I really doubt anyone rejoices having to buy auto insurance, in particular when they are paying too much.
Inconceivable but true, most drivers have stayed with the same insurance company for at least the last four years, and nearly half have never compared rates from other carriers. With the average auto insurance premium being $1,813, Colorado Springs drivers could save as much as 35% a year just by shopping around, but they mistakenly think it's difficult to shop around. Big companies like State Farm, Farmers Insurance, GEICO and Allstate persitently shower you with catchy ads and it is difficult to avoid their marketing magic and find the best price available.
Finding cheaper Colorado Springs car insurance quotes is not rocket science. You just need to spend a little time comparing price quotes to discover which company has low cost Colorado Springs auto insurance quotes.
Getting free quotes online is quite simple, and it makes it obsolete to drive to insurance agents' offices. The ability to get quotes online makes this process obsolete unless you want the professional assistance that you can only get from talking to an agent. Although, it is possible comparison shop online and still use a local agent.
The companies in the list below can provide comparison quotes in Colorado. If multiple companies are shown, it's a good idea that you get prices from several of them in order to find the most competitive rates.
|Model||Comp||Collision||Liability||Medical||UM/UIM||Annual Premium||Monthly Premium|
|Enclave CX 2WD||$226||$400||$362||$22||$108||$1,118||$93|
|Enclave CX AWD||$310||$592||$362||$22||$108||$1,394||$116|
|Enclave XL 2WD||$300||$620||$426||$26||$128||$1,500||$125|
|Enclave XL AWD||$192||$312||$362||$22||$108||$996||$83|
|Get Your Own Custom Quote Go|
Table data assumes married male driver age 40, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, $1,000 deductibles, and Colorado minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include safe-driver, multi-policy, homeowner, multi-vehicle, and claim-free. Table data does not factor in specific garaging location which can increase or decrease premiums greatly.
Cost of full coverage in Colorado Springs
The diagram below illustrates the difference between Buick Enclave insurance costs with full physical damage coverage compared to only buying the minimum liability limits required in Colorado. The premiums are based on no accidents or driving violations, $100 deductibles, married female driver, and no other discounts are factored in.
When to drop full coverage
There is no specific rule to drop physical damage coverage, but there is a general guideline you can use. If the annual cost of your full coverage insurance is about 10% or more of replacement cost minus your deductible, then it's probably a good time to buy liability coverage only.
For example, let's say your Buick Enclave claim settlement value is $4,000 and you have $1,000 deductibles. If your vehicle is totaled in an accident, you would only receive $3,000 after paying the physical damage deductible. If premium cost is more than $300 a year for your policy with full coverage, then you may want to consider only buying liability coverage.
There are some circumstances where removing full coverage is not a good plan. If you haven't paid off your loan, you have to keep full coverage as part of the loan requirements. Also, if your emergency fund is not enough to purchase a different vehicle in case of an accident, you should not drop full coverage.
Gender-based auto insurance rates
The illustration below shows the comparison of Buick Enclave insurance prices for male and female drivers. The premium estimates are based on no violations or accidents, full coverage, $100 deductibles, drivers are not married, and no discounts are taken into consideration.
Physical damage deductible comparison
The information below demonstrates how deductibles and can affect Buick Enclave insurance rates for each different age group. The costs are based on a married female driver, comp and collision included, and no discounts are factored in.
Check for these discounts
Car insurance is not inexpensive, but companies offer discounts to reduce the price significantly. Certain credits will be shown at the time you complete a quote, but lesser-known reductions have to be inquired about prior to receiving the credit.
- Anti-lock Brake System - Cars, trucks, and SUVs that have steering control and anti-lock brakes can avoid accidents so companies give up to a 10% discount.
- Active Service Discounts - Being deployed in the military could trigger a small discount.
- Seat Belt Usage - Drivers who require all occupants to wear their seat belts can save up to 10 percent (depending on the company) on the medical payments or PIP coverage costs.
