Has it been a year or more since you last compared quotes for more competitive Cadillac Escalade insurance in Aurora? High-priced car insurance in Aurora can bottom out your savings account and make it impossible to make ends meet.
A recent study showed that most drivers in Colorado kept their coverage with the same car insurance company for a minimum of four years, and roughly 40% of drivers have never compared rates to find affordable insurance. American drivers could save up to $850 each year just by comparing rates, but most tend to underestimate the large savings they would see if they changed companies.
Due to the abundance of options when it comes to car insurance, it can be impossible to pick the lowest price car insurance provider.
Consumers should take time to shop coverage around at least once a year since insurance prices are constantly changing. Just because you found the best price on Cadillac Escalade insurance in Aurora a few years ago you can probably find a lower rate today. Forget anything you know (or think you know) about car insurance because I'm going to teach you how to use the internet to remove unneeded coverages and save money.
These tips will teach you how insurance works and some tips to save money. If you have auto insurance now, you will surely be able to lower your rates using these tips. But Colorado car owners must understand how companies price online insurance and use this information to your advantage.
Best companies for Cadillac Escalade insurance
The providers in the list below are our best choices to provide price comparisons in Colorado. If more than one company is shown, we suggest you visit several of them to get the best price comparison.
|Model||Comp||Collision||Liability||Medical||UM/UIM||Annual Premium||Monthly Premium|
|Escalade Luxury Edition 2WD||$278||$460||$452||$26||$136||$1,352||$113|
|Escalade Premium Edition 4WD||$288||$490||$462||$28||$138||$1,406||$117|
|Escalade Luxury Edition 4WD||$218||$402||$496||$30||$148||$1,294||$108|
|Escalade Premium Edition 2WD||$218||$382||$496||$30||$148||$1,274||$106|
|Escalade Hybrid 2WD||$398||$768||$404||$24||$122||$1,716||$143|
|Escalade Hybrid 4WD||$288||$620||$448||$26||$134||$1,516||$126|
|Escalade Platinum Edition 2WD||$258||$470||$412||$24||$124||$1,288||$107|
|Escalade Platinum Edition 4WD||$372||$696||$592||$36||$178||$1,874||$156|
|Escalade Hybrid Platinum 2WD||$348||$788||$516||$30||$154||$1,836||$153|
|Escalade Hybrid Platinum 4WD||$282||$592||$382||$22||$114||$1,392||$116|
|Get Your Own Custom Quote Go|
Premium data assumes married male driver age 50, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, $500 deductibles, and Colorado minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include multi-policy, homeowner, safe-driver, multi-vehicle, and claim-free. Rates do not factor in your specific Aurora location which can raise or lower price quotes greatly.
Auto insurance rates are higher with tickets and accidents
The illustration below illustrates how traffic citations and accidents increase Cadillac Escalade insurance costs for different age groups of insureds. The costs are based on a single female driver, comprehensive and collision coverage, $250 deductibles, and no policy discounts are applied.
Higher deductibles save money
The illustration below highlights how deductible selection and can impact Cadillac Escalade yearly insurance costs for each different age group. The premiums are based on a married female driver, comprehensive and collision coverage, and no discounts are factored in.
Cadillac Escalade full coverage rates compared to liability only
The chart below shows the difference between Cadillac Escalade insurance costs with full coverage and liability only. The prices are based on no claims or violations, $250 deductibles, single female driver, and no discounts are taken into consideration.
When to drop comp and collision
There is no set rule to exclude physical damage insurance, but there is a general guideline you can use. If the annual cost of your full coverage insurance is more than 10% of the vehicle's replacement cost less your deductible, then you may need to consider dropping full coverage.
For example, let's say your Cadillac Escalade book value is $8,000 and you have $1,000 full coverage deductibles. If your vehicle is severely damaged, the most your company will settle for is $7,000 after the policy deductible has been paid. If it's costing you more than $700 annually for full coverage, then it's probably a good time to buy liability coverage only.
There are some scenarios where dropping physical damage coverage is not financially feasible. If you still have a loan on your vehicle, you are required to maintain full coverage as part of the loan conditions. Also, if your savings is not enough to buy a different vehicle in the even your car is totaled, you should not drop full coverage.
Educated Choices Result in Lower Insurance Prices
Multiple criteria are part of the equation when you get your auto insurance bill. A few of the factors are predictable like your driving record, although others are not quite as obvious such as your credit history or your vehicle rating. When buying car insurance it's important to understand the different types of things that help calculate your policy premiums. When you understand what positively or negatively impacts your premiums, this helps enable you to make changes that could help you find lower rates.
