Do you want more competitive Cadillac SRX insurance in Colorado Springs? Finding cheaper coverage rates for Cadillac SRX insurance in Colorado Springs is frustrating for drivers who have little experience comparing prices online. With literally dozens of online companies available, it can quickly become a real difficult job to find the perfect company for you.
It's astonishing, but the vast majority of Colorado insurance customers have bought insurance from the same company for over three years, and nearly half have never compared rates to find cheaper insurance. Many consumers in the U.S. can cut their rates by nearly $859 a year just by comparing rates, but they don't want to take the time to find cheaper insurance by shopping around.
It is always a good idea to compare premium rates once or twice a year because prices tend to go up over time. Just because you had the lowest rates on Cadillac SRX insurance in Colorado Springs a few years ago the chances are good that you can find a lower premium rate today. Forget all the misinformation about insurance because I'm going to teach you how to use online quotes to save on insurance.
If you have a policy now, you should be able to get lower rates using these techniques. Comparing quotes for the cheapest policy in Colorado Springs can be fairly easy. Nevertheless, Colorado car owners must comprehend the methods companies use to determine premium rates because rates fluctuate considerably.
To find cheaper Colorado Springs auto insurance quotes, there are several ways to get quotes from car insurance companies in your area. The quickest method to find cheaper Cadillac SRX rates is simply to get online rate quotes.
When quoting car insurance, remember that comparing all the rates in your area increases your odds of finding a lower rate than you're paying now.
The car insurance companies shown below offer price quotes in Colorado. If multiple companies are listed, we recommend you visit two to three different companies in order to find the most affordable rates.
|Model||Comp||Collision||Liability||Medical||UM/UIM||Annual Premium||Monthly Premium|
|SRX Luxury 2WD||$210||$480||$474||$28||$142||$1,334||$111|
|SRX Luxury AWD||$172||$360||$362||$22||$108||$1,024||$85|
|SRX Performance 2WD||$346||$682||$362||$22||$108||$1,520||$127|
|SRX Performance AWD||$182||$382||$368||$22||$110||$1,064||$89|
|SRX Premium 2WD||$296||$630||$338||$20||$100||$1,384||$115|
|SRX Premium AWD||$206||$448||$426||$26||$128||$1,234||$103|
|Get Your Own Custom Quote Go|
Cost estimates assume single male driver age 40, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, $1,000 deductibles, and Colorado minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include multi-policy, homeowner, safe-driver, claim-free, and multi-vehicle. Rates do not factor in Colorado Springs location which can revise coverage rates noticeably.
Full coverage versus liability-only in Colorado Springs
The illustration below illustrates the comparison of Cadillac SRX yearly insurance costs with and without physical damage coverage. The data is based on no claims, a clean driving record, $500 deductibles, married male driver, and no discounts are applied.
When to switch to liability coverage only
There isn't a steadfast formula to drop comprehensive and collision coverage on your policy, but there is a general guideline you can use. If the annual cost of your full coverage insurance is 10% or more of replacement cost minus your deductible, then you might consider buying liability only.
For example, let's pretend your Cadillac SRX claim settlement value is $4,000 and you have $1,000 full coverage deductibles. If your vehicle is damaged in an accident, you would only receive $3,000 after paying the physical damage deductible. If you are currently paying more than $300 annually for physical damage coverage, then you may need to consider dropping full coverage.
There are some scenarios where only buying liability is not financially feasible. If you still have a lienholder on your title, you must maintain physical damage coverage as part of the loan conditions. Also, if your finances do not allow you to purchase a different vehicle in the event your current vehicle is totaled, you should not remove full coverage.
Three reasons to not skimp on car insurance
Despite the high cost, car insurance is required in Colorado but it also protects you in many ways.
- Almost all states have compulsory liability insurance requirements which means you are required to carry a specific minimum amount of liability protection in order to drive the car. In Colorado these limits are 25/50/15 which means you must have $25,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $50,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $15,000 of property damage coverage.
