Finding the cheapest insurance for a new or used Buick Regal in Colorado could be an all-consuming task, but you can learn our car insurance buying tips to save time. There are both good and bad ways to buy car insurance and we'll show you the absolute fastest way to price shop coverage for your Buick and locate the cheapest rates either online or from Fort Collins insurance agents.
Smart consumers take time to compare rates before your policy renews because prices tend to go up over time. Despite the fact that you may have had the best rates on Buick Regal insurance in Fort Collins a year ago you will most likely find a better premium rate today. Ignore everything you know about car insurance because we're going to show you the best way to save on car insurance.
If you have a policy now or are just looking to switch companies, follow these tips to reduce premiums and possibly find even better coverage. Shopping around for the lowest cost coverage in Fort Collins is not as time-consuming as you think. Comparison shoppers just need to use the tricks to shop their coverage around online.
Best companies for Buick Regal insurance
The companies shown below can provide free quotes in Fort Collins, CO. If multiple providers are shown, it's a good idea that you visit several of them in order to get a fair rate comparison.
Buick Regal insurance discounts in Fort Collins
Companies that sell car insurance do not advertise their entire list of discounts in a way that's easy to find, so the below list has some of the best known as well as the least known auto insurance savings.
- Savings for New Vehicles - Putting coverage on a new Regal is cheaper because newer models keep occupants safer.
- Bundled Policy Discount - When you have multiple policies with one insurance company you could save at least 10% off all policies.
- Defensive Driver Discounts - Completing a defensive driving class could cut 5% off your bill and easily pay for the cost of the class.
- Own a Home and Save - Owning a home in Fort Collins may earn you a small savings since home ownership shows financial diligence.
- Discounts for Multiple Vehicles - Purchasing coverage when you have more than one vehicle on the same auto insurance policy could earn a price break for each car.
- Paperwork-free - Certain companies will give a small break for buying a policy and signing up on the web.
- Professional Memberships - Belonging to qualifying clubs or civic groups could trigger savings on your next auto insurance statement.
- Passive Restraints and Air Bags - Cars that have air bags or motorized seat belts can receive discounts of 20 to 30 percent.
- Senior Citizens - If you're over the age of 55, you can possibly qualify for lower premium rates.
- Accident Forgiveness - Not necessarily a discount, but certain companies will let one accident slide without raising rates as long as you don't have any claims prior to the accident.
Don't be shocked that some credits don't apply to the overall cost of the policy. Some only reduce the price of certain insurance coverages like liability, collision or medical payments. So even though you would think you would end up receiving a 100% discount, companies wouldn't make money that way.
To see companies with significant discounts in Fort Collins, click here.
Six factors that influence insurance premiums
The best way to find cheaper auto insurance is to take a look at the rating factors that come into play when calculating the price you pay for auto insurance. If you understand what positively or negatively impacts your premiums, this allows you to make good choices that can help you get big savings. Lots of factors are used in the calculation when you get your auto insurance bill. A few of the factors are predictable such as your driving record, but other criteria are less apparent such as your credit history or your vehicle rating.
Safer vehicles means cheaper premiums - Safe vehicles tend to have better insurance rates. Highly rated vehicles result in less severe injuries and reduced instances of injuries means lower claim amounts and lower rates for you.
Cautious drivers pay less - Drivers who don't get tickets have lower premiums as compared to those with violations. Only having one citation could increase your next policy renewal by as much as thirty percent. Drivers with careless citations such as DUI or reckless driving are required to complete a SR-22 with their state in order to prevent their license from being revoked.
Rates can drop if you have more than one policy - Some insurance companies provide lower prices to buyers who carry more than one policy, otherwise known as a multi-policy discount. The amount of the discounts can be ten or even fifteen percent. Even if you're getting this discount it's in your best interest to comparison shop to help ensure you have the lowest rates.
Extra coverages can add up - Policies have add-on coverages that can add up if you aren't diligent. Insurance for rental car reimbursement, accidental death, and Farm Bureau memberships are some examples. These may sound like a good investment when buying your policy, but if they're wasting money eliminate the coverages to reduce your premium.
Liability is critical - Your auto insurance policy's liability coverage is the coverage that protects you if you are ruled to be at fault for causing personal injury or damage in an accident. It will provide legal defense which can cost a lot. Liability is cheap when compared to the cost of physical damage coverage, so buy as much as you can afford.
Insurance rates in urban areas - Living in a rural area can be a good thing when trying to find low car insurance rates. Fewer people means reduced accidents. Drivers in populated Colorado areas have to deal with more traffic problems and more severe claims. More time commuting means more chance of being in an accident.
Buick Regal insurance claim data - Insurance companies use claims history as a way to help calculate a profitable premium rate. Vehicles that the statistics show to have a higher amount or frequency of claims will have a higher premium rate. The table below outlines the actual insurance loss data for Buick Regal vehicles.
