Do you need a better way to compare the cheapest Cadillac CTS insurance in Fort Collins? High-priced Cadillac CTS insurance in Fort Collins can consume your funds and require stricter spending habits. Doing a rate comparison is an excellent way to cut your insurance bill.
It's astonishing, but the vast majority of auto insurance customers in Colorado kept their policy with the same company for more than four years, and practically 40% of auto insurance customers have never shopped around. American drivers could save themselves 47% a year by just comparing rate quotes, but they just don't understand how easy it is to shop around.
Many auto insurance companies compete for your insurance dollar, so it can be very hard to choose a insurance company to find the lowest price on Cadillac CTS insurance in Fort Collins.
It's smart to shop coverage around once or twice a year since rates change frequently. If you had the lowest premium rates on Cadillac CTS insurance in Fort Collins a few years ago you can probably find a lower rate today. You'll find a ton of advice on CTS insurance online but you can learn some solid techniques on how to buy auto insurance cheaper in Fort Collins.
Just remember that comparing a wide range of rates will improve the odds of getting better pricing. Some regional insurers cannot provide online Fort Collins CTS insurance quotes, so it's recommended that you also compare quotes from them as well.
The companies shown below are ready to provide comparison quotes in Fort Collins, CO. If the list has multiple companies, we suggest you visit two to three different companies to get a more complete price comparison.
|Model||Comp||Collision||Liability||Medical||UM/UIM||Annual Premium||Monthly Premium|
|CTS Luxury AWD||$226||$460||$362||$22||$108||$1,178||$98|
|CTS Performance AWD||$334||$852||$426||$26||$128||$1,766||$147|
|CTS Premium AWD||$326||$726||$396||$24||$118||$1,590||$133|
|Get Your Own Custom Quote Go|
Table data represents single female driver age 50, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, $100 deductibles, and Colorado minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include multi-policy, multi-vehicle, claim-free, homeowner, and safe-driver. Information does not factor in specific zip code location which can change price quotes considerably.
Safe drivers pay less for auto insurance
The illustration below demonstrates how citations and at-fault collisions raise Cadillac CTS car insurance costs for different insured age categories. The data is based on a married female driver, full coverage, $250 deductibles, and no other discounts are factored in.
Higher deductibles save money
The information below demonstrates how deductible levels and can impact Cadillac CTS annual premium costs for each age group. The price estimates are based on a married male driver, comp and collision included, and no discounts are applied.
Rate comparison of male drivers versus female drivers
The example below illustrates the comparison of Cadillac CTS premium costs for male and female drivers. The premiums are based on no claims, a clean driving record, comp and collision included, $1,000 deductibles, drivers are single, and no discounts are taken into consideration.
Take policy discounts and save on Cadillac CTS insurance in Fort Collins
Not many people think insurance is cheap, but you might be missing out on some discounts that you may not know about. Larger premium reductions will be automatically applied at quote time, but some need to be specifically requested before you will receive the discount.
- Save with a New Car - Buying a new car model can be considerably cheaper due to better safety requirements for new model year vehicles.
- Passenger Safety Discount - Factory options such as air bags or automatic seat belts may qualify for discounts of 20% or more.
- E-sign Discounts - Some of the larger companies will provide an incentive just for signing your application on their website.
- College Student - Any of your kids who attend college more than 100 miles from Fort Collins and don't have a car may be insured at a cheaper rate.
- Anti-theft System - Vehicles that have factory alarm systems and tracking devices are stolen less frequently and can earn a small discount on your policy.
- Safe Driver Discount - Safe drivers may save up to 50% more than drivers with accident claims.
We need to note that many deductions do not apply to the entire cost. Some only reduce individual premiums such as collision or personal injury protection. So when it seems like adding up those discounts means a free policy, auto insurance companies aren't that generous.
To see a list of providers that offer some of these discounts in Colorado, click here to view.
