Want to know how to find lower-priced auto insurance rates in Fort Collins, CO? Fort Collins drivers have a choice when trying to find the lowest priced Dodge Durango insurance. You can either spend your time driving around trying to get quotes or use the internet to get rate quotes.
There are both good and bad ways to find auto insurance online and you need to know the absolute fastest way to get price quotes for a Dodge and find the lowest possible price either online or from Fort Collins insurance agents.
Low-cost companies for Dodge Durango insurance in Colorado
The car insurance companies shown below offer quotes in Fort Collins, CO. If the list has multiple companies, it's highly recommended you visit two to three different companies in order to find the most competitive rates.
Do you qualify for discounts on Dodge Durango insurance in Fort Collins?
Some insurance providers don't always advertise every discount very clearly, so the following list contains both well-publicized and the harder-to-find credits that may apply to you.
- Telematics Devices - Drivers that enable their insurance company to scrutinize vehicle usage by installing a telematics device such as In-Drive from State Farm or Allstate's Drivewise system could see a rate decrease as long as the data is positive.
- Early Switch Discount - Some larger companies give discounts for buying a policy before your current coverage expires. You could save around 10% when you buy Fort Collins car insurance online.
- Federal Government Employee - Simply working for the federal government may qualify for a discount when you quote Fort Collins car insurance but check with your company.
- Passenger Safety Discount - Vehicles equipped with air bags or automatic seat belts can get savings of 25 to 30%.
- Multiple Policy Discount - When you combine your auto and home insurance and place coverage with the same company you could get a discount of 10% to 20% off each policy.
- Professional Organizations - Being in qualifying clubs or civic groups is a simple method to lower premiums when shopping for car insurance.
- New Vehicle Savings - Putting insurance coverage on a new Durango can get you a discount compared to insuring an older model.
- Resident Student - Kids who attend college more than 100 miles from Fort Collins and do not have a car may be able to be covered for less.
- Accident Forgiveness Coverage - This one is not really a discount per se, but companies like Liberty Mutual and GEICO will turn a blind eye to one accident before raising your premiums so long as you are claim-free prior to being involved in the accident.
- Drive Less and Save - Low annual miles could qualify for better car insurance rates on cars that stay parked.
One last thing about discounts, some credits don't apply to your bottom line cost. Most only cut individual premiums such as collision or personal injury protection. So when the math indicates all the discounts add up to a free policy, insurance companies wouldn't stay in business.
If you would like to view companies that offer some of these discounts in Fort Collins, click here.
When should I have guidance from an agent?
Many drivers prefer to visit with an insurance agent and that is recommended in a lot of cases Professional insurance agents can help you build your policy and give you someone to call. An additional benefit of price shopping on the web is that drivers can save money and get lower car insurance rates and also buy local. And providing support for local agencies is definitely important in Fort Collins.
To make it easy to find an agent, after completing this quick form, the coverage information is sent to local insurance agents that can give you free Fort Collins car insurance quotes for your insurance coverage. There is no need to contact an agency as quotes are delivered to the email address you provide. If you have a need to compare prices from a specific insurance company, feel free to search and find their rate quote page and submit a quote form there.
What type of Fort Collins auto insurance agent is right for you?
When narrowing the list to find a reputable agency, it can be helpful to understand the different agency structures and how they work. Agents are either exclusive or independent (non-exclusive). Both do a good job, but it's important to point out why they differ since it can affect the kind of agent you use.
Independent Auto Insurance Agents
These type of agents can quote rates with many companies and that enables them to quote your coverage through lots of different companies and possibly get better coverage at lower prices. If prices rise, the agent simply finds a different carrier which requires no work on your part. If you are comparing auto insurance prices, you definitely need to get rate quotes from several independent agencies for maximum quote selection. Most also have access to mutual insurance companies which may provide better rates.
Below is a partial list of independent insurance agents in Fort Collins who may provide cheap rate quotes.
- Skies West Insurance Agency, inc
1531 Riverside Ave - Fort Collins, CO 80524 - (970) 223-7611 - View Map
- Mitchell Zuber Insurance Agency
2850 McClelland Dr #3000 - Fort Collins, CO 80525 - (970) 207-0600 - View Map
- A Adam Sater Agency
1719 E Mulberry St - Fort Collins, CO 80524 - (970) 663-5811 - View Map
Exclusive Auto Insurance Agencies
Agents of this type can usually just insure with one company such as Allstate, State Farm and Farmers Insurance. These agents are unable to give you multiple price quotes so they have no alternatives for high prices. Exclusive agents are highly trained on their company's products which helps them sell insurance even at higher premiums. Some insured continue to purchase coverage from exclusives partially due to loyalty to the company and the convenience of having a single billing for all their coverages.
Shown below is a list of exclusive agencies in Fort Collins willing to provide price quote information.