- If your Cadillac SRX has a loan, almost all lenders will make it a condition of the loan that you have physical damage coverage to protect their interest in the vehicle. If you do not keep the policy in force, the lender will be forced to insure your Cadillac at a much higher premium rate and require you to fork over for the much more expensive policy.
- Car insurance protects both your car and your assets. It will also cover medical transport and hospital expenses for both you and anyone you injure as the result of an accident. One policy coverage, liability insurance, will also pay for a defense attorney if anyone sues you for causing an accident. If your vehicle suffers damage from an accident or hail, collision and comprehensive (also known as other-than-collision) coverage will cover the repair costs.
The benefits of carrying adequate insurance are without a doubt worth the cost, especially for larger claims. According to a 2015 survey, the average American driver is overpaying more than $865 each year so you should quote your policy with other companies each time the policy renews to be sure current rates are still competitive.
Save a ton by taking advantage of discounts
Companies don't necessarily list all discounts in an easy-to-find place, so below is a list both the well known and also the more inconspicuous car insurance savings.
- Good Student - Getting good grades may save as much as 25% on a Colorado Springs auto insurance quote. The good student discount can last until age 25.
- Discounts for Seat Belt Usage - Forcing all vehicle occupants to buckle up before driving can save a little off the medical payments premium.
- College Student Discount - Youth drivers who live away from home to go to college and won't have access to an insured vehicle can be insured at a reduced rate.
- Home Ownership Discount - Owning your own home or condo can help you save on car insurance due to the fact that maintaining a home demonstrates responsibility.
- E-sign - A few larger online companies will give you a small discount shop Colorado Springs auto insurance online.
- Multi-Vehicle Discounts - Drivers who insure several vehicles with one company may reduce the rate for each vehicle.
Please keep in mind that most discount credits are not given to all coverage premiums. A few only apply to individual premiums such as comprehensive or collision. So when the math indicates adding up those discounts means a free policy, it doesn't quite work that way. But all discounts will lower your policy premiums.
Companies and a summarized list of policyholder discounts can be read below.
- The Hartford has savings for anti-theft, good student, air bag, vehicle fuel type, bundle, defensive driver, and driver training.
- American Family discounts include good driver, early bird, Steer into Savings, good student, mySafetyValet, TimeAway discount, and air bags.
- Progressive offers discounts for homeowner, online quote discount, multi-policy, multi-vehicle, continuous coverage, online signing, and good student.
- Travelers has discounts for home ownership, early quote, multi-car, good student, and multi-policy.
- Farmers Insurance may include discounts for business and professional, multi-car, mature driver, alternative fuel, and homeowner.
- USAA policyholders can earn discounts including family discount, annual mileage, driver training, multi-vehicle, and loyalty savings.
- Liberty Mutual may offer discounts for hybrid vehicle, newly married, new move discount, exclusive group savings, multi-car, multi-policy, and newly retired.
If you need lower rates, check with each insurance company which credits you are entitled to. Discounts might not be offered on policies in Colorado Springs. To view companies offering car insurance discounts in Colorado, click here.
Compare rates but still have a neighborhood Colorado Springs auto insurance agent
Some people prefer to talk to an insurance agent and that can be a great decision One of the best bonuses of comparing car insurance online is the fact that you can find lower rates and still have a local agent.
Upon completion of this short form, the coverage information is immediately sent to companies in Colorado Springs who will give competitive quotes for your insurance coverage. You won't even need to do any legwork because prices are sent to you. You'll get the best rates and a licensed agent to talk to. If you want to compare prices from a specific company, just go to their quote page to submit a rate quote request.
Deciding on an company should include more criteria than just a low price. Agents should be asked these questions:
- Do they reduce claim amounts on high mileage vehicles?
- If you raise deductibles, how much can you save?
- How experienced are they in personal risk management?
