Searching for better insurance prices for your Chevy Avalanche in Colorado can turn out to be a lot of work, but you can use these tips to find lower rates.
There is a better way to shop for insurance so we're going to tell you the absolute fastest way to get price quotes for a Chevy and find the lowest price from Denver insurance agents and online providers.
Finding and comparing cheaper car insurance coverage in Denver can be fairly easy. If you are already insured or want to find a cheaper company, use these tips to find better prices without reducing protection. Vehicle owners only have to learn the least time-consuming way to compare rates online from multiple companies.
The quickest way to compare rate quotes for Chevy Avalanche insurance in Denver is to know the trick auto insurance companies have advanced systems to compare rate quotes. To get started, all you need to do is give them rating details like the year, make and model of vehicles, whether you are single or married, your general credit rating, and what your job is. Your details is instantly provided to all major companies and they return rate quotes quickly.
If you would like to start a quote now, click here and enter the information requested.
The companies in the list below offer price comparisons in Colorado. If multiple providers are shown, we suggest you click on several of them in order to get a fair rate comparison.
|Model||Comp||Collision||Liability||Medical||UM/UIM||Annual Premium||Monthly Premium|
|Avalanche LS 2WD||$284||$368||$576||$34||$172||$1,434||$120|
|Avalanche LT 2WD||$250||$434||$440||$26||$132||$1,282||$107|
|Avalanche LS 4WD||$264||$556||$496||$30||$148||$1,494||$125|
|Avalanche LT 4WD||$294||$608||$570||$34||$170||$1,676||$140|
|Avalanche LTZ 2WD||$378||$662||$592||$36||$178||$1,846||$154|
|Avalanche LTZ 4WD||$182||$350||$496||$30||$148||$1,206||$101|
|Get Your Own Custom Quote Go|
Prices above based on single male driver age 50, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, $1,000 deductibles, and Colorado minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include claim-free, homeowner, multi-vehicle, safe-driver, and multi-policy. Price information does not factor in your specific Denver location which can lower or raise auto insurance rates significantly.
Careless drivers pay higher rates
The information below demonstrates how speeding tickets and accidents impact Chevrolet Avalanche insurance rates for each different age category. The premiums are based on a married male driver, comprehensive and collision coverage, $1,000 deductibles, and no discounts are factored in.
Denver insurance discounts for a Chevy Avalanche
Insurance can cost an arm and a leg, but there could be significant discounts that may help make it more affordable. Certain discounts will be applied at the time you complete a quote, but some may not be applied and must be asked about before they will apply.
- Student Driver Training - It's a good idea to have your young drivers successfully complete driver's ed class as it can save substantially.
- Save with More Vehicles Insured - Buying coverage for multiple cars on a single policy could earn a price break for each car.
- Paperwork-free - Certain companies will discount your bill up to fifty bucks get Denver auto insurance digitally online.
- Seat Belt Discounts - Drivers who always wear seat belts and also require passengers to use a seat belt can save a little off the medical payments premium.
- Air Bags and Passive Restraints - Factory options such as air bags or automatic seat belts may earn rate discounts of 20 to 30 percent.
- Pay Now and Pay Less - If you pay your entire premium ahead of time rather than spreading payments over time you can avoid the installment charge.
- Discount for Good Grades - Getting good grades could provide a savings of up to 20% or more. This discount can apply well after school through age 25.
While discounts sound great, it's important to understand that most credits do not apply to the overall cost of the policy. Most only apply to the cost of specific coverages such as medical payments or collision. Even though the math looks like all those discounts means the company will pay you, nobody gets a free ride.
Larger insurance companies and a partial list of their discounts are:
- GEICO may offer discounts for five-year accident-free, good student, emergency military deployment, multi-policy, and federal employee.
- Travelers may have discounts that include hybrid/electric vehicle, IntelliDrive, early quote, home ownership, and good student.
- Farm Bureau policyholders can earn discounts including renewal discount, multi-vehicle, 55 and retired, safe driver, driver training, and youthful driver.
