Want to save money and find the cheapest Mazda 2 insurance in Denver? Do you think you bought an overpriced auto insurance policy? Trust us when we tell you there are many Denver consumers feeling the pinch from expensive auto insurance.
Unbelievable but true, the vast majority of consumers have stayed with the same insurance company for four years or more, and just under half have never compared rates to find cheaper insurance. Most drivers in America can cut their rates by roughly $850 a year, but they underestimate the big savings they would realize if they bought a different policy. With consumers having so many different company options, it's difficult to locate the lowest price insurer.
Get affordable rates by taking advantage of discounts
Not too many consumers would say insurance is affordable, but discounts can save money and there are some available that could help you make your next renewal payment. Some of these discounts will be visible when you complete an application, but some discounts are required to be requested specifically prior to getting the savings. If you check and find you aren't receiving every discount you qualify for, you're just leaving money on the table.
- Paperwork-free - A handful of larger companies will discount your bill up to fifty bucks for buying a policy and signing up digitally online.
- Policy Bundle Discount - If you can bundle your auto and homeowners insurance with one company you will save as much as 10 to 15 percent.
- Early Payment Discounts - By making one initial payment rather than paying monthly you can avoid the installment charge.
- Good Student - Getting good grades can save 20 to 25%. Earning this discount can benefit you well after school through age 25.
- Distant Student Discount - Youth drivers who are attending college and leave their car at home could qualify for this discount.
- Good Driver Discounts - Insureds without accidents can pay as much as 50% less as compared to drivers with claims.
- Passenger Safety Discount - Factory options such as air bags could see savings of 20% or more.
Keep in mind that some credits don't apply to the overall cost of the policy. Most cut specific coverage prices like comp or med pay. Despite the fact that it seems like you could get a free insurance policy, you're out of luck.
Companies that possibly offer many of the previously listed discounts may include but are not limited to:
It's a good idea to ask each insurance company what discounts are available to you. Some discounts might not apply in your state. To see a list of insurance companies that offer discounts in Colorado, follow this link.
The easiest way to compare insurance rates in your area is to know car insurance companies provide online access to give free rates quotes. All consumers are required to do is provide details including if you require a SR-22, if you went to college, any included safety features, and your general credit rating. That information is then sent to multiple different insurance companies and you get price estimates within a short period of time.
To find lower lower-cost Mazda 2 insurance rates now, click here and enter the information requested.
The car insurance companies shown below have been selected to offer price quotes in Colorado. If multiple providers are shown, we recommend you visit several of them to get a more complete price comparison.
What Determines Mazda 2 Insurance Rates?
Many factors are taken into consideration when quoting car insurance. Most are fairly basic like your driving record, but others are not as apparent such as your credit history or your vehicle rating. One of the most helpful ways to save on car insurance is to to have a grasp of the rating factors that help determine your car insurance rates. If you understand what influences your rates, this enables informed choices that can earn you lower premium levels.
The factors shown below are some of the things used by your company to calculate your rate level.
- Higher coverage deductibles are cheaper - The deductibles you choose state the amount of money you are required to spend out-of-pocket before your car insurance pays a claim. Insurance for physical damage, otherwise known as comp (or other than collision) and collision, is used to repair damage to your car. Examples of covered claims would be collision with another vehicle, animal collisions, and damage caused by road hazards. The more of the claim you pay before a claim is paid (deductible), the less money you will pay for car insurance.
- Gender and insurance - The statistics show females are less aggressive when driving. However, this does not mean males are worse at driving than females. Both genders are in accidents at about the same rate, but the males have costlier accidents. Men also statistically receive more major tickets like DUI and reckless driving. Young males cause the most accidents and thus pay the highest rates.
- Traffic violations can increase premiums - Your driving record has a huge affect on how much you pay. Careful drivers pay less for auto insurance as compared to those with violations. Having a single moving violation may increase your cost substantially. Drivers unfortunate enough to have dangerous violations such as reckless driving or DUI are required to file a SR-22 with their state motor vehicle department in order to legally drive a vehicle.
- Put fewer miles on your vehicle - Driving a lot of miles every year the higher the price you pay to insure it. A lot of insurance companies apply a rate based on how the vehicle is used. Vehicles that do not get driven very much receive better premium rates compared to those used for work or business. Double check that your declarations sheet shows the correct driver usage. Having an incorrect usage rating on your 2 may be costing you.
- Drive a safer car and pay less - Safer cars can get you lower premiums. Vehicles built for safety reduce occupant injuries and any reduction in injury severity means less claims paid passed on to you as lower rates.
- Do you qualify for a multi-policy discount? - Many car insurance companies provide a discount to buyers who consolidate policies with them in the form of a multi-policy discount. The discount can be five, ten or even twenty percent. Even if you're getting this discount it's in your best interest to compare other company rates to guarantee you are still saving the most.
- Pay less if you're married - Getting married actually saves money on your car insurance bill. Having a significant other may mean you are more mature and statistics show married drivers get in fewer accidents.
- With age comes responsibility - Youthful drivers in Colorado have a tendency to be more careless when driving with friends so car insurance rates are higher. Adding a first-time driver onto a policy can increase premiums substantially. Older, more experienced drivers have been proven to be more responsible, cause fewer claims and accidents, and are generally more financially stable.
Will just any policy work for me?
When quoting and choosing the right insurance coverage, there really isn't a best way to insure your cars. Every insured's situation is different.
