Has it been a year or more since you last compared quotes for more affordable BMW X1 insurance in Fort Collins? Car owners new to buying insurance coverage online are likely to discover locating inexpensive BMW X1 insurance in Fort Collins is very challenging.
It's amazing but over 70% of consumers kept their coverage with the same auto insurance company for more than four years, and nearly the majority have never compared rate quotes at all. The average driver in America could save $859 a year, but they underestimate how much they could save if they bought a different policy.
It's a good idea to get comparison quotes as often as possible since rates change frequently. Just because you had the best rate on BMW X1 insurance in Fort Collins last year you will most likely find a better price today. There is a lot of bad information regarding X1 insurance on the internet, but in this article, you're going to get some great ways to reduce your auto insurance bill.
Best companies for BMW X1 insurance
The following companies are our best choices to provide price quotes in Colorado. If multiple providers are shown, we recommend you click on several of them to find the lowest auto insurance rates.
Lower your car insurance rates with discounts
Companies offering auto insurance don't list every discount in a way that's easy to find, so the list below details a few of the more common in addition to some of the lesser obvious credits available to lower your premiums when you buy Fort Collins car insurance online.
- ABS Brakes - Cars with anti-lock braking systems have fewer accidents and earn discounts up to 10%.
- Seat Belt Discounts - Drivers who require all occupants to buckle up before driving could cut 10% or more on the premium charged for medical payments and/or PIP.
- Senior Discount - Older drivers may receive a discount up to 10%.
- Active Military Service - Having a family member in the military could be rewarded with lower rates.
- Full Payment Discount - If you pay your bill all at once rather than paying in monthly installments you may have a lower total premium amount.
- Good Grades Discount - Performing well in school may save you up to 25%. The good student discount can last until age 25.
- Low Mileage - Keeping the miles down on your BMW may allow you to get better premium rates on cars that stay parked.
- Student in College - College-age children who live away from home at college and do not take a car to college can be insured at a reduced rate.
- Memberships - Participating in specific professional or occupational memberships or organizations is a good way to get lower rates when getting a Fort Collins car insurance quote.
- Multi-Vehicle Discounts - Purchasing coverage when you have more than one vehicle on one policy can reduce the rates for all insured vehicles.
One thing to note about discounts is that many deductions do not apply to all coverage premiums. Most cut individual premiums such as physical damage coverage or medical payments. Just because you may think you would end up receiving a 100% discount, it just doesn't work that way.
Companies and their offered discounts include:
- State Farm offers discounts for driver's education, accident-free, defensive driving training, safe vehicle, good student, and multiple policy.
- Nationwide may have discounts that include Farm Bureau membership, easy pay, business or organization, accident-free, and multi-policy.
- GEICO offers premium reductions for multi-vehicle, seat belt use, membership and employees, air bags, and multi-policy.
- AAA may offer discounts for multi-car, multi-policy, education and occupation, good student, AAA membership discount, and pay-in-full.
- 21st Century policyholders can earn discounts including teen driver, 55 and older, theft prevention, homeowners, and anti-lock brakes.
- The Hartford discounts include good student, bundle, driver training, anti-theft, vehicle fuel type, air bag, and defensive driver.
If you want cheaper Fort Collins car insurance quotes, ask all the companies which discounts can lower your rates. Some discounts listed above may not apply everywhere. To view car insurance companies that provide some of the discounts listed above in Fort Collins, click this link.
How much insurance do I need?
Always keep in mind that when comparing the best insurance coverage for your personal vehicles, there really is not a one size fits all plan. Each situation is unique.
For instance, these questions can aid in determining whether your personal situation would benefit from an agent's advice.
- Who does medical payments coverage extend to?
- What are the best liability limits?
- Should I buy full coverage?
- What does medical payments cover?
- How much cheaper are high deductibles?
- Do I get a pro-rated refund if I cancel my policy early?
- Why am I required to buy high-risk coverage?
- Why do I need rental car insurance?
- Does my insurance cover my expensive audio equipment?
- If I use my vehicle for business use is it covered?
If you're not sure about those questions, you may need to chat with an insurance agent. If you want to speak to an agent in your area, complete this form.
When should I have guidance from an insurance agent?
Some people still like to sit down and talk to an agent and that is just fine! A good thing about getting free rate quotes online is that you can find lower prices and still have a local agent. And providing support for local agents is important particularly in Fort Collins.