- Liberty Mutual has discounts for exclusive group savings, multi-policy, safety features, newly retired, new vehicle discount, good student, and new graduate.
- American Family has savings for good student, bundled insurance, TimeAway discount, mySafetyValet, accident-free, and multi-vehicle.
- Progressive offers premium reductions for multi-policy, good student, online signing, online quote discount, multi-vehicle, continuous coverage, and homeowner.
When getting free Denver auto insurance quotes, it's a good idea to all the companies to apply every possible discount. Some discounts may not apply to policies in Denver. To find companies that offer multiple discounts in Denver, click here.
Local neighborhood agents and car insurance
Some consumers still prefer to talk to an insurance agent. Most agents are trained risk managers and will help you if you have claims. A good thing about comparing rates online is the fact that drivers can get the best rates but also keep your business local. And providing support for small agencies is still important in Denver.
For easy comparison, once you complete this form (opens in new window), your insurance data is sent to insurance agents in Denver who will give you bids for your car insurance coverage. There is no reason to visit any agencies since rate quotes are delivered directly to you. If you need to quote rates from a specific insurance company, feel free to navigate to their website and submit a quote form there.
Listed below is a list of insurers in Denver willing to provide price quotes for Chevy Avalanche insurance in Denver.
- FUSA Insurance Agency
7900 E Union Ave #200 - Denver, CO 80237 - (303) 752-5806 - View Map
- Moody Insurance Agency
8055 E Tufts Ave #1000 - Denver, CO 80237 - (303) 824-6600 - View Map
- Madison Insurance Group
600 S Cherry St #900 - Denver, CO 80246 - (800) 636-6185 - View Map
- Henry Ham Agency, Inc
645 E Evans Ave - Denver, CO 80210 - (303) 744-1341 - View Map
Selecting a insurer is decision based upon more than just the quoted price. These are valid questions to ask:
- Does the agency have a good rating with the Better Business Bureau?
- Are claims handled at the agent's location?
- Is working in the agency their full-time job?
- Is vehicle damage repaired with OEM or aftermarket parts?
- Will they take your side in the event of a claim?
- What will you get paid if your car is a total loss? How is that amount determined?
- Where would your vehicle be repaired?
Do I need special coverages?
When quoting and choosing coverage online or from an agent for your personal vehicles, there is no cookie cutter policy. You are unique so your insurance needs to address that. For instance, these questions could help you determine if you would benefit from professional advice.
- Are rental cars covered under my policy?
- Why am I required to get a high-risk car insurance policy?
- When should I not buy collision coverage?
- Am I missing any policy discounts?
- Is my ex-spouse still covered by my policy?
- What are good deductibles for a Chevy Avalanche?
- What policy terms are available?
- Can I get a multi-policy discount for packaging my home and auto coverage?
- What states are considered no-fault?
- Can I get a multi-policy discount?
If you can't answer these questions but you think they might apply to your situation, you might consider talking to a licensed insurance agent. To find lower rates from a local agent, take a second and complete this form or you can go here for a list of companies in your area. It is quick, free and can help protect your family.
How Insurance Providers Determine Chevy Avalanche Insurance Rates
Lots of things are part of the calculation when pricing auto insurance. Some are obvious such as traffic violations, although others are less obvious like your continuous coverage or how safe your car is.
Driving citations cost more than a fine - Your driving citation history impacts your car insurance rates tremendously. Getting just one moving violation could increase your next policy renewal twenty percent or more. Drivers with clean records pay lower auto insurance prices than bad drivers. Drivers who have careless violations like DUI or willful reckless driving are required to prove financial responsibility with their state DMV in order to drive a vehicle legally.
Premiums impacted by your city - Being located in less populated areas of the country has definite advantages if you are looking for the lowest rates. People who live in big cities have to deal with more road rage incidents and longer commute times. Fewer drivers on the road means less chance of accidents and a lower car theft rate.
