Has it been a year or more since you last compared quotes for lower-priced insurance rates in Fort Collins, CO? Fort Collins consumers have lots of choices when looking for affordable Audi A5 insurance. They can either spend hours driving around to get rate comparisons or save time using the internet to compare rates.
There are more efficient ways to find insurance online so you're going to learn the absolute fastest way to compare rates on a Audi and locate the lowest price from both online companies and Fort Collins agents.
If you have coverage now or just want a better rate, you can use this information to shop for the lowest rates without sacrificing coverage. This article will teach you a little about the best methods to compare rates and how you can save the most money. Comparison shoppers only need an understanding of the tricks to get comparison rates over the internet.
Most larger insurance companies give prices on their websites. Getting Audi A5 insurance prices online is fairly straightforward as all you need to do is type in the coverages you want into the form. After you complete the form, the company's rating system orders your driving and credit reports and gives you a price quote.
This makes it a lot easier to compare rates and it's very important to compare as many rates as possible if you want to find a better rate.
To quickly find out what other companies charge, compare rate quotes from the providers shown below. If you currently have coverage, we recommend you copy deductibles and limits just like they are on your policy. Doing this assures you will get rate quotes using the exact same coverages.
The companies shown below are our best choices to provide free rate quotes in Fort Collins, CO. If multiple providers are shown, it's a good idea that you click on several of them to find the cheapest auto insurance rates.
|Model||Comp||Collision||Liability||Medical||UM/UIM||Annual Premium||Monthly Premium|
|A5 2.0T Quattro Premium 2-Dr Coupe||$164||$332||$286||$16||$86||$884||$74|
|A5 2.0T Quattro Premium Plus 2-Dr Coupe||$206||$448||$362||$22||$108||$1,146||$96|
|A5 3.2 Quattro Prestige 2-Dr Coupe||$380||$838||$298||$18||$90||$1,624||$135|
|A5 3.2 Quattro Premium Plus 2-Dr Coupe||$326||$862||$338||$20||$102||$1,648||$137|
|A5 2.0T Quattro Prestige 2-Dr Coupe||$390||$702||$392||$24||$118||$1,626||$136|
|A5 2.0T Premium 2-Dr Convertible||$316||$566||$460||$28||$138||$1,508||$126|
|A5 2.0T Premium Plus 2-Dr Convertible||$294||$688||$368||$22||$110||$1,482||$124|
|A5 2.0T Quattro Prestige S-Line 2-Dr Coupe||$324||$724||$338||$20||$102||$1,508||$126|
|A5 2.0T Prestige S-Line 2-Dr Convertible||$294||$596||$338||$20||$100||$1,348||$112|
|A5 2.0T Prestige 2-Dr Convertible||$348||$566||$460||$28||$138||$1,540||$128|
|A5 3.2 Quattro Prestige S-Line 2-Dr Coupe||$290||$650||$280||$16||$84||$1,320||$110|
|Get Your Own Custom Quote Go|
Above prices assume married female driver age 50, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, $250 deductibles, and Colorado minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include claim-free, homeowner, multi-policy, safe-driver, and multi-vehicle. Rates do not factor in your specific Fort Collins location which can increase or decrease coverage rates considerably.
How violations and accidents impact rates
The example below highlights how traffic violations and at-fault accidents increase Audi A5 auto insurance costs for different age groups of insureds. The premiums assume a single female driver, full physical damage coverage, $1,000 deductibles, and no discounts are applied to the premium.
Get cheaper rates by applying discounts
Insuring your vehicles can cost a lot, but there's a good chance there are discounts that could drop your premiums quite a bit. Many discounts should be triggered when you complete an application, but occasionally some discounts must be asked about before being credited.
- Early Signing - A few auto insurance companies offer discounts for switching to them prior to the expiration date on your current A5 insurance policy. It's a savings of about 10%.
- Drive Less and Save - Driving less could qualify for cheaper premium rates.
- Club Memberships - Joining qualifying clubs or civic groups may earn a discount when getting a Fort Collins car insurance quote.
- Sign Online - A handful of larger companies will provide an incentive for buying a policy and signing up on the web.
- Discount for Life Insurance - Select companies reward you with lower premium rates if you buy a life policy as well.
- Accident Forgiveness Coverage - Not necessarily a discount, but some insurance companies will forgive one accident without the usual rate increase with the catch being you have to be claim-free before the accident.
- Discount for Multiple Policies - If you have multiple policies with the same company you could get a discount of up to 20% off your total A5 insurance premium.
- ABS Braking Discount - Cars, trucks, and SUVs equipped with ABS or steering control can reduce accidents so companies give up to a 10% discount.
