No sane person looks forward to paying premiums for car insurance, particularly when their premiums are too high.
It's shocking but a large majority of consumers kept buying from the same company for four years or more, and about 40% of consumers have never even compared quotes to find cheaper rates. Many drivers in Colorado can save as much as $600 each year, but they feel it's too difficult to compare rates online.
Many auto insurance companies vie for your business, and because of this it can be hard to compare insurers and uncover the absolute best price available on Buick Enclave insurance in Denver.
If you currently have a car insurance policy, you will surely be able to reduce the price you pay using the tips covered below. Locating the most cost-effective insurance policy in Denver is much easier if you have a good place to start. Although Colorado consumers can benefit from knowing how companies calculate your insurance rates because rates fluctuate considerably.
Cheap Denver Buick Enclave insurance
Keep in mind that comparing a large number of companies gives you a better chance of getting a lower rate.
The car insurance companies shown below have been selected to offer free quotes in Denver, CO. If multiple companies are shown, we suggest you get rates from several of them in order to get a fair rate comparison.
|Model||Comp||Collision||Liability||Medical||UM/UIM||Annual Premium||Monthly Premium|
|Enclave CX 2WD||$294||$608||$456||$28||$136||$1,522||$127|
|Enclave CX AWD||$264||$528||$368||$22||$110||$1,292||$108|
|Enclave XL 2WD||$264||$528||$396||$24||$118||$1,330||$111|
|Enclave XL AWD||$162||$282||$330||$20||$98||$892||$74|
|Get Your Own Custom Quote Go|
Cost estimates assume married female driver age 50, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, $1,000 deductibles, and Colorado minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include homeowner, multi-policy, claim-free, safe-driver, and multi-vehicle. Information does not factor in your specific Denver location which can modify premiums significantly.
Auto insurance rates based on gender
The example below compares Buick Enclave premium costs for male and female drivers. Data assumes no accidents or driving violations, comprehensive and collision coverage, $100 deductibles, drivers are single, and no policy discounts are applied.
Full coverage rates vs. liability-only
The diagram below illustrates the comparison of Buick Enclave annual premium costs with full coverage and liability only. The rates are based on no driving violations, no at-fault accidents, $100 deductibles, married male driver, and no discounts are taken into consideration.
When to stop buying full coverage
There isn't a written rule for eliminating full coverage, but there is a general guideline you can use. If the annual cost of your full coverage insurance is more than about 10% of the replacement cost of your vehicle minus the policy deductible, then it may be the right time to buy liability only.
For example, let's say your Buick Enclave claim settlement value is $6,000 and you have $1,000 physical damage deductibles. If your vehicle is destroyed, the most your company will settle for is $5,000 after you pay the deductible. If premiums are more than $500 a year for your policy with full coverage, the it may be a good time to stop paying for full coverage.
There are some circumstances where removing full coverage is not financially feasible. If you have an outstanding loan on your vehicle, you have to carry full coverage to satisfy the loan requirements. Also, if your savings is not enough to buy a different vehicle in the event your current vehicle is totaled, you should not remove full coverage.
Companies offer many discounts on Buick Enclave insurance in Denver
Car insurance is not cheap, but you might find some hidden discounts that can dramatically reduce your bill. Certain discounts will be triggered automatically when you get a quote, but a few must be inquired about in order for you to get them.
- Multi-car Discount - Buying insurance for multiple cars or trucks with the same car insurance company can reduce rates for all insured vehicles.
- College Student Discount - Children who are enrolled in higher education away from home and won't have access to an insured vehicle may qualify for this discount.
- Pay Now and Pay Less - By paying your policy upfront rather than paying monthly you can actually save on your bill.
- Auto/Life Discount - Insurance carriers who offer life insurance give a lower premium rate if you buy a life insurance policy as well.
- Fewer Miles Equal More Savings - Maintaining low annual mileage may enable drivers to earn slightly better premium rates than normal.
- Discounts for Responsible Drivers - Insureds without accidents can pay as much as 50% less as compared to drivers with claims.
It's important to note that most of the big mark downs will not be given to your bottom line cost. Some only apply to the price of certain insurance coverages like liability, collision or medical payments. Even though it may seem like you would end up receiving a 100% discount, company stockholders wouldn't be very happy.
If you would like to see a list of insurance companies with discount car insurance rates in Denver, follow this link.
Insurance protects more than just your car
Even though it's not necessarily cheap to insure a Buick in Denver, insurance is required by state law in Colorado and it also provides benefits you may not be aware of.
- Most states have mandatory insurance requirements which means state laws require a specific level of liability if you want to drive legally. In Colorado these limits are 25/50/15 which means you must have $25,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $50,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $15,000 of property damage coverage.
- If your Buick Enclave has a lienholder, almost all lenders will have a requirement that you buy full coverage to guarantee their interest in the vehicle. If you do not keep the policy in force, the bank will be required to insure your Buick at a much higher premium rate and force you to pay for it.
- Insurance preserves both your Buick Enclave and your assets. It also can pay for many types of medical costs for yourself as well as anyone injured by you. Liability coverage will also pay to defend you if anyone sues you for causing an accident. If damage is caused by hail or an accident, comprehensive (other-than-collision) and collision coverage will pay to restore your vehicle to like-new condition.
The benefits of buying enough insurance more than cancel out the cost, especially when you need to use it. As of last year, the average driver in Colorado is overpaying over $855 a year so it's very important to do a rate comparison at every renewal to make sure the price is not too high.
Car insurance agents can help
A lot of people still prefer to get professional advice from a licensed agent and that is OK! The biggest benefit of comparing rate quotes online is that drivers can save money and get lower rates but still work with a licensed agent. Putting coverage with local agents is definitely important in Denver.
To help locate an agent, after submitting this simple form, your insurance data is transmitted to local insurance agents in Denver that give free quotes for your business. There is no need to search for an agent since rate quotes are delivered to you instantly. You can find lower rates without a big time investment. In the event you want to get a price quote from one company in particular, just go to their quote page and fill out the quote form the provide.
Types of car insurance agents in Denver
If you prefer to buy auto insurance from an insurance agent, it helps to know the two types of agencies that you can select. Auto insurance policy providers can be described as either independent agents or exclusive agents depending on their employer.
Independent Auto Insurance Agencies or Brokers
Agents that choose to be independent are not employed by any specific company and that is an advantage because they can write policies amongst many companies depending on which coverage is best. To transfer your coverage to a different company, they simply move your policy to a different company and you won't have to switch agencies.
If you need cheaper auto insurance rates, it's recommended you compare quotes from at a minimum one independent agency so that you have a good selection of quotes to compare.
Listed below is a list of independent insurance agencies in Denver that can give you free price quotes.
Gonzalez Insurance Agency
6450 E Colfax Ave - Denver, CO 80220 - (303) 320-4901 - View Map
Exclusive Insurance Agencies
Exclusive agencies can only provide one company's prices and some examples include Allstate and State Farm. Exclusive agencies are unable to place coverage with different providers so they really need to provide good service. Exclusive insurance agents are usually quite knowledgeable on what they offer and that can be a competitive advantage.
Listed below is a list of exclusive insurance agencies in Denver that are able to give price quote information.
Deciding on a insurance agent should depend on more than just the quoted price. Get answers to these questions too.
- What company do they have the most business with?
- Do they prorate repair cost based on vehicle mileage?
- Will a damage claim use OEM or aftermarket replacement parts?
- Which family members are covered?
- How long has the business existed?
- Is coverage determined by price?
- What insurance companies do they work with in Denver?
- Are they properly licensed to sell insurance in Colorado?