Are you looking for the cheapest Audi A6 insurance in Denver? Searching for cheaper insurance for an Audi A6 in Colorado could be a lot of work, but you can use these tips to save time.
There is a better way to shop for insurance so we're going to tell you the best way to quote coverages for a Audi and obtain the cheapest rates from Denver insurance agents and online providers.
Finding and comparing the best protection in Denver is simple if you know the tricks. If you have a policy now or just want to reduce your rates, you can learn to cut your premiums and still have adequate protection. Vehicle owners just need to use the proper methods to get comparison rates online.
Finding a better price on auto insurance can be relatively painless. You just need to take a few minutes comparing price quotes from some recommended companies.
The providers in the list below offer price quotes in Colorado. If multiple providers are shown, we recommend you get price quotes from several of them in order to find the cheapest rates.
|Model||Comp||Collision||Liability||Medical||UM/UIM||Annual Premium||Monthly Premium|
|A6 3.2 Premium 4-Dr Sedan||$348||$566||$460||$28||$138||$1,540||$128|
|A6 3.2 Premium Plus 4-Dr Sedan||$382||$770||$362||$22||$108||$1,644||$137|
|A6 3.0 Quattro Premium 4-Dr Sedan||$418||$864||$474||$28||$142||$1,926||$161|
|A6 3.0 Quattro Premium Plus 4-Dr Sedan||$278||$520||$362||$22||$108||$1,290||$108|
|A6 3.0 Quattro Premium Station Wagon||$324||$688||$338||$20||$102||$1,472||$123|
|A6 3.0 Quattro Premium Plus Station Wagon||$278||$520||$308||$18||$92||$1,216||$101|
|A6 3.0 Quattro Prestige 4-Dr Sedan||$402||$946||$456||$28||$136||$1,968||$164|
|A6 3.0 Quattro Prestige Station Wagon||$232||$442||$298||$18||$90||$1,080||$90|
|A6 4.2 Quattro Prestige 8Cyl 4-Dr Sedan||$290||$492||$460||$28||$138||$1,408||$117|
|Get Your Own Custom Quote Go|
Premium data assumes single male driver age 30, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, $1,000 deductibles, and Colorado minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include multi-policy, safe-driver, homeowner, claim-free, and multi-vehicle. Estimates do not factor in specific garaging location which can change premium rates significantly.
How accidents and violations affect rates
The example below shows how violations and at-fault collisions influence Audi A6 car insurance costs for each different age category. The information is based on a single male driver, full coverage, $100 deductibles, and no discounts are applied to the premium.
Male drivers versus female drivers
The example below illustrates the comparison of Audi A6 annual premium costs for male and female drivers. The rate quotes are based on no claims or driving violations, full physical damage coverage, $250 deductibles, marital status is single, and no discounts are taken into consideration.
Why you need to buy car insurance
Despite the fact that car insurance is not cheap in Denver, insuring your vehicle serves an important purpose.
- The majority of states have minimum mandated liability insurance limits which means it is punishable by state law to not carry a specific level of liability insurance coverage in order to get the vehicle licensed. In Colorado these limits are 25/50/15 which means you must have $25,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $50,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $15,000 of property damage coverage.
- If you bought your Audi A6 with a loan, almost all lenders will make it mandatory that you buy full coverage to ensure loan repayment if the vehicle is totalled. If you cancel or allow the policy to lapse, the bank or lender will purchase a policy for your Audi for a much higher rate and require you to pay the higher premium.
- Insurance safeguards both your car and your assets. Insurance will pay for medical bills for you, your passengers, and anyone else injured in an accident. One of the most valuable coverages, liability insurance, also pays for attorney fees and expenses if someone files suit against you as the result of an accident. If you receive damage to your vehicle caused by a storm or accident, comprehensive and/or collision insurance will pay to have it repaired.
The benefits of carrying adequate insurance definitely exceed the price paid, especially if you ever need it. The average driver in Colorado overpays more than $850 per year so compare quotes from several companies at least once a year to help ensure money is not being wasted.
Insurance Premium Influencing Factors
When buying insurance it's important to understand some of the elements that help determine the level of your policy premiums. If you have a feel for what impacts premium levels, this allows you to make good choices that could result in better insurance rates.