- Anti-theft System - Cars equipped with anti-theft or alarm systems can help prevent theft and qualify for as much as a 10% discount.
- Auto/Home Discount - If you can bundle your home and auto insurance and insure them with the same company you may save over 10 percent off each policy depending on the company.
- Passenger Safety Discount - Vehicles equipped with air bags and/or automatic seat belt systems can get savings of more than 20%.
- One Accident Forgiven - This one isn't a discount, but some companies like Allstate and Progressive will forgive one accident before raising your premiums if you are claim-free before the accident.
- Multi-Vehicle Discounts - Buying coverage for multiple vehicles on one policy can reduce the rates for all insured vehicles.
- Government Employee Discount - Having worked for a branch of the government could provide a small rate reduction with a few car insurance companies.
As a disclaimer on discounts, most discounts do not apply to your bottom line cost. Some only apply to the cost of specific coverages such as collision or personal injury protection. So when it seems like having all the discounts means you get insurance for free, it's just not the way it works.
If you would like to view insurance companies who offer cheap Buick Enclave insurance quotes in Colorado Springs in Colorado Springs, follow this link.
Shop online but buy locally
Certain consumers just want to have an agent's advice and we recommend doing that Experienced insurance agents are highly skilled in risk management and help file insurance claims. The biggest benefit of getting online price quotes is that you can obtain cheaper prices and still have an agent to talk to.
After filling out this quick form, the quote information is emailed to local insurance agents that provide free Colorado Springs auto insurance quotes and help you find cheaper coverage. You don't have to leave your computer since price quotes are sent straight to your inbox. If for some reason you want to get a price quote from a specific company, you would need to visit that company's website and submit a quote form there.
Choosing an provider shouldn't rely on just a low price. These are some valid questions you should ask.
- Are they able to influence company decisions when a claim is filed?
- Do clients work directly with the agent or are most inquiries handled by a CSR?
- How is replacement cost determined on your vehicle?
- Can glass repairs be made at your home?
- If you have an accident, will your rates go up?
- Is the quote a firm price?
- Do they assist clients in filing claims?
Buick Enclave Insurance Price Factors
Consumers need to have an understanding of the different types of things that help determine the level of your policy premiums. If you have some idea of what impacts premium levels, this empowers consumers to make smart changes that can help you get much lower annual insurance costs.
Shown below are most of the major factors used by your company to calculate your rates.
- Always keep your insurance in force - Having an insurance coverage lapse is a sure-fire way to increase your rates. And not only will insurance be more expensive, getting caught without coverage will get you fines and jail time. You may need to provide proof of insurance in the form of an SR-22 filing with the Colorado motor vehicle department to get your license reinstated.
- Urban residents pay more - Residing in small towns and rural areas has it's advantages when it comes to insurance. Fewer drivers and short commutes means less chance of accidents and lower theft and vandalism rates. Urban drivers have more auto accidents and more severe claims. Longer commute distances means more chances of being involved in an auto accident.
- Drivers with good credit save on insurance - An insured's credit history is a big factor in determining premium rates. If your credit score is low, you may save money insuring your Buick Enclave if you clean up your credit. Insureds that have very high credit ratings tend to file fewer claims than drivers who have lower credit scores.
- High physical damage deductibles reduce costs - Coverage for physical damage, termed comprehensive and collision coverage on your policy, helps pay for damage to your vehicle. Examples of some claims that would be covered are a broken side mirror, damage caused by hail, and windstorm damage. Comprehensive and collision coverage deductibles tell how much you are willing to pay if the claim is covered. The more damage repair cost you're willing to pay, the bigger discount you will receive.
- Vehicle theft costs us all - Choosing to buy a car with an alarm system can earn a premium discount. Anti-theft features like LoJack tracking devices, vehicle tamper alarm systems or GM's OnStar system can help prevent your car from being stolen.