Components of Your Cadillac CTS Insurance Rates
Lots of factors are part of the equation when premium rates are determined. Most are fairly basic such as traffic violations, although others are less apparent like your vehicle usage and annual miles driven. Consumers need to have an understanding of some of the things that play a part in calculating insurance rates. If you have a feel for what impacts premium levels, this enables informed choices that could help you find lower rates.
- Physical damage deductibles - The deductibles you choose tell how much you are required to spend out-of-pocket if the claim is covered. Physical damage insurance, aka comp and collision, is used to repair damage to your car. Some instances where coverage would apply would be colliding with a stationary object, fire damage, and damage from wind. The larger the amount the insured is willing to pay, the less money you will pay for insurance.
- Liability insurance limits should be high - Liability insurance kicks in when you are determined to be liable for an accident. Liability provides you with a defense in court to defend your case. Carrying liability coverage is mandatory and cheap when compared to the cost of physical damage coverage, so do not skimp.
- Pleasure use saves money - Driving a lot of miles each year the more you'll pay to insure your vehicle. Many insurance companies apply a rate based upon how you use the vehicle. Vehicles used primarily for pleasure use can be on a lower rate level compared to those used for work or business. A policy that improperly rates your CTS can cost quite a bit. Make sure your insurance policy is rated on how each vehicle is driven, because improper ratings can cost you money.
- Cheaper rates using GPS tracking and theft deterrents - Owning a car that has a built-in theft deterrent system can save you a little every year. Anti-theft features such as LoJack tracking devices, vehicle tamper alarm systems or GM's OnStar system all help prevent car theft and help bring rates down.
- Age of drivers impacts prices - Mature drivers are viewed as being more responsible, cost insurance companies less in claims, and receive fewer citations.Beginning drivers are statistically proven to be inattentive behind the wheel and because of this, their insurance rates are much higher.
- Cadillac CTS statistical loss data - Companies analyze claim trends for every vehicle as a tool for profitable underwriting. Models that are shown to have increased losses will have a higher premium rate. The data below shows the historical loss data for Cadillac CTS vehicles.
For each coverage category, the claim amount for all vehicles, as an average, is represented as 100. Values that are under 100 imply a favorable loss record, while percentage values above 100 point to more frequent losses or a tendancy for claims to be larger.
Cadillac CTS Insurance Loss Statistics
Specific Cadillac Model Collision Property Damage Comp Personal Injury Medical Payment Bodily Injury Cadillac CTS 4dr 2WD 123 72 118 73 Cadillac CTS 4dr 4WD 127 75 98 75 Cadillac CTS-V 2dr 174 74 135
Empty fields indicate not enough data collected
Statistics from IIHS.org for 2013-2015 Model Years
Local Fort Collins insurance agencies and auto insurance
Many drivers just want to have an agent's advice and that can be a smart move A good thing about price shopping on the web is the fact that drivers can get lower prices and also buy local.
After completing this short form, your information is instantly submitted to local insurance agents that can provide free Fort Collins car insurance quotes and help you find cheaper coverage. It simplifies rate comparisons since you won't have to even leave your home since price quotes are sent to the email address you provide. You can find lower rates without the usual hassles of price shopping. If you wish to compare prices from a particular provider, you just need to find their quoting web page and fill out the quote form the provide.
Finding the right insurer should depend on more than just the premium amount. Any agent in Fort Collins should have no problem answering these questions:
- Do they have adequate Errors and Omissions coverage? This protects you if they make a mistake.
- Where are claims handled?
- Can you choose the body shop in case repairs are needed?
- How long has their agency been open in Fort Collins?
- Who is covered by the car insurance policy?
- Are aftermarket or OEM parts used to repair vehicles?
- How are claims handled?
- Do they have designations such as AIC, CPCU, or CIC?
Types of auto insurance agents in Fort Collins
When searching for a reliable insurance agency, you should know the different types of agencies and how they differ in how they quote coverages. Agents in Fort Collins are considered either independent or exclusive depending on the company they work for.