- Do you qualify for any additional discounts?
- Is there a 24/7 contact number?
- Where are claims handled?
- What company do they have the most business with?
If you prefer to buy car insurance from a reputable insurance agent or broker, there are two types of insurance agents from which to choose. Agencies in Colorado Springs are classified as either independent agents or exclusive agents depending on their employer.
Agents that elect to be exclusive can only place business with one company and examples are Farmers Insurance and State Farm. They usually cannot compare other company's rates so you need to shop around if the rates are high. Exclusive agents receive a lot of sales training on their products and sales techniques which helps overcome the inability to quote other rates. Consumers often choose to use a exclusive agent mainly due to the brand name instead of buying on price only.
Shown below is a short list of exclusive agencies in Colorado Springs who can help you get price quotes.
- John Hall - State Farm Insurance Agent
1614 Academy Blvd N b - Colorado Springs, CO 80909 - (719) 596-1414 - View Map
- Peter Martinez - State Farm Insurance Agent
106 N Circle Drive - Colorado Springs, CO 80909 - (719) 633-0300 - View Map
- American Family Insurance - Diane Christensen
1957 W Uintah St - Colorado Springs, CO 80904 - (719) 477-1636 - View Map
Independent Insurance Agents
Agents that choose to be independent are appointed with more than one company and that enables them to quote your coverage through many different car insurance companies and find the cheapest rate. If they find a cheaper price, the business is moved internally which requires no work on your part. If you need lower rates, it's recommended you include rate quotes from a couple of independent agencies to have the most options to choose from. They also have the ability to place coverage with additional companies that you may not be familiar with that many times have cheaper rates.
Below are Colorado Springs independent insurance agencies that are able to give rate quotes.
- A Better Choice Auto Insurance
1863 N Circle Dr - Colorado Springs, CO 80909 - (719) 667-1301 - View Map
- Jensen Insurance Agency
125 N Parkside Dr #201f - Colorado Springs, CO 80909 - (719) 635-9557 - View Map
- Benson Insurance Group, LLC
5155 N Academy, #110 - Colorado Springs, CO 80918 - (719) 622-3079 - View Map
Quote often and quote early
People switch companies for any number of reasons including policy cancellation, lack of trust in their agent, being labeled a high risk driver or even high rates after DUI convictions. Regardless of your reason, finding the right auto insurance provider is pretty easy and you might even save some money in the process.
While you're price shopping online, never buy lower coverage limits just to save a few bucks. In many cases, an insured dropped comprehensive coverage or liability limits and discovered at claim time that the savings was not a smart move. The ultimate goal is to get the best coverage possible at the best cost and still be able to protect your assets.
Cheap Cadillac SRX insurance in Colorado Springs can be sourced online in addition to many Colorado Springs insurance agents, and you need to comparison shop both to have the best chance of lowering rates. Some companies don't offer online quoting and many times these smaller companies prefer to sell through independent agents.
For more information, link through to the following helpful articles:
- What if I Can't Find Coverage? (Insurance Information Institute)
- Who Has Cheap Auto Insurance for a Toyota RAV4 in Colorado? (FAQ)
- What Auto Insurance is Cheapest in Grand Junction, Colorado? (FAQ)
- How Much are Auto Insurance Quotes for a Learners Permit in Colorado? (FAQ)
- Who Has the Cheapest Colorado Car Insurance for a Chevrolet Cruze? (FAQ)
- What is the Cheapest Car Insurance in Westminster, Colorado? (FAQ)
- What is the Best Cheap Auto Insurance in Highlands Ranch, Colorado? (FAQ)
- Who Has the Cheapest Car Insurance for Ride Shares in Colorado? (FAQ)
- What does Personal Injury Protection (PIP) Cover? (Allstate)
- Cellphones, Texting and Driving (iihs.org)
- Auto Insurance 101 (About.com)
- Bodily Injury Coverage (Liberty Mutual)