Are women or men drivers cheaper? - Over time, data shows that women are safer drivers than men. That doesn't necessarily mean that women are better drivers. Females and males have auto accidents at about the same rate, but males cause more damage. They also have more aggressive citations such as reckless driving. Male drivers age 16 to 19 generally have the highest accident percentage and therefore have the most expensive auto insurance rates.
Pay less with a high crash test rating - Safer cars tend to have lower insurance rates. These vehicles reduce injuries and lower rates of occupant injuries means your insurance company pays less which can result in lower premiums. If the Chevy Avalanche scored at minimum an "acceptable" rating on the Insurance Institute for Highway Safety website or four stars on the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration website it may cost less to insure.
Bundle policies to earn discounts - Most larger insurance companies will award better rates to customers who buy several policies from them such as combining an auto and homeowners policy. The discount can add up to 10 percent or more. Even with this discount, it's always a smart idea to comparison shop to help ensure you have the lowest rates.
Prices may be lower depending on your occupation - Do you have a high-stress occupation? Occupational choices like military generals, police officers, and miners have higher premiums than the average policyholder because of high stress and long work days. Other careers such as scientists, historians and homemakers have lower than average premiums.
Don't let your auto insurance lapse - Driving any period of time without insurance is illegal and auto insurance companies will penalize you for letting your insurance lapse. And not only will your rates increase, the inability to provide proof of insurance may result in a revoked license or a big fine.
Performance influences prices - The performance level of the car you are insuring makes a huge difference in your premium level. Since the Chevrolet Avalanche falls in the pickup/SUV class, rates will be a little bit more than the average rate where you live in Denver. The lowest performance passenger cars generally have the cheapest insurance rates, but there are many factors that impact the final cost.
Auto insurance protects more than just your car
Despite the fact that auto insurance is not cheap in Denver, auto insurance may be required for several reasons.
- Just about all states have mandatory liability insurance requirements which means the state requires a specific level of liability protection in order to be legal. In Colorado these limits are 25/50/15 which means you must have $25,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $50,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $15,000 of property damage coverage.
- If your vehicle has a loan, most lenders will require you to have physical damage coverage to guarantee loan repayment. If coverage lapses or is canceled, the bank or lender will purchase a policy for your Chevy at an extremely high rate and require you to fork over the higher price.
- Insurance protects both your vehicle and your assets. It will also pay for medical transport and hospital expenses for you, your passengers, and anyone else injured in an accident. Liability coverage also pays for attorney fees and expenses in the event you are sued. If damage is caused by hail or an accident, your auto insurance policy will pay all costs to repair after the deductible has been paid.
The benefits of insuring your Avalanche more than offset the price you pay, especially for larger claims. As of last year, the average driver in Colorado overpays more than $830 a year so compare rates each time the policy renews to save money.
Cover all your bases
In this article, we covered some good ideas how to lower your Chevy Avalanche insurance auto insurance rates in Denver. The key thing to remember is the more rate comparisons you have, the better likelihood of getting affordable Chevrolet Avalanche insurance quotes. Consumers may even find the most savings is with the least-expected company. These companies may often insure only within specific states and give getter rates than the large multi-state companies such as GEICO and State Farm.
As you restructure your insurance plan, don't be tempted to buy lower coverage limits just to save a few bucks. There are too many instances where someone sacrificed collision coverage and learned later that the few dollars in savings costed them thousands. The ultimate goal is to buy enough coverage at an affordable rate but still have enough coverage for asset protection.
More detailed car insurance information can be found in the articles below:
- Electronic Stability Control FAQ (iihs.org)
- How Much are Auto Insurance Quotes for a Learners Permit in Colorado? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable Auto Insurance for Real Estate Agents in Colorado? (FAQ)
- Who Has the Cheapest Colorado Auto Insurance for College Students? (FAQ)
- How Much are Colorado Auto Insurance Rates for Police Officers? (FAQ)
- Crash Avoidance Technologies FAQ (iihs.org)
- Choosing an Insurance Company (Insurance Information Institute)
- Honda warning system reduces insurance claims (Insurance Institute for Highway Safety)
- Cellphones, Texting and Driving (iihs.org)