Here are some questions about coverages that may help highlight if you will benefit from professional help.
- What does medical payments cover?
- Are rental cars covered under my policy?
- What vehicles should carry emergency assistance coverage?
- If I use my vehicle for business use is it covered?
- What should my uninsured motorist coverage limits be in Colorado?
- Will I be non-renewed for getting a DUI or other conviction?
- Does my policy cover me when driving someone else's vehicle?
- Should I drop comprehensive coverage on older vehicles?
- Does my Mazda 2 need full coverage?
If you're not sure about those questions but you know they apply to you, you may need to chat with an insurance agent. To find an agent in your area, fill out this quick form. It's fast, doesn't cost anything and you can get the answers you need.
You may require the services of an insurance agency
A lot of people just want to talk to a local agent and that is OK! Good insurance agents will help you protect your assets and help file insurance claims. The best thing about getting online price quotes is the fact that drivers can get the best rates and still buy from a local agent.
To find an agent, once you fill out this quick form, your insurance data is emailed to agents in your area who will give you quotes to get your business. It's much easier because you don't need to search for an agent due to the fact that quote results will go to you directly. If you need to compare rates from a specific insurance company, feel free to find their quoting web page and complete a quote there.
Deciding on an insurer shouldn't rely on just the bottom line cost. These are some questions your agent should answer.
- Will they give you a referral list?
- Does the company use OEM repair parts?
- Do the coverages you're quoting properly cover your vehicle?
- Do they get extra compensation for selling add-on coverages?
- Do clients work directly with the agent or are most inquiries handled by a CSR?
- Is the agency active in community causes in Denver?
- Which companies do they recommend if they are an independent agency?
- Does the agency have a good rating with the Better Business Bureau?
If you would like to find a reputable agency, there are two types of agencies and how they are slightly different. Car insurance agents are considered either independent agents or exclusive agents depending on their employer. Both types of agents can insure your vehicles properly, but it's worth mentioning the differences since it may influence the kind of agent you use.
Exclusive Insurance Agencies
Agents that choose to be exclusive generally can only insure with one company like Farmers Insurance and State Farm. They generally cannot compare rates from other companies so they are skilled at selling on more than just price. These agents are usually well trained on their products and sales techniques which helps them sell insurance even at higher premiums.
Below are exclusive agencies in Denver who can help you get rate quotes.
Independent Car Insurance Agencies
These type of agents are not employed by one company so as a result can place your coverage through lots of different companies and possibly get better coverage at lower prices. If they quote lower rates, your agent can switch companies and you won't have to switch agencies. If you need cheaper car insurance rates, it's recommended you include price quotes from a few independent agents so that you have a good selection of quotes to compare.
Listed below are independent insurance agents in Denver that are able to give rate quotes.
Car insurance is an important decision
Despite the high insurance cost for a Mazda 2 in Denver, insuring your vehicle serves an important purpose.
- Most states have mandatory liability insurance requirements which means you are required to carry specific limits of liability protection in order to be legal. In Colorado these limits are 25/50/15 which means you must have $25,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $50,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $15,000 of property damage coverage.
- If you bought your 2 with a loan, almost every bank will stipulate that you buy full coverage to ensure loan repayment if the vehicle is totalled. If you default on your policy, the bank will be required to insure your Mazda at a more expensive rate and force you to pay for the expensive policy.
- Insurance safeguards your vehicle and your assets. It also can pay for most medical and hospital costs for yourself as well as anyone injured by you. One policy coverage, liability insurance, also pays expenses related to your legal defense if anyone sues you for causing an accident. If your vehicle suffers damage from an accident or hail, collision and comprehensive coverages will pay to repair the damage.
The benefits of buying car insurance definitely exceed the cost, particularly when you have a large claim. But the average American driver is overpaying more than $700 annually so you should quote and compare rates at every renewal to ensure rates are competitive.
Cover all your bases
Drivers who switch companies do it for any number of reasons including being labeled a high risk driver, policy non-renewal, an unsatisfactory settlement offer or questionable increases in premium. Regardless of your reason for switching companies, finding the right insurance provider is not as difficult as it may seem.
When you buy Denver auto insurance online, it's a bad idea to buy less coverage just to save a little money. There are a lot of situations where drivers have reduced comprehensive coverage or liability limits and discovered at claim time that it was a big mistake. Your objective should be to buy enough coverage for the lowest cost, but do not sacrifice coverage to save money.
Lower-priced Mazda 2 insurance in Denver is definitely available both online and from local agencies, and you need to price shop both in order to have the best chance of saving money. Some companies may not have online quoting and most of the time these smaller companies only sell coverage through independent agencies.
Even more information can be read in the articles below:
- What is Covered by GAP Insurance? (Allstate)
- Who Has Cheap Auto Insurance for a Nissan Altima in Colorado? (FAQ)
- What Auto Insurance is Cheapest for Handicapped Drivers in Colorado? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Colorado Auto Insurance for Welfare Recipients? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable Auto Insurance Rates for Teachers in Colorado? (FAQ)
- What Car Insurance is Cheapest for Homeowners in Colorado? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable Colorado Auto Insurance for a 20 Year Old Female? (FAQ)
- Determing Auto Insurance Rates (GEICO)
- Tread Depth and Tire Safety (State Farm)
- Vehicle Insurance in the U.S. (Wikipedia)