Shown below are some of the most common factors that factor into premiums.
- Single drivers may pay higher prices - Your spouse may save some money when shopping for car insurance. Marriage translates into being more mature and responsible and insurance companies reward insureds because married drivers tend to have fewer serious accidents.
- High coverage deductibles cost less - Protection for physical damage, also known as collision and other-than-collision, covers your vehicle from damage. Examples of covered claims are running into the backend of another car, hail damage, and rolling your vehicle. Physical damage deductibles define the amount the insured will be required to pay if you file a covered claim. The more damage repair cost the insured is willing to pay, the less your company will charge you for insurance.
- Save miles and save money - The more you drive your Cadillac every year the higher the price you pay to insure it. Most companies price each vehicle's coverage partially by how you use the vehicle. Cars that do not get driven very much get more affordable rates than cars that get driven a lot. Incorrect rating for your Escalade can result in significantly higher rates. Ask your agent if your car insurance policy correctly shows how each vehicle is driven.
- Higher rates for car insurance policy lapses - Going without insurance can be a sure-fire way to drive up your policy premiums. Not only will rates go up, the inability to provide proof of insurance may earn you a hefty fine and possibly a revoked license.
- Safer cars save money - Cars with high safety ratings tend to have lower insurance rates. The safest vehicles reduce injuries and fewer injuries translates directly to fewer claims and lower rates for you. If your Cadillac Escalade scored at minimum four stars on Safercar.gov you may pay a lower rate.
- Prevent your car from being stolen - Driving a car with a theft deterrent system can help bring down rates. Theft prevention features such as OnStar found on GM vehicles, advanced tracking like LoJack, and vehicle immobilization systems can help prevent your vehicle from being stolen.
- Extra policy coverages that may not be needed - Policies have extra coverages that you can get tricked into buying on your car insurance policy. Coverages like personal injury protection, towing, and motor club memberships may be costing you every month. These may sound like a good investment at first, but if they're wasting money eliminate the coverages to reduce your premium.
- Cadillac Escalade claim probability - Insurers include the past claim trends for vehicles as a tool for profitable underwriting. Vehicles that historically have higher prevalence or dollar amount of losses will have higher rates for specific coverages. The table below illustrates the insurance loss data used by companies for Cadillac Escalade vehicles.
For each coverage type, the claim probability for all vehicles, regardless of make or model, is a value of 100. Numbers under 100 imply a favorable loss record, while numbers above 100 indicate frequent claims or tendancy to have larger claims.
Cadillac Escalade Insurance Loss Statistics
Make and Model Collision Property Damage Comp Personal Injury Medical Payment Bodily Injury Cadillac Escalade 4dr 2WD 156 122 Cadillac Escalade 4dr 4WD 132 99 119 55 Cadillac Escalade ESV 4dr 2WD 124 Cadillac Escalade ESV 4dr 4WD 123 106 155
Empty fields indicate not enough data collected
Statistics from IIHS.org for 2013-2015 Model Years
Companies offer lots of discounts on Cadillac Escalade insurance in Aurora
Some companies do not list every possible discount in a way that's easy to find, so the list below contains a few of the more well known and the harder-to-find discounts you could be receiving when you buy Aurora auto insurance online.
- Senior Citizen Discount - Drivers over the age of 55 can get a discount up to 10%.
- Discount for Low Mileage - Low annual miles could qualify for cheaper premium rates.
- Discount for Multiple Policies - If you can bundle your home and auto insurance with the same insurance company you may save nearly 15% which can help you find cheaper Escalade insurance.
- Driver's Ed - It's a good idea to have your young drivers participate in a local driver's education class if it's offered in school.
- Discount for Good Grades - A discount for being a good student may save you up to 25%. Many companies even apply the discount to college students well after school through age 25.
- Payment Method - If you pay your bill all at once rather than paying in monthly installments you can actually save on your bill.
- Driving Data Discount - Insureds who allow their insurance company to monitor driving habits by using a telematic data system such as Drivewise from Allstate or Snapshot from Progressive could see a rate decrease as long as the data is positive.
- Seat Belts Save more than Lives - Using a seat belt and requiring all passengers to wear their seat belts can save up to 15% on the premium charged for medical payments and/or PIP.
- Accident Forgiveness Coverage - This one is not really a discount per se, but a handful of insurance companies will let one accident slide before raising your premiums so long as you haven't had any claims for a particular time prior to the accident.
