Are you looking for a better way to compare cheaper BMW 325i insurance in Denver? Buying the lowest cost Denver BMW 325i insurance quotes on the web can be overwhelming for vehicle owners that are not comfortable with quoting and comparing prices over the internet. With such a large choice of companies in the marketplace, how can anyone effectively compare every possible option in order to find the cheapest price possible?
Shocking but true, most drivers kept their coverage with the same auto insurance company for a minimum of four years, and just short of a majority have never taken the time to shop around. The average driver in Colorado can cut their rates by approximately 35% a year, but they won't spend time to compare rate quotes online.
It's a great practice to do rate comparisons on a regular basis because auto insurance prices change regularly. Despite the fact that you may have had the lowest rates on BMW 325i insurance in Denver two years ago there may be better deals available now. Forget anything you know (or think you know) about auto insurance because it's time to teach you one of the quickest ways to find better rates and still maintain coverage.
It's important to know that obtaining a wide range of quotes will increase your chances of finding the best price.
The companies shown below offer price quotes in Denver, CO. If the list has multiple companies, we suggest you get rate quotes from several of them to get the best price comparison.
Auto insurance does more than just repair your car
Despite the potentially high cost of BMW 325i insurance, insuring your vehicle may be required for several reasons.
- Just about all states have compulsory liability insurance requirements which means the state requires a specific minimum amount of liability coverage in order to be legal. In Colorado these limits are 25/50/15 which means you must have $25,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $50,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $15,000 of property damage coverage.
- If you have a lien on your BMW, almost every bank will require that you have insurance to guarantee payment of the loan. If you do not keep the policy in force, the bank or lender will purchase a policy for your BMW at an extremely high rate and require you to pay a much higher amount than you were paying before.
- Auto insurance preserves both your BMW and your personal assets. It will also provide coverage for medical transport and hospital expenses for you, any passengers, and anyone injured in an accident. Liability insurance also covers all legal expenses up to the policy limit if someone files suit against you as the result of an accident. If mother nature or an accident damages your car, collision and comprehensive (also known as other-than-collision) coverage will cover the repair costs.
The benefits of having auto insurance are without a doubt worth the cost, particularly when you have a large claim. Despite what companies tell you, the average driver overpays more than $810 a year so you should quote your policy with other companies at every policy renewal to ensure rates are competitive.
Denver insurance discounts
Buying insurance is not cheap, but you might be missing out on some discounts to reduce the price significantly. Certain discounts will be applied when you complete an application, but once in a while a discount must be specially asked for before they will apply.
- Club Memberships - Affiliation with a civic or occupational organization in Denver may earn a discount on insurance.
- Accident Forgiveness - Not necessarily a discount, but a handful of insurance companies permit an accident before they charge you more for coverage as long as you don't have any claims prior to the accident.
- Resident Student - College-age children who live away from home to go to college and do not have access to a covered vehicle could qualify for this discount.
- Multiple Cars - Insuring multiple cars on one policy qualifies for this discount.
- Low Mileage - Fewer annual miles on your BMW can qualify you for better premium rates on cars that stay parked.
- Senior Citizen Rates - Older drivers could receive a slight reduction on a Denver auto insurance quote.
- Good Student Discount - Maintaining excellent grades may save you up to 25%. Most companies allow this discount up to age 25.
As a sidenote, some of the credits will not apply to the overall cost of the policy. Some only apply to specific coverage prices like comp or med pay. So even though they make it sound like adding up those discounts means a free policy, insurance companies aren't that generous.
Insurance companies who may offer some of the above discounts may include but are not limited to:
When quoting, ask every insurance company how many discounts you can get. Some discounts may not apply to policies in your state. To choose insurance companies who offer insurance discounts in Colorado, follow this link.
When should I talk to an insurance agent?
A small number of people just prefer to buy from a licensed agent and that can be a smart move One of the great benefits of getting online price quotes is that you can find better rates and also buy local.
To find an agent, once you fill out this quick form, your insurance data is transmitted to local insurance agents in Denver who will gladly provide quotes for your coverage. There is no reason to drive around as quotes are delivered straight to your inbox. Get lower rates AND a local agent. If for some reason you want to quote rates from a specific insurance company, you just need to visit that company's website and give them your coverage information.
Finding a good company requires you to look at more than just the bottom line cost. You should also get answers to these questions.
- What company do they have the most business with?
- Are all drivers listed on the coverage quote?
- Do they specialize in personal lines auto insurance in Denver?
- Will the agent or a CSR service your policy?
- Which companies do they recommend if they are an independent agency?
- Will the quote change when the policy is issued?
- How would your car be valued if totalled?
- Can you use your own choice of collision repair facility?
If you want a reputable agency, there are a couple of different types of agents and how they can write your policy. Agencies in Denver may be either exclusive or independent (non-exclusive).
Exclusive Car Insurance Agents
Agents that choose to be exclusive have only one company to place business with such as AAA, Allstate, and State Farm. Exclusive agencies are unable to provide prices from multiple companies so keep that in mind. They are usually quite knowledgeable on the products they sell which aids in selling service over price. Consumers frequently buy from the same agent for years mostly because of the brand legacy and the convenience of having all coverages with one company.
The following are Denver exclusive insurance agents who may provide you with comparison quotes.