- Do you really need the add-on coverages? - Insurance companies have many optional add-on coverages that can add up on your Enclave policy. Insurance for things like personal injury protection, towing, and term life insurance are some examples. They may sound like good ideas when you first buy your policy, but if they're wasting money remove them from your policy.
- Keep insurance claims to a minimum - If you file claims often, don't be surprised to see either a policy non-renewal or much higher rates. Companies in Colorado give lower rates to policyholders who are claim-free. Your car insurance is meant to be used in the event of the bigger claims that can't be paid out-of-pocket.
- Safer cars cost less to insure - Safe vehicles tend to have better insurance rates. These vehicles help reduce the chance of injuries in an accident and fewer serious injuries means lower claim amounts and thus lower rates. If the Buick Enclave has at least an "acceptable" rating on the Insurance Institute for Highway Safety website you may qualify for a discount.
- Buick Enclave insurance loss statistics - Insurers factor in insurance loss information to determine a rate that will be profitable for them. Vehicles that are shown to have a higher amount or frequency of claims will have higher rates.
The next table shows the historical insurance loss data for Buick Enclave vehicles. For each coverage type, the loss probablilty for all vehiclescombined as an average is a value of 100. Values that are 100 or less mean the vehicle has better than average losses, while values that are above 100 point to more claims or tendancy to have higher losses.
Buick Enclave Insurance Claim Statistics
Vehicle Make and Model Collision Property Damage Comp Personal Injury Medical Payment Bodily Injury Buick Enclave 4dr 2WD 85 101 83 67 63 81 Buick Enclave 4dr 4WD 93 110 92 64 62 84
Statistics Source: Insurance Institute for Highway Safety for 2013-2015 Model Years
Car insurance in Colorado serves several purposes
Despite the fact that car insurance is not cheap in Colorado Springs, buying car insurance is a good idea for several reasons.
- The majority of states have compulsory liability insurance requirements which means it is punishable by state law to not carry specific limits of liability insurance in order to drive the car legally. In Colorado these limits are 25/50/15 which means you must have $25,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $50,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $15,000 of property damage coverage.
- If you bought your Buick Enclave with a loan, most banks will force you to buy insurance to ensure the loan is repaid in case of a total loss. If you cancel or allow the policy to lapse, the lender may insure your Buick at an extremely high rate and require you to fork over much more than you were paying before.
- Car insurance protects not only your Buick Enclave but also your financial assets. It will also provide coverage for all forms of medical expenses for you, your passengers, and anyone else injured in an accident. Liability coverage, the one required by state law, will also pay to defend you if you are named as a defendant in an auto accident. If your Buick gets damaged, comprehensive and/or collision insurance will cover the repair costs.
The benefits of buying car insurance outweigh the cost, particularly if you ever have a claim. The average driver in Colorado is overpaying over $810 a year so compare rate quotes at every renewal to help ensure money is not being wasted.
Persistence will pay off
Some car insurance companies do not offer online rate quotes and these regional insurance providers only sell through independent agencies. Discount Buick Enclave insurance can be purchased online as well as from independent agents in Colorado Springs, so you need to compare both to get a complete price analysis.
When buying insurance coverage, never skimp on coverage in order to save money. There have been many situations where someone sacrificed uninsured motorist or liability limits only to find out that the small savings ended up costing them much more. The ultimate goal is to buy enough coverage at the best cost, not the least amount of coverage.
- Information for Teen Drivers (GEICO)
- How Much is Colorado Auto Insurance for Low Credit Scores? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Car Insurance Rates for a Ford Escape in Colorado? (FAQ)
- What are my Rights when Filing a Claim? (Insurance Information Institute)
- Rearview cameras reduce backing crashes (Insurance Institute for Highway Safety)
- What does Personal Injury Protection (PIP) Cover? (Allstate)
- Air Bags: Potential Dangers to Your Children (Insurance Information Institute)