We need to note that many deductions do not apply to the entire cost. Most only apply to the cost of specific coverages such as liability, collision or medical payments. Even though it appears having all the discounts means you get insurance for free, you're out of luck.
A list of insurance companies and some of the premium reductions they offer are shown below.
- GEICO offers discounts including multi-vehicle, military active duty, daytime running lights, five-year accident-free, multi-policy, and membership and employees.
- SAFECO has discounts for teen safe driver, homeowner, anti-lock brakes, teen safety rewards, anti-theft, and safe driver.
- State Farm includes discounts for multiple policy, driver's education, good student, anti-theft, Steer Clear safe driver discount, passive restraint, and safe vehicle.
- MetLife may have discounts that include defensive driver, good student, claim-free, multi-policy, accident-free, good driver
- 21st Century offers premium reductions for teen driver, good student, defensive driver, early bird, and student driver.
- Progressive may include discounts for good student, online signing, multi-vehicle, online quote discount, multi-policy, continuous coverage, and homeowner.
When getting free Aurora auto insurance quotes, it's a good idea to each company which discounts you qualify for. Depending on the company, some discounts may not be offered in Aurora. If you would like to choose from a list of companies who offer free Cadillac Escalade insurance quotes in Colorado, follow this link.
Car insurance is available from local agents
Certain consumers prefer to visit with an insurance agent and often times that is recommended A good thing about getting free rate quotes online is that you can find the best rates but also keep your business local. And buying from local insurance agents is important especially in Aurora.
After filling out this form (opens in new window), the coverage information is sent to agents in your area that provide free Aurora auto insurance quotes to get your business. You don't have to contact any agents because quoted prices will be sent to the email address you provide. It's the lowest rates and a licensed agent to work with. If for some reason you want to get a comparison quote from a specific insurance company, you can always find their quoting web page and complete a quote there.
Choose an insurance agent wisely
If you want a good insurance agency, it helps to know the two types of agencies and how they can write your policy. Car insurance agencies are considered either exclusive or independent.
Independent Car Insurance Agents
Agents that elect to be independent are not locked into one company so as a result can place your coverage with many different companies and get you the best rates possible. If you want to switch companies, they can switch companies in-house which makes it simple for you.
If you are trying to find cheaper rates, you need to include rate quotes from several independent insurance agents to get the most accurate price comparison.
Shown below is a small list of independent agencies in Aurora that can give you pricing information.
Agents in the exclusive channel are contracted to one company like State Farm or Allstate. Exclusive agents cannot give you multiple price quotes so they really need to provide good service. Exclusive insurance agents receive a lot of sales training on their products and sales techniques which helps them sell insurance even at higher premiums.
Below is a list of exclusive insurance agencies in Aurora willing to provide price quotes.
Selecting an auto insurance agent needs to be determined by more than just a cheap price quote. Here are some questions you should ask.
- Is every driver in your family covered?
- Can you use your own choice of collision repair facility?
- Is auto insurance their primary focus in Aurora?
- Do the coverages you're quoting properly cover your vehicle?
- What insurance companies do they work with in Aurora?
- Do they receive special compensation for putting your coverage with one company over another?
- If you have an accident, will your rates go up?
Affordable coverage is out there
Cheap Cadillac Escalade insurance in Aurora can be sourced both online in addition to many Aurora insurance agents, so you should be comparing quotes from both to get a complete price analysis. There are still a few companies who may not have the ability to get a quote online and these regional insurance providers only sell coverage through independent agencies.
We've covered many ways to lower your Cadillac Escalade insurance premium rates in Aurora. The most important thing to understand is the more rate comparisons you have, the better likelihood of getting inexpensive Aurora auto insurance quotes. Consumers may even find the best price on insurance is with a lesser-known regional company. These smaller insurers may cover specific market segments cheaper as compared to the big name companies such as Allstate and Progressive.
- Neck Injury FAQ (iihs.org)
- How Much are Auto Insurance Quotes for a Learners Permit in Colorado? (FAQ)
- Who Has the Cheapest Auto Insurance Quotes for Drivers Under 25 in Colorado? (FAQ)
- How Much are Auto Insurance Rates for Drivers Under 21 in Colorado? (FAQ)
- Older Driver Statistics (Insurance Information Institute)
- Credit Impacts Car Insurance Rates (State Farm)
- Keeping Children Safe in Crashes Video (iihs.org)
- Insuring a Leased Car (Insurance Information Institute)