Remember that most credits do not apply the the whole policy. A few only apply to specific coverage prices like comprehensive or collision. So even though you would think you would end up receiving a 100% discount, insurance companies wouldn't stay in business. But all discounts will cut the cost of your policy.
A partial list of companies that possibly offer most of the discounts above include:
When getting a coverage quote, ask every prospective company which credits you are entitled to. Savings might not be offered in Fort Collins. If you would like to choose from a list of auto insurance companies with significant discounts in Fort Collins, follow this link.
What Determines Audi A5 Insurance Prices?
It's important that you understand some of the elements that come into play when calculating the rates you pay for car insurance. If you know what influences your rates, this helps enable you to make changes that can earn you lower car insurance prices.
Listed below are most of the major factors used by your company to calculate premiums.
- High premiums for youthful drivers - Older drivers are shown to be more cautious, are lower risk to insure, and are safer drivers.Teen drivers are proven to be careless and easily distracted when driving and because of this, their car insurance rates are much higher.
- See if your company offers a multi-policy discount - The majority of car insurance companies afford better rates to clients who buy several policies from them. It's known as a multi-policy discount. Even with this discount applied, drivers will still want to comparison shop to help ensure you have the lowest rates.
- Lower premiums with alarm systems - Owning a car with a theft deterrent system can save you a little every year. Anti-theft devices like OnStar found on GM vehicles, advanced tracking like LoJack, and vehicle immobilization systems all hinder your car from being stolen.
- Higher prices for policy lapses - Going without insurance is a quick way to pay more for car insurance. And not only will your rates increase, being ticketed for driving with no insurance may result in fines and jail time.
- More performance means more cost - The performance level of the vehicle you need insurance for makes a big difference in the rate you pay. Since the Audi A5 is a luxury sports car, insurance will be up to twice as much than the average rate where you live in Fort Collins. Small economy passenger models normally have pretty low rates, but that's not the only thing that factors into the final price.
- Prices may be lower depending on your job - Occupations like fire fighters, police officers, and stock brokers usually pay higher premium rates because of job stress and long work hours. On the other hand, careers such as farmers, engineers and performers have the lowest average rates.
- Insurance loss data for an Audi A5 - Auto insurance companies study historical loss data when determining insurance costs. Vehicles that tend to have a trend towards higher claim severity or frequency will have higher rates for specific coverages.
The table below illustrates the compiled insurance loss statistics for Audi A5 vehicles. For each type of coverage, the statistical loss for all vehicles, regardless of make or model, is set at 100. Values under 100 suggest a better than average loss history, while numbers above 100 indicate higher probability of having a loss or tendancy to have larger claims.
Audi A5 Insurance Claim Statistics
Make and Model Collision Property Damage Comp Personal Injury Medical Payment Bodily Injury Audi A5 2dr 4WD 196 92 140 73 83 100 Audi A5 Convertible 4WD 147 73 140 56
Empty fields indicate not enough data collected
Statistics Source: Insurance Institute for Highway Safety for 2013-2015 Model Years
Local Fort Collins car insurance agents
A lot of people would rather talk to an insurance agent and that is a personal choice. Good agents are highly skilled in risk management and help file insurance claims. A nice benefit of comparing insurance prices online is that you can find lower rates and still have a local agent. Buying from local insurance agents is especially important in Fort Collins.
To make it easy to find an agent, after completing this simple form, your coverage information is immediately sent to insurance agents in Fort Collins who want to provide quotes for your car insurance coverage. There is no reason to do any legwork because quoted prices will be sent instantly to you. If you wish to compare rates from one company in particular, you would need to find their quoting web page and submit a quote form there.
The different types of auto insurance agents
If you are wanting to purchase car insurance from a good Fort Collins insurance agent, it's helpful to know the types of agencies and how they can quote your rates. Car insurance agents are categorized either exclusive or independent (non-exclusive). Either can sell affordable car insurance policies, but it's good to learn the difference between them since it can affect buying decisions.
Independent Car Insurance Agents
Agents in the independent channel are normally appointed by many insurers and that allows them to write policies through many companies and find the cheapest car insurance rates. To move your coverage to a new company, your policy is moved internally without you having to go to a different agency.
When comparing car insurance prices, it's a good idea to get insurance quotes from independent agents so that you have a good selection of quotes to compare. Most also write with additional companies that you may not be familiar with which may provide better rates.
Shown below is a small list of independent agencies in Fort Collins who can help you get pricing information.
- John C. Beckett and Associates
220 Smith St - Fort Collins, CO 80524 - (970) 484-2805 - View Map
- Northern Colorado Insurance Services Inc
525 N Denver Ave - Loveland, CO 80537 - (970) 622-9734 - View Map
- Skies West Insurance Agency, inc
1531 Riverside Ave - Fort Collins, CO 80524 - (970) 223-7611 - View Map
Exclusive Car Insurance Agencies
Agents that choose to be exclusive write business for a single company such as State Farm, Allstate, and Farm Bureau. These agents are not able to provide other company's prices so they are skilled at selling on more than just price. Exclusive agents are trained well on their company's products which helps overcome the inability to quote other rates. Some people will only buy from the same agent for years mostly because of the brand name and strong financial ratings.