Does insurance cost more for guys? - The statistics show that men are more aggressive behind the wheel. Now that doesn't mean men are worse drivers. Males and females are responsible for accidents at a similar rate, but guys tend to have higher claims. They also get more serious tickets such as reckless driving. Males from age 16 to 21 are the most expensive to insure and are penalized with high insurance rates.
Married people drive safer - Having a spouse can actually save you money when shopping for insurance. Marriage usually means you are less irresponsible and statistics prove married drivers get in fewer accidents.
More performance means higher premiums - The type of car, truck or SUV you are trying to find cheaper insurance for makes a huge difference in determining your rates. The cheapest rates are usually for smaller low performance passenger vehicles, but other factors influence the final cost greatly. Since the Audi A6 is considered a luxury sedan, insurance will be more as compared to the average rate in Denver.
Extra coverages push up rates - There are many add-on coverages that can waste your money if you don't pay attention. Insurance for things like rental car reimbursement, accidental death, and extra life insurance coverage are probably not needed. You may think they are a good idea at first, but if you've never needed them in the past think about removing them and cutting costs.
Vehicles with better crash test results means better premiums - Safer cars tend to have lower insurance rates. The safest vehicles have better occupant injury protection and lower injury rates means your insurance company pays less and cheaper rates on your policy.
Claims statistics for an Audi A6 - Companies use claims history to determine a price that will be profitable for them. Vehicles that have a higher amount or frequency of claims will have a higher cost to insure.
The table below demonstrates the loss history for Audi A6 vehicles. For each policy coverage type, the claim probability for all vehiclescombined as an average equals 100. Numbers that are below 100 mean the vehicle has better than average losses, while percentage numbers above 100 indicate a higher chance of having a claim or larger claims.
Auto Insurance Loss Data for Audi A6 Models
|Make and Model||Collision||Property Damage||Comp||Personal Injury||Medical Payment||Bodily Injury|
|Audi A6 4dr 2WD||146||112||134|
|Audi A6 4dr 4WD||153||70||155||53||55||59|
Empty fields indicate not enough data collected
Data Source: iihs.org (Insurance Institute for Highway Safety) for 2013-2015 Model Years
Cheaper rates with these money saving discounts
Companies that sell car insurance don't always advertise every discount very well, so we researched a few of the more well known and the harder-to-find discounts you could be receiving when you buy Denver car insurance online.
- Passive Restraints and Air Bags - Cars that have air bags can get savings of 20 to 30 percent.
- Driver Safety - Successfully completing a driver safety class can save you 5% or more and easily pay for the cost of the class.
- Driver's Education for Students - Require your teen driver to take driver's ed class in school.
- Discounts for Good Drivers - Drivers who avoid accidents can save up to 40% or more on their Denver car insurance quote than less cautious drivers.
- More Vehicles More Savings - Buying coverage for multiple cars on one policy could earn a price break for each car.
We need to note that most credits do not apply to the entire cost. The majority will only reduce individual premiums such as physical damage coverage or medical payments. So even though they make it sound like all those discounts means the company will pay you, you aren't that lucky.
The best auto insurance companies and some of the premium reductions they offer are detailed below.
- State Farm discounts include good student, good driver, student away at school, multiple policy, Steer Clear safe driver discount, safe vehicle, and multiple autos.
- Nationwide offers discounts including defensive driving, anti-theft, accident-free, family plan, Farm Bureau membership, business or organization, and easy pay.
- GEICO may offer discounts for air bags, defensive driver, emergency military deployment, military active duty, and anti-lock brakes.
- AAA offers premium reductions for anti-theft, multi-car, AAA membership discount, education and occupation, multi-policy, pay-in-full, and good student.
- 21st Century may have discounts that include air bags, driver training, student driver, teen driver, and theft prevention.
- The Hartford may include discounts for good student, defensive driver, driver training, air bag, bundle, anti-theft, and vehicle fuel type.
Check with every prospective company which discounts you qualify for. Savings might not be offered everywhere. If you would like to choose from a list of insurers who offer online Audi A6 insurance quotes in Colorado, follow this link.
Local Denver insurance agents and car insurance
A lot of people just want to get advice from a local agent and often times that is recommended Good agents will help you protect your assets and help in the event of a claim. One of the great benefits of getting online price quotes is you may find cheaper premium rates and still buy from a local agent. And supporting local insurance agencies is definitely important in Denver.
