Nobody I know looks forward to paying premiums for car insurance, especially when they know it costs too dang much.
A recent NerdWallet.com study revealed that the majority of drivers kept their coverage with the same car insurance company for at least the last four years, and almost half have never quoted car insurance rates at all. The average driver in Colorado can save almost $605 each year by just shopping around, but most tend to underestimate the amount of savings they would get if they switched to a cheaper policy. With so many choices of insurance companies that have affordable insurance for a Chevy Impala in Aurora, it is hard for the average consumer to pick the right insurance company.
How to get Aurora Chevy Impala insurance quotes
Most larger insurance companies allow consumers to get insurance quotes on the web. Doing online price comparisons for Chevy Impala insurance in Aurora is pretty painless as you simply type in the amount of coverage you want as detailed in the form. Once you submit the form, their rating system pulls your driving and credit reports and returns a price quote based on these factors. This streamlines rate comparisons, and it is imperative to perform this step if you want to find the lowest possible payments on insurance.
To find out if lower rates are available, compare rate quotes from the providers shown below. To compare your current rates, we recommend you replicate deductibles and limits just like they are on your policy. This guarantees you will have rate quotes for the exact same coverage.
The companies in the list below are ready to provide free quotes in Aurora, CO. If multiple companies are shown, it's a good idea that you visit two to three different companies to get the best price comparison.
|Model||Comp||Collision||Liability||Medical||UM/UIM||Annual Premium||Monthly Premium|
|Get Your Own Custom Quote Go|
Table data represents married male driver age 50, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, $100 deductibles, and Colorado minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include multi-vehicle, homeowner, multi-policy, claim-free, and safe-driver. Rate information does not factor in specific zip code location which can impact rates considerably.
Where to set your deductibles
The example below illustrates how choosing a deductible and can impact Chevrolet Impala insurance premiums for different age groups. The premiums assume a married male driver, comp and collision included, and no other discounts are factored in.
Why you need to buy car insurance
Even though it can be expensive, maintaining insurance is required in Colorado but it also protects you in many ways.
- Almost all states have mandatory insurance requirements which means the state requires a specific minimum amount of liability if you want to drive legally. In Colorado these limits are 25/50/15 which means you must have $25,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $50,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $15,000 of property damage coverage.
- If your vehicle has a lienholder, it's most likely the lender will stipulate that you buy full coverage to guarantee loan repayment. If you default on your policy, the lender will be forced to insure your Chevy at a significantly higher premium and require you to fork over for the much more expensive policy.
- Insurance safeguards both your Chevy and your assets. Insurance will pay for hospital and medical expenses for you, any passengers, and anyone injured in an accident. Liability coverage also covers all legal expenses up to the policy limit in the event you are sued. If damage is caused by hail or an accident, collision and comprehensive coverages will cover the repair costs.
The benefits of buying enough insurance greatly outweigh the cost, especially with large liability claims. According to a recent study, the average American driver is overpaying over $700 annually so compare quotes from several companies at least once a year to make sure the price is not too high.
How You Can Control Chevy Impala Insurance Rates
Many things are taken into consideration when you quote your car insurance policy. Most are fairly basic such as traffic violations, but some are more transparent like your vehicle usage or your financial responsibility.
Do you work long hours in a demanding vocation? - Do you have a high-stress occupation? Jobs like military personnel, air traffic controllers, and medical professionals usually pay the highest average rates due to job stress and lengthy work days. On the other hand, careers such as actors, historians and performers have the lowest average rates.
How's your driving record? - Having a clean driving record has a lot to do with how much you pay for insurance. Even a single chargable violation can boost insurance rates by as much as thirty percent. Good drivers tend to pay less for car insurance than people who have multiple driving citations. Drivers unfortunate enough to have careless violations like reckless driving or DUI may be required to submit a SR-22 or proof of financial responsibility with their state DMV in order to drive a vehicle legally.
Lower rates for married couples - Getting married actually saves money on your insurance policy. Having a significant other demonstrates that you tend to be more financially stable and statistics prove married couples file fewer claims.
Never go without insurance - Having a lapse in insurance coverage can be a quick way to bump up your insurance costs. And not only will your rates increase, being ticketed for driving with no insurance will get you a revoked license or a big fine. You may need to provide proof of insurance in the form of an SR-22 filing with the Colorado motor vehicle department to get your license reinstated.
Poor credit decisions can cost you - A driver's credit rating factor in determining what you pay for insurance. If your credit score leaves room for improvement, you may save money insuring your Chevrolet Impala by repairing your credit. People that have excellent credit tend to file fewer claims and have better driving records than those with bad credit.
With age comes lower prices - Mature drivers are more responsible, tend to file fewer claims, and receive fewer citations.Drivers with little experience are statistically proven to be inattentive and easily distracted when behind the wheel and because of this, their insurance rates are much higher.
Your address can impact premiums - Choosing to live in a rural area is a good thing when talking about insurance. Lower population means a lower chance of having an accident and a lower car theft rate. People who live in big cities have to deal with congested traffic and more severe claims. Spending more time driving means more chance of being in an accident.