- Tiffany Meidinger - State Farm Insurance Agent
1100 Acoma St - Denver, CO 80204 - (720) 508-8760 - View Map
- Jack Sunahara - State Farm Insurance Agent
3525 S Tamarac Dr #160 - Denver, CO 80237 - (303) 779-4848 - View Map
- Bob Chapman - State Farm Insurance Agent
2335 E Evans Ave - Denver, CO 80210 - (303) 777-3005 - View Map
Independent Car Insurance Agents
These agents do not write with just one company so they can write business amongst many companies depending on which coverage is best. If your agent finds better pricing, the business is moved internally and you stay with the same agent.
When searching for an agent, you need to check rates from a few independent agents for maximum quote selection. Many write coverage with small regional insurance companies which can be an advantage.
The following is a short list of independent agencies in Denver that can give you rate quotes.
- L A Insurance
2684 S Broadway - Denver, CO 80210 - (303) 282-8000 - View Map
- Henry Ham Agency, Inc
645 E Evans Ave - Denver, CO 80210 - (303) 744-1341 - View Map
- Sorhage and James Insurance
1660 S Albion St # 1005 - Denver, CO 80222 - (303) 759-4551 - View Map
If you get good responses to any questions you may have as well as a affordable price, it's a good possibility that you have found an insurance agent that is professional and can insure your vehicles. Just be aware that it's your coverage and you can terminate coverage whenever you wish so don't feel that you're stuck with any specific company for the full term.
Car insurance coverage options for a BMW 325i
Having a good grasp of your car insurance policy aids in choosing the best coverages at the best deductibles and correct limits. The coverage terms in a policy can be difficult to understand and even agents have difficulty translating policy wording.
This coverage pays to fix your vehicle from damage from colliding with an object or car. You have to pay a deductible and the rest of the damage will be paid by collision coverage.
Collision coverage protects against things such as crashing into a ditch, sideswiping another vehicle, hitting a parking meter, sustaining damage from a pot hole and scraping a guard rail. Collision is rather expensive coverage, so consider removing coverage from vehicles that are older. Drivers also have the option to increase the deductible on your 325i to bring the cost down.
Medical payments coverage and PIP
Coverage for medical payments and/or PIP reimburse you for bills such as dental work, doctor visits, X-ray expenses, nursing services and hospital visits. The coverages can be used in conjunction with a health insurance plan or if you do not have health coverage. They cover both the driver and occupants and will also cover any family member struck as a pedestrian. PIP coverage is only offered in select states and gives slightly broader coverage than med pay
Uninsured/Underinsured Motorist coverage
This provides protection when other motorists either are underinsured or have no liability coverage at all. It can pay for injuries to you and your family as well as your vehicle's damage.
Due to the fact that many Colorado drivers have only the minimum liability required by law (25/50/15 in Colorado), it only takes a small accident to exceed their coverage. This is the reason having UM/UIM coverage is important protection for you and your family.
Comprehensive insurance will pay to fix damage that is not covered by collision coverage. You first have to pay a deductible and then insurance will cover the rest of the damage.
Comprehensive coverage pays for claims such as damage from getting keyed, a tree branch falling on your vehicle and damage from a tornado or hurricane. The maximum payout a car insurance company will pay at claim time is the cash value of the vehicle, so if the vehicle's value is low it's probably time to drop comprehensive insurance.
Liability car insurance
This coverage will cover damage that occurs to other's property or people in an accident. It consists of three limits, bodily injury for each person injured, bodily injury for the entire accident and a property damage limit. As an example, you may have liability limits of 25/50/15 which stand for a limit of $25,000 per injured person, a limit of $50,000 in injury protection per accident, and a total limit of $15,000 for damage to vehicles and property.
Liability insurance covers things like funeral expenses, repair bills for other people's vehicles, pain and suffering and medical services. How much liability should you purchase? That is a decision to put some thought into, but consider buying as large an amount as possible. Colorado state law requires minimum liability limits of 25/50/15 but you should consider buying higher limits.
Compare car insurance prices regularly to save
Drivers who switch companies do it for any number of reasons including an unsatisfactory settlement offer, poor customer service, questionable increases in premium or even policy cancellation. Regardless of your reason, choosing a new insurance company is easier than you think.
As you shop your coverage around, it's not a good idea to skimp on critical coverages to save a buck or two. In too many instances, an insured cut physical damage coverage and found out when filing a claim they didn't purchase enough coverage. Your aim should be to buy the best coverage you can find at an affordable rate but still have enough coverage for asset protection.
A few companies may not provide online price quotes and these regional carriers only sell coverage through local independent agents. Discount BMW 325i insurance is possible online and also from your neighborhood Denver agents, and you should compare rates from both to have the best chance of lowering rates.
Additional car insurance information is located at these links:
- Auto Insurance 101 (About.com)
- Who Has Cheap Car Insurance Quotes for Unemployed Drivers in Colorado? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable Auto Insurance for Teenagers in Colorado? (FAQ)
- What Auto Insurance is Cheapest for Nurses in Colorado? (FAQ)
- How Much are Colorado Car Insurance Quotes After a Speeding Ticket? (FAQ)
- What is the Best Cheap Car Insurance in Denver, CO? (FAQ)
- Who Has the Cheapest Colorado Car Insurance Rates for Felons? (FAQ)
- Honda warning system reduces insurance claims (Insurance Institute for Highway Safety)
- Keeping Children Safe in Crashes Video (iihs.org)