After filling out this quick form, your coverage information is sent to insurance agents in Fort Collins who can give free rate quotes for your business. There is no reason to search for an agent since price quotes are sent to your email. It's the lowest rates and an insurance agent to talk to. If you have a need to get a rate quote from a specific insurance company, just find their quoting web page and give them your coverage information.
When searching for a reliable agent, it can be helpful to understand the types of agencies that differ in how they can insure your vehicles. Agents in Fort Collins are classified as either exclusive or independent agents depending on their company appointments.
Independent Insurance Agencies or Brokers
These agents do not sell for just one brand and that allows them to write policies with a variety of different insurance companies and get the cheapest rates. If premiums increase, they simply move your policy to a different company and you don't have to find a new agent.
When comparing rates, we recommend you get insurance quotes from a couple of independent agencies to ensure the widest selection of prices. Most have the option of insuring with lesser-known insurance companies which can be an advantage.
Shown below is a list of independent agents in Fort Collins that can possibly get you cheap rate quotes.
- Trozan Insurance Agency, Inc
421 Stover St - Fort Collins, CO 80524 - (970) 224-5500 - View Map
- Frontier Insurance Group
144 N Mason St # 5 - Fort Collins, CO 80524 - (970) 672-8853 - View Map
- Northern Colorado Insurance Agency
7352 Greenridge Road, Suite A-8 - Windsor, CO 80550 - (970) 460-0303 - View Map
Exclusive Insurance Agencies
Exclusive agencies can only write with one company such as Farmers Insurance, Allstate, or State Farm. They usually cannot provide prices from multiple companies so they have to upsell other benefits. Exclusive agencies are highly trained on their company's products which helps offset the inability to provide other markets. Consumers sometimes use the same exclusive agent primarily because of the prominence of the brand and solid financial strength.
Shown below is a short list of exclusive agencies in Fort Collins willing to provide price quotes.
- Allstate Insurance: Ed Andrews
4519 S College Ave b - Fort Collins, CO 80525 - (970) 482-7400 - View Map
- Daryl Alexander - State Farm Insurance Agent
5205 S College Ave - Fort Collins, CO 80525 - (970) 493-2196 - View Map
- Allstate Insurance: Jennifer Harms
1008 Driftwood Dr Ste B - Fort Collins, CO 80525 - (970) 204-1100 - View Map
Finding the right insurance agent requires you to look at more than just a cheap price. These are some valid questions you should ask.
- Do you have coverage for a rental car if your vehicle is in the repair shop?
- What discounts might you be missing?
- Is every driver in your family covered?
- Does the company allow you to choose your own collision repair facility?
- Are claim adjusters local or do you have to take your car somewhere else?
- Are there any discounts for paying up front?
- What insurance companies do they recommend if they are an independent agent?
Upon getting good responses in addition to an acceptable price estimate, chances are good that you have found an auto insurance agent that is reputable and can provide insurance coverage. Just remember you are entitled to terminate coverage whenever you wish so don't think you're contractually obligated to a specific agent for the full term.
What is YOUR best insurance company?
As you shop your coverage around, it's a bad idea to buy less coverage just to save a little money. In too many instances, consumers will sacrifice liability coverage limits to discover at claim time they didn't have enough coverage. Your aim should be to find the BEST coverage at the best possible price and still be able to protect your assets.
We just covered many tips how you can compare BMW X1 insurance rates in Fort Collins. The most important thing to understand is the more rate quotes you have, the higher the chance of saving money. You may even be surprised to find that the most savings is with some of the smallest insurance companies.
People change insurance companies for a variety of reasons including policy non-renewal, not issuing a premium refund, delays in responding to claim requests and even poor customer service. It doesn't matter why you want to switch choosing a new insurance company is easier than you think.
To read more, link through to the articles below:
- Vehicle Size and Weight FAQ (iihs.org)
- Who Has Cheap Auto Insurance for a Toyota RAV4 in Colorado? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Car Insurance for a Nissan Sentra in Colorado? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable Car Insurance Quotes for Drivers Over Age 50 in Colorado? (FAQ)
- What Auto Insurance is Cheapest in Security-Widefield, Colorado? (FAQ)
- Electronic Stability Control FAQ (iihs.org)
- Keeping Children Safe in Crashes Video (iihs.org)
- Credit Impacts Car Insurance Rates (State Farm)