Loss statistics for a Chevy Impala - Companies analyze historical claim data when they calculate premium costs for each model. Models that the data determines to have a higher amount or frequency of claims will cost more for specific coverages.
The table below outlines the insurance loss data for Chevy Impala vehicles. For each coverage type, the loss probablilty for all vehicles, as an average, is represented as 100. Percentage numbers below 100 suggest losses that are better than average, while numbers above 100 point to more frequent losses or tendancy to have higher losses.
Chevrolet Impala Insurance Claim Statistics
|Vehicle Make and Model||Collision||Property Damage||Comp||Personal Injury||Medical Payment||Bodily Injury|
|Chevrolet Impala Limited||100||115||79||142||148||153|
Statistics Source: Insurance Institute for Highway Safety for 2013-2015 Model Years
Don't overlook these Chevy Impala insurance discounts
Some providers do not advertise all available discounts very clearly, so the following list contains some of the best known in addition to some of the lesser obvious savings tricks you should be using when you buy Aurora car insurance online.
- Organization Discounts - Being in certain professional organizations can get you a small discount on your bill.
- Payment Method - If you can afford to pay the entire bill rather than paying in monthly installments you can avoid monthly service charges.
- Savings for New Vehicles - Buying coverage on a new vehicle can save up to 30% because newer vehicles are generally safer.
- Low Mileage - Keeping the miles down on your Chevy can earn lower prices on the low mileage vehicles.
- No Claims - Drivers with accident-free driving histories pay much less when compared to accident-prone drivers.
As a footnote on discounts, some of the credits will not apply to the entire policy premium. Most only cut the price of certain insurance coverages like collision or personal injury protection. Just because it seems like adding up those discounts means a free policy, that's just not realistic.
Larger auto insurance companies and a partial list of their discounts are shown below.
- American Family has savings for multi-vehicle, good driver, Steer into Savings, bundled insurance, and mySafetyValet.
- State Farm may offer discounts for accident-free, student away at school, good driver, multiple autos, Drive Safe & Save, and anti-theft.
- 21st Century policyholders can earn discounts including theft prevention, 55 and older, driver training, homeowners, teen driver, and defensive driver.
- Travelers includes discounts for IntelliDrive, save driver, good student, driver training, multi-car, and new car.
- GEICO offers discounts for anti-lock brakes, anti-theft, multi-vehicle, good student, air bags, and five-year accident-free.
Before you buy a policy, ask every prospective company how you can save money. A few discounts might not be available to policyholders in Aurora. To see companies that can offer you the previously mentioned discounts in Aurora, follow this link.
Buying from insurance agencies
Many people prefer to buy from a licensed agent and that is not a bad decision Agents are trained to spot inefficiencies and will help you if you have claims. One of the benefits of price shopping on the web is you may find lower prices but also keep your business local. Buying from local insurance agents is still important in Aurora.
To find an agent, once you fill out this short form, your coverage information is submitted to local insurance agents who will return price quotes for your business. It makes it easy because there is no need to find an agent on your own because quoted prices will be sent immediately to you. If you want to get a comparison quote from a specific insurance company, you just need to visit that company's website and fill out the quote form the provide.
The following is a short list of car insurance companies in Aurora that may be willing to give price quote information for Chevy Impala insurance in Aurora.
Focus Insurance Agency
2993 S Peoria St #144 - Aurora, CO 80014 - (303) 695-6220 - View Map
Picking the best insurance company is decision based upon more than just the price. The following questions are important to ask.
- By raising physical damage deductibles, how much would you save?
- If you have an accident, are you able to get your vehicle repaired at the shop of your choice?
- Do the coverages you're quoting properly cover your vehicle?
- Does the agent have professional designations like CIC, CPCU or AIC?
- Is the agent properly licensed in Colorado?
- What insurance companies do they recommend if they are an independent agent?
More comparisons equals affordable rates
As you restructure your insurance plan, don't be tempted to reduce needed coverages to save money. In many cases, someone sacrificed liability coverage limits to discover at claim time they didn't have enough coverage. The aim is to find the BEST coverage at an affordable rate but still have enough coverage for asset protection.
We just covered a lot of techniques to find cheaper Chevy Impala insurance in Aurora. The key thing to remember is the more price quotes you have, the more likely it is that you will get a better rate. You may even find the best premium rates are with a small local company. Smaller companies may often insure only within specific states and give getter rates than their larger competitors like State Farm and Allstate.
For more information, take a look at the resources below:
- Airbag FAQ (iihs.org)
- What Car Insurance is Cheapest for a Jeep Grand Cherokee in Colorado? (FAQ)
- What is the Cheapest Car Insurance in Commerce City, Colorado? (FAQ)
- Who Has the Cheapest Auto Insurance Rates for Uninsured Drivers in Colorado? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Colorado Auto Insurance for Immigrants? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable Auto Insurance for Low Mileage Drivers in Colorado? (FAQ)
- Older Drivers FAQ (iihs.org)
- Higher speed limits cause more fatalities (Insurance Institute for Highway Safety)
- Eight Auto Insurance Myths (Insurance Information Institute)