For each type of coverage, the loss probablilty for all vehicles averaged together is a value of 100. Numbers under 100 suggest a positive loss record, while values that are 100 or greater point to more claims or tendancy to have higher losses.
Insurance Loss Ratings for Buick Regal Vehicles
|Make and Model||Collision||Property Damage||Comp||Personal Injury||Medical Payment||Bodily Injury|
|Buick Regal 2WD||96||92||82||104||94||97|
|Buick Regal 4WD||113||87|
Empty fields indicate not enough data collected
Data Source: Insurance Institute for Highway Safety for 2013-2015 Model Years
When to get advice from an insurance agency
Certain consumers would prefer to go talk to an agent and that can be a smart move Good insurance agents can answer important questions and give you someone to call. The best thing about comparing rate quotes online is that you can obtain the best rates and still buy from a local agent.
Once you complete this form (opens in new window), your insurance coverage information gets sent to local insurance agents who will give you quotes for your business. It makes it easy because there is no need to even leave your home since rate quotes are delivered immediately to you. If you want to compare rates from one company in particular, feel free to visit that company's website and complete a quote there.
Finding a good insurer is decision based upon more than just a cheap price quote. Here are some questions you might want to ask.
- If you raise deductibles, how much can you save?
- Will the agent or a CSR service your policy?
- Will vehicle repairs be made with aftermarket parts or OEM replacement parts?
- How much experience to they have in personal lines coverages?
- Do they carry Errors and Omissions coverage?
- Do they prorate repair cost based on vehicle mileage?
Shown below is a list of car insurance companies in Fort Collins who can help you get price quote information for Buick Regal insurance in Fort Collins.
- Shelter Insurance - Bruce Johnson
4020 S College Ave #10 - Fort Collins, CO 80525 - (970) 226-5034 - View Map
- Farmers Insurance - Jonathan Susa
1200 S College Ave #302 - Fort Collins, CO 80524 - (970) 449-4271 - View Map
- GEICO Insurance Agent
2024 E Harmony Rd #120 - Fort Collins, CO 80528 - (970) 221-5230 - View Map
- Allstate Insurance: Ed Andrews
4519 S College Ave b - Fort Collins, CO 80525 - (970) 482-7400 - View Map
If you receive good answers for all questions you ask as well as an affordable premium quote, it's possible that you found an insurer that meets your needs to properly insure your vehicles. Just remember it's your coverage and you can terminate coverage whenever you want so don't feel that you are obligated to the auto insurance policy with no way out.
Don't believe everything you hear
Consumers can't avoid all the ads that claim the lowest rates from companies such as Progressive, Allstate and GEICO. All the ads advertise the message that you can save just by switching your auto insurance policy to them.
Is it even possible that every company can make almost identical claims? It's all in how they say it.
All the different companies offer their best rates for the type of driver that makes them money. For instance, this type of driver could be a married male, has a clear driving record, and has great credit. A customer who fits that profile will get low premium rates and will also save a lot of money.
Potential insureds who don't measure up to the ideal profile will see a more expensive rate and the prospect going elsewhere. If you pay attention, the ads say "customers who switch" not "everyone who quotes" save that much money. That is how insurance companies can confidently claim big savings. Because of this risk profiling, you should get a wide range of price quotes. Because you never know which auto insurance company will provide you with the cheapest Buick Regal insurance in Fort Collins.
Get the best coverage at the best price
Insureds who switch companies do it for many reasons like extreme rates for teen drivers, poor customer service, unfair underwriting practices and delays in paying claims. No matter why you want to switch, finding a great new company is easier than you think.
When trying to cut insurance costs, make sure you don't buy lower coverage limits just to save a few bucks. There have been many cases where someone dropped uninsured motorist or liability limits and discovered at claim time that it was a big error on their part. Your goal is to buy enough coverage for the lowest cost, but don't skip important coverages to save money.
Cheap Buick Regal insurance in Fort Collins can be bought from both online companies in addition to local insurance agencies, and you should compare price quotes from both to get a complete price analysis. Some insurance companies do not provide the ability to get quotes online and most of the time these small insurance companies only sell coverage through independent agents.
Even more information can be read in the articles below:
- Protect Yourself Against Auto Theft (Insurance Information Institute)
- Who Has the Cheapest Colorado Auto Insurance Quotes for Drivers with Accidents? (FAQ)
- What is the Cheapest Auto Insurance in Lakewood, Colorado? (FAQ)
- How Much are Auto Insurance Rates for Electric Cars in Colorado? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable Auto Insurance for Drivers with Bad Credit in Colorado? (FAQ)
- How Much are Colorado Car Insurance Quotes for a Toyota 4Runner? (FAQ)
- What Car Insurance is Cheapest for Drivers Over Age 70 in Colorado? (FAQ)
- Avoiding Deer Collisions (Insurance Information Institute)
- Understanding Car Crashes Video (iihs.org)
- What is Covered by an Auto Insurance Policy? (Insurance Information Institute)