- American Family Insurance - Cindy Gerk Agency LLC
4050 S Timberline Rd Unit 100 - Fort Collins, CO 80525 - (970) 377-0676 - View Map
- Allstate Insurance: Ed Andrews
4519 S College Ave b - Fort Collins, CO 80525 - (970) 482-7400 - View Map
- Allstate Insurance: Greg L. Howell
816 S College Ave - Fort Collins, CO 80524 - (970) 482-2200 - View Map
Finding the right car insurance agent requires you to look at more than just the quoted price. Agents should be asked these questions:
- Is vehicle damage repaired with OEM or aftermarket parts?
- Are there any discounts for paying up front?
- How often do they review coverages?
- Which company do they place the most coverage with?
- Can you contact them at any time?
- Who is covered by the car insurance policy?
After getting acceptable answers to any questions you have as well as offering an affordable quote, it's possible that you found an auto insurance agent that is professional and can properly service your auto insurance policy.
Understanding the coverages of your car insurance policy aids in choosing the best coverages at the best deductibles and correct limits. Policy terminology can be ambiguous and coverage can change by endorsement.
Medical payments and PIP coverage
Med pay and PIP coverage kick in for bills like surgery, nursing services, chiropractic care and dental work. The coverages can be used to fill the gap from your health insurance plan or if there is no health insurance coverage. They cover both the driver and occupants in addition to any family member struck as a pedestrian. Personal Injury Protection is not universally available and may carry a deductible
Comprehensive auto coverage
This coverage pays for damage OTHER than collision with another vehicle or object. You first must pay your deductible then your comprehensive coverage will pay.
Comprehensive coverage protects against things like vandalism, rock chips in glass and a broken windshield. The most a car insurance company will pay at claim time is the ACV or actual cash value, so if your deductible is as high as the vehicle's value it's probably time to drop comprehensive insurance.
This provides protection from damage that occurs to a person or their property that is your fault. This coverage protects you against claims from other people, and does not provide coverage for damage to your own property or vehicle.
Liability coverage has three limits: per person bodily injury, per accident bodily injury, and a property damage limit. As an example, you may have policy limits of 25/50/15 that translate to a limit of $25,000 per injured person, a limit of $50,000 in injury protection per accident, and a limit of $15,000 paid for damaged property. Alternatively, you may have one number which is a combined single limit which provides one coverage limit without having the split limit caps.
Liability coverage protects against things such as repair costs for stationary objects, medical services, court costs and pain and suffering. How much liability should you purchase? That is your choice, but you should buy as large an amount as possible. Colorado requires minimum liability limits of 25/50/15 but you should consider buying better liability coverage.
This coverage pays for damage to your Durango resulting from a collision with another vehicle or an object, but not an animal. You will need to pay your deductible then the remaining damage will be paid by your insurance company.
Collision coverage pays for things like scraping a guard rail, backing into a parked car, rolling your car and colliding with another moving vehicle. This coverage can be expensive, so consider dropping it from vehicles that are older. Drivers also have the option to raise the deductible on your Durango to bring the cost down.
UM/UIM (Uninsured/Underinsured Motorist) coverage
Your UM/UIM coverage protects you and your vehicle's occupants from other motorists when they do not carry enough liability coverage. Covered claims include injuries sustained by your vehicle's occupants as well as your vehicle's damage.
Because many people only purchase the least amount of liability that is required (25/50/15), it doesn't take a major accident to exceed their coverage limits. So UM/UIM coverage is very important. Frequently the UM/UIM limits are similar to your liability insurance amounts.
Don't give up on cheap rates
When buying insurance coverage, don't be tempted to reduce coverage to reduce premium. In many cases, an insured cut comprehensive coverage or liability limits only to discover later that the savings was not a smart move. The aim is to buy a smart amount of coverage for the lowest cost and still be able to protect your assets.
Insureds switch companies for many reasons like extreme rates for teen drivers, denial of a claim, lack of trust in their agent and policy non-renewal. It doesn't matter what your reason, switching insurance companies is less work than it seems.
Low-cost Dodge Durango insurance in Fort Collins is attainable both online as well as from insurance agents, so you should compare both so you have a total pricing picture. Some companies do not provide the ability to get quotes online and many times these regional carriers only sell coverage through local independent agents.
Helpful learning opportunities
- Event Data Recorders FAQ (iihs.org)
- How Much are Colorado Car Insurance Quotes for a Toyota Highlander? (FAQ)
- How Much is Auto Insurance for Hybrid Vehicles in Colorado? (FAQ)
- How Much is Auto Insurance for Used Cars in Colorado? (FAQ)
- What Auto Insurance is Cheapest in Security-Widefield, Colorado? (FAQ)
- Five Mistakes to Avoid (Insurance Information Institute)
- Tread Depth and Tire Safety (State Farm)