By using this form (opens in new window), the quote information is transmitted to agents in your area who will give you bids to get your business. It makes it easy because there is no need to even leave your home since rate quotes are delivered instantly to you. If you need to quote rates from a particular provider, you would need to visit that company's website and complete a quote there.
Denver auto insurance agents are either independent or exclusive
If you want a reliable agent, you should know the types of insurance agents and how they work. Agents in Denver are categorized either independent agents or exclusive agents depending on their employer. Either can properly insure your vehicles, but we need to point out why they differ since it may influence the kind of agent you use.
Independent Insurance Agents
Agents that choose to be independent do not have single company limitations so they have the ability to put coverage with multiple insurance companies and find the cheapest car insurance rates. If you are not satisfied with one company, an independent agent can move your coverage and you can keep the same agent. When comparing rates, it's a good idea to compare quotes from at least one independent agent to get the best comparison. Most also write with mutual insurance companies which may have better rates.
Listed below is a partial list of independent agents in Denver that can possibly get you pricing information.
- FUSA Insurance Agency
7900 E Union Ave #200 - Denver, CO 80237 - (303) 752-5806 - View Map
- L A Insurance
2684 S Broadway - Denver, CO 80210 - (303) 282-8000 - View Map
- Dagley Insurance and Financial Services Inc
2055 S Federal Blvd - Denver, CO 80219 - (303) 975-1229 - View Map
Exclusive Insurance Agencies
Exclusive agencies have only one company to place business with and some examples include Allstate, State Farm and Farmers Insurance. They are unable to give you multiple price quotes so you might not find the best rates. Exclusive agencies receive extensive training on their company's products and that enables them to sell even at higher rates. Consumers often purchase coverage from exclusives mainly due to the brand name rather than low rates.
Listed below are Denver exclusive agents that can give you comparison quotes.
- Hank Dorner - State Farm Insurance Agent
118 W 5th Ave - Denver, CO 80204 - (303) 280-1115 - View Map
- American Family Insurance - Abbie Davis Tanner Agency Inc
2855 Speer Blvd Suite D - Denver, CO 80211 - (303) 333-0205 - View Map
- Austin Domsch - State Farm Insurance Agent
400 S Colorado Blvd #890 - Denver, CO 80246 - (303) 321-0895 - View Map
Finding the right insurance agency shouldn't rely on just a cheap price. Any agent in Denver should be willing to answer these questions.
- Do they have a Better Business Bureau rating in Denver?
- Is auto insurance their primary focus in Denver?
- Are they in the agency full-time?
- What will you get paid if your car is a total loss? How is that amount determined?
- Who are their largest clients?
- Where are claims handled?
- If they are an independent agency in Denver, which companies do they recommend?
Do the work, save more money
In this article, we presented a lot of techniques to find cheap Audi A6 insurance in Denver. The most important thing to understand is the more times you quote, the better likelihood of getting affordable Denver car insurance quotes. You may even discover the lowest priced car insurance comes from a company that doesn't do a lot of advertising.
People change insurance companies for many reasons like poor customer service, extreme rates for teen drivers, not issuing a premium refund or even policy cancellation. It doesn't matter why you want to switch choosing a new insurance company is not as difficult as it may seem.
The cheapest Audi A6 insurance in Denver is attainable online and from local insurance agents, and you should be comparing both so you have a total pricing picture. A few companies don't offer online quoting and many times these smaller providers prefer to sell through independent agents.
To read more, link through to the resources below:
- Distracted Driving Statistics (Insurance Information Institute)
- How Much is Colorado Auto Insurance for a Chevrolet Silverado? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable Auto Insurance for Active Military in Colorado? (FAQ)
- Who Has the Cheapest Auto Insurance for Drivers with Good Credit in Colorado? (FAQ)
- What Car Insurance is Cheapest in Littleton, Colorado? (FAQ)
- What Auto Insurance is Cheapest in Parker, Colorado? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable Auto Insurance for Low Mileage Drivers in Colorado? (FAQ)
- Older Driver Statistics (Insurance Information Institute)
- Credit Impacts Car Insurance Rates (State Farm)
- Credit and Insurance Scores (Insurance Information Institute)