included below.
- State Farm may offer discounts for Steer Clear safe driver discount, student away at school, passive restraint, Drive Safe & Save, and good driver.
- American Family offers discounts including accident-free, multi-vehicle, defensive driver, good student, air bags, and TimeAway discount.
- AAA has discounts for multi-car, pay-in-full, good student, education and occupation, anti-theft, and good driver.
- GEICO policyholders can earn discounts including daytime running lights, seat belt use, membership and employees, air bags, and multi-policy.
- Mercury Insurance offers premium reductions for good student, multi-policy, good driver, anti-theft, accident-free, and type of vehicle.
- Farmers Insurance offers discounts for pay in full, early shopping, electronic funds transfer, business and professional, homeowner, and good student.
- Progressive has savings for continuous coverage, multi-policy, multi-vehicle, online signing, homeowner, and good student.
If you need lower rates, check with each company or agent which discounts you may be entitled to. Discounts might not be offered in your area. To see a list of providers that offer the discounts shown above in Colorado, click here to view.
Compare rate quotes but work with a local neighborhood Colorado Springs car insurance agent
Many drivers just want to sit down with an agent and that is just fine! An additional benefit of comparing rates online is you may find the best rates and still buy from a local agent.
Once you complete this short form, your information is immediately sent to local insurance agents in Colorado Springs that give free quotes and help you find cheaper coverage. It's much easier because you don't need to do any legwork because quoted prices will be sent to your email. You can get cheaper car insurance rates without having to waste a lot of time. If you have a need to get a rate quote from a specific car insurance provider, feel free to go to their quote page and fill out the quote form the provide.
Finding a good insurance company requires you to look at more than just a cheap quote. Before buying a policy in Colorado Springs, get answers to these questions.
- Do they specialize in personal lines coverage in Colorado Springs?
- How would your car be valued if totalled?
- What are their preferred companies if they are an independent agency?
- Is working in the agency their full-time job?
- When do they do policy reviews?
When searching for a reputable insurance agent or broker, you should know the different types of agents and how they are slightly different. Agencies in Colorado Springs are considered either exclusive or independent (non-exclusive).
These type of agents can only provide pricing for a single company like Allstate, State Farm and Farm Bureau. Exclusive agencies are unable to provide prices from multiple companies so they are skilled at selling on more than just price. These agents receive a lot of sales training on what they offer which helps them compete with independent agents.
The following is a short list of exclusive insurance agencies in Colorado Springs that can give you rate quotes.
American Family Insurance - Jim Whitlock Agency LLC
8540 Scarborough Dr Ste 220 - Colorado Springs, CO 80920 - (719) 591-6336 - View Map
Independent Agencies or Brokers
Agents in the independent channel can sell policies from many different companies and that gives them the ability to insure with an assortment of companies and find you cheaper rates. If your agent finds better pricing, the business is moved internally which makes it simple for you.
When searching for an agent, we recommend you check rates from a few independent agents in order to compare the most rates.
Below is a list of independent agents in Colorado Springs that are able to give price quotes.
Don't give up on cheaper coverage
When trying to cut insurance costs, never skimp on coverage in order to save money. There are a lot of situations where an insured dropped uninsured motorist or liability limits to discover at claim time that the few dollars in savings costed them thousands. Your aim should be to purchase plenty of coverage at a price you can afford but still have enough coverage for asset protection.
In this article, we covered a lot of techniques to lower your Nissan Maxima insurance rates in Colorado Springs. The key thing to remember is the more you quote Colorado Springs car insurance, the more likely it is that you will get a better rate. You may even find the biggest savings come from some of the lesser-known companies. Smaller companies can often provide lower car insurance rates in certain areas as compared to the big name companies such as Progressive or GEICO.
Cheaper Nissan Maxima insurance in Colorado Springs is definitely available on the web and from local insurance agents, and you need to price shop both to have the best selection. A few companies do not offer online price quotes and these regional carriers only sell through independent agents.
- How to Avoid Staged Accidents (State Farm)
- Who Has Cheap Car Insurance Quotes for a Subaru Outback in Colorado? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable Colorado Auto Insurance for a Honda Accord? (FAQ)
- What Car Insurance is Cheapest for 17 Year Olds in Colorado? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Auto Insurance for 16 Year Olds in Colorado? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable Colorado Car Insurance Rates for a Company Car? (FAQ)
- What Car Insurance is Cheapest for 18 Year Olds in Colorado? (FAQ)
- Choosing an Insurance Company (Insurance Information Institute)
- Coverage Information (Progressive Insurance)
- Insuring a Leased Car (Insurance Information Institute)