Exclusive Insurance Agencies
These type of agents are contracted to one company and examples are Allstate, Farmers Insurance or State Farm. They usually cannot compare rates from other companies so always compare other rates. Exclusive agencies are very knowledgeable on sales techniques and that can be a competitive advantage.
Listed below are exclusive insurance agents in Fort Collins willing to provide price quote information.
American Family Insurance - Daniel B Richmond Agency Inc.
923 E Prospect Rd - Fort Collins, CO 80525 - (970) 484-2881 - View Map
Dave Lawser - State Farm Insurance Agent
4605 Ziegler Rd #1 - Fort Collins, CO 80528 - (970) 226-1306 - View Map
Independent Auto Insurance Agents
Agents of this type are not employed by any specific company and that allows them to write policies with many different companies and find you the best rates. To move your coverage to a new company, your agent can just switch to a different company and you can keep the same agent.
When comparison shopping, we recommend you get rate quotes from at a minimum one independent agency for the best price selection.
Shown below are independent agencies in Fort Collins that can give you rate quotes.
Fort Collins Insurance Agency, LLC
1730 S College Ave #202 - Fort Collins, CO 80525 - (970) 222-9477 - View Map
Well known brands might not be cheapest
Well-known car insurance companies like Progressive, Allstate and GEICO regularly use television and radio advertisements. All the ads make the point that drivers can save some big amount if you get a free Fort Collins car insurance quote and switch your policy. How is it plausible that every one can make the same claim? Just pay attention to how they say it.
Many companies quote the lowest rates for the type of driver that will add to their bottom line. For instance, a profitable insured could possibly be a female over age 40, has a low-risk occupation, and has great credit. Any new insured that matches those criteria will qualify for the lowest auto insurance rates in Fort Collins and will probably save a lot of money.
Consumers who fall short of this ideal profile will probably be forced to pay higher prices and ends up with the driver buying from a lower-cost company. Company advertisements say "drivers that switch" not "all people who quote" will save that much if they switch. That is how companies can advertise the savings. This illustrates why it is so important to get as many free Fort Collins car insurance quotes as possible. Because you never know which insurance companies will have the best Cadillac CTS insurance in Fort Collins.
Don't give up on cheaper premiums
Throughout this article, we presented some good ideas how you can compare Cadillac CTS insurance premium rates in Fort Collins. The key concept to understand is the more rate comparisons you have, the better likelihood of getting the cheapest Cadillac CTS rate quotes. You may even be surprised to find that the best price on car insurance is with a small local company. Smaller companies may only write in your state and offer lower prices compared to the large companies like Progressive and GEICO.
As you quote Fort Collins car insurance, it's not a good idea to skimp on critical coverages to save a buck or two. There are many occasions where consumers will sacrifice collision coverage only to find out that saving that couple of dollars actually costed them tens of thousands. Your strategy should be to get the best coverage possible at the best cost, not the least amount of coverage.
Lower-priced Cadillac CTS insurance in Fort Collins can be found both online in addition to local insurance agencies, and you should be comparing both to have the best chance of lowering rates. There are still a few companies who may not offer online rate quotes and many times these smaller providers sell through independent insurance agencies.
Additional detailed information can be read in these articles:
- Avoiding Deer Collisions (Insurance Information Institute)
- Who Has Affordable Car Insurance Rates for Safe Drivers in Colorado? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Car Insurance for a Nissan Sentra in Colorado? (FAQ)
- What is the Cheapest Car Insurance in Commerce City, Colorado? (FAQ)
- What Auto Insurance is Cheapest for Single Moms in Colorado? (FAQ)
- What is the Cheapest Car Insurance in Loveland, CO? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable Auto Insurance for Low Mileage Drivers in Colorado? (FAQ)
- Vehicle Insurance in the U.S. (Wikipedia)
- Auto Insurance Learning Center (State Farm)
- Tread Depth and Tire Safety (State Farm)