Shown below are exclusive insurance agencies in Fort Collins who can help you get price quote information.
- Bill Cofer - State Farm Insurance Agent
2700 S College Ave Ste 110 - Fort Collins, CO 80525 - (970) 223-7900 - View Map
- Mary Biggers - State Farm Insurance Agent
1318 S College Ave - Fort Collins, CO 80524 - (970) 493-9336 - View Map
- Danny Barnhart - State Farm Insurance Agent
Ste B6, 2427 S College Ave - Fort Collins, CO 80525 - (970) 226-1800 - View Map
Choosing the best auto insurance agent requires more thought than just a cheap price. Here are some questions to ask:
- Does the agent have a valid license to sell insurance in Colorado?
- Does the quote include credit and driving reports?
- Which companies do they recommend if they are an independent agency?
- What company do they have the most business with?
- Does the company allow you to choose your own collision repair facility?
- Are they involved in claim handling?
- Will their companies depreciate repairs to your car based on the mileage?
When in doubt talk to an agent
When selecting insurance from an agent or online, there isn't really a one-size-fits-all type of policy. Everyone's needs are different and your insurance should be unique as well. Here are some questions about coverages that may help you determine if your situation will benefit from professional help.
- Is my custom paint covered by insurance?
- Do I need rental car coverage?
- When should I buy a commercial auto policy?
- Do I need motorclub coverage?
- Am I covered while delivering pizza?
- Can I drive in Mexico and have coverage?
- Are my friends covered when driving my car?
- Do I have coverage if my license is suspended?
If you can't answer these questions but one or more may apply to you, you may need to chat with an agent. If you want to speak to an agent in your area, complete this form or click here for a list of insurance companies in your area. It only takes a few minutes and may give you better protection.
Smaller companies may have the best rates
Colorado drivers can't escape the ads for cheaper insurance by State Farm and Allstate. All the ads convey the message that you can save if you move to them.
How does every company charge lower premium rates? This is the trick they use.
Insurance companies give the cheapest rates for the right customer that is profitable for them. A good example of this type of insured could be between 25 and 40, owns a home, and drives less than 5,000 miles a year. A customer getting a price quote who fits that profile will get a cheap rate quote in Fort Collins as well as save a lot on Fort Collins Audi A5 insurance if they switch.
People who cannot meet these stringent criteria will be quoted a higher premium which leads to the prospect going elsewhere. The ads state "drivers who switch" not "everyone that quotes" will save that much if they switch. That is how companies can make those claims.
This really illustrates why you need to get a wide range of price quotes. You cannot predict which company will have the lowest rates for your situation.
Compare but don't skimp
Some insurance companies may not have online quoting and these small insurance companies prefer to sell through independent insurance agencies. Low-cost Audi A5 insurance in Fort Collins can be found on the web in addition to local insurance agencies, so you need to compare both in order to have the best price selection to choose from.
You just read many tips how you can save on Audi A5 insurance in Fort Collins. The key concept to understand is the more companies you get premium rates for, the better your comparison will be. You may even discover the lowest car insurance rates come from the smaller companies. These companies can often insure niche markets at a lower cost compared to the large companies like Allstate or State Farm.
When you buy Fort Collins car insurance online, you should never buy poor coverage just to save money. There are many occasions where someone sacrificed liability coverage limits and learned later that it was a big error on their part. The goal is to buy a smart amount of coverage at the best price, but don't skip important coverages to save money.
More tips and info about insurance is available in these articles:
- How do I File a Claim? (Insurance Information Institute)
- What is the Best Cheap Auto Insurance in Fort Collins, CO? (FAQ)
- Who Has the Cheapest Auto Insurance Quotes for Drivers Under 25 in Colorado? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Car Insurance Quotes for Unemployed Drivers in Colorado? (FAQ)
- What Auto Insurance is Cheapest for Veterans in Colorado? (FAQ)
- How Much are Car Insurance Quotes for a School Permit in Colorado? (FAQ)
- How Much are Colorado Car Insurance Quotes for a Toyota 4Runner? (FAQ)
- How Much are Colorado Car Insurance Quotes After a Speeding Ticket? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable Auto Insurance Rates for a GMC Sierra in Colorado? (FAQ)
- Distracted Driving (Insurance Information Institute)
- Prom Night Tips for Teen Drivers (State Farm)
- Child Safety Seats (Insurance Information Institute)